Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,914 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) (48203 Views)

Crude Oil Discovered In Lagos: It Is Almost Two Years Now, Where Is The Oil? / APC Chieftain, Others Defect To The PDP In Apa Council Area Of Benue State / Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by broseme: 10:42am On Jan 13, 2017
EXPERTS VISIT OIL WELLS SITE AT OKWUJI AGAIN.

The Sole Administrator of Apa Local Government Council Chief Hon. Solomon Oche Danjuma received experts again from Abuja to ascertain the quantity of oil deposits at the site.

After thorough investigation, the engineers discovered that the oil deposits is of commercial quantity but they will still go to Abuja to come back with more experts to open the sealed abandoned oil wells.

A villager Mr Francis Akogwu who worked with the oil company narrated that oil was truly discovered in the place in the 1960s but the whites left because of the civil war that broke out then.

Mr Akogwu said the whites drilled as deep as 14,000ft before they discovered the oil deposits, he also said the whites told them as at that time that the oil deposits is very large and of commercial quantity as it extends to Asaba in Ojantele/Akpete ward, extends to Okpoo in Ikobi Ward and also extends to the large palm trees orchard between Ankpali and Ebugodo in Edikwu Ward II all of Apa Local Government Council.

The villager also gave the name of the oil company as FOREX OIL DRILLING COMPANY and was able to remember the names of two whites then as Raphael and Rusell while over all man was Mr Tu Pusser who always visited them with helicopter.

On his part, the Sole Administrator of Apa LG Chief Hon Solomon Oche Danjuma thanked the experts for always honouring his invitation and also informed them that he always ready to support and meet their demands to ensure the exploration of oil in Apa LG, he charged the host community to always guide the site as no one is permitted to visit the site except they receive instruction from the Council.

Credit: Shaibu Adamu

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/oil-discovered-in-apa-local-govtbenue.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by broseme: 10:43am On Jan 13, 2017

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by broseme: 10:43am On Jan 13, 2017
broseme:
More
more

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by Mujaheeeden: 10:48am On Jan 13, 2017
Where is the Oil?

Drill head is now Oil

20 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by KahlDrogo(m): 10:58am On Jan 13, 2017
Time to start fighting and bombing. Oil seems to be a curse to us in this country.

13 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by NaMeAboki: 10:59am On Jan 13, 2017
Predicted and much anticipated, there is also recent confirmation that the find in Borno, at Gajigana, is of commercial quantity (photo below); awaiting also Sokoto and Niger State to follow, soon some ppl will be calling themselves parasites.
Congratulations to Benue State.

31 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by Sibrah: 11:06am On Jan 13, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 13, 2017
Ha, everybody sha won collect from derivation account.

Well, it's good, all those Niger Delta boys go let us rest

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by idupaul: 11:09am On Jan 13, 2017
The Benue trough possesses the largest unproven deposits of fossil fuels in Africa , this has been a known fact since 1979

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by Justiyke4u: 11:10am On Jan 13, 2017
Good but we need to shift from oil
Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by superstar1(m): 11:13am On Jan 13, 2017
Congratulations to Benue people. We the good people of Oduduwa land rejoice at your discovery of the blessing God bestowed on the land your ancestors bequeathed to you.

We also welcome you into the league of oil producing states just like our Lagos and Ondo. The more the merrier.

Mark my words some bad belle people, haters and association of bad wishers might tell you your oil discovery is a lie. Do not mind them, they can only feel bad there is nothing they can do to whom God has chosen to bless.

Some renowned worldwide developers will soon come around to tell you a phantom story of how they developed your land and they are the owners of your land, do not mind them too. Just know your history and no where you forefathers' land starts and ends.

Just remember i prophesied before hand that they will surely come with their doubting and cynical minds. DO not be angry with them, just pray for God to make them repent from their cursed evil ways.

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by iluvdonjazzy: 11:34am On Jan 13, 2017
with this, u ll kn the whole nigeria is blessed with oil, God bless us wit a great and wonderful land but allow the devil to choose its leadership.

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by WorldRichest: 11:40am On Jan 13, 2017
Very very soon, Niger Delta miscreants will start hawking their oyel in Lagos holdups like Gala and LaCasera.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by Eastactivist: 11:43am On Jan 13, 2017
Is akogwu not an Igbo name. Someone correct me here.

Modified***
Idomas speaks idomoid language which is related or similar to the Igboid language.

So frustrated over ambitious niggas whose level of frustration has risen bc of my inquisitive post should now free me Abeg.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by MrGreenMavro: 11:49am On Jan 13, 2017
smiley
Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by XXLDICK(m): 11:49am On Jan 13, 2017
Good news cool cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by Mechette(m): 11:50am On Jan 13, 2017
Na so
Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by veacea: 11:50am On Jan 13, 2017
Some people won't be happy ooooo

4 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by wristbangle: 11:50am On Jan 13, 2017
But where is the picture of the oil nau? sad

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by NNVanguard(m): 11:50am On Jan 13, 2017
Civil war begins in benue
Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by Shiifi(m): 11:50am On Jan 13, 2017
Ok
Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by explorer250(m): 11:50am On Jan 13, 2017
Eastactivist:

might be igbo speaking part of benue

solbil:

you guys and your claiming of other people and territories!

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PART OF BENUE WHERE THEY SPEAK IGBO, FACT! I am sure you are refering to the Utonkon people and those people would swear that they are not Igbo. They don't even speak anything close to Igbo!

your foolishness will always find you out. stop being sentimental but strive to learn new fact. emotions are no competitors of facts

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://thenationonlineng.net/agony-igbos-benue/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjYxMb927_RAhXCuhoKHSWmBNoQFggVMAQ&usg=AFQjCNG8NLcwFSVcA23XGb7tLjoxYCc6gg

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benue_State&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjYxMb927_RAhXCuhoKHSWmBNoQFggTMAM&usg=AFQjCNH2P21wZIL4J6sWIDkfBmmldmjXrA

People and culture
The state is populated by several ethnic groups: Tiv, Idoma , Igede, Etulo , Abakpa, Jukun, Hausa , Igbo , Akweya and Nyifon. The Tiv are the dominant ethnic group, occupying 14 local government are

solbil:

isn't it a onder that me, a foolish person as you call me, can think better than you, a 'wise' person?

The Only people NATIVE TO benue among those you mentioned are the Tiv, Etilo, Idoma and Igede, PERIOD! The Jukun only live in that area because they are people with a close cultural connection to rivers and anywater body. They are also good swimmers. The like of Igbo and Hausa are only living in Benue, never indegenes.

Yes, there is a Hausa quaters in Otukpo and i think MKD too, but they have them there as settlers, pure and simple! The Igbo presence in Benue is not different from the Igbo presence in Oyo, Ekiti, Sokoto and J'bourg, fact!

I still ask the same question again: WHAT LG IN BENUE ARE THE IGBO AND THE HAUSA INDEGENOUS TO? IF YOU CANNOT ANSWER IT, THEN SHAME UNTO YOU! YOU Igbos NEED TO GROW SOME SORT OF SELF ESTEEM AND BECOME MORE CONFIDENT IN YOUR OWN SKIN AND IN YOUR OWN 41000sqkm. YOU DON'T HAVE TO OWN THIS WORLD TO BE A GREAT MAN, SO STOP CLAIMING WHATS NOT YOURS!

And next time, you should provide a more credible link to back up your point, not some hungry website which clearly confirms against your assertion that there are 14 LGs to the Tiv and 9LGs to Idoma and Igede. Out of those 9LGs in zone C, Obi and Oju are for the Igede.

Benue has 23LGs. If 14 goes to the Tiv and Etilo and 9 goes to Idoma and Igede, then tell me which other LG is left for your ficticious IPOB to claim!

this boy you are practically foolish. so why wasn't Yoruba, kanuri ijaw etc mentioned in the article or are there no such ethnic groups residing in Benue? the mentioned people are indigenous just like there a few indigenous igalas in anambra but they can't be given a local government of their own because of their small population. so the nation is no longer a reputable news media? may God have mercy on your soul.

http://thenationonlineng.net/agony-igbos-benue/

. Being of the Igbo stock, their soul is in the Southeast, but their bodies and homes are in Benue State, in the Northcentral. That is not all. In Benue, where they are quartered, more for political considerations than for cultural reaons, they lament their lack: no roads, no water, hardly any sign of modern life.
They are Igbos of the Ezza, Izzi and Effium stock. Their kith and kin are in other parts of the Southeast, particularly Ebonyi State. They claim they are not fewer than one million scattered in four local governments of Benue State. And for close to 50 years since they were excised from their kinsmen, they have been living primitive lives.
Their pathetic plight is that the authorities in Benue, from the state to the local governments, have not seen them as part of the state ostensibly because they speak Igbo. On the other hand, the Ebonyi State government where they should have rightly belonged is helpless as they are not under its area of administration and authority.
The people allege that since their inclusion into Benue State they have not felt any government presence. None of their people were considered for employment in any of the two tiers of government. Indeed, in their lamentation, they are not in the scheme of things as far as government business is concerned in Benue.

In Nweke’s words: “The Igbos in Benue State particularly those in Ado, Oju, Obi and Okpoku LGAs of the state were in existence before the advent of Christian religion in Nigeria.

The Igbo found in Benue are: Umuezeokoha, Umuezeoka, Oriuzor, Umuoghara, Amaekka and Amaezekwe all in Ezza communities, Izzi, Ezzamgbo and Effium, these are the people who would have been in present-day Ebonyi State but due for the fact that the Nigerian government then carved us into Benue in order to use our population to suppress our Eastern population. Apart from the Ezza-speaking clan, particularly the people of Umuezeokoha that has over 300 villages, if you are to calculate the number of Igbo-speaking villages, you find out that we are more than 600 villages because three of the biggest markets in our area are all in the Igbo-speaking part.
The markets are as follows: Inikiri Ichari, Iddah, Iduokpe.

boy I have presented you with a Wikipedia source and thenationonline source. so if you must argue do that with verifiable facts and not out of sentiments or emotions

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by voicelez: 11:51am On Jan 13, 2017
I hope its not one bottle of oil like some states that I know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by 9jayes: 11:51am On Jan 13, 2017
People deceiving people
Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by martineverest(m): 11:51am On Jan 13, 2017
watchhow ipob,who have constantly classified benue as a northern state,will now call benue an eastern state after oil have been discovered in ibo speaking part of benue

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by mccoy47(m): 11:51am On Jan 13, 2017
Eastactivist:

I know ryt?

It's part of biafra land angry

31 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by Barrywilly(m): 11:51am On Jan 13, 2017
Bad news for the nija delta pipu

2 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by jamex93(m): 11:52am On Jan 13, 2017
Who dem epp

Abeg make I go check my mmm jor
Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by mccoy47(m): 11:52am On Jan 13, 2017
I tot wen oil is discovered in large quantities the pressure of the oil below pishs it up atleast for the 1st few weeks.
Geologist pls enlighten me
Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by Nigeriatraining: 11:52am On Jan 13, 2017
Abegiii!!

Political campaign!
Re: Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) by martineverest(m): 11:54am On Jan 13, 2017
veacea:
Some people won't be happy ooooo
dey will be happy and claim benue is now an ipob state after the ibo speaking part now have oil

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governorship Tussle: Tanko Muhammad storms out of Supreme Court / NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted / Former NBA Chairman, Olumide Akpata Joins Labour Party (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.