Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? (1233 Views)

What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? / How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? / Why Your Car Still Pulls After Wheel Alignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? by Nobody: 3:04am On Jan 13, 2017
DON'T laugh at me, i just got a Golf iv variant, so is shaking me, lol.
Re: Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? by AK6464(m): 3:15am On Jan 13, 2017
I take that situation to be like menopause in women, chances of conceiving fall to 2%. Same way efficiency of call will elapse after, but wait o what is the benchmark self?
Re: Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? by Nobody: 3:25am On Jan 13, 2017
dancok:
I dont think that subscribes to vehicles used in Nigeria.
Some people have even diconnected the mileage cos its too high.
Bros use you car, if e knock, fix am continue.. Economy isnt favourable grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? by Whizpeter(m): 7:16am On Jan 13, 2017
Boss, look at those danfo buses on the road, do they move?
Shebi they can carry you to your destination?
Many of them have gone through a full cycle of usage multiple times...

Na naija you dey ooo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 13, 2017
Of course. When it reaches the maximum mileage, it will "Flip" or "Roll Over" and go back to reading 000,000.0 and start counting again. If you plan on selling the car or getting it registered, you need to remember that it has flipped and you need to add a "1" to the number.

For instance, if after rolling over, the odometer reads 000,047.6, you need to remember that it is really at 1,000,047.6km

There are no real limits to the mileage. As long as the vehicle is cared for, maintenance is properly done and it avoids accidents, the vehicle would still move even after decades.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 13, 2017
MsDelilah:
Of course. When it reaches the maximum mileage, it will "Flip" or "Roll Over" and go back to reading 000,000.0 and start counting again. If you plan on selling the car or getting it registered, you need to remember that it has flipped and you need to add a "1" to the number.

For instance, if after rolling over, the odometer reads 000,047.6, you need to remember that it is really at 1,000,047.6km

There are no real limits to the mileage. As long as the vehicle is cared for, maintenance is properly done and it avoids accidents, the vehicle would still move even after decades.
I never knew shocked I thought the car became no good when the mileage became too high
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 13, 2017
Mileage is the distance covered in a certain period of time (in miles). So, a car cannot finish its mileage as long as it's functional and hits the road. I guess you're talking about the one displayed on your dashboard via your odometer, then YES_ shiit rolls over when it reaches its benchmark.

We just have poor maintenance in Nigeria which makes it seem like an unachievable and unusual feat.

*Buy a good/reliable car or brand with longevity.
*Read your owner's manual and adhere to the instructions, recommended products and services therein.
*Don't cut cost in maintenance.
*Invest in a 'good' mechanic.
*Be proactive in repairs, never ignore noises and vibrations. Don't be doing I go repair am 'month end' or 'christmas'.
*Don't abuse the car from behind the wheels (i.e) don't drive like an agbero.

High mileage should be synonymous to old age ; so, you'll be stuck with a car riddled with outdated (safety) features.

Treat your golf well, and maybe, just maybe_ you'll find out yourself that 'a car can move when it finishes its mileage'.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? by mastro: 10:49am On Jan 13, 2017
dancok:

When the cars mileage finishes that's the end of the car, all functions will shut down, however if you keep feeding it petrol and you are lucky it may have a baby.

First time this was recorded in Nigeria was when a 230E gave birth to a 190E, hence the name baby benz,

5 Likes

Re: Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? by finofaya: 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2017
mastro:

When the cars mileage finishes that's the end of the car, all functions will shut down, however if you keep feeding it petrol and you are lucky it may have a baby.

First time this was recorded in Nigeria was when a 230E gave birth to a 190E, hence the name baby benz,

Chief Chief
Re: Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
mastro:

grin
Re: Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
mastro:

#Epic grin

(1) (Reply)

Avalon 06 Or 2012 Sonata Which Is Better? / Ford Escape 2005 Brainbox (ecu) Problems / Earn A Passive Income Of N20,000 Weekly Plus N40,000 Monthly With Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.