Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: (2037 Views)

Donald Trump: What Does The Mass Support For Him Suggests About The USA? / Dubai Police Bust Nigerian Gang Involved In Armed Robbery / US Supports Election Fraud In Congo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by mekusxxx: 7:06pm On Nov 24, 2009
Four Nigerians in $11.5 million fraud in US

Tuesday, 24 November 2009 00:00 Nigerian Compass

FOUR Nigerians in New Jersey , the United States have been charged with filing thousands of fake federal income tax returns that claimed bogus refunds totalling nearly $11.5 million.

The accused were identified as Adebowale Sheba , 38, of Franklin Township , Adeyemisi Toyusini, 50, of Old Bridge , Taiwo Daisi, 39, of Roselle , and Adedeni Adenni, 50, of Lumberton .

All of the defendants were born in Nigeria .

Daisi is a citizen; Adenni is a legal resident; and Sheba and Toyusini are in the US illegally, authorities said.

Using stolen Social Security numbers and 41 various addresses, the men allegedly submitted the forged individual tax forms to the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) between 2005 and 2009.

The IRS issued about $3.2 million in illicit refunds to the men, authorities said.

The defendants were arrested last week by US Postal Inspectors and Internal Revenue Service agents in Essex, Union and Burlington counties. They were charged in federal court in Newark with conspiring to defraud the United States by filing fake tax returns.

If convicted, they face up to 10 years in prison, said Lee Vartan, an assistant US attorney.

Magistrate Judge Patty Shwartz ordered them detained without bail.

Authorities began investigating the men in 2007 after an informant told law enforcement officials that his Newark landlord, Sheba , was receiving mail for people who did not live in the apartment building, according to a criminal complaint filed in Newark .

Some of that mail was from the IRS, authorities said.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/11/four_nj_men_accused_of_filing.html
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by Parohfrey(f): 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2009
so?
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by cheaphost: 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2009
-
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by nawao4: 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2009
na wa o
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by inme: 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2009
seee barrrrrrrrr

na this one be barrrr no b the 96,0000 wey efcc they sweat for,lol

9ja

We get mouth
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by mekusxxx: 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2009
cheaphost:

Are yorubas now more money conscious than Igbos that they're now the ones commiting all sorts of crime.

Ask yourself who it was that viewed Igbos as the most money conscious. It was the Lagos-Yoruba press, in order to cover themselves and lay the blame on others. Now that neutral people (Oyibo press) are involved, we know who is who. Not so?
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by yeswecan(m): 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2009
Source pls
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by kizi: 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2009
yeswecan:

Source pls

@ yeswecan

Did you read the article ?
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by WilyWily: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2009
Until Yorubas are Genetically Modified as i said earlier, Fraud in them will never Stop.
Look at how Yorubas are bringing Shame to Nigeria.
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by Afam4eva(m): 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2009
WilyWily:

Until Yorubas are Genetically Modified as i said earlier, Fraud in them will never Stop.
Look at how Yorubas are bringing Shame to Nigeria.

It's really getting out of hand.
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by WilyWily: 8:40pm On Nov 24, 2009
afam4eva:

It's really getting out of hand.
Yoruba and Fraud, it's heartbreaking. How can a Tribe be like this?. After they have finished emtying Nigeria Coffers, they now gone Global, Wonderful.
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by metalgong5(m): 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2009
Undoubtedly, the Yoruba peoples DNA has a special protein that codes for excessive fraud. . . . a pathetic disease that could only be terminated through genetic re-engineering of all Yorubas.
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by donjon: 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2009
@topic,
Foolish con artists!
@ angry tribalists,
any body is capable of fraud given the right circumstances & motive!
Please forget about tribe.
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by pureminded: 9:41pm On Nov 24, 2009
This Tribe palava again embarassed shey it's only Yoruba's that are in2 frauds? U this people self cheesy Which fraud we sabbi ? The kingpin's gan gan are undecided Pls do your research well cheesy
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by blackspade(m): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2009
Why do certain nairalanders have to act like 12 year olds? It's fucking ridiculous. Do some of you have nothing better to do than obsess over tribes?

Moderators really need to clamp down on this garbage. It seems every thread descends into a tribal war.
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by mekusxxx: 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2009
All,

Nobody talked about tribe here until Cheaphost came with his comparison. So blame him/her for the hell that has been let loose now.
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2009
@poster
are u saying that yoruba are the most corrupt or what cuz last time, i checked,igbos are obsessed with kidnapping,armed robbery and piracy, ,i just a premise from your story.,thanks.,waitin,
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by mekusxxx: 10:42pm On Nov 24, 2009
Blue tooth,

Kidnapping = Igbo 35%, Niger Delta 35% Yoruba 30% (gbomogbomo)
Fraud national and international = Yoruba 90%
Armed robbery = Igbo 40%, Yoruba 60%
Ritual= Yoruba 70%, Igbo 30%

What more do you want?
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by Yorubaman2: 10:48pm On Nov 24, 2009
We learnt it from our fellow igbo brothers the Likes of Fred aduja - The Pioneer of 419 - to eradicate the yoruba tribe is insulting our Igbo Brothers
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by donjon: 11:05pm On Nov 24, 2009
Abeg, where did you get those statistics from?
Abi na you conduct the research?
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by Otobroto(f): 11:09pm On Nov 24, 2009
mekusxxx:

Blue tooth,

Kidnapping = Igbo 35%, Niger Delta 35% Yoruba 30% (gbomogbomo)
Fraud national and international = Yoruba 90%
Armed robbery = Igbo 40%, Yoruba 60%
Ritual= Yoruba 70%, Igbo 30%

What more do you want?

You are here again with your ridiculous statistics. Okay no problem, but let us have the source please!.
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2009
Since u want this thread to flourish,.I'm in,
What is otokoto,okija shrine,ezego,clifford orji, I dont know but i need u to explain to me, & i also learnt that most anambra rich men got their money through blood
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by mekusxxx: 12:01am On Nov 25, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Since u want this thread to flourish,.I'm in,
What is otokoto,okija shrine,ezego,clifford orji, I dont know but i need u to explain to me, & i also learnt that most anambra rich men got their money through blood

Where do most Yoruba rich men get their money from? Is it not through human flesh?
What is gbomogbomo?
In which forest did the Ogun governor go to swear his cabinet in? Did you not see the naked photos?
Did you not hear of the Osun cannibal?
Who is Shina Rambo
Who is Oyenusi?
Who and what is TB Joshua?
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by WilyWily: 12:03am On Nov 25, 2009
omo jesu,
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by bilymuse: 12:09am On Nov 25, 2009
yoruba - fraud , ritual
Igbo - armed robbery , drug (supplier), ritual
Hausa - ritual, drug (consumer)

other minority tribe?
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by Yorubaman2: 12:19am On Nov 25, 2009
mekuss - idiot - your people taught us the trade of doing 419 , go and ask ibori or odili
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by puskin: 12:25am On Nov 25, 2009
Thats why 9ja cannot move forward, not with everybody thinking 4rm a tribalistic perspective.
With dis attitude nd biased thinking. . .Nigeria, SORRY.
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by sjeezy8: 12:27am On Nov 25, 2009
lol typical losing sleep over another person's business
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by Charchar(f): 12:41am On Nov 25, 2009
Does anyone notice these articles say Nigerian not any type of tribe? It sucks thou, for all them people trying to make a go of it over this way have it hard, our goverment sees this 419 thing before even meeting someone. It is concidered the fraud capital of the world over here. I hate the fact that I have been fighting more than two years to get my husband here and without saying so I know they take that sterio type into concideration. A few bad apple ruin it for everyone.
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by mekusxxx: 12:44am On Nov 25, 2009
bilymuse:

yoruba - fraud , ritual
Igbo - armed robbery , drug (supplier), ritual
Hausa - ritual, drug (consumer)

other minority tribe?

Incomplete:

Drug supplier inside Nigeria=Yoruba (Ekiti)
Drug supplier outside = Igbo (60%); /Edo/Delta/Yoruba (40%)
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by mekusxxx: 12:45am On Nov 25, 2009
Yoruba-man:

mekuss - idiot - your people taught us the trade of doing 419 , go and ask ibori or odili

Yoruba-man, son of a thief

Ibori na Ibo? Ode buruku. grin grin
Re: New Fraud In The USA - Guess Who Are Involved :lol: by omongbati1: 5:48am On Dec 20, 2010
Ole dem

(1) (Reply)

A Christian Terrorist Attempt To Kill Donald Trump (pic) / Ethiopia Asks Britain To Return Stolen Treasures / Military Coup In Egypt Ousts President Morsi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.