Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:06 PM

Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now (22004 Views)

Kukah Warns Against ‘anti-fulani’ Campaign / MURIC Rejects Bishop Kukah’s Almajiris Plan Of Training 10 Million Almajiris / Bishop Kukah: No President In World Can Be Irresponsible As Nigerian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by ijustdey: 7:00am On Jan 13, 2017
Matthew Kukah, Catholic arch-bishop of Sokoto diocese, says though he is an optimist, he has never “been as unsure about the future of this country as I am now.”

Speaking on Thursday at the launch of a book, ‘Religion and the making of Nigeria’, Kukah said Nigeria may not be able to stop killings because it has not been able to separate criminality from religion.

He also lamented that the Buhari administration had not been able to deliver on his promises.

“As a Nigerian and a citizen, I have always been an incurable optimist. But I have never been as unsure about the future of this country as I am now,” Kukah said.

“People say they are killing for religion, but intentions are not enough. As it is, we may never be able to prosecute anybody because we have not been able to separate criminality from religion. In Nigeria, we have a feeling that somehow, people can genuinely kill in the name of religion.

“I think that unless Nigeria as a country is prepared to make laws and ensure that all citizens live by same and be answerable by the same law, what we are witnessing is a symptom, not the disease. The creeping inequalities, the inability of this system to deliver has made us uncomfortable.

“The point, therefore, is not for us to keep praying. Should religion lead to the un-making of Nigeria? The answer is ‘No’. But the government of Nigeria should separate religion from politics and economics and let everybody make his claims.”

The 336-page book launched was written by Olufemi Vaughan, a professor for Africana Studies and History at Bowdoin College, in the US.

https://www.thecable.ng/kukah-ive-never-unsure-future-country-now

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by KINGwax007(m): 7:21am On Jan 13, 2017
So, wetin come concern us?

10 Likes

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by XXLDICK(m): 10:12am On Jan 13, 2017
Kukah, Jonathan's lapdog. You hated Buhari from the start so whatever your position is, I see it as sentimental

Nigeria should separate politics from religion

Why didn't you separate religion from politics when you used your altar as a platform for Jonathan's campaign.

Though the things you said are right but it only makes you a fucking hypocrite and a damn bigot

18 Likes

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by CACAWA(m): 10:12am On Jan 13, 2017
As MMM re-opens tomorrow, Lord we commit the players into your hands....we cover them with the....oops... I'm a Muslim, sorry. Bijahi ina-atayna...E se je-je, ahhhhh...Allahuma, <<Ameen>> ....in short ehn, for further spiritual backing, call our hotline, 0700-419-1-419-2

4 Likes

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by idupaul: 10:13am On Jan 13, 2017
We are all responsible
Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by WRAKE(m): 10:13am On Jan 13, 2017
idupaul:
We are all responsible
You dont need to be sure.
Everyone must be responsible for what happen,

Nigerians must be responsible for what happen to us,

We are Responsible...
We will take out the irresponsible ones ✔
Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by DrOluwatobhy(m): 10:13am On Jan 13, 2017
I have never been unsure over the future of MMM than i am nw.

11 Likes

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by udumosam23(m): 10:13am On Jan 13, 2017
Looks like religious leaders now support that the country should be divided for good. First it was CAN, then winners GO, now kukah apart from other renown MOGs.

Suddenly they realize we only have two cheeks, if you slap one and we turn the other and you slap it, there is none to turn again. The passivity of Christians during crises has been the major reason these animals won't think twice before they slaughter Christians in the north.

I have said it before, if you hurt me, I'll forgive you. But if my life is threatened or that of my family, I wouldn't mind picking up arms to defend myself, I'll not just kill you if it comes to that, I'll kill all your kinds that are a potential threat to live. I have the right to live as every other person.

If the muslims are hell bent on making this country terrible for the Christians, its high time we prove to them we have a choice. We aren't taking this shit any more.

If the govt has also proven that our lives are no better that the Fulani cows, then its high time we think of defending ourselves.

There is no need been hypocritical about this, if you want to do your Muslim agenda, divide this country now, but as long as this country remain one Nigeria, I have the constitutional right to live and practice my religion at any part of it.

This nonsense must stop.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by 9jayes: 10:13am On Jan 13, 2017
me too

1 Like

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by brownlord: 10:14am On Jan 13, 2017
He was among the people that foisted this government on Nigerians, he just got shortCHANGED by the change government.

1 Like

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by DrObum(m): 10:14am On Jan 13, 2017
Oga, declare your interest properly and join our Wailing team nah

We deserve a better country!

5 Likes

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by blaise00700(m): 10:14am On Jan 13, 2017
Where there's life there's hope cool !

2 Likes

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by tysontim(m): 10:14am On Jan 13, 2017
Na WA o
Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by olaolulazio(m): 10:14am On Jan 13, 2017
Freedom of speech is allowed!!!

Freedom after speech is what I can't guarantee.

3 Likes

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by arsenic33(m): 10:14am On Jan 13, 2017
The future is bright

1 Like

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by NNVanguard(m): 10:15am On Jan 13, 2017
“I think that unless Nigeria as a country is prepared to make laws and ensure that all citizens live by same and be answerable by the same law, what we are witnessing is a symptom, not the disease. The creeping inequalities, the inability of this system to deliver has made us uncomfortable.

I rest my case

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by c4tnoelz: 10:15am On Jan 13, 2017
our case is different, no matter what our faith will not fail because God will proof Himself in our lives.
Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by Henrolla(m): 10:15am On Jan 13, 2017
But we still have to keep hoping it gets better.

thank God hope is really cheap that everyone cqn afford it
Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 10:15am On Jan 13, 2017
Can you Imagine! Those that suppose to give us hope

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by Abduljohn(m): 10:15am On Jan 13, 2017
That your personal opinion not of God because i believe in the God i serve and Will never fail though religion killings are not justifiable but our religious institutions needs to preach and emphasise on religious tolerance and avoid statements that can stair up the system

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by Mrsugerre: 10:16am On Jan 13, 2017
U a mouth piece of God.... Please give us hope and don't make us loose hope...

1 Like

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by DozieInc(m): 10:16am On Jan 13, 2017
XXLDICK:
Kukah, Jonathan's lapdog. You hated Buhari from the start so whatever your position is, I see it as sentimental

Nigeria should separate politics from religion

Why didn't you separate religion from politics when you used your altar as a platform for Jonathan's campaign.

Though the things you said are right but it only makes you a fucking hypocrite and a damn bigot
In summary -prosecute those who kill in the name of religion, criminality is not the same as religion.
How is that hypocrisy?

7 Likes

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by angelo5uk(m): 10:16am On Jan 13, 2017
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by Rozaystunna(m): 10:17am On Jan 13, 2017
Ok

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by WRAKE(m): 10:17am On Jan 13, 2017
idupaul:
We are all responsible
You dont need to be sure.
Everyone must be responsible for what happen,

Nigerians must be responsible for what happen to us,

We are Responsible...
We will take out the irresponsible ones ✔
Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by IykeChukz(m): 10:17am On Jan 13, 2017
Please call a spade but it name...

Nigeria id divided along religious lines...

And I support Pa Adeboye...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by Akinz0126(m): 10:18am On Jan 13, 2017
Lobatan
Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 13, 2017
ok
Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by Wishaky(f): 10:18am On Jan 13, 2017
Itumo??
Re: Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now by wizsolzy(m): 10:20am On Jan 13, 2017
Hmmmmm. I dnt think I give a fvck...

Meanwhile in Ota farm a baby was seen doing dis

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prophet Sunday Michael Accused Of Ritual. Ondo Cherubim & Seraphim Church Sealed / Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? / Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.