Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! (32580 Views)

Unboxing The Infinix Note 4 Pro X571 With X-pen In The Box For N70,500 (pics) / I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed / Unboxing The Gionee M6 Mirror...just Got Mine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Bigii(m): 6:13am On Jan 12, 2017
Gemc3:

Thanks a lot smiley
U welcome pretty. Would luv to be a friend #TrueFriend O'

1 Like

Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by tonyx4x44(m): 6:21am On Jan 12, 2017
peeguy:
All right!! There’s also the Warranty and manual with an extra screen guard.

Baba just forget the warranty. Gionee does not offer any form of warranty, or even reply why self. I'm speaking from experience
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by RexEmmyGee: 6:24am On Jan 12, 2017
donnie:

ThAnks

I'm not buying. Since OP no wan talk.
You are funny o. Just buy it for me
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by ozoebuka1(m): 9:13am On Jan 12, 2017
Iseoluwani:

Don't know d price anymore, bought mine 34k APRIL 2016
thanks.
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by peeguy(m): 11:05am On Jan 12, 2017
tonyx4x44:

Baba just forget the warranty. Gionee does not offer any form of warranty, or even reply why self. I'm speaking from experience
grin thats not true.
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by tall2ce(m): 11:47am On Jan 12, 2017
how is it different from m5plus
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by tonyx4x44(m): 2:05pm On Jan 12, 2017
peeguy:

grin thats not true.

I'm not joking...

That's what happened to my m5 mini. I updated it to 6.0 and the phone stopped working or turning on. I saw charged 10k to fix it at a gionee care center.

I complained serially on gionee twitter handle and facebook page. Till this day I never got a reply or even just an acknowledgement of my complain.

I was planning an upgrade to the m6, but changed my mind immediately.
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Kiady16: 2:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
tonyx4x44:

I'm not joking...

That's what happened to my m5 mini. I updated it to 6.0 and the phone stopped working or turning on. I saw charged 10k to fix it at a gionee care center.

I complained serially on gionee twitter handle and facebook page. Till this day I never got a reply or even just an acknowledgement of my complain.

I was planning an upgrade to the m6, but changed my mind immediately.
Was your gionee m5mini having a software issue as at when you took it to service centre
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by tonyx4x44(m): 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
Kiady16:
Was your gionee m5mini having a software issue as at when you took it to service centre

nope, none at all.

After installing the official update, the phone went off and never came back on, and the back of the phone felt quite warm.

This is an original device, three months old, never been rooted, or opened anywhere.

I was charged 10k to collect my device.

Funny thing, when I bought the device, they just asked me to check back later. I, as I would with any credible company, believed this was a warranty-covered issue. Imagine my surprise when I came back and was asked to pay 10k or my phone won't be released to me.

I was extremely disappointed in this brand. Moreso, because I had been an active preacher of their credibility as a serious phone maker.

I might create a Nairaland thread soon detailing my experience with the company.
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Oduirewamiri(f): 4:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
plsi just bought a techno boom j8 last week and I want to be sure there'd be no problem if I upgrade it to Android 6.0
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 12, 2017
tonyx4x44:

nope, none at all.

After installing the official update, the phone went off and never came back on, and the back of the phone felt quite warm.

This is an original device, three months old, never been rooted, or opened anywhere.

I was charged 10k to collect my device.

Funny thing, when I bought the device, they just asked me to check back later. I, as I would with any credible company, believed this was a warranty-covered issue. Imagine my surprise when I came back and was asked to pay 10k or my phone won't be released to me.

I was extremely disappointed in this brand. Moreso, because I had been an active preacher of their credibility as a serious phone maker.

I might create a Nairaland thread soon detailing my experience with the company.

PLEASE I beg you to create a thread for it, if you are sure you are telling the truth.

Since I have been using gionee product I have never for once had any issue with them, anytime I have a problem with the phone, like software issues, I take it to them and they get it repaired in exactly one week without paying one kobo.

PLEASE I BEG YOU, IF YOU ARE SAYING THE TRUTH, CREATE A THREAD FOR IT.

If not, it means you are one of gionee competitors agent out to persuade people from buying it.

1 Like

Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by tonyx4x44(m): 8:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
Jackofall:

PLEASE I beg you to create a thread for it, if you are sure you are telling the truth.

Since I have been using gionee product I have never for once had any issue with them, anytime I have a problem with the phone, like software issues, I take it to them and they get it repaired in exactly one week without paying one kobo.

PLEASE I BEG YOU, IF YOU ARE SAYING THE TRUTH, CREATE A THREAD FOR IT.

If not, it means you are one of gionee competitors agent out to persuade people from buying it.

I will.

I don't know what the exact issue was but they claimed that something got damaged in the phone from the update {a panel}. The attendant there claimed they changed a panel and this was the reason for the 10k charge.

Here's the issue. This thing was caused by their update and it seems like they are even aware of it.

Initially, when I got to the store I made the complaint explaining how I upgraded and how the phone died. The first thing the said, even before I finish complaining, was that I shouldn't have upgraded.

They tried to downgrade but the phone was not registering on the computer.

Also, after fixing the "panel" that got damaged, they also downgraded the phone (why?) and wiped my phone storage.

I have a history on nairaland dating all the way back to 2011 and i have never attacked or bad mouthed any phone company. In fact I have been recommending gionee to all my friends for the past few months that I have owned their device.

Gionee can easily investigate by taking look at their log at their Abuja centre as the phone's imei was registered during service.

I doubt they would though, as no one has replied me despite my detailed, repeated complaints on their Facebook wall and Twitter handle. Think I'm lying? Jump on their Facebook wall and see the endless unreplied complaints. They will only answer you when you ask where to by a phone.
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 12, 2017
tonyx4x44:

I will.

I don't know what the exact issue was but they claimed that something got damaged in the phone from the update {a panel}. The attendant there claimed they changed a panel and this was the reason for the 10k charge.

Here's the issue. This thing was caused by their update and it seems like they are even aware of it.

Initially, when I got to the store I made the complaint explaining how I upgraded and how the phone died. The first thing the said, even before I finish complaining, was that I shouldn't have upgraded.

They tried to downgrade but the phone was not registering on the computer.

Also, after fixing the "panel" that got damaged, they also downgraded the phone (why?) and wiped my phone storage.

I have a history on nairaland dating all the way back to 2011 and i have never attacked or bad mouthed any phone company. In fact I have been recommending gionee to all my friends for the past few months that I have owned their device.

Gionee can easily investigate by taking look at their log at their Abuja centre as the phone's imei was registered during service.

I doubt they would though, as no one has replied me despite my detailed, repeated complaints on their Facebook wall and Twitter handle. Think I'm lying? Jump on their Facebook wall and see the endless unreplied complaints. They will only answer you when you ask where to by a phone.

Wow sorry about that bro. But u shld still make the thread, that's what nairaland is for.
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Jay2bahme: 7:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
Amazing
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Jay2bahme: 8:58am On Jan 16, 2017
oluwaVaz:
Wetin carry me come this mumu thread...

You couldn't resist the thread cos the device is indeed powerful
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by TappGroupNG: 11:54am On Jan 16, 2017
Seconded, the tecno phantom 6 and 6+ are almost what i'll call a must-have. Their specs are pretty great
toluwanimi07:
i ll advice ... You to go for tecno phantom 6+ its got gota clean camera beautiful design great batter Nd it even has a more recent and flagship chipset unlike the gionee m6
Helio x20 vs helio p10 ...
Phantom 6+ is the boss here
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Jay2bahme: 9:23am On Jan 17, 2017
tonyx4x44:

Seriously lying
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by peeguy(m): 9:40am On Jan 17, 2017
TappGroupNG:
Seconded, the tecno phantom 6 and 6+ are almost what i'll call a must-have. Their specs are pretty great
hmmmmmmm
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Jay2bahme: 11:26am On Jan 17, 2017
tall2ce:
how is it different from m5plus

Too many differences
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Jay2bahme: 7:57am On Jan 18, 2017
Bigii:

U welcome pretty. Would luv to be a friend #TrueFriend O'

Hmmmm
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by aol807: 10:09am On Jan 18, 2017
Candycrusher:

How much is the phone
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Jay2bahme: 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
Omakraid:
Lovely but quite expensive

Don't think it's really expensive when compared to its specifications

2 Likes

Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by aol807: 4:21pm On Jan 23, 2017
Jay2bahme:

Don't think it's really expensive when compared to its specifications
check the unboxing on naira land u will agree it's not expensive
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Dandsome: 4:46pm On Jan 23, 2017
Nice phone but it reminds me of tecno w4
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by aol807: 9:39am On Jan 24, 2017
[quote author=Dandsome post=53063082]Nice phone but it reminds me of tecno w4[/quotei] it's far too bigger than that nw
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by amosunmd: 10:36am On Jan 24, 2017
[quote author=aol807 post=53081209][/quote] hmmn! U are right though
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Godemcee(m): 4:58pm On Jan 24, 2017
peeguy:
In the world of smartphones, one phone particularly stands out: the GIONEE M6. A peek into this article will tell you why. Stay hungry, because we are about to serve you the Gionee masterpiece.
I saw this late,how much Is the phone pls.thanx as you answer me
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Kiady16: 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
Godemcee:
I saw this late,how much Is the phone pls.thanx as you answer me
the price of the phone N120,000.
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
peeguy:
The Gionee M6 comes with a non-removable battery, hence, the ejector pin

please, what is the function of the ejector pin
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by Kiady16: 11:26am On Jan 26, 2017
chukwukahenry:

it is used to open the sim port

1 Like

Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by kelxon(m): 5:42pm On Jan 26, 2017
How Can I Turn Off Shake To Wipe Recent Apps On Gionee M6
Re: Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! by peeguy(m): 12:10pm On Jan 27, 2017
chukwukahenry:

them use am open sim port

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Bad Mouth Injoo Phones On Their Facebook Page ( Pictures) / Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 / The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.