Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

How Long Do I Have To Take My Dogs Away For Fumigation Before Returning Them - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Long Do I Have To Take My Dogs Away For Fumigation Before Returning Them (982 Views)

Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs / Pls Suggest The Type Of Local Food I Can Give To My Dogs. / I Love My Dogs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Do I Have To Take My Dogs Away For Fumigation Before Returning Them by DipoAy(m): 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
Goodday Wonderful Nairalanders grin, hope you guys are enjoying your day? So for sometime now, I have been involved in a war, A war against ticks and fleas and it has proven to be an unending one and it's really tiring and am pretty much fed-up with those tiny creatures. I am the owner of four dogs ,a male GSD and three other female dogs. I didn't know how bad these ticks were not until I had my very first litter few months ago of seven puppies ( I was so happy) and lost five of them to tick fever. It was very painful. Now I have decided to have my whole everything fumigated and sprayed. Enough is enough. Plan on landing the fatal blow that Lets me win the war. Now the issue is, this fumigation I want to do, I really don't want there to be any complications. Complications in form of my dogs getting poisoned by the chemicals, sniffing it or any other way possible. My question now is, How long do I need to take them away?? Please note that I don't really have a place I can carry FOUR dogs to stay overnight so as to let the chemicals dry off. Is it possible I could return them within a day and I wouldn't have any complications? ?Please oooo.. .Nairalanders, what's your opinion ??

Re: How Long Do I Have To Take My Dogs Away For Fumigation Before Returning Them by okikiosibodu(m): 12:27am On Jan 17, 2017
Experienced cynophiles should please respond
Re: How Long Do I Have To Take My Dogs Away For Fumigation Before Returning Them by Coolcash1: 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
From experience, please don't try it. I lost one of Caucasian due to it....I will advise you wait for two days to dry adequately and wash the kernel VERY VERY well before returning them...

My One Cent.
Re: How Long Do I Have To Take My Dogs Away For Fumigation Before Returning Them by xreal: 2:43am On Jan 19, 2017
Seven hours, minimum.

Check the container of the insecticide used, it's written on it most cases.
Or ask the seller.
Re: How Long Do I Have To Take My Dogs Away For Fumigation Before Returning Them by Patented: 12:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
excellent advice. In addition it is unlikely that the insecticide will be able to kill tick eggs and maybe some of the other stages of the tick lifecycle, so i advise that you spray again in 2-4 weeks. to kill off any ticks that may have hatched post initial spraying
xreal:
Seven hours, minimum.

Check the container of the insecticide used, it's written on it most cases.
Or ask the seller.
Re: How Long Do I Have To Take My Dogs Away For Fumigation Before Returning Them by kenejicks(m): 12:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
Re: How Long Do I Have To Take My Dogs Away For Fumigation Before Returning Them by DipoAy(m): 10:54pm On Jan 20, 2017
Patented:
excellent advice. In addition it is unlikely that the insecticide will be able to kill tick eggs and maybe some of the other stages of the tick lifecycle, so i advise that you spray again in 2-4 weeks. to kill off any ticks that may have hatched post initial spraying
Thanks a lot.Done with it..Made sure I was extra careful used water to rinse places applied before letting them out.Would be looking forward to the hatched egg fumigation
Re: How Long Do I Have To Take My Dogs Away For Fumigation Before Returning Them by DipoAy(m): 10:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
Re: How Long Do I Have To Take My Dogs Away For Fumigation Before Returning Them by DipoAy(m): 10:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
Thanks everyone.For giving your opinions

(1) (Reply)

Any Dog For Adoption Should Pls Call Me / Excellent Canecorso Puppies Available Ooooooo!!! / 11months Old adolescent male and Female Rottweiler Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.