Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians (33404 Views)

It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians / ‘Anyone Caught Abusing The Naira Will Face Jail Terms’ – CBN Warns Nigerians / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by ChappyChase: 7:21am On Jan 13, 2017
MMM goonz go come for SECOND head now!
Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by Milichoco(f): 7:22am On Jan 13, 2017
What's there yeye business .. People are making money already trading the bitcoin ..
Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by BigAli1(m): 7:22am On Jan 13, 2017
This SEC or warreva,don't want Nigerians to progress, why should they say Bitcoin is a scam when everybody around the globe uses it,smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by okonja(m): 7:22am On Jan 13, 2017
Whoever wrote this completely ignorant of cryptocurrency...I know say na the MMM dey go take do example.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:24am On Jan 13, 2017
Ok sir tell them make they hear
Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by Truth234(m): 7:25am On Jan 13, 2017
dhardline:
Same thing happened to liberty reserve some years back and a lot of people around the world lost money in it. Nigerians should be extra careful of this things.

This is different from liberty reserve, but the issue is it is a payment system and not an investment in itself. The guys pushing it to Nigerians are marketing it as an investment opportunity, whereas it is just a crypto version of your naira. What determines its value is its acceptability and monetary policy of those nations that accept it.

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by JeffreyJames(m): 7:25am On Jan 13, 2017
This news is missleading......It should be "beware of Ponzi schemes promising to double your Bitcoins".. trading BTC is 100% legal anywhere in the world.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by sportskid(m): 7:27am On Jan 13, 2017
If Nigerian SEC thinks Bitcoins is a scam........I wonder what kind of people are there.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by KelvinC1(m): 7:29am On Jan 13, 2017
today na wash night... MMM cross ova, without carryover....

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by damola1: 7:29am On Jan 13, 2017
Beware of Naira o. It is an extremely dangerous currency that can ruin someone. in less than 18 months. Devalued over 200%.. one of the worst performers in the world... Gush.. Don't hold Naira!.. I mean.. $2000 is now 1M... Damn!.. This was 320k just 1.5years ago...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by ranson(m): 7:30am On Jan 13, 2017
The fact that Bitcoin operation is not backed by any government regulations anywhere in the world as always claim by its promoter could make the currency go either ways. Investors should be more careful. Though many people are making fortune from Bitcoin at moment, but my fear is that when it becomes all comers affair, hope the auto regulations being enjoyed by Bitcoin now will be able to stand the pressure?
Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by ArabMopol(m): 7:31am On Jan 13, 2017
then make things easier for us assholes
Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by jeftalene(m): 7:35am On Jan 13, 2017
Lol

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by Kizyte(m): 7:36am On Jan 13, 2017
hobermener:
Bitcoin na mmm junior brother grin grin
Illiteracy is a disease.

13 Likes

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 13, 2017
What I understood was that the companies that endorse bitcions aren't regulated and hence it's risky.
Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by rhektor(m): 7:38am On Jan 13, 2017
When will Buhari launch his own coin?
grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by anyicash(m): 7:40am On Jan 13, 2017
Mugus full naija, it will soon rain and many will just go insane.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by psalmsjob: 7:40am On Jan 13, 2017
dhardline:
Same thing happened to liberty reserve some years back and a lot of people around the world lost money in it. Nigerians should be extra careful of this things.

E-gold too. All these HYIP has remodeled to Bitcoin investment programs but these new generation or internet users probably don't know about those things before.

Someone commented up there that government don't know new trend, I just laugh things like these have been before now.

There is no government in the whole world today that has adopted or approved Bitcoin as a trusted currency for its citizens at least from my last investigation about 4 months ago so if I'm wrong someone should correct me with proof not with insult please.

It's just a warning that you can ignore.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by modsfucker: 7:41am On Jan 13, 2017
I will tell Satoshi Nakamoto
Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 13, 2017
SEC, don't bother una sef, dem no go hear word grin

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by dallyemmy: 7:43am On Jan 13, 2017
How about Nigercoin?
Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by millhouse: 7:45am On Jan 13, 2017
Anything wey sec no dey collect commission inside them no like am.. What have they done to people that lost Billions in d capital market?

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by maxwell767(m): 7:46am On Jan 13, 2017
SEC bitcoin no be MMM take note pls.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by Mcanie: 7:46am On Jan 13, 2017
why are all these fraudulent schemes on the increase in the last two years? is it because of the bad economy, poverty or hunger?
Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by JeffreyJames(m): 7:47am On Jan 13, 2017
psalmsjob:

E-gold too. All these HYIP has remodeled to Bitcoin investment programs but these new generation or internet users probably don't know about those things before.

Someone commented up there that government don't know new trend, I just laugh things like these have been before now.

There is no government in the whole world today that has adopted or approved Bitcoin as a trusted currency for its citizens at least from my last investigation about 4 months ago so if I'm wrong someone should correct me with proof not with insult please.

It's just a warning that you can ignore.

It is used in most countries in Asia and some stores in the US are already accepting it as a means of payment.

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 13, 2017
ademasta:
SECcoin nko? So bitcoin is also a scam to SEC? Mtcheew

You av developed a serious comprehension problem.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by Vaxt(m): 7:48am On Jan 13, 2017
The day Nigerians will develop their reasoning I will call off biafra. Sec ko pri ni
Re: Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 13, 2017
ranson:
The fact that Bitcoin operation is not backed by any government regulations anywhere in the world as always claim by its promoter could make the currency go either ways. Investors should be more careful. Though many people are making fortune from Bitcoin at moment, but my fear is that when it becomes all comers affair, hope the auto regulations being enjoyed by Bitcoin now will be able to stand the pressure?

Na you get sense pass....May God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? / Dangote Refinery Rules Out 2020, As Refinery Gets New Date / Virtual Sports Betting Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.