Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today (6459 Views)

I Will Setup Your Yoast And Search Console To Unlock Your Website Traffic Today! / Get 10k Traffic Today, Proven Method / 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by Yoshy: 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
OBALORLA:

some things are wrong bro:
1. I don't think you have a niche yet
2. I checked one of ur posts and all I saw were quotes... that's not good enough.
3. I checked another post and met nothing on it.
thanks alot.
Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by Moneyyy: 2:28pm On Jan 15, 2017
Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by Copycracker(m): 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
I'll write about this sometime during this week and post it on Nairaland and then I'll let you know.

Fizzymidasquil:
Yeah, Jamie Lannister and the Targaryen.
Thanks for these tips!
Hope to put them into practice.

Any ideas on how to have a wellspring of blog post topics?

Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
Very nice nd engaging content @OP. What i have found out - just follow the SEO basics nd build up the advanced concepts with experience. Also, most often than not Blog traffic builds up in trickles. Patience - the virtue that crowns a future blogging success, the same makes a faint-hearted cringe and happily bid the world of blogging a sweet bye.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by omoashy: 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2017
I really appreciate this piece and I must confess that nairaland has improved my life and blog. My problem is with adsense. I have been refused because of invalid activity. I still cant comprehend that because I have not been involved in any funny activity. What do you advise?

Copycracker:
It's almost become cliche.

If you've spent enough time around the blogosphere, you have probably heard this countless times.

Content is King.

But that's only a part of the equation.

Because just having great content on your blog won't automatically transform you to the next Linda Ikeji.

Okay, maybe she's not a prime example, seeing as she mainly posts about celebrities and other weird stuff. But you get my point.

Just having great content is not going to suddenly make you viral.

So the new line should be "Content is king, and Traffic is his Army General."

The not-so-new formula is this: Great Content + Traffic = Blogging Success

Feel free to ask Linda Ikeji if you think this formula is rubbish.

Now, for the sake of newbie bloggers reading, let's quickly define "Traffic"

Traffic (when it comes to blogging) is simply the amount of people who visit your site and read your blog posts. If you're interested in being a successful blogger (emphasis on successful), you're going to need to drive traffic to your blog.

There's no way around this.

Because what good is all the great content in the world if nobody knows it exists?

That's like someone who offers a service but doesn't tell potential customers about his service. That will leave you poorer than when you started, without a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.

Okay. Enough.

So you see, traffic is really really important. I cannot overemphasize this.

Now, let's talk about ridiculously simple tips to increase your blog traffic today...

1. Create Great Content

This is an absolute no-brainer. Content may be King but Traffic is the General. And no great General will stay in the service of a terrible King for long, before chopping off his head.

I think you can probably find examples of this in the movie "Troy" or any of the seasons of "Game of Thrones"

So yes, we are talking about traffic but you absolutely have to need to have great content on your blog.

A few tips on creating Great Content (I'll create a blog post on this sometime soon and let y'all know about it):

- Start with the headline

8 out of 10 people always read the headline and then as you go further down the post, the numbers reduce. So make sure you spend a lot more time working on your headline than you spend writing the post.

Yes, do this.

When creating your headlines, ensure they tap into a burning need that your reader has. That way, they stop whatever they're doing and read your blog post.

- Craft an engaging, conversational article

Remember when you were studying for Chemistry for WAEC, and anytime you try to read Ababio, you'd fall off to sleep?

Yeah, that was because Ababio was written in a plain, boring, unengaging manner. Almost like he didn't give a f##k about you. Because obviously you needed that knowledge to pass Chemistry, and he had already gotten paid for the book in your hands so basically you had no choice. You just had to suffer through his book.

It's not the same with a blog.

Your readers have the power to choose. If you bore them, they will not continue reading.

So write in an engaging manner. Write like you were talking to one person. Like that person was in front of you and you were having a conversation with them.

Absolutely do not bore your readers.

Okay, enough. Let's move on to the rest.

2. Promote your Content.

Once you have great content, this is the next logical step. Logical, because unless you think your content is shit, you will do this naturally.

I mean, why go through all the stress of creating great content, only to then let it lie fallow and wait till Thy Kingdom Come before the world knows about it.

At the very least, you should have shared your content on Facebook. Then you could always add Twitter to that.

So far, in my experience, Facebook and Twitter are beautiful, amazing places for sharing blog content. Now let's dive into the nitty gritty of this.

Facebook
- When you share your blog post on Facebook, ensure you write something engaging in the post. Like an intro, of sorts.

A lot of posts on Facebook don't get read because Feel free to take a part of your post that connects emotionally with your target audience and use that. Just make sure your intro isn't too long. All you want to do is tell them a bit about what your blog post is about.

- Also, make sure you're a member of Facebook groups within the niche you blog and comment there regularly. Be active in those groups.

Follow Gary Vaynerchuk's "Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook" formula- Give value, give value, give value, before you try to promote your blog post there. Obviously, I don't mean do all of this in one day. You need to have been providing value there for a while before you promote your blog post. That way, you're perceived as an authority, not just one of those annoying people trying to get us to join MMM.

Twitter

- Look for hashtags related to the topic of your blog posts. Find those that are trending, join in the conversation by once again giving a lot of value, before you then promote your blog post.

Email

- If you have an email list, you can easily shoot your subscribers a short and sweet email that gives them an idea of what your blog post is about, and if you don't have an email list, build one.

- Another really cool way to use email is as part of The SkyScraper Technique created by Brian Dean of Backlinko.com. You can find out more about that by following this link: http://backlinko.com/skyscraper-technique

3. Guest Blogging

This one is no secret.

Bamidele Onibalusi of Writers in Charge practically owes a huge part of his success to guest blogging.

So guest blog, and don't just guest blog for any Tom, Dick or Ekaette, but do it for popular blogs within your niche and do it for free. Only ask that you may put your name, a brief description of what you do and your site in your author's bio section.

This way you benefit from the huge traffic already pouring into the popular site. We'll talk more on how to guest blog sometime later.

4. Keyword Research

Ah yes, keywords.. Finally!

Imagine you want to learn how to do something so you go to Google, and type for example, "How to make eba", you're going to get a list of pages that have content surrounding the theme of "eba making". Some might be exactly what you're looking for, others might just talk about the different types of eba.

You will notice though, that the pages at the top of the first page of that Google Search result page will either be an exact match for what you typed in or will be the closest match to what you typed in.

What you typed into that Google Search bar = The keyword (s)

So basically, keywords are what people are looking for. If your post directly addresses what they are looking for, your post will stand a higher chance of being displayed on that first page of a Google search, moreso if your post title and content is the closest to an exact match to their keyword.

So let's remix what I earlier said a bit.

Content is King, Traffic is his Army General and Keyword Research is his most trusted Adviser.

You can use tools such as Google's Autosuggest and Google's Keyword Planner to come up with keywords for blog topics. Actually, if you're serious about driving traffic to your blog, this is a definite must.

I mean, what better way is there to drive traffic to your blog than to post about topics people are already looking for?

5. SEO

For newbies, SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is a fancy way of saying you basically make it easier for search engines to both find and rank your content.

So you've done your keyword research, and created great content, but you still can't see it on search engine result pages.

You might need to tweak it a little bit, like so:

- Make sure the keywords appear closer to the beginning of your title and keep the character count in the title at about 60- 70. Any more, and you stand the risk of having Google chop the rest of your title and replace it with "..."

- Have only one H1 heading in your content. There should be one main heading for each article which should contain your keyword.

- Use long-tail versions of your keyword in your subheadings

- Avoid filling your article completely with your keywords. This will grant you no love from Google or worse, your site might just end up in the Internet's kirikiri or Yaba Left if Google is feeling magnanimous.

- Images in your content should contain alt text and your alt text should have your keyword. That way, they also rank in Google's Image search and the search engine doesn't have to keep wondering what your image is.

For now, these will suffice.

There you have it. 5 ridiculously simple tips to increase your blog traffic. Do all these and you should see a jump in traffic and probably even start to get your own share of haters.

When they come, remix Chamillionaire's "Ridin" song and sing to them like so:

' They see me blogging, They hating
They trolling, trying to stop me getting traffic, trying to stop me getting traffic (3x)

My blog is so dope on Google Ranking
My Content is great and my SEO is amazing
My SEO is amazing (3x)'

You get the idea. Any comments, questions, and even trolls are welcome in the comment box.

My name is Tomi Joshua, and when I'm not getting my fix from online marketing at www.fayarspark.com, I'm remixing song lyrics and blogging at 500nairawriter..com

1 Like

Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by Copycracker(m): 7:43am On Jan 17, 2017
I have reviewed your site. Check my topic list. The other reviews are coming soon.

babatee126:

Help me review this site as well http://www.9jaboizgist.com.ng
Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by Favourkings: 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
Are You A blogger and you are seeking To buy A Fully approved Non hosted NIGERIAN ADSENSE ACCOUNT, visit http://adsense.incomenigeria.com
Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by Temolad: 9:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
Nice one.

Kindly review this blog http:///M8

cc: copycracker
Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by Copycracker(m): 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
The review is live now.

napoleon77:
Nice writeup on increasing traffic!!

Please help me review my site http://macksonwakama.com

Many thanks

1 Like

Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by napoleon77(m): 10:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
Copycracker:
The review is live now.

That was an excellent review! Thanks a trillion and one!

1 Like

Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by Temolad: 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
Temolad:
Nice one.
Kindly review this blog http:///M8
cc: copycracker
Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by Copycracker(m): 8:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
Your review is live!

0lumuyiwa:
Nice thread, please check my blog and give your professional tips.

Olumuyiwaolayinka.

Thanks bro
Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by ashwinceejo: 8:26am On Feb 28, 2017
It is nearly grow to be cliche.

If you've spent enough time across the blogosphere, you have probable heard this endless times.

Content material is king.

However it really is simplest part of the equation. http://dlktech.co.in/

Due to the fact simply having top notch content material in your weblog won't routinely remodel you to the subsequent linda ikeji.

Okay, maybe she's no longer a top instance, seeing as she specifically posts about celebrities and different weird stuff. But you get my factor.

Just having terrific content is not going to unexpectedly make you viral.

So the new line need to be "content is king, and site visitors is his navy preferred."

The no longer-so-new components is this: first-rate content + site visitors = blogging achievement

Experience unfastened to invite linda ikeji in case you suppose this system is garbage.h

Now, for the sake of novice bloggers studying, let's speedy outline "visitors"

Site visitors (in relation to blogging) is clearly the amount of individuals who go to your website and examine your blog posts. If you're interested by being a a hit blogger (emphasis on a success), you will need to pressure site visitors for your weblog http://realtimeproject.in/
Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by Copycracker(m): 12:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
Hmm, so you just re-spun my content with content spinner software... Good luck with that tongue

ashwinceejo:
It is nearly grow to be cliche.

If you've spent enough time across the blogosphere, you have probable heard this endless times.

Content material is king.

However it really is simplest part of the equation. http://dlktech.co.in/

Due to the fact simply having top notch content material in your weblog won't routinely remodel you to the subsequent linda ikeji.

Okay, maybe she's no longer a top instance, seeing as she specifically posts about celebrities and different weird stuff. But you get my factor.

Just having terrific content is not going to unexpectedly make you viral.

So the new line need to be "content is king, and site visitors is his navy preferred."

The no longer-so-new components is this: first-rate content + site visitors = blogging achievement

Experience unfastened to invite linda ikeji in case you suppose this system is garbage.h

Now, for the sake of novice bloggers studying, let's speedy outline "visitors"

Site visitors (in relation to blogging) is clearly the amount of individuals who go to your website and examine your blog posts. If you're interested by being a a hit blogger (emphasis on a success), you will need to pressure site visitors for your weblog http://realtimeproject.in/
Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by Copycracker(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2017
Just wanted to mention that I've just written an updated version of this which you can see here- http://500nairawriter.com/10-steps-to-increase-traffic-to-your-blog-quickly/
Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by pauljumbo: 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
Nice write up

I like the op analogy of army General and king
Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by kamii0341: 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2017
Usefull information but you need to update it according to 2017 policies so that new visitors can read it and also will be helpfull. The updated information is available at [https://solutionfall.com/most-important-on-page-seo-ranking-factors/][/12 most important on page seo factors] anyone need any help regarding seo and adsense related issues visit my site any time. wink
Re: 5 Ridiculously Simple Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic Today by WorkTheTalk(m): 7:20pm On Sep 28, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get MTN Free Browsing SIM Configuration For Free / Creating A Simple Calculator With Raw Javascript / BLOGGERS: Google Punishes Sites With Pop-up Adverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.