Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,842 members, 7,802,694 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (211698 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 1:44pm On May 05, 2018
Electroweb:

Well he asked for pix of white girls, besides the one you uploaded is blurred.
Bro...take it easy!.....life is full of blurred lines. ... too short to take too serious 24/7.... and not everything we ask for we get! See the guy ehmmm..... flexing teeths?....enjoying life?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 05, 2018
Originalsly:

Lol...really?...you not ready for NYC! ...bro....that's a guy!

grin
Too bad grin

But no be skirt I see soo grin

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nostradamus: 5:42pm On May 05, 2018
Originalsly:

Lol...really?...you not ready for NYC! ...bro....that's a guy!
that's serious ooo.wait,do you mean he/she is a guy disguised as a lady? Or originally a man who went to do this sec-changing operation and covert to a girl??
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 6:47pm On May 05, 2018
Nostradamus:
that's serious ooo.wait,do you mean he/she is a guy disguised as a lady? Or originally a man who went to do this sec-changing operation and covert to a girl??
Disguised? .... nobody has to disguise.....after all...this is Sodom and Gomorrah!

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:37am On May 08, 2018
NYC....Update.....trees ... needed just a few days of heat to be all dressed up in leaves.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:53am On May 11, 2018
NYC...Update....Brooklyn..on way up to 57 storey. .taller than high rises in the background. They just keep adding on floors...no steel framework. Never thought about toilet facilities for workers on the upper floors until I saw this potable toilet being taken up by the crane!
As the building goes up higher.... the height of the crane support (in yellow) also has to increase by adding more sections.... can you figure out in your mind how that is possible?...to add another piece while the crane is still up there? ...just a brain teaser.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:18am On May 11, 2018
NYC...Update...Harlem.."Affordable Housing"....the city providing affordable housing for the common man. Six story residential building..... traffic control guy on site allowing yet another trailer load of pre fab concrete flooring to back up in position for crane to off load. This is the base flooring used on the high rises....as seen on last pic.
Taking back the flatbed!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:32am On May 11, 2018
NYC....Manhattan...yeaterday... 7 in the morning...fog swallowing the upper floors of my favourite high rise along the highway on the east edge of the island...accident way ahead...100th Street...I'm not even at first street...back up already down to 70 th Street. Exit at 42 nd....hate getting into the belly of the city.
Pic 2....looking across town on 42nd st...3.... turn off into First Ave....not deserted...just that I'm first at the light!...gondola in mid air crossing the Ave on way to Roosevelt Island...mainly tourists....4....more First ave.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Dremca(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2018
I'll rather live as a common man here han to live rich in Nigeria.
Originalsly:
NYC...Update...Harlem.."Affordable Housing"....the city providing affordable housing for the common man. Six story residential building..... traffic control guy on site allowing yet another trailer load of pre fab concrete flooring to back up in position for crane to off load. This is the base flooring used on the high rises....as seen on last pic.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:43am On May 13, 2018
NYC...went into this large supermarket...Fairway... stocks quality stuff and a lot of organic/naturally grown products as well as foreign products that are not usually carried by other supermarkets. I popped in for bananas..organic bananas. ..got them ..but discovered they had mangoes from Haiti.. (Francis mangoes....world's sweetest!...and most expensive!)...2/$5..big Grade A ones...that was a steal!..other places..like $3.50 sach minimum!..I loaded up!
On the fruit name and source sticker...if it carries a number (3621)..the fruit is organic..if not. ..it's GMO. Lots of Europeans shop here...they don't really know when a mango is ripe...the business wants them to buy..so what they do?..label them..ready to eat!
..and my bananas...I don't know about being world class!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:02pm On May 13, 2018
NYC....supermarket adventure...while there I decided to check for beef...Angus beef.. that's o Rd ganic beef in the sense that the cows were raised naturally...eating grass and the usual stuff they choose to eat! ...so I ventured into their meat section...a large cold area. Organic meat is not easy to find...and mad expensive.
This ehmm...slice...just over half kg...like US$20....(you do the conversion) yep...the meat that attract flies that we turn up our noses at!...hmmm.....if these cows we have roaming can only be ehmmm....let me shut up.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:22pm On May 13, 2018
NYC... then the fish guy...these employees as are like expert in their departments...very knowledgeable about the products. Just random pics and I had to be out...too cold in there to be browsing too long!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Dremca(m): 12:28pm On May 13, 2018
What's the difference between organic and inorganic meat and please tell me more about this GMO in food.
Originalsly:
NYC....supermarket adventure...while there I decided to check for beef...Angus beef.. that's o Rd ganic beef in the sense that the cows were raised naturally...eating grass and the usual stuff they choose to eat! ...so I ventured into their meat section...a large cold area. Organic meat is not easy to find...and mad expensive.
This ehmm...slice...just over half kg...like US$20....(you do the conversion) yep...the meat that attract flies that we turn up our noses at!...hmmm.....if these cows we have roaming can only be ehmmm....let me shut up.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:53pm On May 13, 2018
Dremca:
What's the difference between organic and inorganic meat and please tell me more about this GMO in food.
Foods now labeled organic...are foods that are grown/grown naturally.GMO products have been genetically modified/tampered with.... to produce a certain outcome. Let's say chicken... a baby chick will not naturally grow to a full matured hen in 21 days. .... but when fed with products that will increase its natural growth rate..it will...that's a GMO chicken because it's natural growth has been tampered with. It can be made to grow muscle much faster...it can be made to produce 10 eggs a day instead of just one...and the same goes to fruits...grow fast...a certain size... tough skin for longer shelf life... etc. Such produce are no longer natural...and for that reason they do not attract flies when ripe nor in the case of meat..when spoilt. GMO fruits usually never become over ripe...they are 'good'..then begin to spoil/break down from the core....'leak water' and eventually become a pool of slush. The US is very good at producing GMO products..... while Europe has a ban on such..now wonder why.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Dremca(m): 1:30pm On May 13, 2018
Thanks for the explanation. What could be the health implications of these GMO products to the consumers.
Originalsly:

Foods now labeled organic...are foods that are grown/grown naturally.GMO products have been genetically modified/tampered with.... to produce a certain outcome. Let's say chicken... a baby chick will not naturally grow to a full matured hen in 21 days. .... but when fed with products that will increase its natural growth rate..it will...that's a GMO chicken because it's natural growth has been tampered with. It can be made to grow muscle much faster...it can be made to produce 10 eggs a day instead of just one...and the same goes to fruits...grow fast...a certain size... tough skin for longer shelf life... etc. Such produce are no longer natural...and for that reason they do not attract flies when ripe nor in the case of meat..when spoilt. GMO fruits usually never become over ripe...they are 'good'..then begin to spoil/break down from the core....'leak water' and eventually become a pool of slush. The US is very good at producing GMO products..... while Europe has a ban on such..now wonder why.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:02pm On May 13, 2018
Dremca:
Thanks for the explanation. What could be the health implications of these GMO products to the consumers.

Not an expert....but I think it is a main cause of many forms of cancer and other ailments that are soo widespread in the US and not in Europe and other places where GMO products are not available. Just like the chickens on fast track maturation... kids be doing the same..maturing faster...girls 8..already pushing up breasts and people who keep track report they are doing so at a younger and younger age. An average 25 year old African period...would be asked to show ID because one would think they may be under 16 ...definitely under 21. Just my take.

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Dremca(m): 2:08pm On May 13, 2018
Lol. That will organic to be more expensive than GMO. Yankee girl over mature, a 16years old girl having 26years assets, that must human GMO assets.
Originalsly:

Not an expert....but I think it is a main cause of many forms of cancer and other ailments that are soo widespread in the US and not in Europe and other places where GMO products are not available. Just like the chickens on fast track maturation... kids be doing the same..maturing faster...girls 8..already pushing up breasts and people who keep track report they are doing so at a younger and younger age. An average 25 year old African period...would be asked to show ID because one would think they may be under 16 ...definitely under 21. Just my take.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:13am On May 17, 2018
NYC..... the weather is really unstable this year. Foggy morning....fog swallowing Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan Bridge barely visible.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:32am On May 17, 2018
NYC.... jobs and safety . Concrete blocks for the apartment building....one man operation....truck driver offloading blocks using a 'piggy back'. Traffic controller present.... that's his job...has to be certified !

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 10:44am On May 17, 2018
NYC.... repainting crosswalk. Another 'traffic controller'!....It's a special 'paint' used ...at nights it reflects light...white and bright!....the flag man held up traffic..I'm first....observing...as soon as the line is painted..the other guy sprinkles some white stuff on the line. They paint real quick...pros. What surprised me...was as soon as there was room for traffic to get by safely. ..the guy waved us to go.... thE paint was already dry. ...like 3 minutes!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Activedreamer: 10:54am On May 17, 2018
NYC, soon come. Beautiful city.

Originalsy, how far,bro? How's the weather in NYC?
I couldn't send you a mail 'cos there's a change in my travel date. Should write you when my new date is confirmed.
Besides, I don't know how this pm thing works.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 11:13am On May 17, 2018
Activedreamer:
NYC, soon come. Beautiful city.

Originalsy, how far,bro? How's the weather in NYC?
I couldn't send you a mail 'cos there's a change in my travel date. Should write you when my new date is confirmed.
Besides, I don't know how this pm thing works.
Weather iffy now...bUT between June and August month end...almost guaranteed to be Lagos hot..or hotter. Just sent you mail via NL....my email address will show up and we can take it private from there. To contact me or anyone ..tap on the person's name in a headline box. .e.g

Re: On Vacation New York City by Originalsly

Tap on[i]Originalsly[/i]..it will take you to my profile page. ..then tap on (Send Originalsly an email). NL will let me know you want to contact me and send me your email address.
But hey...I'm not quick on replying....don't read emails often! As of now...I'm out..until

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 17, 2018
Alicia Keys' 'New York' lyrics suddenly come to mind.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 17, 2018
Originalsly:
NYC...went into this large supermarket...Fairway... stocks quality stuff and a lot of organic/naturally grown products as well as foreign products that are not usually carried by other supermarkets. I popped in for bananas..organic bananas. ..got them ..but discovered they had mangoes from Haiti.. (Francis mangoes....world's sweetest!...and most expensive!)...2/$5..big Grade A ones...that was a steal!..other places..like $3.50 sach minimum!..I loaded up!
On the fruit name and source sticker...if it carries a number (3621)..the fruit is organic..if not. ..it's GMO. Lots of Europeans shop here...they don't really know when a mango is ripe...the business wants them to buy..so what they do?..label them..ready to eat!
..and my bananas...I don't know about being world class!

Those bananas are/were artificially rippen.
They use Cyanide to rippen them,consume the ones with a brown stalk. Its better for your health.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 3:00am On May 18, 2018
NewBea:

Those bananas are/were artificially rippen.
They use Cyanide to rippen them,consume the ones with a brown stalk. Its better for your health.

Really?...I don't think so. ...most times organic arrive green...like never ready to eat...unlike the GMO type...which are like never green and always ready to eat or ready to toss in the garbage. I did see video with bananas being gassed!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:52pm On May 18, 2018
NYC.... Soon coming to an end......one unjust means of systematically criminalizing Blacks and Latinos....and we wonder why sooo many Blacks are in prison.

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 12:50am On May 22, 2018
NYC...randoms...Apartment building...brick layers time to shine...certified brick layers! Worker fetching insulation ...to insulate building from cold during winter.Black Panther...available on Blu Ray...didn't even know! Was a car show nearby...actually not so much about the cars but about their ehmm...thunderous sound systems. This car was all alone...showing off!

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Electroweb(m): 9:32am On May 23, 2018
Hey Originalsly,
Have you got any information on Long Island to share with the house...probably on security?

Electroweb
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:06pm On May 23, 2018
Electroweb:
Hey Originalsly,
Have you got any information on Long Island to share with the house...probably on security?

Electroweb

Long Island is really a longgg island...part of NYC...Brooklyn and Queens..are on the lower part of the island. The rest of the island is divided into Counties/towns...Suffolk, Hemstead,...several more...none part of NYC....all suburbs...residential...and take on the general name Long Island. These communities were established and marketed as safe communities.... code name for no minorities....especially Blacks and Latinos...were pretty much all White communities...'safe'. Whites who could afford to buy in and didn't want to raise their kids with Blacks moved out there....white picket fences..the American Dream. That reputation is very much alive today...if you live in Long Island..then you are successful...living the American dream...so with pride..especially Blacks..would loudly tell you they live in Long Island! The cost of living there ..taxes and commute costs...have made it difficult for regular families to live there...Whites are moving out...selling out to mainly minorities who are leaving the city to live there...while Whites are pouring back into the city...into Black neighbour hoods...such as Harlem!
Safety....anywhere on Long Island...or New York City...would be very very safe compared to the safest part of Lagos. Safety is not something that bothers people here period. Most pictures in this thread were taken in the hood...the 'baddest' part of the city...but yet you can see people walking about with their iPhone 15?...halfway stuck in their back pockets. Follow the media....and you fear these communities...you fear Blacks..you fear Latinos! I'm done!
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 1:12am On May 24, 2018
Originalsly:

Long Island is really a longgg island...part of NYC...Brooklyn and Queens..are on the lower part of the island. The rest of the island is divided into Counties/towns...Suffolk, Hemstead,...several more...none part of NYC....all suburbs...residential...and take on the general name Long Island. These communities were established and marketed as safe communities.... code name for no minorities....especially Blacks and Latinos...were pretty much all White communities...'safe'. Whites who could afford to buy in and didn't want to raise their kids with Blacks moved out there....white picket fences..the American Dream. That reputation is very much alive today...if you live in Long Island..then you are successful...living the American dream...so with pride..especially Blacks..would loudly tell you they live in Long Island! The cost of living there ..taxes and commute costs...have made it difficult for regular families to live there...Whites are moving out...selling out to mainly minorities who are leaving the city to live there...while Whites are pouring back into the city...into Black neighbour hoods...such as Harlem!
Safety....anywhere on Long Island...or New York City...would be very very safe compared to the safest part of Lagos. Safety is not something that bothers people here period. Most pictures in this thread were taken in the hood...the 'baddest' part of the city...but yet you can see people walking about with their iPhone 15?...halfway stuck in their back pockets. Follow the media....and you fear these communities...you fear Blacks..you fear Latinos! I'm done!

Hello friend,

Did you not get my olive branch of friendship?
I think I missed whether you are just visiting or living in the US

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by signature2012(m): 1:34am On May 24, 2018
Originalsly:

Long Island is really a longgg island...part of NYC...Brooklyn and Queens..are on the lower part of the island. The rest of the island is divided into Counties/towns...Suffolk, Hemstead,...several more...none part of NYC....all suburbs...residential...and take on the general name Long Island. These communities were established and marketed as safe communities.... code name for no minorities....especially Blacks and Latinos...were pretty much all White communities...'safe'. Whites who could afford to buy in and didn't want to raise their kids with Blacks moved out there....white picket fences..the American Dream.[/b]
That reputation is very much alive today...if you live in Long Island..then you are successful...living the American dream.[/b]so with pride..especially Blacks..would loudly tell you they live in Long Island! The cost of living there ..taxes and commute costs...have made it difficult for regular families to live there...Whites are moving out...selling out to mainly minorities who are leaving the city to live there...while Whites are pouring back into the city...into Black neighbour hoods...such as Harlem!

That is my neighborhood and I love it so damn much....

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:10am On May 24, 2018
NYC...more randoms. Sitting at bus stop next to subway entrance. Was surprised to see wire mesh in the pic because there is none out there...only to realize it's really the 'invisible mesh ' within the glass of the vehicle windshield....never showed up before. Supermarket run...in search of A grade Hatian mangoes... only to find ehmmm...Grade G...decided to browse a little. Beautiful pastries..very photogenic...pretty cheap. ..but I know how they all taste....fake!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.