Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

The Strange Effect Of Cold Water On Our Bodies - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Strange Effect Of Cold Water On Our Bodies (9602 Views)

Hot Water Bath Or Cold Water Bath? Which One Is Better? / See The ''Strange'' Baby A Young Girl Gave Birth To As Nigerians React. Graphic / Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Strange Effect Of Cold Water On Our Bodies by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:29am On Jan 15, 2017
Ishilove:
I have never really liked cold water. I prefer cold drinks (of course) but my water must be tepid or room temperature before I can drink it.

Recently, when I changed location I began guzzling cold water and to my chagrin, something weird has started happening to my body.

My ankle joints swell each time I take cold water and the pain that comes with it is not funny. For more than a month I didn't make the connection until I complained to my mum and she told me to stop taking anything cold.

I haven't taken cold water in about 5 days now and I can see the difference. My feet doesn't hurt so badly and the swelling has gone down, although the pain comes and goes without warning.

I have been applying Diclomol and Upheat Plus for the pain but the relief is usually temporary, however it is SLOWLY easing.

My question to the doctors and health practitioners is this: why on earth does cold water cause joint pains? I have been hearing of this for a long time and I never believed I will one day be experiencing it.

Are there remedies that will allow me take my beloved cold water without the attendant side effects?

Body misfire, have you scanned? grin

1 Like

Re: The Strange Effect Of Cold Water On Our Bodies by sisisioge: 7:58am On Jan 15, 2017
Ishilove:

My sister I now drink lukewarm water and I did not die. Lesson learnt. smiley

The pain has reduced significantly but it isn't gone. I'll get the drugs on Monday

Cool...the Lord will strengthen you.
Re: The Strange Effect Of Cold Water On Our Bodies by Ishilove: 8:47am On Jan 15, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Body misfire, have you scanned? grin
Scan unto... I no be mutor o. I cannot go and be scanning at every slightest provocation cheesy
Re: The Strange Effect Of Cold Water On Our Bodies by Ishilove: 8:48am On Jan 15, 2017
sisisioge:

Cool...the Lord will strengthen you.
Amin
Re: The Strange Effect Of Cold Water On Our Bodies by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:57am On Jan 15, 2017
Ishilove:

Scan unto... I no be mutor o. I cannot go and be scanning at every slightest provocation cheesy

Free scan promo running, all body parts inclusive modules, number in my signature grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hidden Dangers Of Cosmetics / Pictures From Keep Nigeria Clean Excercise / Causes and Solutions To Alopacia/Hairloss And Baldness In Men And Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.