Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,842 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:03 AM

Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 (64388 Views)

Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th / Bishop Oyedepo: "You See Where Change Has Brought Us Since 2015" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by shugasofttouch: 1:27pm On Jan 13, 2017
Maximus85:

Short minded man. It's hard but God didn't want the death of sinners but for them to repent and be saved.

Paul was an example. Who was he before? A TERRORIST TO THE FULLEST. He came in contact with the word of God and he was transformed. What if this man was in Saul's time? He would have commanded is gullible followers to kill Paul. The same Paul preached the gospel more than any other disciples of Christ.

I wonder the god telling this man to kill terrorists.
. I biliv by the time u r 60 n ur 36 year old son or someone u r capable of giving birth to calls u a short minded man cos of a statement u might hv made in anger maybe u'll be happy. The same bible says heaven help those who help themselves. Pls do not say rubbish like this to elderly pple talk more of men of God no matter how right u r n wrong dey r cos u r indirectly laying a course on ur self n it cld go down ur generations.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by DangotePikin: 1:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
shugasofttouch:
. I biliv by the time u r 60 n ur 36 year old son or someone u r capable of giving birth to calls u a short minded man cos of a statement u might hv made in anger maybe u'll be happy. The same bible says heaven help those who help themselves. Pls do not say rubbish like this to elderly pple talk more of men of God no matter how right u r n wrong dey r cos u r indirectly laying a course on ur self n it cld go down ur generations.
its not everybody you respond to on Nairaland. I discovered that many years ago.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Factualase: 1:32pm On Jan 13, 2017
In Frankenstein voice '"we didn't ask for our life before given to us but if anybody wants to take it from you defend it!"
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by shugasofttouch: 1:35pm On Jan 13, 2017
psalmsjob:

Where we differ is that you believe God in addition to speaking to you directly spspiritually that He can also send someone who should be regarded as superior to you or that person. I believe however, that all Christians are equal before God and the indwelling Holy Spirit makes the things of Christ or God known to believers because like the Bible said He is the Spirit of God and thus has been with Him from the beginning of time.

But in the same vein Christians can limit or outrightly difuse the power of the Holy Spirit in their own lives by simply believing what you just profess to believe. All the devil seeks to do is to plant a doubt about the power and love of God into minds. All these "you need something more", "you can do it better", "everyone is doing it".

Take every opportunity you have to talk about what you've got on this earth to praise God only without mentioning any human being and the chances of being misunderstood will be eliminated.

Do you agree that what is said is literally unbecoming of a Christian? Yes or No!
. If u read ur bible well u'll understand what it says about having a prophet n also d difference between a member in church n d prophet set over dem
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by shugasofttouch: 1:37pm On Jan 13, 2017
hamzeiy:
lol...just imagine a muslim scholar making this statements publicly..the news would have been different. telling your congregation to kill people because they are suspects is truelly very stupid and would definately have repercussions
when shekau has been releasing statements 4 non-muslims to be killed why didn't u tame it as being stupid.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by shugasofttouch: 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2017
TheFreeOne:

Life is a gift that must be protected and it is stupidity of the highest order to allow oneself to be killed by anybody in the name of "love your enemies".

And i want to believe you have your reasons for either stylishly mocking Christians or misinterpreting the bible in the light of what's happening to Christians in the north.

The reality is that the situation in Nigeria is getting to a stage of "KILL OR BE KILLED" unless the government tackle this matter heads on but with jihadists in power? your guess is as good as mine.

I am not a conventional Christian nor a Muslim but I believe it's high time Christians and their leaders wakeup from their slumber.
. Than you dear. Let's assume he gets attacked by this wicked souls n he has d opportunity to kill or be killed I biliv he'll prefer being killed cos d oga bilivs in love ur enemies even more than urself.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Image123(m): 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hmmmm, the Bishop himself. Carry on. Feeblemindedness is not a gift of the Spirit, forgiveness is.

edited
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by shugasofttouch: 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2017
afoobabs:
what differs this man from the satanic element he is talking abt is that he is a recognised bishop with lots of followers take that away from him, he is also a terrorist. it surprise me no one is calling for his arrest as his utterance can wreck havoc in the country . Even if Nigerian were to break, will it be along the religious or ethnic line? Kaduna weather southern or northern,will remain part of north, how the hell is the bishop's call for disintegration the solution to the Kaduna's problem
. If u are a christian pls u need to b born again as soon as possible. Cos u hv succeeded in heaping courses on ur life n ur generations to come.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by shugasofttouch: 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
Ake1:
Devid Oyedepo is seeing frustrated. This is how Losers cry!. He has no link to God whatsoever if not how the man of god preaching man inhumanity to man? This is an incitement from devid oyedepo. He promised to open gate of hell to former president Jonathan's opponents and here he come to execute his assignments; inciting war!
He should be charged for terrorism. When boko Haram was killing Christians and Muslims destroying religion houses during Jonathan regime oyedepo didn't see anything bad because he was feeding fat from poorman's tithe and govt purse and he want that to continue.
Oyedepo and his gullible followers will live by their curse and God will restore peace to Nigeria.
. If u still call on God not using small g den u r part of his followers. Jst be careful.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by DaCharis2016: 1:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
So when christians are getting killed in crises, they shouldn't defend themselves?
felixomor:

I see your handwork on this article.

U do well o.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by shugasofttouch: 1:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
DangotePikin:
its not everybody you respond to on Nairaland. I discovered that many years ago.
some pple just need to b told d bitter truth
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by damar007(m): 2:10pm On Jan 13, 2017
aunty kemi olunloyo is definitely coming for you
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by osita456(m): 2:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
danidee10:

This is one mistake a lot of people make....The JEWS WERE NOT CHRISTIANS...at that time there was nothing like Christianity cuz christ wasn't born yet.
I never said the jews were Christians. they were then the people of God. just as we are now. the Holy Spirit is key to biblical understanding and every scripture matters including the songs of Solomon.
you can't just sweep aside the opinion of a Man that commands such a great attention as Bishop Oyedepo and also we shouldn't just take it in without thought. we should be like the Christians of Berea.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Awoofawo(m): 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Oga You can continue to turn your other cheek........ undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided We don tire!!! Na fire for fire model we dey now tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Seun:
Every decent person shares the humble Bishop's feelings about Boko Haram, but asking people to spill the blood of "anyone that looks like them" (i.e. a northerner or muslim in the wrong place at the wrong time) is very wrong. Didn't Jesus say, "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"? How can you call yourself a Christian if you blatantly and proudly disobey the teachings of the very Christ you worship?

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Kaysalas(m): 2:27pm On Jan 13, 2017
wtfCode:
Ipob go like this prayer
hahaha! very true, in their minds they go..."OPE O! Yoruba don dey get sense small small" hahaha

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Adeyeye09(m): 2:37pm On Jan 13, 2017
Seun:

Can you prove this?
I can prove it...I was at the service... He said those things in 2015 when the boko haram killings ws at its peak. At the time , even u will agree with wat he said becos pple were dying virtually everyday ..so it's very old. Journalist just post rubbish to generate traffic .
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by afoobabs(m): 3:44pm On Jan 13, 2017
shugasofttouch:
. If u are a christian pls u need to b born again as soon as possible. Cos u hv succeeded in heaping courses on ur life n ur generations to come.
balderdash, oh I av hurt you by touching your anointed. brainwashed simpleton it is u and ur family plus ur generation to come that will suffer ur aforementioned curses fool. Who Oyedepo help. is he god. I don't know how a sane person will be worshiping a fellow human being like you. you even revered him more than God. werey somborin. u can't differentiate btw curse and course. I spit on you glorified booby.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Edmanpumpin(m): 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
BushWickBill:

You have to be kidding me.

Really?

If you are asking me to receiveen I'd rather remain where I am, rather than join you and be associated with whatever evil spiri

Hey Lunatic,
You will always be in my parayers. God shall save your lost soul and take you away from the path of the Moon god men.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by nery4u(m): 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
Be sensitive....

Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by yaki84: 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
Seun:
Every decent person shares the humble Bishop's feelings about Boko Haram, but asking people to spill the blood of "anyone that looks like them" (i.e. a northerner or muslim in the wrong place at the wrong time) is very wrong. Didn't Jesus say, "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"? How can you call yourself a Christian if you blatantly and proudly disobey the teachings of the very Christ you worship?

If ur enemy holds a matchet to slit ur throat, u go still. Love am?
Christianity is making these muslims take us for a weakling!
They think we aint gat guts, no be their fault sha.......
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by BushWickBill: 4:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
Edmanpumpin:

Hey Lunatic,
You will always be in my parayers. God shall save your lost soul and take you away from the path of the Moon god men.

Between the two of us, who is the lunatic?
Just read what you wrote, and see if it makes any sense.

Many are mad but few are roaming.
You, sir are a top-rate fo0l.

Please stop calling God.

Your foul mouthed rants cannot bring you any closer to God.
You are a disgrace, the type that he saw and regretted creating man.
Maybe a flood should wash you off the face of the earth since you have no tangible contribution to mankind.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by BushWickBill: 4:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
nery4u:
Be sensitive....
They don't know.
Even their mammon-driven pastors blinded by the chase for wealth cannot tell that even Jesus foresaw these things happening.

But in their usual follow-follow mentality, they cannot be bothered to know what the signs of the end times are because their mammon driven pastors have refused to tell them the real truth about the kingdom of heaven; instead choosing to fleece them of their income, getting richer while they the flock get poorer.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by samijay8(m): 5:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
Seun:
Our Oga Don say something, make I dey wait for the first person to kill another just because of his pastor who've brainwashed him.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by jmoore(m): 5:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
admax:
Trust Seun to comment on this type of story.

1. Good to see you quote the Bible, so what went wrong?

2. Christians don't worship Jesus for your information, we worship the Almighty God - Yahweh

Modified
: I see a lot of ignorant Christians quoting me to retract my 2nd point. So you people worship Jesus through God or what?!! when it was clear we worship God through Jesus the Christ!

This is why it's very important to attend Churches that teaches the word of God and not only those die by fire or miracles based ministries.
You are wrong on your second point. You are the ignorant one. Read the bible not your Pastor's diary.

Question: "Does the Bible describe Jesus being worshiped?"

Answer: Worship means “reverence paid to a divine being.” If Jesus was offered and accepted worship, then by doing so He was confirming His divinity. This is important because there are those who deny the deity of Christ, relegating Him instead to a lesser position than God. Yes, Jesus accepted worship. As the second Person of the Trinity, He was and still is worshiped.

From the beginning of Jesus’ life, we see examples of Him being worshiped. As soon as the Magi laid eyes on the infant Christ, “they bowed down and worshiped Him” (Matthew 2:11). The Bible records the initial response Jesus received when He made His triumphal entry into Jerusalem: “So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying out, ‘Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!’” (Matthew 21:9; John 12:13) The word hosanna is a plea for salvation and an expression of adoration. This word used by the crowd is definitely a form of worship.

Just after Jesus amazed the disciples by walking on water, “those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, ‘Truly you are the Son of God’” (Matthew 14:33). Two more memorable examples of Jesus accepting worship occurred just after His resurrection. Some of the women (Matthew 21:1; Mark 16:1; Luke 24:10) were on their way to tell the disciples of the resurrection when Jesus met them on their way. When they realized it was He, they “came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him” (Matthew 28:9).

Then there is the case of Thomas, who didn't believe Jesus had risen from the dead despite the other disciples’ testifying to that fact. It had been about a week since the resurrection, and Thomas still doubted it. Jesus, knowing Thomas doubted, appeared to him and showed him the nail marks in His hands and feet and the wound in His side. How did Thomas respond? “Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” (John 20:28). In none of these instances do we see Jesus telling those worshiping Him to stop, as did mere men and even angels who were being worshiped wrongly by others (Acts 10:25–26; Revelation 19:9–10).

We continue to offer worship to Jesus today by offering ourselves to Him as a living sacrifice—offering ourselves to God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to do with as He sees fit (Romans 12:1–2). Jesus said, “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth” (John 4:24). We worship God in spirit and truth by obedience to His commands. Worship is not solely about bowing to Jesus, throwing palm branches at His feet, or singing and shouting about our love for Him. Worship is about knowing Him, communing with Him, serving Him, and trusting in Him.

Source>> https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-worshipped.html
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Edmanpumpin(m): 5:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
BushWickBill:

Lunatic, weep not okay. I declare healing to your sick mind and life.
Receive your healing in Jesus Name.

Have you eaten?

LOL
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by otemanuduno: 5:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingOfAmebo:

Typical of you... always talking trash whenever anything pertaining to Jesus comes up...(you seem to be obsessed by hearing anything about CHRISTIANS) are you feed up with the ganja inspired book you wrote or currently writing? How market?...don't worry 10 people will have a copy of the trash you call a book(and keep it) in a 100 years...smoke more weed to write more ok! and keep fooling yourself.

I began seeing you as someone that is mentally unstable the day i saw a post you wrote that Yahweh is Satan...so you mean you are more knowledgeable than everyone on the planet who have read the Bible the moment weed revealed this to you? Weed can obviously make you think you have wings like a bird and attempt flying or even make you walk like you are on the moon. The better you stop weed the better for your mental state.

Are you done? Yahweh is Satan and himself knows it. And he dare not try to deny his identity before ALMIGHTY GOD his father. You need light to know the truth. May your eyes be opened to see the AFRICAN MENTALITY BONDAGE you and millions others have been subjected to. undecided
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by jmoore(m): 5:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
Jaymaxxy:

but a Christian once told me Jesus and God are the same. I need more explanation please.
Don't mind him. Christians worship Jesus.

See explanation below

Question: "Does the Bible describe Jesus being worshiped?"

Answer: Worship means “reverence paid to a divine being.” If Jesus was offered and accepted worship, then by doing so He was confirming His divinity. This is important because there are those who deny the deity of Christ, relegating Him instead to a lesser position than God. Yes, Jesus accepted worship. As the second Person of the Trinity, He was and still is worshiped.

From the beginning of Jesus’ life, we see examples of Him being worshiped. As soon as the Magi laid eyes on the infant Christ, “they bowed down and worshiped Him” (Matthew 2:11). The Bible records the initial response Jesus received when He made His triumphal entry into Jerusalem: “So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying out, ‘Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!’” (Matthew 21:9; John 12:13) The word hosanna is a plea for salvation and an expression of adoration. This word used by the crowd is definitely a form of worship.

Just after Jesus amazed the disciples by walking on water, “those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, ‘Truly you are the Son of God’” (Matthew 14:33). Two more memorable examples of Jesus accepting worship occurred just after His resurrection. Some of the women (Matthew 21:1; Mark 16:1; Luke 24:10) were on their way to tell the disciples of the resurrection when Jesus met them on their way. When they realized it was He, they “came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him” (Matthew 28:9).

Then there is the case of Thomas, who didn't believe Jesus had risen from the dead despite the other disciples’ testifying to that fact. It had been about a week since the resurrection, and Thomas still doubted it. Jesus, knowing Thomas doubted, appeared to him and showed him the nail marks in His hands and feet and the wound in His side. How did Thomas respond? “Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” (John 20:28). In none of these instances do we see Jesus telling those worshiping Him to stop, as did mere men and even angels who were being worshiped wrongly by others (Acts 10:25–26; Revelation 19:9–10).

We continue to offer worship to Jesus today by offering ourselves to Him as a living sacrifice—offering ourselves to God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to do with as He sees fit (Romans 12:1–2). Jesus said, “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth” (John 4:24). We worship God in spirit and truth by obedience to His commands. Worship is not solely about bowing to Jesus, throwing palm branches at His feet, or singing and shouting about our love for Him. Worship is about knowing Him, communing with Him, serving Him, and trusting in Him.

Source>> https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-worshipped.html
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by NaMeAboki: 5:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
glossy6:

Then, this should be preached to both Muslims and Christians. No one like losing a relative. I did my primary school in Zonkwa, close to Zango Kataf and I know the " arne" treatment as young as i was. The religious hatred is deep rooted and so painful that even as an adult, I still remember vividly. So it is all about propaganda. We should all have freedom to worship what we want to worship, even if they are stones. Religion should not be a basis for judging any human. Let only God remain the ultimate judge

Agreed, the message of peace should go to both parties; however, I disagree that it should go Muslims and Christians; because that go towards turning the conflict into a religious one (which it isn't) and therefore broadening it.

So far, Christian leaders and politicians are the ones pouring petrol onto an already volatile situation (Muslims clerics have been mute or condemning the violence in general); while they are unfortunately being aided and abetted by the media, which is understandably biased because it is predominantly owned and run by the Christian south.

For example, if you are to take a critical analysis of the news coverage on the ongoing conflict, you will notice that the media is only telling one side of a two sided story e.g. graphic images of the victims (some not even authentic e.g. from Rwandan killings etc) abound the electronic and print media; guests and analysts and representatives are often from one side or not even from the north, all bringing their preconceived stereotype and biases to the fore - hardly you get to hear from the other side of the conflict.

I really do give the media much blame for woefully failing in the professional responsibility of reporting accurately with objectivity - their investigative journalism is literally being practiced from the remote confines of their airconditioned offices in Lagos and Abuja, often relying on hearsay and 2nd hand information from bloggers and vice versa; rather than physically sending out their reporters to bring back direct information; interviews, photos etc from the crime scenes of the affected areas - this is diving Nigerians every day.

As for the term "arne", it is a Hausa word which simply means a non-Muslim; it is not meant to be derogatory and therefore unfortunate that you should find it offensive.
This reminds of the Tivs who used to be called munci (pronounced moon-chi) meaning we have eaten (it or them) until they objected it - and their wish was respected since then - I suppose the same can similarly be achieve with the term arne.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by BushWickBill: 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
Edmanpumpin:

Lunatic, weep not okay. I declare healing to your sick mind and life.
Receive your healing in Jesus Name.

Have you eaten?

LOL

Is that all you have?
Is that the best you can muster?

Everything has to be about food for you, that is why you can't make a simple argument.

Your Jesus Christ would weep for you for this show of shame you have exhibited.
And you wonder why people are so pessimistic about you loud mouthed "born-against" Christians.
You are the hunger beaten Christian who is running to church for what you can get, hence there is redeeming trait in you that will make me want to join you lot.

I re-echo the words of the late Mahatma Ghandi (do you know him?) who said "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” You sir are a black mark on Christians past present and future.
I weep for you, because you are undoing all the good work of those who came before you to project the name of Christ. You are salt that has lost its taste and fit to be trodden under foot.
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by chuose2: 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2017
unmask:
so? What if Nigeria was islamized? It gives you opportunity to shine. Remember daniel shedrack meshack and abednego

Jesus forbid that angry
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by Edmanpumpin(m): 6:10pm On Jan 13, 2017
BushWickBill:

This slowpoke is still here wanking on my mention.

Carry on Sir Were. LoooooL
Re: Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 by kechywillz(m): 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
God help divide this country from dis wicked Islamic demons

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

"I Held Meetings With Snakes..." - Peterside Idah, ex-Eagles Goalkeeper! / RCCG Refused To Allow A Lady Enter Their Premises Due To Her Dressing (Video) / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.