Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank (33617 Views)

Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! / Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss / Meet Julian Osula Who Ordered For Helicopter After He Was Stuck In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 12, 2017
MOSTEC:
Sorry dear, but dat money is a gonner. The a/c is probably dormant now

little kids everywhere, SMH

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by championer: 2:21am On Jan 12, 2017
hemartins:

Sorry about your mum demise.
This is what you would do. Visit the bank with the following items /document.

Your mum means of identification
Her death certificate (original copy)
Your valid means of identification along with one of your brother/sister.

Visit the customer's care section and tender your case.

If there is a next of keen, the money would be paid directly to the next of keen.

Shikena

1 Like

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Larrykaysail(m): 3:28am On Jan 12, 2017
igraman:
Hello,
Pls come to my aid.
My Mum died in 2009 and she has money in Skye bank.
Before she began the sickness that eventually led to her death I remember vividly that she sent me to deposit #50000 for her.
Since her demise none of us talked about it until very recently when the four of us met during Christmas.
We are sure she has money there, but we don't know her account details except the account name which is certainly her full name.

I was told if an account is not used for six years, it will be blocked.
Please is there a way we can get her account number, and the balance of the account. also what are the requirements to collect the money.
Thanks.
I can get you the balance, inbox me so i can guide u
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by ebunma: 4:21am On Jan 12, 2017
MOSTEC:
Sorry dear, but dat money is a gonner. The a/c is probably dormant now
why would you say what you don't know?

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by durtman: 6:16am On Jan 12, 2017
igraman:
Hello,
Pls come to my aid.
Before she began the sickness that eventually led to her death I remember vividly that she sent me to deposit #50000 for her.
Since her demise none of us talked about it until very recently when the four of us met during Christmas.
We are sure she has money there, but we don't know her account details except the account name which is certainly her full name.

Please is there a way we can get her account number, and the balance of the account. also what are the requirements to collect the money.
Thanks.

Hi
Why don't you go to sky bank yorself let them check for you he next of kin....from there they will tell you the necessary documents to bring in.... I tell you its not that difficult but you will get your money tcr
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Clemsworld(m): 6:24am On Jan 12, 2017
ilyasom:
Ordinary 50k. Go and hustle bro

Who call this One here?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Ignyte(m): 6:47am On Jan 12, 2017
Gaborone:
Go and make enquiry at the bank as to how to get her details.

After you do, go to the Probate registry of the High court of the state and tell them you want to apply for letter of administration (if she didn't leave a will) or probate (if she left a will) of her estate. They will guide you from there.

My condolences.

Today makes it exactly a week since I lost my mum. This information you just wrote will help us later. Thank you for posting it.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by redsun(m): 6:48am On Jan 12, 2017
Your mum should have some correspondence with the bank in the house,so her account details can easily be found in the house. And that is all the nest of kin needs to make a dash for it.

However,it involves a lengthy magomago court process that may not worth the trouble when you consider the money as just 50 thousand Nigerian tissue paper. Unless of course you can solicit the help a "human"right lawyer who will untangle the magomago for nothing.

Nigeria needs some kind of charitable citizens advice bureau that could help alleviate the chronic suffering and helplessness of the Very poor and vulnerable.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Shedrack100(m): 8:19am On Jan 12, 2017
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:51am On Jan 12, 2017
igraman:
Hello,
Pls come to my aid.

Thanks.
no challenge,get her check or deposit slip,visit customer care of the bank & they would give information as possible new account number,might only tell u amount when the court says so.u need death certificate,letter of administration & government takes 10% of such funds(part of what u need 4 admin letter
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Bankoleodewunmi: 9:15am On Jan 12, 2017
God bless bro..
k9ine:

Very correct.
Well to add to it, the court will after you have filed the above stated docs issue an order to the bank asking for details of the account, statement of the account. Based on this, Withholding tax will be caculated and you would need to pay the WHT upfront to the court. Then you would be given a final order to go and claim the funds from the bank.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Bankoleodewunmi: 9:16am On Jan 12, 2017
Very stupid and dumb little kids at that.. dey joke with every serz tin..even their lives.
BiggyB242:

little kids everywhere, SMH

1 Like

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Roy11: 9:19am On Jan 12, 2017
hemartins:

Sorry about your mum demise.
This is what you would do. Visit the bank with the following items /document.

Your mum means of identification
Her death certificate (original copy)
Your valid means of identification along with one of your brother/sister.

Visit the customer's care section and tender your case.

If there is a next of keen, the money would be paid directly to the next of keen.

a next of kin wont get the money, dont give information u are not sure of. don mislead pple. a next of kin is just someone the bank contact in a situation whereby the customer cant be reached. The bank doesnt owe any obligation to pay the next of kin as it is not the right of the next of kin to claim the money. Get a letter of administrationfrom ur lawyer.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Goodluckwinner(m): 9:57am On Jan 12, 2017
Consult a legal practitioner to help you or if you are in Port Harcourt you may reach me on this number 08065033348.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 12, 2017
So sorry about your loss Ignyte.
Alright, that's fine.
Take care.
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Blogwatch: 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2017
So sorry for your loss...

Visit their Customer Experience Department in Victoria Island. I have had an issue resolved through them, after I left a branch... Ask to speak to the Head of Department.

Customer Experience Management
Skye Bank Plc., (Head office Extension)
3, Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island,
Lagos. or call 01-2700127

Good luck!
Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Amplitron: 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
@ Nbote, I'm glad you noticed the "inheritance law". I was just trying to use terms that the OP can easily relate with.
Just to add, he should speak with a lawyer ooo. Sometimes you don't know how long things should take and when to be worried. A lawyer experienced on such matters will be your light in the dark tunnel. People have been frustrated from getting their own monies because of BVN issues and name misspells. How much more a person who is merely inheriting it and without all the account details?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by Nbote(m): 7:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
Amplitron:
@ Nbote, I'm glad you noticed the "inheritance law". I was just trying to use terms that the OP can easily relate with.
Just to add, he should speak with a lawyer ooo. Sometimes you don't know how long things should take and when to be worried. A lawyer experienced on such matters will be your light in the dark tunnel. People have been frustrated from getting their own monies because of BVN issues and name misspells. How much more a person who is merely inheriting it and without all the account details?
Ok.. Yea lawyers would help hasten the process else d court officials would end up extorting dem in d name of helping process it for dem. A friend had similar issues jus recently after dey lost their dad.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank by DaMegadon(m): 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
A lot of people are reactivating their dormant accounts in Union Bank, all you need is an identity card, a utility bill of not more than 3 months and a visit to a state of the art branch of Union Bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN formalises dollar sales to BDCs as naira improves / How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? / Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.