Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,600 members, 7,801,733 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/01/17 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/01/17 (733 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional September 13, 2017 – Giving Determines Promotion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional September 12, 2017 – Little Requests Limit God / Open Heavens Daily Devotional Messages September 7, 2017 – A Motivated Mindset (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/01/17 by dallyemmy: 5:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 12TH JANUARY 2017.

THEME: HIDDEN SOURCE OF BLESSING

Memorise:

Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha. Psalm 40:15

Read: Psalm 40:14-17

40:14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.

40:15 Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.

40:16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

40:17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

When you are connected to the All-Sufficient God, you will not lack any good thing. Why? Bible scholars call Him Jehovah El Shaddai. In other words, He is the "Breasted One". A baby sucks from the mother's breasts. Every time the child calls for milk, it is always there. All your needs can be fully satisfied in Christ. Sometime ago at our church in Ebute Metta (Lagos), I taught that when the Almighty God made this declaration:
"If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." John 14:14

What He is actually saying in the original text, according to Bible scholars, is that if you ask anything from Him that He does not have, He will create if for you. How marvellous! I once told somebody of this and he in turn shared it with his friend. His friend said to him, "if your God is so powerful, why not ask Him to create for you a cow with four heads." But the man replied, "I don't need a cow with four heads. I would rather ask God to give me four cows. If you need the heads, you can have them while I keep the rest." This season, the All-Sufficient One will be more than sufficient for you! He will meet all your needs and satisfy you right on time!

From the story of the widow in 1 Kings 17:8-16, besides the lesson of help coming just in time, and that of help being delivered every day, another lesson the Holy Spirit will have us pay close attention to is the lesson of the source of help being hidden from outsiders. This is absolutely wonderful! When some evil-minded individuals know that you are doing well and blossoming, they will try all they can to discover the secret of your progress so that they can destroy it. Their purpose may be to erase any leverage or advantage you may have over them. Some people have become victims of such evil minds. But when God hides the source of your blessing, your enemies will try in vain to stop you. This was the experience of the widow. Because there was famine in the land, everyone, including this woman, was starving and loosing weight. Then God intervened by sending His servant to her and he hid in her house. Suddenly, people saw that she was shinning and gaining weight. Her son was looking radiant and everything dramatically improved for them, but nobody could tell how. That will be your portion this season! The Lord will turn your situation for good and hide the source of your change away from every enemy.

Prayer Point:

Father, shut the eyes of everyone that would contend with my blessing, so that they will not see it, in Jesus' Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Matthew 24-25
Isaiah 9:13-10:4

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE.

HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWER OF BLESSING

1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

[Chorus]
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy drops ‘round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing--
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.

[Chorus]

3. There shall be showers of blessing:
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing;
Come, and now honor Thy Word.

[Chorus]

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we're confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!

[Chorus]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/01/17 by dallyemmy: 8:57am On Jan 12, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens, ( Thursday, January 12th, 2017) - HIDDEN SOURCE OF BLESSING

1.Thank you Father, for your thoughts toward me, which are thoughts of good and not of evil, to bring me to an expected end.

2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, have mercy and forgive me

3.Father, arise, and let all my enemies be confounded and put to shame, in Jesus' name.

4.Father, give unto me the treasures of darkness and the hidden riches, of secret places, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, you are the All-Sufficient God, the El-Shaddai, the Jehovah Jireh, please, do not let me lack any good thing this year, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, please, supply all my needs, according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

7.Jesus, you said, whatever, l ask in your name, it shall be done unto me; l ask that you grant all my heart's desires and petitions, this year, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, perform your creative miracles, in my life this year, and, make a way for me, where there seems to be none, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, make my life like that of a tree, planted, by the river, let me flourish in season and out of season, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, no matter the situation of the economy of this country, when people see me, let them see your care, affluence, prosperity and glory, upon my life, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, shut the eyes of everyone that would contend with my blessing, so that they will not see it, in Jesus' Name.

12.Your Personal Petitions. (Phil 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.(John 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers. (1 Thes 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

(1) (Reply)

Least Corrupt Country: See African Countries With Minimum Level Of Corruption / De Latinos: A False And Malicious Story By Eastwind, Online Newspaper / Sit At Home Update At Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.