Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Other Ways To Secure A Portal PHP - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Other Ways To Secure A Portal PHP (1132 Views)

Using a portal remote control: only advantages! / Webmasters And Nairalanders! I Need Your Help In Other To Secure A Job Urgently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Other Ways To Secure A Portal PHP by uvalued(m): 6:13pm On Jan 11, 2017
greetings to you all.

we have been designing a departmental portal for a small school using php mysql

now on the issue of security.. we were able to do the following
1. made sure we used pdo
2. used preg_replace to replace any text/number from textbox

but with the rapid increase in security threat, i felt i need to inquire from gurus to suggest how to protect the database and the portal.

hopefully i want to learn backtrack to subject the portal to test for holes etc. untill then please kindly suggest other means of securing the portal.

thank you
Re: Other Ways To Secure A Portal PHP by talk2hb1(m): 8:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
XSS, SQL INJECTION, XSRF, DDOD, etc
Re: Other Ways To Secure A Portal PHP by uvalued(m): 11:36pm On Jan 11, 2017
talk2hb1:
XSS, SQL INJECTION, XSRF, DDOD, etc
thanks with preg_replace xss and sql injection will be handled quite successfully dont you think so...
Re: Other Ways To Secure A Portal PHP by talk2hb1(m): 11:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
uvalued:

thanks with preg_replace xss and sql injection will be handled quite successfully dont you think so...
It depends
Re: Other Ways To Secure A Portal PHP by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 12, 2017
uvalued:

That's an hack. Preg replacing this things would harm you.. How many different use cases for preventing xss and sql injection is your fancy regex going to take into consideration?

Sql injection ? Use prepared statements.
Xss ? Use the html_entities function

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/XSS_%28Cross_Site_Scripting%29_Prevention_Cheat_Sheet

(1) (Reply)

The Federal Polytechnic Bida Campus App (android App) / How Can I Center The Main-container In This HTML Layout ? / Help Ugently Needed For My Msqli Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.