Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? (7396 Views)

Dual Core, Quad Core, Octa Core. What Do They Mean? / What Does Error 404 Really Mean? / Tecno Spark K7 Full Review: Cheap Does Not Always Mean Crab!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by Denko2721987(m): 4:09pm On Jan 13, 2017
Top of the morning everyone here on Nairaland.

Pls i have been hearing about one GSM Termination system especially from my facebook news feed.. I did a lookup from the websites promoting and advertising this program/other sources and found out its from India and from their explanations about the program/system, one needs quite a chunky sum to set it up but its seems like a very profitable business when it’s up and running from their point of view.

Most of their explanations only made emphasis on the technical aspect of the program and its profitability when setup using only India as a case study and not other countries.

So my main questions which i haven’t really been able to obtain from them are -
1- If such a business venture is feasible and viable to run here in Nigeria.

2- If it even legal in the first place.

3- How easy is it to setup here in Nigeria especially with regards to the fact that the GSM Termination system needs between 100 and more sim cards to run smoothly (how does one get such a number of sim cards without raising suspicion from the network providers??)..

4- What the term 'GSM Termination' really means and what it actually does to the host cellular network it uses.. What does it terminate and what service does it really provide for it to generate income??

5- If such a business has no high legal or technical limitations, then how really profitable is it when set up here in Nigeria?

Pls i would be very glad if people enumerate and throw more light on this topic especially with regards to its working viability here in Nigeria cos if its green enough, i would like to invest in it.. Thanks

Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by okonja(m): 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
Denko2721987:
Top of the morning everyone here on Nairaland.

Pls i would be very glad if people enumerate and throw more light on this topic especially with regards to its working viability here in Nigeria cos if its green enough, i would like to invest in it.. Thanks

1. Yes, with the population we have in Nigeria, the business is a green cool

2. It is not legal because you are technically reducing the profit to be made by network providers and that's why its hard for you to see anyone here in Nigeria to publicly declare he's doing it but the truth is, it's done here in Nigeria.

3. There are 2 ways in setting it up here in Nigeria;
Either paying for the "ready-made solution" to companies offering it and all you need to do is just get SIM cards, Internet & Constant electricity.
OR
Buy the equipment needed, do the all configuration and source for traffic yourself. (You decided the pricing yourself)

N.B:- You necessarily don't need to get all the sim cards from one network provider.

4. The act of receiving call from another party can be regard to has gsm termination. So this business is technically defined as act of routing international calls through IP instead of the normal GSM route

5. Refer to No. 1

cool

1 Like

Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by abimbolaariyo: 12:20am On Jun 27, 2017
Wot is the average cost of setting up gsm termination business and it possible legal implications ?
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by okonja(m): 1:09am On Jun 27, 2017
abimbolaariyo:
Wot is the average cost of setting up gsm termination business and it possible legal implications ?

The best to start with is the package for 64sims as this would prevent issues with call drop. In a nutshell, N1.5million - N2million cool
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by chinemerem89: 8:20am On Jul 05, 2017
Please sir can I contact you I'm really interested in this business. This is my email & phone number
okeynnamani89@gmail.com 0803852451
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by chinemerem89: 8:22am On Jul 05, 2017
okonja:

The best to start with is the package for 64sims as this would prevent issues with call drop. In a nutshell, N1.5million - N2million cool

Please sir can I contact you I'm really interested in this business. This is my email & phone number
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by halifab: 1:05pm On Aug 05, 2017
if you are interested in the business i can help you as a Consultant .but let me make it clear here that

1.This Business is NOT a get rich quick business, it takes time and effort to start making money just like any other business
2.It has its challenges like sim sourcing,sim blockage, internet problem pin loading sim loading,power supply , hacking and scam,a and legality.

3.If you are persistent and determined it is actually PROFITABLE

1 Like

Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by mercenaruss: 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
This business here, is not gonna work,because of many reasons:
1. Very big price for local call in comparison with what you get for a a call
2. Very poor network coverage and stability
3. Stable internet even don't exist( maybe Fiber and is to expensive)
4. Sim Registration - Need a stable supply of already registered SIM Cards what will not trace you down by authorities

and i can give u much more reasons why I left this idea behind.

1 Like

Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by halaha: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
Frankly, the margins are thin with most times sliding towards the negative scale. More funds are made building a Value Added Service around that.However, that would require more skills - all that can be learnt from reading materials on the Internet.

P.S - I work as a Software Developer with the SME Bussiness unit of one of the Major Telcos - so speaking from a practical and business POV
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by Nairapay: 10:05am On Nov 11, 2017
This Business is hard Nock here in Nigeria . You are going to be faced with simblocks , and credit Balance gone
Spent thousands of dollars , wasted time and got nothing back .
MTN Blocked 80 my simcards in one day, just after one day of use . I still have almost N120k credit trapped in those simcards

then you will have to face problem of Loading recharge cards one by one , Tried to buy Pins online, I ended up been scammed by 3 different people
claiming they are registered with NCC

My setup did not come cheap .. As of now the stress does not worth my time
so to all Ya Wonna Bees be prepared for sim blocks , recharge , plus possibility of crackdown by NSA or what they call them Including their Crony NCC

1 Like

Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by Nairapay: 10:14am On Nov 11, 2017
okonja:

2. It is not legal because you are technically reducing the profit to be made by network providers and that's why its hard for you to see anyone here in Nigeria to publicly declare he's doing it but the truth is, it's done here in Nigeria.

Either paying for the "ready-made solution" to companies offering it and all you need to do is just get SIM cards, Internet & Constant electricity.
OR
Buy the equipment needed, do the all configuration and source for traffic yourself. (You decided the pricing yourself)

N.B:- You necessarily don't need to get all the sim cards from one network provider.

4. The act of receiving call from another party can be regard to has gsm termination. So this business is technically defined as act of routing international calls through IP instead of the normal GSM route

5. Refer to No. 1

cool

Hello
Please can You add me on skype , lets talk

thanks
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by solomonawotide: 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2018
chinemerem89:

There are some equipment you need to install to protect your Sims from been blocked by the gsm operators in Nigeria.

Its an interesting business
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by okonja(m): 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
Nairapay:

Hello
Please can You add me on skype , lets talk

thanks

Yes sure.....PM me with your Skype id.
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by okonja(m): 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2018
Nairapay:
This Business is hard Nock here in Nigeria . You are going to be faced with simblocks , and credit Balance gone
Spent thousands of dollars , wasted time and got nothing back .
MTN Blocked 80 my simcards in one day, just after one day of use . I still have almost N120k credit trapped in those simcards

then you will have to face problem of Loading recharge cards one by one , Tried to buy Pins online, I ended up been scammed by 3 different people
claiming they are registered with NCC

My setup did not come cheap .. As of now the stress does not worth my time
so to all Ya Wonna Bees be prepared for sim blocks , recharge , plus possibility of crackdown by NSA or what they call them Including their Crony NCC

The thing is, you need full technical know-how to run gsm termination business in Nigeria and not what you have read online about how it works

There are many factors that need serious attention

I have been there, and overcome all those obstacles. i have a running system presently with effective solution to minimize sim blocking and not loosing your airtime.

With $2,500, you can have your termination business up and running. Incase you are ready, contact me through my profile. I have a practical working experience which you can see when ready.
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by okonja(m): 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2018
chinemerem89:

Your phone number not complete. Contact me via my profile
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by okonja(m): 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2018
Denko2721987:

If such a business has no high legal or technical limitations, then how really profitable is it when set up here in Nigeria?

Still interested? cool
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by Kostly: 11:00pm On May 12, 2018
okonja:

Still interested? cool
Am also interested.
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by Nationalman: 8:17am On Jul 21, 2018
ello chief .i need your direction in setting up this system
okonja:

The thing is, you need full technical know-how to run gsm termination business in Nigeria and not what you have read online about how it works

There are many factors that need serious attention

I have been there, and overcome all those obstacles. i have a running system presently with effective solution to minimize sim blocking and not loosing your airtime.

With $2,500, you can have your termination business up and running. Incase you are ready, contact me through my profile. I have a practical working experience which you can see when ready.
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by frankmichael: 7:05pm On Jul 27, 2018
Am really interested. Pm me let's talk pls
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by frankmichael: 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
Nationalman:
ello chief .i need your direction in setting up this system
Let discuss pls. Pm me, I am intetested
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by chrlsani: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2018
Hello okonja, Please send me your skype id and phone number. I love to ask some questions with regards to this topic . Thanks
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by okonja(m): 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
I'm sorry to all those who are trying to contact me that i didn't respond to. I have been so much busy lately that I don't come to NL... I'm available

1 Like

Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by Machant: 10:41am On Nov 02, 2018
Hello, pls am interested in this business, can you cantact me via email lets talk.
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by Machant: 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2018
Hello can you share your contact details so I can discuss with you please
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by LOVEGINO(m): 8:44am On Feb 22, 2019
Hellooooooo. Any positive outcome
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by aloysiusokino: 11:06am On May 03, 2019
okonja:
I'm sorry to all those who are trying to contact me that i didn't respond to. I have been so much busy lately that I don't come to NL... I'm available

Hello, kindly drop contact, am interested
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by angelize: 4:30pm On May 08, 2019
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by angelize: 4:49pm On May 08, 2019
okonja:

OR

5. Refer to No. 1

cool

Hello Okonja, I’d like more info from you, would it be possible to get your contact details please?
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by johnuwa1(m): 4:30pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hi people, we do the GSM termination business, here is the plan: here is your income when you get the gadgets

CALCULATION!

We recommend to skip around 50 minutes per each sim-card per day. So, you will have 120 sim-cards in your sim-box, it means 120*50=6000 minutes per day will skip your system. For each minute we pay 0.04$, so:

1. YOUR INCOME: 6000*30(days in month)*0.04$ = 7200$. This sum we pay you every month

2. YOUR LOCAL MONTHLY EXPENSES:
a) Rent 2 locations in crowded area+ internet + electricity+routers on these locations, total around 500$ (as I know from our currecnt Nigerian partners). But if you already have some offices or flats to place equipment then you can avoid this expenses

b) Purchasing around 200 sim-cards+rent server (80$ monthly), it is 280$ per month

c) Recharging your sim-cards with the local airtime. You have 120 sims, all sims will skip 50 minutes per day (and your local tarrif is 0.018$ per minute). So: 120*50*30*0.018+100$ (savings for sim-block cases)=3340$ per month

TOTAL MONTHLY LOCAL EXPENSES: 500+280+3340$=4120$ per month

3. YOUR NET PROFIT PER MONTH IS: 7200$ - 4120$= 3080$ This is your monthly profit with daily limits for sim in 50 minutes. In future you can to increase these limits and system and your profit will increase accordingly.

Get your GSM Termination gadgets for N1.5M and join the Rich Telecom businessmen.

1 Like

Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by johnuwa1(m): 4:31pm On Oct 16, 2019
You can send me an email at : redstarconsultant@gmail.com
...only for interested clients.
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by edoairways: 9:52am On Oct 17, 2019
How does this service benefit a common man?
Re: What Does GSM Termination Really Mean And Is It Feasible In Nigeria? by johnuwa1(m): 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2019
the service give a common man, an opportunity to make money due to the recent economic crash of the Nation, you can earn a living with this

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Retrieve My Glo Number? / Having Problem.with My Gioneef103 3g And 4g Networks Please Enter And Help / Do You Know You Can Turn Your Lumia into A Projector With The Photo Beamer app?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.