Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank (33614 Views)

Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! / Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss / Meet Julian Osula Who Ordered For Helicopter After He Was Stuck In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by igraman(m): 5:33pm On Jan 11, 2017
Hello,
Pls come to my aid.
My Mum died in 2009 and she has money in Skye bank.
Before she began the sickness that eventually led to her death I remember vividly that she sent me to deposit #50000 for her.
Since her demise none of us talked about it until very recently when the four of us met during Christmas.
We are sure she has money there, but we don't know her account details except the account name which is certainly her full name.

I was told if an account is not used for six years, it will be blocked.
Please is there a way we can get her account number, and the balance of the account. also what are the requirements to collect the money.
Thanks.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by MOSTEC(m): 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
Sorry dear, but dat money is a gonner. The a/c is probably dormant now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by sleazy5(m): 5:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
You can visit the the customer care unit in the branch where the account was opened and get the account number. For you to get access to the money you need letters if administration. A lawyer van help you with that.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by STARGREEN(m): 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2017
sleazy5:
You can visit the the customer care unit in the branch where the account was opened and get the account number. For you to get access to the money you need letters if administration. A lawyer van help you with that.
That is almost all that is required to access the fund.

6 Likes

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by igraman(m): 6:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
sleazy5:
Thanks a lot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Amplitron: 6:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
Get a lawyer that deals in inheritance law.

12 Likes

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Gten(m): 7:57pm On Jan 11, 2017
Hi, first and foremost are you her next of kin? Or did she die intestate (without a will) If yes, please approach a lawyer to help you facilitate a letter of administration from court. Take the letter to the bank, you have all the legal backing to access her funds. Please ensure you retrieve the money your mum would want you to have it. Best of luck!
Even if you are the next of kin, banks would still demand a letter of administration, it is a tactical way of shifting liability from themselves in the event dispute arises.

47 Likes

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by hemartins(m): 7:57pm On Jan 11, 2017
igraman:
Hello,
Pls come to my aid.
My Mum died in 2009 and she has money in Skye bank.
Before she began the sickness that eventually led to her death I remember vividly that she sent me to deposit #50000 for her.
Since her demise none of us talked about it until very recently when the four of us met during Christmas.
We are sure she has money there, but we don't know her account details except the account name which is certainly her full name.

I was told if an account is not used for six years, it will be blocked.
Please is there a way we can get her account number, and the balance of the account. also what are the requirements to collect the money.
Thanks.

Sorry about your mum demise.
This is what you would do. Visit the bank with the following items /document.

Your mum means of identification
Her death certificate (original copy)
Your valid means of identification along with one of your brother/sister.

Visit the customer's care section and tender your case.

If there is a next of keen, the money would be paid directly to the next of keen.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2017
MOSTEC:

Big lie! all you need to do is prove that your mother is dead, as it is the account is already dormant. You now need a lawyer to do the legal details. If you are the next of kin, it makes the job easier, otherwise you need some other details which only a lawyer can do.
Talking about lawyers now, you only need a young lawyer to do this, it is not a too technical or detailed job. So with this you can negotiate a good price
In this case, you and your lawyer needs to be very careful as not to present to the bank you are totally naive of the amount in your mum's account- I cannot vouch for the level of ethics and professionalism of the bank.
You will also need to ensure you collect transaction statement of the account to confirm at least ni withdrawal after her death.
All withdrawal close to the time of death should be closely monitored and investigated with full details

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2017
CHAI!!!IT IS WELL
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by dyabman(m): 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2017
You want to do 'finish account' , shey grin

6 Likes

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by lielbree: 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2017
Op please redraft your heading!

I almost had a heart attack thinking skye bank has folded.

33 Likes

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by bettercreature(m): 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2017
MOSTEC:
It should be there even if she died 200 years ago you will get your money back.It can only be dormant

12 Likes

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2017
sleazy5:
By the time the lawyer should charge him his fees, wetin go remain

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by yomalex(m): 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2017
Wow
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by akimpelumi124: 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2017
Wettin kill am
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by KingLennon(m): 8:00pm On Jan 11, 2017
Consult the customer unit for further information how to withdraw the money. If it is not working, consult a lawyer to treat the case...
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by dfrost: 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2017
Get the relevant documents e.g. death certificate et al. You can still access the money.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2017
Get a friend or friend of friends working in Skype to help you get the account details if the money is huge and worth claiming then go ahead if not forget it as it's an arduous task

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by izzou(m): 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2017
grin

Misleading topic

I thought Skye bank had folded up. I for go withdraw my last 2k from that hopeless bank

7 Likes

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Cutie09(m): 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2017
You need lawyer to help you out but I think you'll need the death certificate of your mum as well. Good luck
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by dfrost: 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
lielbree:

cheesy grin you still dey keep mulla for Skye Bank? You are courageous. I salute.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Bankoleodewunmi: 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
Sorry about ur late mum.. U need to get a written consent signed my ur family members to show u hv the consent of ur family to deal with the qccount..proceed to the probate section of the judiciary, tender her death certificate, consent letter and an application for the issue of letter of administration to administer the estate of Late. Mrs... you will be required to pay some amount of money sha.. small small.. d process will take it close to a month .
After its granted take it to the bank with a letter applying to close the account and liquidate the funds.
God be with uu bro..

God bless.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by yinkslinks(m): 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
Hahahaha mmm comes to your head grin grin grin grin grin
lielbree:

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by orjikuramo(m): 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
U will get your money but if the customer care personal who attends to you know about your ignorance of the details n isn't honest, then he would pilfer some
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by iluvpomo(m): 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
I received many emails like this with the same story line ...
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 11, 2017
All you need is her death certificate and your birth certificate to show she's your mother.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Samabu07(m): 8:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
The bank would have to hand over to the next of kin. If they delay or try to dabble you swiftly report to the complaints of CBN.
Your bank would quickly rush to comply with you.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by b3llo(m): 8:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
I want to block the ATM of my late Dads account. I have the death certificate at hand, but I don't know the account number and I know the account name. Pls, how do I go about it.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by ilyasom(m): 8:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ordinary 50k. Go and hustle bro
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
Go and make enquiry at the bank as to how to get her details.

After you do, go to the Probate registry of the High court of the state and tell them you want to apply for letter of administration (if she didn't leave a will) or probate (if she left a will) of her estate. They will guide you from there.

My condolences.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) / I Will Teach You How To Make $50/day Online Forever. Enter Here / Successful Businessman Shares His Personal Secret To Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.