Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria (394 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria by tociano009(m): 9:10am On Jan 12, 2017
How to change the world
11-Jan-17
Poverty and prosperity
What is poverty?”Poverty is condition of having insufficient resources or income”. In its most extreme form, poverty is the lack of basic human needs (nutritious food, clothing, housing, clean water, and health services). Poverty can cause terrible suffering and possibly even death. According to word bank “poor people are the people that live below $1.90 per day“, more population of poor people can be found in Africa and part of Asia maybe because of there large population but people living in this area, majority of them are highly leaving in poverty.
According to the question above,” imagine that you have been put in charge of allocating a considerable amount of resources to address extreme poverty in one region of the world. Describe the three most important question you would want to ask to determine how to use these materials most effectively”. Poverty in Nigeria has been a problem for more than 50% of the population in the past 10 years, with surges over 60%. In 1980 however a little less than 30% of Nigerians were living below the poverty line.
The first thing I will like to tackle is Hunger, In the whole word the most important area to solve in poverty is hunger, I will first of all know how to make Food distribution reach everyone accordingly because “ hungry man is an angry lion” .I have to know the number of each household and later call each of there Leader to provide more information about there livings condition and how the food can reach them.
The second thing I will like to address is to develop the agriculture condition in the area, because with agriculture they can be able to sustain and leave happily and in this area we will need more of Government intervention because In many ways this implies more government intervention, at least to invest in basic infrastructure such as roads and cheap public transportation so that people are given the opportunity to go to town and sell their crops. And make money to take care of Families .
The third most important thing after the two above is to try a community banking ,something like micro-finance bank These banks were expected to provide micro-finance services but also basic banking services such as deposits and savings, all while encouraging investment and they would focus on opportunities to create more jobs in agriculture, help women create businesses, and provide services more adapted to the needs of the poor (in terms of loan sizes, repayment mechanisms etc).
And I believe with these three things the poverty level will reduce.
Re: Nigeria by Raydos: 9:26am On Jan 12, 2017
Long story kills mehn! angry
Re: Nigeria by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 14, 2017
What are saying?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Problem Did Not Start Yesterday / - / Ambode's Wife Charges Women Groups To Speak Up Against Female Genital Mutilation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.