Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? (2706 Views)

Excitement After Mad Man Known As Pastor Is Reportedly Healed In Ekiti. Photos / "I Was In The Same Taxi With My Aunt Who Died Years Ago" - South African Lady / Six Common Things Church Camera Men Are Known For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 9:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

In 200 years people will ask what is Fax.

We keep on evolving, and discovering new things and new uses of things known before.
The creator could only communicate with people of then at their level of understanding

God is a God of orderliness, and does things in stages.
This is an outrageous excuse. There is absolutely no stage in human cognition where the understanding of what clay is has transmogrified to hydro-carbons. To claim humans are made from clay is patently bogus and cannot be called scientific in the remotest sense of that word, as was claimed by the OP.
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2017
onetrack:

I find it funny when Muslims emphasize the fact that Muhammad was illiterate (of course, it's possible that he wasn't). Being illiterate does not mean that he was stupid, deaf, blind, or not well traveled. Illiterate people also have very good memories to compensate for their illiteracy.

Exactly!
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

This is an outrageous excuse. There is absolutely no stage in human cognition where the understanding of what clay is has transmogrified to hydro-carbons. To claim humans are made from clay is patently bogus and cannot be called scientific in the remotest sense of that word, as was claimed by the OP.

Humans are made from earth materials.
Earth materials equal clay to people of those days

2 Likes

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 8:29am On Jan 15, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Humans are made from earth materials.
Earth materials equal clay to people of those days
Stupid! I dare you to mention what earth material humans are made of that was known as clay?

I hope the readers are paying attention to how that verse has slowly transformed from a miracle of 1400 years ago into an excusable, ignorance reinforcing synonym for oxygen, hydrogen and carbon. Apparently, god, the creator of everything, found humans mischaracterising its creation; and instead of correcting the colossal misunderstanding, god thought it a better idea to play along and promote that ignorance because humans weren't capable of understanding anything. Interestingly, whenever god found humans worshiping one other than itself due to the same "mental limitations", it didn't blame that on their mental capacity and play along, no, it struck them with all kinds of calamities instead...isn't god wonderful?

3 Likes

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by plappville(f): 9:37am On Jan 15, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:
I concur that Mohammed was an illiterate.

Thats why he said the world is flat.

Qur'an 2:22
[allah] who made for you the earth a bed [spread out]

While those who are led of God said that the earth is round.

Isaiah 40:22
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth.

So yes only an illiterate will say the earth is flat

GBAM... cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:01pm On Jan 15, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
Stupid! I dare you to mention what earth material humans are made of that was known as clay?

I hope the readers are paying attention to how that verse has slowly transformed from a miracle of 1400 years ago into an excusable, ignorance reinforcing synonym for oxygen, hydrogen and carbon. Apparently, god, the creator of everything, found humans mischaracterising its creation; and instead of correcting the colossal misunderstanding, god thought it a better idea to play along and promote that ignorance because humans weren't capable of understanding anything. Interestingly, whenever god found humans worshiping one other than itself due to the same "mental limitations", it didn't blame that on their mental capacity and play along, no, it struck them with all kinds of calamities instead...isn't god wonderful?

When was phosphorus, calcium, copper known to be what they are today. When did we discover the atom.
The Hyman brain and humanity is evolvoving.

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:03pm On Jan 15, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

When was phosphorus, calcium, copper known to be what they are today. When did we discover the atom.
The Human brain and humanity is evolvoving.
I maintain people were communicated to based on their level of understanding then.

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 12:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

The Hyman brain and humanity is evolvoving.

Yes, agreed! This is why the contents of your holy book reflect the same level of ignorance that man possessed 1400 - 2000 years ago! Isn't it then blindingly obvious to you that your holy book was written by ignorant men who didn't know better, not an all-knowing god as you are wont to claim?
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

Yes, agreed! This is why the contents of your holy book reflect the same level of ignorance that man possessed 1400 - 2000 years ago! Isn't it then blindingly obvious to you that your holy book was written by ignorant men who didn't know better, not an all-knowing god as you are wont to claim?

I have said the Bible stands for a lot of things.
It was written under inspiration from the Holy spirit.
If it was written recently , a lot of terminology used then won't be used now
When looking at the Bible, we look at the Historical, cultural , moral ,spiritual angle amongst many other things.
The Old testament was written mainly for the Jews in preparation for the Messiah, most terms used then were for people of those days.

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

I have said the Bible stands for a lot of things.
It was written under inspiration from the Holy spirit.
If it was written recently , a lot of terminology used then won't be used now
When looking at the Bible, we look at the Historical, cultural , moral ,spiritual angle amongst many other things.
The Old testament was written mainly for the Jews in preparation for the Messiah, most terms used then were for people of those days.
So do you or do you not acknowledge that the claim that man was created from clay is nonsensical in today's terminology; particularly when it is claimed to be scientifically accurate?
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

So do you or do you not acknowledge that the claim that man was created from clay is nonsensical in today's terminology; particularly when it is claimed to be scientifically accurate?

No, the bible said from dust I formed you, from dust you shall return.
Dust could mean a lot of things.
Like I told you, sectuons of the Holy book could be for historical or moral purposes amidst others, choose which one favours you

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 2:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

No, the bible said from dust I formed you, from dust you shall return.
Dust could mean a lot of things.
Like I told you, sectuons of the Holy book could be for historical or moral purposes amidst others, choose which one favours you

I'm not even sure why you're having this conversation with me.

Is dust the same thing as clay to you?
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

I'm not even sure why you're having this conversation with me.

Is dust the same thing as clay to you?
To the people of those days it meant same,
A lot of things are lost in translation.

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

To the people of those days it meant same,
A lot of things are lost in translation.

You're wantonly ignorant my friend.

1 Like

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by damesilver(m): 9:22am On Jan 16, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

You're wantonly ignorant my friend.

Dear sir, (AgentofAllah) I want to make a humble request.
Well in the first place I was drawn to your moniker by your amazing command of English.

I decided to begin to read all that you have written on this forum; now, I'm on page 6, although I scanned through some, I read some in detail. I must say I really enjoy reading your responses to questions.

I mentioned your post here so that you can receive this message on time.

You have demonstrated beyond doubt that you have a PhD in physics. If you don't mind I want to humbly request that you examine a book I think provides answers to questions of life and existence.

Please don't mind that a small boy like myself makes you a request. I think that you are a seeker of true knowledge and you are an open person with an intellectual ability to investigate.

You might have come across the work 'In The Light of Truth, The Grail Message'. I would sincerely want to know your view of what the book contains. Please, if you can, study it from cover to cover and the lectures in their order of sequence.

Thank you.
Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by AgentOfAllah: 1:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
damesilver:

I decided to begin to read all that you have written on this forum; now, I'm on page 6, although I scanned through some, I read some in detail. I must say I really enjoy reading your responses to questions.
Wow, that's incredible dedication. I feel honoured!

If you don't mind I want to humbly request that you examine a book I think provides answers to questions of life and existence.

Please don't mind that a small boy like myself makes you a request. I think that you are a seeker of true knowledge and you are an open person with an intellectual ability to investigate.
Knowledge is no respecter of position, size or age, so I have no problem learning from anybody.

You might have come across the work 'In The Light of Truth, The Grail Message'. I would sincerely want to know your view of what the book contains. Please, if you can, study it from cover to cover and the lectures in their order of sequence.

Thank you.
Yes, I have known about 'The Grail Message' since I was in high school, through my physics teacher who was (I'm not sure if he still is) a grail messenger. Although, I admit not having read the book cover to cover, I wish to respectfully decline committing myself to it at the moment; partly because I am in the middle of several books and writing a paper; but especially because I am usually deeply skeptical about any book that is advertised as a collection of "answers to questions of life and existence". Lest you wonder whence comes my skepticism: It is simply from a principle of mine in which every individual is a quantum of consciousness. We are all modulated, no doubt, by many shared external stimuli, but ultimately, the pathways that provide interpretations and meanings to our shared experiences are fundamentally unique for each individual, much like the pathways that lead to each snow flake's pattern is fundamentally unique. This, to me, means that there are as many answers to the questions of life and existence as there are people. Nevertheless, if you find any particularly interesting content of the book that you wish us to discuss, I will be happy to have such a discussion with you; without committing to the whole text.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? by damesilver(m): 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
Wow, that's incredible dedication. I feel honoured!
Knowledge is no respecter of position, size or age, so I have no problem learning from anybody.

Yes, I have known about 'The Grail Message' since I was in high school, through my physics teacher who was (I'm not sure if he still is) a grail messenger. Although, I admit not having read the book cover to cover, I wish to respectfully decline committing myself to it at the moment; partly because I am in the middle of several books and writing a paper; but especially because I am usually deeply skeptical about any book that is advertised as a collection of "answers to questions of life and existence". Lest you wonder whence comes my skepticism: It is simply from a principle of mine in which every individual is a quantum of consciousness. We are all modulated, no doubt, by many shared external stimuli, but ultimately, the pathways that provide interpretations and meanings to our shared experiences are fundamentally unique for each individual, much like the pathways that lead to each snow flake's pattern is fundamentally unique. This, to me, means that there are as many answers to the questions of life and existence as there are people. Nevertheless, if you find any particularly interesting content of the book that you wish us to discuss, I will be happy to have such a discussion with you; without committing to the whole text.

Thanks very much sir for your response. I have nothing else to offer you more than that. Best wishes in your endeavor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Origin Of Freemasonry Is North Africa Sex Worship And Human Sacrifice / A Queen In Heaven? / Myles Monroe , Wife And Daughter DEAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.