Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:01 PM

What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? (6483 Views)

Reddit User:"I Know Islam Is A Lie, But I Don't Know How To Leave It" / 9 Habits Of The Prophet That Science Later Proved / Ways To Maintain The Good Habits You Picked During Ramadan: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by baba11(m): 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
Some days ago,i was in a state of while away time and this occur to me that: what has Islam made me to leave in accordance to what is expected of us.

Below are mine what about yours:

*Not listening to music.

*Do not drink alcohol.

*Do not smoke.

*Do not hand pictures of any form on the way.

e t c

And I am doing my best in being better in what is expected of us viz:

*Supplicating when going out or coming in toilet and house respectively.

*Praying compulsory and sunnatic prayers.

*Did not date.

*Be good to parents,family,friends and general people at large...e t c.

Allah says:

"O you men! surely We have created you of a male and a female, and made you tribes and families that you may know each other; surely the most honorable of you with Allah is the one among you most careful (of his duty); surely Allah is Knowing, Aware." (Al Hujuraat 49 : 13).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by idrisolaide(m): 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
Masturbation....

3 Likes

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by sosgrafix(m): 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
islam is the best

i design website graphics and blog

[url]okaytrend.com/sos[/url] my company site

1 Like

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by baba11(m): 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
When asked about the best of the believers, the Prophet replied, “They are those who have the best character and manners.
”(Sunan At-Tirmidhee: 1162; Sunan Abu Daawood: 4682)

In fact, the Qur’an uses the comprehensive Arabic word birr to refer to faith. As the Qur’an states, “Righteousness (birr) does not lie in turning your faces [during prayer] to the East or to the West. Rather, those with true devoutness are the ones who believe in Allah, the Last Day, the angels, the Book and the Prophets…”(Soorat Al-Baqarah, 2:177).

4 Likes

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
Lying, drinking and corruption.
Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by spyroxy1(m): 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
working... May Allah make me better. Kill me as a Muttaqeen, make my grave an interesting place, raise me among the Saliheen, and put me in Aljanah . ameen

3 Likes

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by baba11(m): 12:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
spyroxy1:
working... May Allah make me better. Kill me as a Muttaqeen, make my grave an interesting place, raise me among the Saliheen, and put me in Aljanah . ameen

Allahumo ameen.

1 Like

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by prettymina(f): 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
Islam has changed my motives about my dressing,speech,gaze,and most of all apologise even when am not wrong just to make peace rain.Islam has given alot .Alhamdulilah

3 Likes

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by bash4us(m): 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
I never drink liquor and i never smoke, all thanks to Islam despite temptations from all angles. Alhamdulillah. May Allah see me through to the end. ameen

1 Like

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by teebell999(m): 1:27pm On Jan 13, 2017
Drinking alcohol, fornication and Gambling. Masha'Allah, I'm now a happy man. Happy to be a Muslim!!!

1 Like

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by Origin(f): 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2017
Giving people the benefit of doubt, having a questioning mind, becoming a better listener, seeking knowledge(them say them say no dey pay).

This post has made me realize you should never use a person's behavior to judge the religion. One is there to improve the other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
I would have said drinking, but I don't think I would have been an alcohol person even without Islam. I hate bitter things.

1 Like

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 13, 2017
Islam made me leave

Listening to music ( wasn't much of a listener anyways but occasionally).
Cursing/ abusing

It also

Made me control my anger and not get angry easily (alhamdulliah, I REALLY struggled with this before).
Made me open my heart to people and make excuses for them.
Made me be mindful of what I said.
Made me more focused in life.
Made me more forgiving
Improve my relationship with my family( extended family inclusive).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by olasco234(m): 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
1. masturbating 2. listening to music 3. Bid'ah 4. shirk 5. gambling... e.t.c Alhamdulillah alanimatil islam

2 Likes

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by kazmanluv(m): 3:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
Alhamdulillah,,,,,,,Barks jummah
Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by baba11(m): 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2017
olasco234:
1. masturbating
2. listening to music
3. Bid'ah
4. shirk
5. gambling... e.t.c
Alhamdulillah alanimatil islam
Aliamdulilah.
Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by baba11(m): 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
snapscore:
Islam made me leave

Listening to music ( wasn't much of a listener anyways but occasionally).
Cursing/ abusing

It also

Made me control my anger and not get angry easily (alhamdulliah, I REALLY struggled with this before).
Made me open my heart to people and make excuses for them.
Made me be mindful of what I said.
Made me more focused in life.
Improve my relationship with my family( extended family inclusive).
Nice one.May it be better than this.Ameen..

1 Like

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by omosuper(m): 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
Fornication and Gambling
Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by omosuper(m): 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
Fornication and Gambling
Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by baba11(m): 3:22pm On Jan 13, 2017
Jarus:
I would have said drinking, but I don't think I would have been an alcohol person even without Islam. I hate bitter things.

Alliamdulilah for that.....Whatever Allah commands us to abstain from is for our own good.

1 Like

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by baba11(m): 3:25pm On Jan 13, 2017
Origin:
Giving people the benefit of doubt, having a questioning mind, becoming a better listener, seeking knowledge(them say them say no dey pay).

This post has made me realize you should never use a person's behavior to judge the religion. One is there to improve the other.
Religion and personality are two different entities respectively.Islam is bound to make us a better humanity both in this world and hereafter.
Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by baba11(m): 3:27pm On Jan 13, 2017
[quote author=walosky post=5277222
You shouldnt have copied him or ratgher edit everything that i was not mentioned in your post.

cc:Sissie,Mukina2.
Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by bqlekan(m): 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2017
Alcohol consumption, gambling of any form, smoking, and lies. Islam is and always have been improving my characters and how I relate to people around me.
No one can be 100% pious, so I'm still working on managing the opposite sex, patience and more obligations to Allah (SWT).

I love music and changing that might be a hard call. Music doesn't mess with my soul.
Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by ayoxelee(m): 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
[quote author=walosky post=52772228][/quote]
Subhanallah, pls seek knowledge from d ryt sources and clarify ur misconceptions. you should also stop talking about wat u av no knowledge of
Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by herlarho(m): 3:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
masturbation
Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by Deejay1000(m): 4:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by Deejay1000(m): 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
smoking, drinking alcohol and masturbation. . I still listen to music and gamble atimes. I pray Allah makes it easy for me Ameen

1 Like

Re: What Habits/lifestyles Has Islam Made You To Leave or Do? by Mambox: 4:27pm On Jan 13, 2017
The moment there's a thread on Islam, a marauding non-muslim keeps poking in. It's not decent!

Let Muslims be if you cannot allow a decent debate. Haba!

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims / How A Western Muslim Left Islam / The Importance Of Reading The Qur'an With Tajweed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.