Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,777 members, 7,802,385 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It (1904 Views)

Biblical Reply To A Thread: The Reason Why I Left Christianity / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / These Are The Reasons Why I Left Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 13, 2017
I was born and raised by a 'Deeper Life' kind of family. One day in a semblance of a dream, a voice said, "You will lead many to God in Winners Chapel. I told my mum immediately that I wanted to join Winners Chapel that day, and she agreed without any argument in the slightest. Mum had always held me in high esteem when it comes to spiritual things, that's why I was not surprised. That was in 2005. I joined the church and met the pastor in charge of the Iwo branch then.

"Five fold ministry is in your way," he said.

Matter of fact is that I know the Scriptures up and down; my power of oratory is unrivalled because I have that kinda voice while ministering that holds everyone in my presence spell bound. I started the preparation immediately. But the church said I must have a degree first before joining the ministry.

My mother was selling banana. So no way she could sponsor my university education. By faith, I wrote UTME, passed, and was given a provisional admission into LAUTECH in 2006. Surprisingly, my mother died that same year. I prayed the grandiose litanies and other forms of prayer to avert the death. That was the first time I would confront the devil, and didn't win.

Again I prayed and asked God why He allowed my mother to die. The answer came that instant that my mother had to die just to pave way for my existence.

What a paradox! I thought.

I started applying for all manner of short term scholarships and won till I graduated in 2011. That 5 years were full of miracles. There was a time I was given a carryover in a course. I told everyone that for me to rewrite that course would be an abuse of redemption. The following year, the result was resent passed. I fell sick in 300 level the day we started 1st semester exam, and was going from hospital bed to exam hall throughout the exam...I had the best result ever since my admission that semester. One thing about me is that I don't attend classes despite losing marks on attendance. I would only buy handouts, leave the school and return for exams. Throughout my stay in LAUTECH, I never wrote more than 20 pages of lesson notes, and that was done when a lecturer assigned 30 marks to lecture notes.

I was in the ushering unit then. I was renowned for oratory then when I was giving testimonies on the altar. Another pastor told me about the ministry.

Note that since my 2nd year to final year, I was ravaged by typhoid and others. I had headache for 3 years despite other miracles. The headache stopped the day I graduated.

After my graduation, things became so bad that I was living from hand to mouth. To join the ministry, you have to complete 3 stages of WOFBI in Winners Chapel. There was no way I could afford that if what to eat was a problem, and I have to live in a bigger town for that, but I came from a village. Since the death of my mother, I had no where to stay in Iwo again.

I then renounced Christianity and got a good job the following month. That was a game changer. Since that time, I have been attacking Christianity. But during night visions, some spirits have endlessly canvassed for my return. If the Bible is infallible, I should not be pressured to return by any God. See these Scriptures....

"Jesus replied, "No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

If that statement is true, that means a living person has no chance of repentance.

I have insulted the Holy Spirit (If He truly exists) countless number of times. Remember the Bible says sin again Holy Spirit has no repentance. Ananias and Saphira died instantly: we may say in that case their sin had no option of repentance. In my case, I'm still alive, how do you explain that?

Why I Want To Return

Bishop Oyedepo has always been my hero. Whenever I hear about him, I think of a lost heritage.
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Phi001(m): 11:37am On Jan 13, 2017
If the thread reaches FP, I'll comment
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 13, 2017
I really don't get how people claim to have supernatural encounters and then backslide. Is it that the memory of those encounters vanish in the face of newer problems or those encounters were a mere 'chemical reaction in the brain' as the atheists usually put it?

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:09pm On Jan 13, 2017
God
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
God

Then, explain the statements below:

"Jesus replied, "No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

If that statement is true, that means a living person has no chance of repentance.

I have insulted the Holy Spirit (If He truly exists) countless number of times. Remember the Bible says sin again Holy Spirit has no repentance. Ananias and Saphira died instantly: we may say in that case their sin had no option of repentance. In my case, I'm still alive, how do you explain that?
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
B2Spirits:

Then, explain the statements below:

I am not God , so I can't judge you .

The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit does not exist in our time . It was for the Pharisees who condemned and accused Christ of being possessed with a demon .
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit does not exist in our time . It was for the Pharisees who condemned and accused Christ of being possessed with a demon .

Now you're making reasonable comments.
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:45pm On Jan 13, 2017
B2Spirits:

Now you're making reasonable comments.

Thank you .

So now we've gotten one misconception out , what other misconceptions do you have ? Maybe I can help or I can call the bosses to help
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by skeendyke: 5:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Hmmm. I respectfully disagree with you on this. You are a well-known theist on this section and intelligent, too, but the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not a time-specific concept. It has been in force and continues till the end of this age.

Today, a person may be guilty of this wrong as it was in the days of Jesus Christ.

The Op thinks he may have committed the unpardonable sin but I highly doubt that. His uncertainty stems from the fact that he really has no clue what constitutes the unpardonable sin. If he wants to return to Christ then he should do that without delay. That's my advice to him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
skeendyke:

Hmmm. I respectfully disagree with you on this. You are a well-known theist on this section and intelligent, too, but the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not a time-specific concept. It has been in force and continues till the end of this age.

Today, a person may be guilty of this wrong as it was in the days of Jesus Christ.

The Op thinks he may have committed the unpardonable sin but I highly doubt that. His uncertainty stems from the fact that he really has no clue what constitutes the unpardonable sin. If he wants to return to Christ then he should do that without delay. That's my advice to him.

Good point sir .

But take a look at this verse and tell me what you think

1 Timothy 1:13
13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
skeendyke:

Now explain this:

Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Thank you .

So now we've gotten one misconception out , what other misconceptions do you have ? Maybe I can help or I can call the bosses to help

Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by skeendyke: 7:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Good point sir .

But take a look at this verse and tell me what you think

1 Timothy 1:13
13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

The Apostle Paul used the word 'blasphemer' rightly because he used to speak against Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit and His Church before He was converted. He admitted that while he also stated that He did that only because He was sincerely ignorant. In effect, if he had known the truth he wouldn't have spoken against Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit.

The watchword here is 'ignorance'.

The good news is that Christians cannot blaspheme against the Holy Spirit. Why? The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an intentional act, a willfull sin that is not followed by any remorse or guilt on the part of the blasphemer. A person who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit knows what he is doing and refuses to acknowledge his wrong while he persists in it. This is not the case of the Apostle Paul.

The problem is that sinners commit this sin almost daily but their saving grace is the book of Acts 17:30 where the Apostle Paul said that God overlooks in the days of ignorance but that He commands all men to repent. Once ignorance is out of the way then the person becomes guilty if he or she does this willfully and continues in it while stubbornly refusing to repent. Such person has sealed his doom. If a person commits this sin willfully but feels remorseful or regrets and later repents the person has not committed the unpardonable sin. The person who commits this sin willfully but does not feel remorse or regret for their action and continues in it AS WELL AS refusing to repent of his action has committed the unpardonable sin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by pchukwudi: 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2017
The people whom Jesus tried to convict with that statement were exactly like Paul - ignorant pharisees. So if Jesus implied that the ignorant pharisees could not be forgiven for blashphemy, why then did Paul (an ignorant pharisee) get forgiven for the same offence of blashphemy?

My answer: That's a practical demonstration of grace.

God said "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy. And I will show compassion on whom I will show compassion". In other words, God is able to justify a wicked and ungodly person WITHOUT perverting justice. That's why he's called God. His ways are BEYOND searching out.

skeendyke:

The Apostle Paul used the word 'blasphemer' rightly because he used to speak against Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit and His Church before He was converted. He admitted that while he also stated that He did that only because He was sincerely ignorant. In effect, if he had known the truth he wouldn't have spoken against Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit.

The good news is that Christians cannot blaspheme against the Holy Spirit. Why? The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an intentional act, a willfull sin that is not followed by any remorse or guilt on the part of the blasphemer. A person who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit knows what he is doing and refuses to acknowledge his wrong while he persists in it. This is not the case of the Apostle Paul.

The problem is that sinners commit this sin almost daily but their saving grace is the book of Acts 17:30 where the Apostle Paul said that God overlooks in the days of ignorance but that He commands all men to repent. Once ignorance is out of the way then the person becomes guilty if he or she does this willfully and continues in it while stubbornly refusing to repent. Such person has sealed his doom. If a person commits this sin willfully but feels remorseful or regrets and later repents the person has not committed the unpardonable sin. The person who commits this sin willfully but does not feel remorse or regret for their action and continues in it AS WELL AS refusing to repent of his action has committed the unpardonable sin.
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
skeendyke:

Good points sir .

Let's start from the scratch :

1. Matthew 12:22-24

22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.
23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

1b Matthew 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

2. Mark 3 : 28-30

28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Christ healed so many people including the possessed ; and because of this , the Pharisees accused him of being possessed with Beelzebub the prince of the devils which is an unclean spirit . Christ was obviously doing those miracles through the Spirit of God in Him .

After they had accused Him , Christ declared that if one sins against the Son of Man it shall be forgiven ; if one blasphemes against the Holy Ghost , it will not be forgiven . That declaration was at that moment referring to the Pharisees and the Pharisees alone . They are the ones condemned to eternal damnation because they witnessed the miracle of Christ - God Himself- who was filled with the Holy Spirit yet blasphemed by calling the Holy Spirit an unclean spirit : they said the Holy Spirit was Beelzebub the prince of the devils . So at that moment , they explicitly rejected God's grace . And straight up , that very moment , they were condemned for forever .

But today, we can't witness Jesus performing miracles and casting demons and then accuse Him of working with an unclean spirit therefore the comeuppance for the sin- blasphemy against the Holy Spirit - does not have an effect on us :it does not exist today or it does not extend to us .

You might argue; what about Pastors ? Do you know how many Pastors you accused of working with the devil ? Or how many people casting out demons that you attributed their powers to Satan ? Can you see that if your claim that the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is true then accusing those who truly are filled with the Holy Spirit of being possessed with the devil can lead us to Hell without any leeway for mercy or forgiveness ? That means so many people are condemned already . shocked shocked

The thing is , since Pharisees accused Christ Himself filled with the Holy Spirit - the certainty was there - of being possessed with the unclean spirit , then they (Pharisees ) blasphemed and were condemned at that moment .'

This makes it clear :

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Christ right there , gave his reason why they were immediately condemned with no opportunity for pardon .

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Good points sir .

Let's start from the scratch :

1. Matthew 12:22-24

22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.
23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

1b Matthew 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

2. Mark 3 : 28-30

28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Christ healed so many people including the possessed ; and because of this , the Pharisees accused him of being possessed with Beelzebub the prince of the devils which is an unclean spirit . Christ was obviously doing those miracles through the Spirit of God in Him .

After they had accused Him , Christ declared that if one sins against the Son of Man it shall be forgiven ; if one blasphemes against the Holy Ghost , it will not be forgiven . That declaration was at that moment referring to the Pharisees and the Pharisees alone . They are the ones condemned to eternal damnation because they witnessed the miracle of Christ - God Himself- who was filled with the Holy Spirit yet blasphemed by calling the Holy Spirit an unclean spirit : they said the Holy Spirit was Beelzebub the prince of the devils . So at that moment , they explicitly rejected God's grace . And straight up , that very moment , they were condemned for forever .

But today, we can't witness Jesus performing miracles and casting demons and then accuse Him of working with an unclean spirit therefore the comeuppance for the sin- blasphemy against the Holy Spirit - does not have an effect on us :it does not exist today or it does not extend to us .

You might argue; what about Pastors ? Do you know how many Pastors you accused of working with the devil ? Or how many people casting out demons that you attributed their powers to Satan ? Can you see that if your claim that the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is true then accusing those who truly are filled with the Holy Spirit of being possessed with the devil can lead us to Hell without any leeway for mercy or forgiveness ? That means so many people are condemned already . shocked shocked

The thing is , since Pharisees accused Christ Himself filled with the Holy Spirit - the certainty was there - of being possessed with the unclean spirit , then they (Pharisees ) blasphemed and were condemned at that moment .'

This makes it clear :

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Christ right there , gave his reason why they were immediately condemned with no opportunity for pardon .

You seem grounded in the Scriptures than I thought. Why on earth will there be no repentance for a living person one would ask? I only had unexplained events while a Christian. I never saw the acts of the supernatural. One thing is forever certain: I believe in the existence of a Supreme God. But I have my reservations about God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit. Personally I love the Personality of the Spirit the way He is portrayed by the bible. In fact, Holy Spirit is who you have got to love the most in the 3 Persons of the Trinity. But why do the Spirit only manifest to me in visions only? What if other entities use the medium to pass errors? You would say I have to crosscheck any vision with the word. Then we should rely on words alone without visions.

In the semblance of a dream, if a spirit says "go to Abuja", how do you link this to " go to Damascus as was told to the man that prayed for Paul?

My final assumption is that I naturally have aura that repels spirits--no matter their realm or kingdoms. I met my grandparents who are occult masters to teach me some practices. After doing some initiating rites, all signs that should follow didn't come.

Then they called me to a closet and said, "you would have died if attacks long ago, but certain forces unknown to us got your back. We can't even afford to wrong you...it will boomerang..."

Now it looks as if I can't be attacked by magic, and can't use magic either.
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
It follows that if I can't wield physical manifestation of the supernatural, then no one shall be able to wield such manifestations against me either.
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2017
B2Spirits:

Now explain this:

Jesus knew that if he ( the man being referred to in the preceding verses ) returned home he would likely submit to the unbelieving relatives who would weep , reproach , ridicule and tempt him to give up such an idea (to follow Christ ) .

So that was Jesus' response through his prescience .
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by MrPresident1: 8:16am On Jan 14, 2017
B2Spirits:

Now explain this:

This verse is not talking to you. Return to God if you want to, He is waiting for your genuine repentance.
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 15, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Jesus knew that if he ( the man being referred to in the preceding verses ) returned home he would likely submit to the unbelieving relatives who would weep , reproach , ridicule and tempt him to give up such an idea (to follow Christ ) .

So that was Jesus' response through his prescience .

Anything that is not good is not from God. I prayed like never that God should heal my mother but He didn't. Is it God's will that she wasn't healed?

She was in severe pain for exactly 12 months. After about 4 months, I said in my prayer, "If it's your will that she won't survive this, let her die now...this pain is not even fit for animals..." But she was in that gory situation for 12 months.

As the overall women leader in her church, she spoke against a policy, and her pastor sermonised that his anointing will deal with her the same way Abiram and his company were swallowed by the earth. When mother died, he rejoiced.

When I left Christianity, I have repeatedly boasted that let anyone, pastor or occultist, tries attacking with whatever, anointing or ritual, and let us see if he will live to tell the story.
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by JackBizzle: 5:28am On Jan 15, 2017
Smoke and (hard) mirrors.

No one is buying this fake story
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by hopefulLandlord: 6:50am On Jan 15, 2017
JackBizzle:

yeah bro, account was crested November 27 2016, the day after almost all our Christian apologists got their accounts banned on the hardmirror thread and they all added 3 or more fake accounts tongue
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 15, 2017
JackBizzle:

Son, continue in the hallucinations.
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 15, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

yeah bro, account was crested November 27 2016, the day after almost all our Christian apologists got their accounts banned on the hardmirror thread and they all added 3 or more fake accounts tongue

Blind follower, how market? U no have something reasonable to say abi? Its understandable.
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Boss13: 9:16am On Jan 15, 2017
Mementoes:
I really don't get how people claim to have supernatural encounters and then backslide. Is it that the memory of those encounters vanish in the face of newer problems or those encounters were a mere 'chemical reaction in the brain' as the atheists usually put it?

So you are going to accept his story just like that - excuse me please!
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 15, 2017
Boss13:

So you are going to accept his story just like that - excuse me please!

gh
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 15, 2017
So ooooooo, you want to go back because of the Bishop? undecided Doesn't sound like a good reason to me? What of the God you would be claiming to serve? undecided
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 15, 2017
Muafrika2:
So ooooooo, you want to go back because of the Bishop? undecided Doesn't sound like a good reason to me? What of the God you would be claiming to serve? undecided

That's the only man I seen wielding the supernatural with faith. So it seems you can even perform wonders with faith alone without believing the Trinity...the Bible doesn't add up in some instances.
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 15, 2017
B2Spirits:

That's the only man I seen wielding the supernatural with faith. So it seems you can even perform wonders with faith alone without believing the Trinity...the Bible doesn't add up in some instances.
Miracles can have many sources too. Even the Bible admits that in revelation, and in the story of Moses. Is that what you want?
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by otemdomino: 9:50am On Jan 15, 2017
Keep on advertising WINNER'S CHAPEL. YOUR REWARD IS IN "HEAVEN" cheesy
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 15, 2017
Muafrika2:

Miracles can have many sources too. Even the Bible admits that in revelation, and in the story of Moses. Is that what you want?

So, how do we recognise miracles from authentic sources? Any entity too can cause a forest to burn without dry plants turning to ashes. What if demons were behind the earth swallowing up Abiram, Datham, and Koran?
Re: Why I Left Christianity And Why I Want To Go Back Into It by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 15, 2017
otemdomino:
Keep on advertising WINNER'S CHAPEL. YOUR REWARD IS IN "HEAVEN" cheesy

I read your UFO principles, they make sense die.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The False Prophet Coming In The End Times Is The Muslim Prophet Jesus? / Occult Power Live Demonstration (video) / Looking For A Church Not After Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.