Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks (7507 Views)

Startimes Classic Vs Gotv Plus / Current Startimes Vs Gotv Which Would You Recommend? / Gotv Vs Startimes:which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 13, 2017
My fellow nairalanders, pls which of these cable networks would be more preferable for period like this with an affordable subscription, also with great viewing channels. Please your comments are very welcome.
Gotv
Startimes
Ctl
Metro digital
Mytv
Etc

Lalasticlala pls help move it to FP for wider opinion

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by ITbomb(m): 9:10am On Jan 13, 2017
Go for startimes
The mistake people make is that when they buy GoTV, they will be automatically given free premium channels for some months, they will be like GoTV is better than StarTimes

However when the free period expires and they want to go and pay, they will find out that to continue enjoying those channels you will be paying N1800 or 2400, they may try to pay the first or second time but after that na to abandon it for free to Air.

Startimes gives more value for N1200, if you doubt me compare GoTV N1200 bouquet vs Startimes N1200 bouquet.
More movies channels
Startimes has 6 kid channels, GoTV has 3
With Startimes you can watch your local stations with clear picture even when you don't have any subscription
Startimes customer care is more friendly and fast to respond.

Startimes has their own Telemundo channel but no ZeeWorld

Anyway if you have N2400 to waste every month go for GoTV

3 Likes

Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by Elxandre(m): 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2017
I am very interested in this.
More responses please.

Lalasticlala, can we ever get something informative on Nairaland for once? sad
Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 19, 2017
ITbomb:
Go for startimes
The mistake people make is that when they buy GoTV, they will be automatically given free premium channels for some months, they will be like GoTV is better than StarTimes

However when the free period expires and they want to go and pay, they will find out that to continue enjoying those channels you will be paying N1800 or 2400, they may try to pay the first or second time but after that na to abandon it for free to Air.

Startimes gives more value for N1200, if you doubt me compare GoTV N1200 bouquet vs Startimes N1200 bouquet.
More movies channels
Startimes has 6 kid channels, GoTV has 3
With Startimes you can watch your local stations with clear picture even when you don't have any subscription
Startimes customer care is more friendly and fast to respond.

Startimes has their own Telemundo channel but no ZeeWorld

Anyway if you have N2400 to waste every month go for GoTV
Star time is better. Gotv is always having signal issue

1 Like

Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by dihno4real(m): 11:36am On Jan 19, 2017
CTL.. happens to be the best among the listed options. both for affordable subscription and great viewing channels..

NOTE: gotv is meant for those that are nollywood and bollywood freak...so boring...
my subjective opinion though

2 Likes

Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by bozoforce: 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2017
startimes is expensive BS. get gotv.
Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by Bratking(m): 4:39pm On Jun 25, 2017
CTL is the best jare. Offers UCL and EPL matches and at an affordable rate too. The only thing be say the thing too dey crack at any slight rainfall.

1 Like

Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by bularvz: 4:57pm On Jun 25, 2017
Bratking:
CTL is the best jare. Offers UCL and EPL matches and at an affordable rate too. The only thing be say the thing too dey crack at any slight rainfall.

Is CTL available in Lagos and environs?
Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by Bratking(m): 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2017
bularvz:

Not sure, but it's available here in S/S. Also available in S/E.
Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by Bratking(m): 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2017
bularvz:

Not sure, but it's available here in S/S. Also available in S/E.

1 Like

Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by VTPASS: 11:03am On Aug 21, 2017
GOtv payment now made easy with these steps below:

1. Log on to https://www.vtpass.com/gotv

2. Select the bouquet option of your choice

3. Enter your GOtv card number

4. Pay.
Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by sunyleeone: 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2018
GoTV through their mother company DSTV has the worst customer care and they always have issues with payment. You will make payment get debited and get alert from them yet they will claim they did not get your payment and if you ask again they will sub your and continue to snub you. Stay away from both GoTV and DSTV
Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by sunyleeone: 9:31pm On Dec 13, 2018
VTPASS:
GOtv payment now made easy with these steps below:

1. Log on to https://www.vtpass.com/gotv

2. Select the bouquet option of your choice

3. Enter your GOtv card number

4. Pay.

GoTV through their mother company DSTV has the worst customer care and they always have issues with payment. You will make payment get debited and get alert from them yet they will claim they did not get your payment and if you ask again they will sub your and continue to snub you. Stay away from both GoTV and DSTV.

I had horrible experience with GoTV and their useless customer care
Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by rapheal5(m): 11:23pm On Feb 27, 2019
How do i specify my gotv remote among other gotv remote Cuz this has been causing serious issue between me and my neighbor
Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 28, 2019
dihno4real:
CTL.. happens to be the best among the listed options. both for affordable subscription and great viewing channels..

NOTE: gotv is meant for those that are nollywood and bollywood freak...so boring...
my subjective opinion though
Not true.
Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
sunyleeone:
GoTV through their mother company DSTV has the worst customer care and they always have issues with payment. You will make payment get debited and get alert from them yet they will claim they did not get your payment and if you ask again they will sub your and continue to snub you. Stay away from both GoTV and DSTV
Contact your bank or other third parties to resolve issues
Re: Ctl Vs Gotv Vs Startimes Vs Mytv, Metro, And Other Cable Networks by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
rapheal5:
How do i specify my gotv remote among other gotv remote Cuz this has been causing serious issue between me and my neighbor
If I get you correctly you asked how would you differentiate your gotv remote from others? Mark your remote control. Dstv and gotv remote can be used simultaneously although they may be exceptions

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Money Heist TV Series / Fans Of The Dance Crew / National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.