Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue (3750 Views)

Sienna Transmission Issue / ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems / Toyota Camry Transmission Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 12:17pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello guys,

I am having trouble with my car. It started recently when I noticed that the car started jerking when shifting from gear 2 to gear 3. It was working fine all the while.

The scan tools that we have tried so far have not been able to communicate with ECU (it only reads the abs and airbag).

Upon close inspection, we discorvered that the engine in it has been changed to 2MZ (as against the 1MZ that came with it).
It's a 2002 Toyota Camry with a V6 engine

I don't know where to go from here. Please advice.

Thanks.
attn: gazzuzz, getam, pek, brainbox4u, jeeqer, ikenna351, cardoctor
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by pek(m): 4:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
First thing to do, check your transmission fluid level. It might be low. If the scan tool is not communicating with the ECU, then you are not using the right scan tool. Your engine mounts might be bad.
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by erico2k2(m): 6:57pm On Jan 12, 2017
pek:
First thing to do, check your transmission fluid level. It might be low. If the scan tool is not communicating with the ECU, then you are not using the right scan tool. Your engine mounts might be bad.
or someone tampered with the wirings of the ECU
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2017
pek:
Transmission fluid level is fine.
Engine mounts have been changed.
I want to hope so. We have tried 5 different scanners on it.
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
erico2k2:

or someone tampered with the wirings of the ECU
Is there an independent way to check if the ecu is still perfect so that we can consider the wiring.
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by sultaan(m): 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
You just bought the car or what
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by mayor2013: 9:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
Check the obd 2 connnector if all wirings are ok. If all is ok and current is getting there then am afraid your ecu connection has been re engineered aka coverted cry
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by erico2k2(m): 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
anukulapo:

Is there an independent way to check if the ecu is still perfect so that we can consider the wiring.
Yes do what mayor2013 adviced or better still, pull or disconnect one of your sensors ie CPS or O2 sensors see if it will throw a code
PS U need OBD11 scanner for this.
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 4:23am On Jan 13, 2017
sultaan:
You just bought the car or what
I inherented it recently so I am just discovering these faults
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 4:27am On Jan 13, 2017
mayor2013:
Check the obd 2 connnector if all wirings are ok. If all is ok and current is getting there then am afraid your ecu connection has been re engineered aka coverted cry
Thanks. I will need get someone to do that for ne ASAP because I don't know how to go about that by myself.
If it is something simple enough, please guide me through. I will give feedback on the result.
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 4:32am On Jan 13, 2017
erico2k2:

Yes do what mayor2013 adviced or better still, pull or disconnect one of your sensors ie CPS or O2 sensors see if it will throw a code
PS U need OBD11 scanner for this.
Great. I will try with the mass airflow meter.

That is a major issue right now. The car is not communicating with any ODB that have been tried lately. I have tried 5 different ODBs
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by mayor2013: 7:16am On Jan 13, 2017
anukulapo:

Thanks. I will need get someone to do that for ne ASAP because I don't know how to go about that by myself.
If it is something simple enough, please guide me through. I will give feedback on the result.

Do you have a multimeter?
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 7:31am On Jan 13, 2017
mayor2013:

Do you have a multimeter?
No sir but I can get to borrow one
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by mayor2013: 8:42am On Jan 13, 2017
anukulapo:

No sir but I can get to borrow one

Can you differentiate between voltage, current, resistance, and continuity reason I ask is so as not to send a feed back voltage to your ecu there by getting it fried up cry
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 2:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
mayor2013:

Can you differentiate between voltage, current, resistance, and continuity reason I ask is so as not to send a feed back voltage to your ecu there by getting it fried up cry
I sure will get it in the meter, and not to take chances,I will have the person who will lend me the meter to help with that.

What do I read with the meter?
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
Finally, we have been able to establish that the ECU has gone bad. Now the baby news is that the ECU number label has been peeled half way so that I can't get the complete part number.

How possible is it to get the right replacement through the new engine number?

Please advice.

Thanks.
gazzuzz, getam, pek, brainbox4u, jeeqer, ikenna351, cardoctor
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:54pm On Jan 19, 2017
anukulapo:
Finally, we have been able to establish that the ECU has gone bad. Now the baby news is that the ECU number label has been peeled half way so that I can't get the complete part number.

How possible is it to get the right replacement through the new engine number?

Please advice.

Thanks.
gazzuzz, getam, pek, brainbox4u, jeeqer, ikenna351, cardoctor

Sadly the stock Engine Ecu of a vehicle "always" comes with the label intact. This is not the ecu that came with the car.

If you install the right ECU, you will have to install the right engine. Long assignment ahead of you.

Post VIN, It Can be used to determine the right engine Ecu
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by pek(m): 10:07pm On Jan 19, 2017
Let me have the VIN of the car?
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 10:01am On Jan 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

This is not the ecu that came with the car.

I suppose...and I believe the engine that came with it has been replaced also

GAZZUZZ:

If you install the right ECU, you will have to install the right engine. Long assignment ahead of you.

Post VIN, It Can be used to determine the right engine Ecu[/color]

Does that mean that I have to get a new engine if I get another ECU OR I can get an ECU based on the current engine in the vehicle?
Thanks so much.
4T1BE32K54U818747
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:39am On Jan 20, 2017
pek:
Let me have the VIN of the car?

4T1BE32K54U818747
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by pek(m): 12:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

4T1BE32K54U818747
I am lost. From the VIN supplied, this is a 2004 camry. Four plugs. When I went back to read, the op mentioned that it is a 2002 V6.
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by Conner44: 12:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
pek:
I am lost. From the VIN supplied, this is a 2004 camry. Four plugs. When I went back to read, the op mentioned that it is a 2002 V6.

Wow!

I sense the hand of kazeem on that vehicles destiny shocked

1 Like

Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
pek:

Welcome to Cartalk.

3 Likes

Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by kingreign(m): 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Welcome to Cartalk.
Op don buy heavy market
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 8:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

4T1BE32K54U818747
Apologies please. Auto complete typing error.
The correct VIN is 4T1BF32K02U508709
Thanks
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2017
pek:
It was my auto complete that did its worse.
VIN is 4T1BF32K02U508709 thanks.
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2017
Conner44:

Wow!
I sense the hand of kazeem on that vehicles destiny shocked
Kazeem is in trouble. LOL
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by pija(m): 9:17pm On Jan 20, 2017
anukulapo:
Hello guys,

I am having trouble with my car. It started recently when I noticed that the car started jerking when shifting from gear 2 to gear 3. It was working fine all the while.

The scan tools that we have tried so far have not been able to communicate with ECU (it only reads the abs and airbag).

Upon close inspection, we discorvered that the engine in it has been changed to 2MZ (as against the 1MZ that came with it).
It's a 2002 Toyota Camry with a V6 engine

I don't know where to go from here. Please advice.

Thanks.

Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 8:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
Good evening people. I hope your day has been fruitful so far.

I still look forward to your advice.

Thanks.
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by pek(m): 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
anukulapo:
Good evening people. I hope your day has been fruitful so far.

I still look forward to your advice.

Thanks.
Engine is 1MZ. Matchable ecu; 89666-06251 to 257

2 Likes

Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by anukulapo: 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2017
pek:
Engine is 1MZ. Matchable ecu; 89666-06251 to 257
Thanks so much. I am grateful,God bless.

Information noted BUT I can confirm to you that the engine in it currently is 2MZ. Does it matter in anyway?
Re: Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue by pek(m): 1:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
Yes
anukulapo:

Thanks so much. I am grateful,God bless.

Information noted BUT I can confirm to you that the engine in it currently is 2MZ. Does it matter in anyway?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clean Naija Used Rx 350 2011, Lagos Clear / Nigeria’s New Auto Policy Drops import By 20% / Between 2008 C300, 2010 VW Cc And 2010 Is250

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.