Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks (40942 Views)

Sabon Gari Market In Kano, Before And After Lockdown / I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) / Meet Mammy Ochefu The Woman Who Started Mammy Market In Soldiers Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by EWAagoyin(m): 6:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
f
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by ibodom: 6:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
this reminds me days in the barracks.
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by zabadii(m): 7:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
very very inspiring. Nigerian youths must see this. No excuse.
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by ayanfe15(m): 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
[img][/img]

Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
toshmann:
Unfortunately people are not flooding this page. This is the best stuff I've read in Nairaland in recent times.
Its about time we started learning about ourselves and our history.

Nice piece. Kudos @ poster cheesy
I concur.....same here. I even save the page. Even in the presence of army men that could punish her for that, it still thrive. This woman is my hero

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by papiwyte(m): 7:02pm On Jan 12, 2017
God bless Nigeria Army
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by nonjebose(m): 7:02pm On Jan 12, 2017
One of the best threads for a long time. Op, well done.
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 12, 2017
Great woman.
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by Lionofdjungle: 7:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
Educative, this is an example of what should be posted on the front page instead of the nude pictures of some yeyebrities. grin
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by luvinhubby(m): 7:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
DivneFavour:
What an interesting and inspiring story. Joblessness is not lack of Job but lack of profitable ideas.

So true.
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by onuwaje(m): 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2017
Nice piece of forgotten History
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by Emmynet50(m): 7:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
Nice information, women of today won't learn from her.
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by liricyst(m): 7:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
Very interesting read and educative in it's own right. Only thing that would have made it better was if a source was cited.

Not only for determining the authenticity but also to read extensively on the matter.
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by obinoral1179(m): 7:13pm On Jan 12, 2017
Sam Ethnan Air Force Base Ikeja Mammy Market will be part of my history for life....... The proceed from grinding those wet guinea corn which is called dawa in hausa language help a lot though the former CAS remodeled the place and its much more expensive to the average Nigeria.... God bless Mrs Mammy if this story is genuine.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by pocohantas(f): 7:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
Very nice thread. There is beauty in being industrious...
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by Opakan2: 7:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
Mammy dey sweet o..
na there soldiers dey knack their female colleagues and corpers. Soji male corpers sef dey bang female soldiers there
Those married oloshos sef nor dey carty last.. na there 4 - 5 boys go dey rough one, doggy lorishirishi cheesy
oloriburuku pipu

That Mammy woman too much abeg.. tiri gbosas for her
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by Ugoochukwu(m): 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2017
Inspiring.

Make I do go start 'Pappy' market.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 12, 2017
Wow shocked
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by Pascal181: 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
Benue people setting pace since 18th century.
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by Chukabiz(m): 7:44pm On Jan 12, 2017
During my stay in 103 infantry battalion Army Barracks Awk. Enugu, the Mammy market there was just like a Brothel. When any guy said he was going to Mammy, it was as if he said he was visiting an ashawo.
I don't know for now but then, that mammy was another name for Brothel
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by fakati(m): 7:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
interesting
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by idu1(m): 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
CXLVII:
I remember when we use to gyrate in this woman's stall in 1940

Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by Vokians(m): 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
Now I know...
I use to think the name was coined from mammy water, because these military men are found of calling any female in the barracks "mammy water".
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by shumuel(m): 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
Is that so, you don't mean it,, wait! Wait!! Who names their daughters Mammy is Nigeria ? grin Op i smell ... Is oga Lai viewing this thread ?
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by yom2(m): 8:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
Aliyu333:
And what of nysc camp? She still transfer her industrious umu business there too?. Anyways to name checkers, she is a northerner.
she is not, d south was robbed of those states
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by littlemistress: 8:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
CXLVII:
I remember when we use to gyrate in this woman's stall in 1940

you must be an ancestor shocked
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by ajoshuay(m): 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
Army supoz 2 honor ha.
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
that side of burukutu cheesy very kiss
Re: The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks by idupaul: 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2017
Maza Maza in Lagos is also named So because this same woman and her Husband had a construction company there called Maza Maza in those days and it stuck till date

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Nylon Bags Wholesale In Lagos? / Ghanaians On The Streets Of Port Harcourt Dancing And Selling Adonko Bitters / SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.