Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Everything You Need To Know Before Buying Ripped Jeans - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Everything You Need To Know Before Buying Ripped Jeans (921 Views)

Kourtney Koko, Little Girl Wears Ripped Jeans In Style (Photos) / Photos Of A Lady Wearing Tight, Ripped Denim / Is It By Force To Wear Tight, Ripped Jeans? Lol (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Everything You Need To Know Before Buying Ripped Jeans by Bossken(m): 12:16pm On Jan 12, 2017
We're here to settle the score on the rebel style move once and for all.
Once upon a time, some unsung style hero realized that just because his favorite jeans developed a hole in the knee or a few scrapes on the thigh, that there was no law requiring him to immediately toss them in the trash. In fact, he probably noticed that his old beaten-up denim actually looked pretty bad ass. The rest is of course history. Even since, guys have turned to ripped jeans in their efforts to channel punk rockers, grunge superstars, or even their favorite rapper. But these days there's an inundating amount of pre-ripped jeans on the market, and not all of them are perfect. Actually, ripped jeans, whether they're artfully draped on a rack in some designer store or they were crafted DIY style, are one of the easiest things to screw up. That's why we've put together these (extremely detailed) guidelines to live by the next time you're looking to tear things up in the denim world.

TYPES OF RIPS

Here's how we like to break the different kind of blemishes your jeans may have:
[i]1. Holes, [/i]which are places in the pants where there is actually a visible window through the fabric (and as a result, to your legs).
Sub-rule A: holes should never be wider than the leg the jeans and look best when they're made horizontally across the leg.
Sub-rule B: Holes should never be more than an inch high when you're standing up. When you sit down they'll naturally expose more of your knee or leg, but anything more than a couple inches gets dicey.
[i]2. Shreds, [/i]which are just places that the fabric has been torn, but threads remain, covering up the hole.
[i]3. Scrapes, [/i]which are small abrasions or scratches on the surface of the fabric, usually between a dime and quarter in size.

RIP PLACEMENT
Here's where most guys slip up. They know they want a pair of jeans with rips, but end up either a buying a pair or making a pair where everything is out of place. By that we mean you need to ask yourself an important question before putting on a pair of ripped jeans. It's a simple one: Are these rips actual possible to create in real life? In other words, if you've got a massive hole exposing your man thighs (something even style god Kanye West

Click link for more https://lawrrykblog./2017/01/12/everything-you-need-to-know-before-buying-ripped-jeans/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Pandora Charms For Sale At A Very Reasonable Price / All Season But He Has Been / Please I Need Help In Planning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.