Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,989 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:59 AM

Rav4 2004 Oil Pressure Indicator Flickers When Engine Is Hot, Pls Help!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rav4 2004 Oil Pressure Indicator Flickers When Engine Is Hot, Pls Help!!! (437 Views)

Melanin Glow... Actress Yvonne Jegede Is Hot And Sexy / How Can Hold Em Indicator Make You A More Profitable Online Poker Player / Owerri Is Hot Right Now. Protesters Along Douglas Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rav4 2004 Oil Pressure Indicator Flickers When Engine Is Hot, Pls Help!!! by blunt2dcore(m): 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
I drive a 2004 toyota rav4. When the engine runs for about 2 hours, the oil pressure warning light flickers while braking.Servicing was done Sept. 2016 with Mobil 1. My mechanic attributed this to a bad oil switch , I have changed these but the light still flickers. He also said the oil filter is fake, I changed this too but the lights still flickers esp when engine is very hot. There are no fault codes when scanned.
I need experienced experts in the house to assist me pls.

Cc GAZZUZ, nurey, sienna, kingrein
Re: Rav4 2004 Oil Pressure Indicator Flickers When Engine Is Hot, Pls Help!!! by nurey(m): 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
Since the oil pressure monitor flickers, this would be my diagnosis to finding a solution

1. I would Park the car on a flat dry surface and in the morning I would check the ground for fluid leaks. The engine too maybe leaking oil at the sides to confirm this, start engine, open the bonnet and confirm whether smoke is seen as car is warming up from the bonnet.
2. A bad oil filter may not do its work properly but check the oil filter gasket, you can do this by removing the oil filter and inspect the rubber where the filter bonds with the engine block also check filter for leaks before removal.
3. The switch he replaced may be bad or the switch isn't the issue. Trace the switch wire to source and make sure it's not cut or short circuit, you can tell a good rewire to check this
4. Best way to check leaking oil is by the oil Guage, notice where the oil is at cold when you have driven the car, once cold, check the oil Guage again and see whether there is high rate reduction.
5. The car may actually be burning oil, is your engine smoking? If yes, what colour.

My oga will soon arrive to assist with further diagnosis instructions

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Is The US President: Inauguration Speech Live / Who Are The Big Five Cats In The Workplace? / What's Wrong With The Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.