Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

How Do I Stop Myself From Overthinking - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Stop Myself From Overthinking (522 Views)

Sweating On The Palms, How Do I Stop it? / Overthinking And How To Deal With It / Ways To Stop Overthinking Everything. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Stop Myself From Overthinking by BluntMadmoiselle(f): 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2017
I've recently noticed uncontrollable thoughts popping in my head and it's happening more and more. It seems that whenever I plan on interacting with someone or going somewhere, I'm coming up with different scenarios and running through the dialogue in my head. Half the time, I don't even think I realize that I'm doing it. But, I've caught myself doing it more and more.

This is something I think I've done my entire life. And it's pretty much the only thing I'm thinking of. It's not thoughts of what I should do or will be doing, or any negative thoughts of me etc. What I do in my mind pretty much 24/7 is making these fake scenarios in my head. It's either about past events where I edit the conversation to things I wanted to say or should have said it, or it's about scenarios that "may" happen where I imagine what I would say (I'm always so witty and cool in these made up scenarios).
I sometimes feel cut off from the world, just looking into it but not interacting with. My social life has been ruined by this as I do not feel comfortable doing the gisting gisting thing, all I wanna do is to be alone and travel to "Thinkland". It is very difficult to socialize with people because I'm never there.
I make scenarios in my head that might probably never gonna happen. I seldomly wander off into my thoughts, fantasizing about things happening paying less attention to the outside world.
I know this is a psychological issue but the question is "HOW CAN I GET MYSELF OFF THE HOOK OF IMAGINATIONS". IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS ALREADY.

Sissy3 , dominique, lalasticlala
Re: How Do I Stop Myself From Overthinking by econome(m): 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
...not only idle hand is the devil workshop but an idle mind is a devil machine

...........Basic Solution........
1**Firstly, you need to turn to God, pray to #BabaGod to set you free from all ungodly/bad thinkings

2**Be a regular reader and listener to the word of God

3**You must find yourself a work, you need to have job that will be taking your time, by the time you get off from work, you are tired( and that brain weh deh think anyhow is worn out). Then you will sleep deeply each night.

4**May the good Lord heal you!!
Re: How Do I Stop Myself From Overthinking by BluntMadmoiselle(f): 3:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
econome:
...not only idle hand is the devil workshop but an idle mind is a devil machine

...........Basic Solution........
1**Firstly, you need to turn to God, pray to him to set you free from all ungodly/bad thin kings

2**Be a good reader and listeners to the word of God

3**You must find yourself a work, you need to have job that will be taking your time, so by the time you get off from work, you are tired(that brain weh deh think anyhow would be tired as well). Then you will sleep deeply each night.

4**May the good Lord heal you!!

Amen. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

6 Truths About How To Lose Belly Fat / A Review Of Four Herbs & Fish Oil Will Lower High Blood Pressure Fast / Why Nigerians Should Stop Taking Mirinda, Lucozade – CPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.