Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass (7801 Views)

Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others / A Nairalander Built A Pricecheck.com.ng Killer / FG, BOI To Disburse N140bn To Petty Traders, Artisans Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by damlax: 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2017
Am pleased to tell you that we are releasing a startup today
Called http://workers.com.ng
This is a portal that will fix the gap between the masses and the artisans and vice versa

This website will make it easy for an individual to look for the nearest artisan to his/her side for urgent work or service

What you can do as an artisan

You can list your services on our platform in other to make other people see your services if you are in the nearest local government to those that need your service

What you can do as an individual

You can search for services closer to you for example your car broke down near shiun mowe road and you don't know any mechanic in that area we can solve that problem for you provided a mechanic in that area have enlisted on our platform .

Thank you and God bless you

Cc: seun , mynd44, hischoice,

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by blackprowler: 7:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
Great idea. I'm tired of the backwardness of our people inspite of graduates they churn out every year. People don't make practical use of the internet. My 3 years of trying to sell things on all the platforms have come to nought. I wish you the best though.

IN NIGERIA, THE PROBLEM IS NOT A LACK OF IDEAS, BUT A CONSERVATIVE PEOPLE NOT RESPONSIVE TO IT
Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by damlax: 8:48pm On Jan 11, 2017
blackprowler:
Great idea. I'm tired of the backwardness of our people inspite of graduates they churn out every year. People don't make practical use of the internet. My 3 years of trying to sell things on all the platforms have come to nought. I wish you the best though.

IN NIGERIA, THE PROBLEM IS NOT A LACK OF IDEAS, BUT A CONSERVATIVE PEOPLE NOT RESPONSIVE TO IT
thank you sir
Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by damlax: 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2017
cc: Emescot , refiner pls tag others dhtml1
Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by refiner(f): 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
undecided
Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by Emescot(m): 9:01pm On Jan 11, 2017
Mrwhaley, Obiorathebully, mumuupikin, soberdrunk come see better o
Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by soberdrunk(m): 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2017
Bravo!! Bravo!! Bravo!!! i hope we can use it to locate 'high quality", "low priced" runs girls and bars with the coldest beer grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by damlax: 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2017
lol
Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by damlax: 7:31am On Jan 12, 2017
Why are people not commenting
Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by damlax: 7:58am On Jan 12, 2017
tolusan , nedu2000 , akereconfi , iamle , salamispycee1 ,Abass07 , aragon4realz ,uc4uandc , Andyblaze , Burgerlomo , Davidflight , adebayo201 , Chysexy , wHyyyyyyyyyY , Oduok , myners007 , Reader1988 ,
Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by nedu2000(m): 11:26am On Jan 12, 2017
Impressive
Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by nedu2000(m): 11:33am On Jan 12, 2017
damlax:
This is a portal that will fix the gap between the masses and the artisans and vice versa

This website will make it easy for an individual to look for the nearest artisan to his/her side for urgent work or service

You can list your services on our platform in other to make other people see your services if you are in the nearest local government to those that need your service

You can search for services closer to you for example your car broke down near shiun mowe road and you don't know any mechanic in that area we can solve that problem for you provided a mechanic in that area have enlisted on our platform .

painters?
Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by Ademat7(m): 11:47am On Jan 12, 2017
How will u screen quack?
My advice:
*meet artisan associations and register them
*rank them base on excellence in job completion
*charge them like #100-#500 one time payment
*do presentation with projector(slides:picture and videos if possible) if they are convinced with ur presentation; cash will flow

1 Like

Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by Acidosis(m): 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
Big idea, little capability.

You need to conquer one Nigerian state, e.g. Lagos, before providing a "select country" option on your website. With a .com.ng, I wonder why you have that menu on your site.

When you try to do everything at the same time, it gets too clumsy, boring, uninteresting, and eventually, it will collapse.

Learn from the pro like dubizzle (as large as the site is, its operation is limited to Dubai). Learn from Uber.

Meanwhile, you need to provide a review menu. Clients and customers should be able to review their service providers. With such option in place, new clients can make their choices.

My problem with ideas like this is that the handlers often times get very little funding to carry out effective operations, marketing/and awareness building. I bet you don't have what it takes to meet and create awareness among Welder associations in one local government area in Lagos state. I bet you don't have the capacity to fund a minute TV ad on Channels.

Again, have you thought about your own revenue generation? Please don't make this a "charity business", it will crumble without a well thought out revenue source. Even NGOs and charity organisations need money to survive. No NGO survives without money.

2 Likes

Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by laivwire(m): 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2017
damlax:

This is a great idea but your business model is wrong. Review it or lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by registration(m): 2:03am On Jan 13, 2017
Let m
Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by rocoh(m): 2:11am On Jan 13, 2017
Good
Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 13, 2017
Acidosis:
Big idea, little capability.

You need to conquer one Nigerian state, e.g. Lagos, before providing a "select country" option on your website. With a .com.ng, I wonder why you have that menu on your site.

When you try to do everything at the same time, it gets too clumsy, boring, uninteresting, and eventually, it will collapse.

Learn from the pro like dubizzle (as large as the site is, its operation is limited to Dubai). Learn from Uber.

Meanwhile, you need to provide a review menu. Clients and customers should be able to review their service providers. With such option in place, new clients can make their choices.

My problem with ideas like this is that the handlers often times get very little funding to carry out effective operations, marketing/and awareness building. I bet you don't have what it takes to meet and create awareness among Welder associations in one local government area in Lagos state. I bet you don't have the capacity to fund a minute TV ad on Channels.

Again, have you thought about your own revenue generation? Please don't make this a "charity business", it will crumble without a well thought out revenue source. Even NGOs and charity organisations need money to survive. No NGO survives without money.

You gave some very useful food for thoughts that I can use on my sites.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by dboss444: 9:58am On Jan 13, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You gave some very useful food for thoughts that I can use on my sites.

Thanks.
Sharp
Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by Abass07(m): 7:39am On Jan 16, 2017
damlax:

Well done boss. This is a good one

1 Like

Re: A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
This should make FP.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Securities And Commodities Exchange (asce) / CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors / Trade Your Gift Card's For Instant Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.