Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Ceos In Love - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ceos In Love (9614 Views)

Mad In Love / Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ceos In Love by swanky47(f): 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2017
Am in luv with ur story.... Kip it up.... Waiting for more updates
Re: Ceos In Love by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 06, 2017
Lolsd:
Gosh I cannot blve beth did dat ..!!! did not see dis coming....bryan u re a bloody idiot jessssssss .
Feyikemi12:
beth?
more updates please
Lolsd:
Gosh I cannot blve beth did dat ..!!! did not see dis coming....bryan u re a bloody idiot jessssssss .
swanky47:
Am in luv with ur story.... Kip it up.... Waiting for more updates

Thank you guys for the feed back, I'm happy you're enjoying the book, I'll be sure to update soon
Re: Ceos In Love by abubakarbabang7(m): 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2017
lavendie where u dey ?
Re: Ceos In Love by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2017
Chapter 10

•••••••••••••••••••••••

I stood rooted to the ground and kept staring at them, I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces, I wanted to cry so bad but I couldn't
"Rose!!! Are you okay?" I heard Annie's voice behind me
"Yea, I'm fine?" I said before turning to go out of the garden, I could see the confusion and fear on Annie's face but I didn't want her to worry so I plastered a fake smile on my face and held her hand "you're even more worried than I'm supposed to be, really it's fine" I could see from her face that she wasn't convinced but I decided not to push it any further.

When we got to the room, I went to the bathroom, showered and went straight to bed, everything that happened the past few days kept running over and over in my mind, I kept asking my self the same questions over again, where did I go wrong? What did I do to deserve this? I was made a laughing stock and a fool out of just because of love.

I decided that day that love was not meant for everyone, it was probably not meant for my mum and it obviously isn't meant for me too, it's a weakness that I won't let get to me, i had hardened my heart and it would stay that way.
I didn't know when I slept off but I woke up to the sound of my alarm.
I got up and was surprised to see Annie was already dressed, she was seated on the bed, looking at me, deep in thought.
"Annie are you okay?" I asked getting up from the bed
"I'm fine, I couldn't sleep last night, I just kept thinking about everything that happened"
"Don't worry about it, its all going to work out for the best" I told her, delaying my uniform on the bed before going to the bathroom.

Weeks passed by in a blur and my days started to follow a regular pattern, it was school, food, library, dormitory.
I became a shadow of the person I was, I stopped talking to people, stopped answering questions in class, it was as if somebody possessed my body.

It was after classes, I went to Annie's seat so we could go to the dorm, as we got out of the class we saw people rushing towards the notice board
"What's happening?" I asked Annie
"I don't know, let me find out" she said as she made her way through the crowd to the board, I saw her take out her phone and take a picture before coming back.
"Exam timetable" she said before handing the phone to me,
"We are starting in three weeks" I stated before handing it back to her
"You don't have a problem you're super smart, I don't know where to start reading from" she said, worry written all over her face
"That's what you say every time but you end up getting good grades" I said laughing and she started laughing too.

When we got to the dorm I took my clothes off, showered and went straight to the library, someone was already sitting at my spot again so I went to sit at the Luke's corner.
I was neck deep in my books when I felt someone's hands over my eyes
"Who is that?" I asked, very annoyed someone had the guts to disturb me
"Guess who" the person replied
I tried to figure out whose voice it was but the person changed his voice, the only thing I knew was that it was a boy
"Please stop it, I need to study" I said, I had already given up
"Guess who" the person repeated again, now I got angry
"If you don't get your filthy hands off me now, you'll be sorry"
"Jeez, learn to take a joke once in a while" I heard Luke's voice as he came to sit beside me,
"you've been reading non stop for the past four hours and you didn't eat diner"
"I am not hungry" I said but my stomach decided to prove me wrong by grumbling loudly
"I guess Mr. stomach doesn't agree with you" he said, laughing before he took my hands to lead me out of the library
"Where are you taking me to?" I tried to protest
"To the river side" he answered
"Sorry I can't go with you" I said trying to stand my ground but he was much more stronger than me I'm sure he didn't even notice, I gave up and decided to follow him.

On getting to the river bank I saw a blanket and a little basket by the side
"What is going on?" I asked him, confused
"You didn't go to eat so I got a little something from the hall for you"
"Why are you being nice to me?"
"You need to believe I'm a good person Rose, not everybody does things to get something in return" he answered in a matter of fact tone.

I was to hungry I couldn't argue or protest when he motioned for me to join him on the blanket and started taking food out of the blanket.
There was a cottage pie, chocolate cake, apples, grapes and orange slices and a bottle of water

I started eating immediately I sat down, I even forgot my table manners, I heard him try to hide a laugh so I looked at him through slit eyes
"What is funny?" I asked 
"You make a funny sound when you eat, it's cute"
"No I don't" I said, glaring at him before going back to eat.

"You stress yourself a lot, you should take a break" he said as we strolled back to the dorm
"I study to take my mind off things" I told him honestly
"You've lost a lot of weight, I liked the chubby Rose better" he said jokingly and it made me laugh too, I couldn't remember the last time I did

"Good night" he said when we got to the dorm
"Good night and thank you" I said, sincerely.

When I got upstairs, Annie was busy with her books, it happens like this all the time, she plays through out the year but when the exam timetable is out, she starts panicking
"What are you reading?" I asked as I dropped my backpack on the floor
"Biology" she answered, not lifting her head from her book, I smiled and went to the bathroom to shower before going to bed.

After that night, my days started following a new pattern, I would go to school with Annie, meet like at the library after classes, eat supper by the river bank with Luke then go back to the dorm.

I was going to the toilet one afternoon when I saw Bryan standing by the door, it was the first time since I saw him at the garden with Beth, I was going to pretend I didn't see him and walk straight in when he blocked my way, I looked up at him and saw pure hatred in his eyes, what right did he have to look at me that way, did he hate me all along and was pretend so he could get close to me? I couldn't help but wonder

"Excuse me" I said trying to get past him into the toilet
"So Luke is the new prey" he spat at me,
Why would he say Luke was my prey like I'm the evil one here
"Oh, is he? I didn't know I had gone from being the sweetest girl alive to being a predator" I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm, he stood there, looking at me with contempt
"I don't have time for your nonsense, and if no one has had the decency to tell you yet, I will, you need to get your brain checked" I said before pushing him out of the way so I could get into the bathroom.

As I got in I saw Beth by the mirror applying makeup, now I know what he was doing by the door
"I guess dating Bryan changes people" I thought as I remembered how I changed because of him too, I just hope he doesn't hurt her
"Rose I'm sor..." Beth started, breaking my thoughts
"Don't, it's okay, I don't hold grudges" I told her, walking past her into one of the stalls, I pray she's not there when I get out, I'm not yet ready to face her.

Fortunately for me, she wasn't there, I washed my hands and rushed back to class.

The next day was a Saturday morning and I had to go over some subjects with Luke at the library since we were starting exams the coming Monday.
I woke up very tired the next morning, the exhaustion must be getting to me already, when I tried to get up from bed I felt lightheaded and almost fell.
I laid back and waited a few minutes before trying again
"I have to go to the hospital" I thought as I went to take my bath.

After studying I told Luke about the incident that happened in the morning and he insisted we go to the school clinic.
When we got to the clinic the doctor asked a couple of questions, took blood samples and told me to come the next day for results

By 10 am the morning, I got a text from Luke saying he was waiting for me downstairs, we went to the clinic together, when we got to the doctor's office I knew something was wrong because of the look he had on his face, God I pray it's not cancer

"Rose Kent" he said handing an envelope to me. I took the envelope from him and opened it, I looked through it but didn't understand anything, Luke took it from me and his eyes grew wide, he gave the letter back to the doctor
"This can't be true" I looked at him confused, how come he understands but I don't
"Please say something" I said looking at the doctor

"Rose, you're pregnant" he said with a sigh

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ceos In Love by Missmossy(f): 8:55pm On Mar 12, 2017
Eyah... Pity Rose. This is too much for one person. Keep it coming Lavendie enjoying every bit of your story.
Re: Ceos In Love by Lolsd: 11:45pm On Mar 12, 2017
This is so bad for Rose.
Re: Ceos In Love by shurley22(f): 1:04am On Mar 13, 2017
Why must Rose b pregnant now?
Not good for her
Re: Ceos In Love by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
Chapter 11

"I'm pregnant, now my life is officially over, why did I let this happen? Maybe it's a dream, I'll wake up soon, it's definitely a dream" I said, thinking out loud, I pinched myself and hit myself but nothing different happened, then as it dawned on me that it wasn't a dream, tears started rolling down my face.

"Rose, it's going to be okay, do you want me to tell the school so we can call your parents?" The doctor asked, looking at me with judgement in his eyes, it was then I realized I wasn't alone, I looked to my right and saw Luke sitting, confusion on his face, I guess he was thinking of what to say to console me.

"You don't have the right to tell anybody if I tell you not to right?" I asked the doctor, drying my tears
"No I don't"
"Okay, I don't want you to tell anybody, I'll tell my parents myself"
"As you wish" he said, still looking with judgement in his eyes, I don't blame him, I probably deserve it.

"Let's go" I said looking at Luke
"Are you sure you're okay, are you gonna keep it?" He asked as we walked out of the doctor's office.
"I don't know, I'm confused, I'll wait till I go home to decide, I have to tell my dad,
he'll be so disappointed" I said, fresh tears rolling down my face

"You're gonna be fine" Luke said, squeezing my hands
"Will you tell Bryan" he asked, making my heart sink
"No I won't, he obviously wants nothing to do with me, and he'll probably deny it and ask for DNA test, if I keep it, I can't go through that"
"You'll be fine, don't let this weigh you down, try to study hard for the exam" he said as we got to the dormitory door
"I feel like I shouldn't leave you, are you sure you're fine?"
"I'm fine, it's not the end of the world" I said with a convincing smile.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"You have 3 hours for the this exam, your time starts now" the invigilator announced
I tried to concentrate on my exams but I couldn't, I kept thinking about my plight, should I keep it? If I do I would have to take a year off school, should I get rid of it? What will my parents think? My mum now has a real reason to hate me openly.

"Time up" I heard the invigilator say, the only thing on my answer sheet was my name, it was too late to start trying to write so I submitted that way.

All the other exams followed the same pattern, I guess I had already decided to keep the child, it won't really be bad if I fail since I'll end up taking a year off.

Two weeks later;

"Rose are you mad at me" Annie asked as we fastened our seat belts in the plane, we were leaving school that day.
"No I'm not, why would you ask that?"
"You've not been speaking to me, you're almost always alone and stare into space, do you blame me for what happened between you and Bryan"
I could see she felt bad then I started to feel guilty too, I can't tell her about the baby now, the guilt will kill her
"I can't blame you, it's not your fault, I'm sorry if I've been a little distant, it's just that I've gone through somethings that changed my point of view and I miss home a lot"
"Are you sure you're not mad at me" she asked again
"I can't ever be mad at you" I said pulling her in a for a hug
"I miss my best friend, please bring her back to me"

The flight was uneventful, after we got our bags, my heart started to pound violently, this is it, I have to tell my parents now, I felt I would faint from the anxiety

"Are you okay, you're sweating profusely" Annie asked looking worried,
"I'm fine, I just have to use the toilet, I'll be back in a second" I left immediately and went to look for a bathroom, I could feel my food coming up my throat.
As I was rushing to get to the bathroom I bumped into someone
"Oh my God are you blind?" I heard a familiar voice, I looked up and started to apologize when I saw it was Beth, I didn't see her get on the plane

"I'm sorry" I said trying to move past her to the bathroom
"What's going on" I froze as I heard Bryan's voice, I didn't think they'd still be together
"She hit me, I don't know why she'd want to hurt me" Beth said, sounding hurt
"If you want to pick a fight with someone, do it with me, she's innocent" he said glaring at me and checking her for injuries
"You deserve each other" I said looking at them once before going to the bathroom.

By the time I got to the bathroom, the nausea had subsided, I washed my face and tried to keep my nerves in check with a pep talk before going out.

"Rosie, how are you?" I heard Annie's mum say as I went close to hug her
"I'm fine Mrs Pritchett, how is Mr Pritchett"
"He's fine, he had to go to Spain for business, we missed you girls so much"
I smiled and looked at Annie who was busy rolling her eyes

"Rosie!!!" I heard my sister squeal as she ran to hug me, I hugged her back
"We missed you so much"
"I missed you a lot too" I said genuinely
"Where's dad and mum?" I asked looking around,
"Dad travelled for business and mum has a commitment" she answered
I smiled and ran to hug Annie one last time before leaving with Kim.

"So give me the juicy details, how was school" she asked looking at me with wide eyes, then I suddenly burst into tears as if I had been waiting for this moment.
She pulled over immediately
"Are you okay" she asked with fear in her voice, I wanted to talk but I couldn't, the tears just kept pouring out, I had tried so hard to be strong, but I couldn't be anymore, she held me tight and stroked my hair and whispered consolations into my ears after a while I pulled back
"I'll tell you when we get home" I told her when I could finally speak
She continued driving in silence until we got home.
"Take your bath and change your clothes, I'll be with you in a while" she said before going to the kitchen.
I did as she said, wore my oversized pajama and sat on the bed, I remembered everything that happened and started to cry again, I thought I could tell my dad before but I'm not sure anymore, Kim walked in with a tray in her hands, there was a cup of water and a bowl of chicken noodle soup in it. She placed the tray on the nightstand and ordered me to eat, I didn't have appetite but I made myself eat it all.

"Are you calm now?" She asked
"Yea" I said and told her everything that happened but left out the pregnancy part
"Jesus you've been through a lot, I'm so sorry Rose, it's going to be fine, he's a dick and he doesn't deserve you, you'll definitely find someone better, you're an awesome and strong person, don't let him make you feel or think less of yourself" she said
then I started crying again, if I was really an awesome person why did he do that to me
"That's not all" I said drying my tears
"You can tell me anything"
"I'm pregnant"
She didn't say anything so I guess she was dumbfounded, she just kept staring at me
"What are you going to do about it?" She asked after a long silence
"I don't know, I want to tell dad first, should I keep it?"
"You should think about the pros and cons first, are you ready to give up a year of your life? I'm not saying you should give it up, children are a thing of joy but at the right time, have you told Bryan?"
"No, he doesn't want anything to do with me" I answered crying again
"Don't cry, everybody makes mistakes, the most important thing is to learn from it, you made a mistake just like everybody"
"Dad is going to be so disappointed"
"You're here because dad made that same mistake, he's nobody to judge you"
"What do you mean?" I asked, I guess I'll find out the truth today
"It's not my position to say, he'll tell you when he thinks the time is right"
"Okay" I said, yawning, I rested my head on her shoulder and drifted off to sleep

•••••••••••••••••••••

"Annie wake up, dad is back and is asking of you" Kim said, tapping my shoulder, my heart started to beat fast, I guess it's the moment of truth

"Do you want me to come with you?"
"No I have to do this alone, thank you" I said

"Pumpkin, I'm sorry I couldn't come to the airport" Dad said, I went to hug him
"Daddy, I love you, I have something to tell you"
"What is it pumpkin" he said, clearly worried, then my mum stepped in
"Rose welcome back, how was school"
"Fine mum, I need to talk to you and dad"
"What is the matter?"she asked
I narrated the whole ordeal to them, my dad looked sad but my mum was very mad

"You see what you get for bringing a bastard into this house? A bastard will always be a bastard, I told you to give her out when you got her but you insisted on keeping her, now she's following her mother's footsteps, I don't want another filthy bastard in this house, I don't care what you do about it I don't just want to see it here" she said before storming out of the room

My legs gave and I fell to the floor, crying, I know what I did was wrong, I didn't expect to be pat on the head, but did she have to say those things

"I'm very disappointed in you, you should have been more careful but it doesn't change the fact that what is done is done, what do you want to do about it now?" My dad asked
"Who is my mother?" I asked instead of answering his question
"You know who your mother is, why are you asking that?"
"Dad, I'm not stupid, I think it's high time you told me the truth, who is my mother?" I asked again
"I'm so sorry honey, for not telling you sooner, I was trying to protect you, I had an affair I'm not proud of a while back when I travelled to Columbia.
I met a very beautiful and caring lady, she was different from any woman I had ever met, I thought I was in love with her and during a moment of weakness, I did what I wasn't supposed to, I don't regret it one bit because it gave you to me"
"Do you know where my mother is?"
"Yes, I can take you to meet her if you want"
"Why didn't she ask to see me all this while?"
"She did but your mother... I mean Emilia thought it would be better if she didn't" I looked at him and started crying again
"I want to meet her" I said between sobs
"I'll take you to meet her tomorrow, go downstairs, eat something and go to bed, we have to leave very early and we'll continue our discussion later"
"Thank you" I said, I went straight up to my room because I couldn't eat

"Rosie!!! How did it go" Kim said softly, going under the covers beside me, I told her everything and I could see she was mad at her mother
"Mum said that to you?" She asked, outraged
"Don't be mad at her, she gave a bastard the opportunity to live a good life and look what I did?"
"Don't you ever say that, it's not your fault dad cheated on her, I was very happy the day dad brought you home, I remember I was 5 years old at the time and I had always wanted a baby sister, someone I could play with, imagine being alone as a child in this house, you are a blessing" she said with tears welling in her eyes
"It's fine, at least I get to see my birth mother tomorrow" I said before we fell asleep together in bed like we used to as kids.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ceos In Love by abubakarbabang7(m): 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
Guy fire on
Re: Ceos In Love by horlah1(f): 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nice one More mb....
Re: Ceos In Love by Allylic(f): 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
dis os getting interesting..babe we need more pls
Re: Ceos In Love by TosinBecca: 11:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
Plsssss sad more updates! Nice work
Re: Ceos In Love by Alennsar(f): 11:11am On Mar 28, 2017
This is wonderful
Re: Ceos In Love by Lolsd: 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
its interesting but d update is slow nd short.
Re: Ceos In Love by dauspiro: 7:23am On Mar 29, 2017
nice story ride on
Re: Ceos In Love by TosinBecca: 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
I'm hungry for updates! Please do something. Nice job, nice storyline!
Re: Ceos In Love by Oyinda8100(f): 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2017
Pls update ohhh
Re: Ceos In Love by horlah1(f): 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
This is getting more interesting...pls don't hang d story
Re: Ceos In Love by Ehmjay(m): 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
Okay The story don end sha?...If not give us updates now,don't leave et hanging cuz we all are longing 4 mure
Re: Ceos In Love by horlah1(f): 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
E be like say d CEOs no dey gree love again o...
Pls if u knw u wouldn't be faithful wit updates,its better u don't put up a story.
Re: Ceos In Love by TosinBecca: 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
This is so unfair! How can you make us fall for your story and decide to deprive us of updates! Since last week!! Haba cry
Re: Ceos In Love by AutumnSpring: 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
As much as I would want to support those expressing their displeasures at updates not being regular, I'd also like to say we should think of reasons why the writer has decided not to come up with any in recent times and thus exercise patience with the writer.

Reasons could range from focus on academics or career, relationship/marriage matters, health matters, financial constraints or other personal excuses.

Let's put ourselves in his/her shoes.

I also feel the writer may be discouraged by the low turnout of followers of the story.
We all need encouragement in whatever we do.
We could help by introducing others to follow the story (or other stories that catch our interest with good storylines).

To the writer, no do maa vex biko, you'd better sort out whatever it is keeping you from updating this story else, I'll delete my Nairaland account altogether.

Receive divine healing if this hiatus is due to health-related issues.
Financial breakthrough if it has to do with finance.
Success in your academics/career.
Love & understanding in your relationship/marriage.
Peace around any other issues.

Remember we love you still...#muah

3 Likes

Re: Ceos In Love by Oyinda8100(f): 7:37pm On Jul 28, 2017
Plsss update
Re: Ceos In Love by kerenjay(f): 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
lavendie, where are you? Pls don't give up on this
Re: Ceos In Love by Rachelbolanle07(f): 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
pls update
Re: Ceos In Love by SkyyLord(m): 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2017
Like seriously I have never read any story that got to me like this one. Please for the sake of your readers don't leave the story incomplete I beg you. More strength to you
Re: Ceos In Love by feyorpe: 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
very captivating! pls try and update us, thank u...
Re: Ceos In Love by SydneyBrown(f): 12:06am On Aug 21, 2017
This piece is intriguing
Nice one but please we need update.
Don't leave us hanging like dis.
Re: Ceos In Love by feyorpe: 12:43am On Sep 13, 2017
Helloooo, Please looking forward to reading more updates ..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Slept With Prof. For My Friend To Graduate, And She Did Same For Me To Fail / Checkmate Competition- Group 1 Collaboration Thread / Something From Pandora’s Box (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.