Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Oil Theft: NSCDC Arrests 400, Secures 44 Convictions In Rivers. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oil Theft: NSCDC Arrests 400, Secures 44 Convictions In Rivers. (382 Views)

Internet Fraud: EFCC Secures Four Convictions In One Day / Man Who Spent 38 Years In Jail After Wrongful Convictions Gets $21M / EFCC Arrests 16 Ukrainians In Rivers For Oil Theft (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oil Theft: NSCDC Arrests 400, Secures 44 Convictions In Rivers. by browniecay: 2:08am On Jan 14, 2017
The Rivers State Command of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps said on Thursday that it had arrested over 400 suspected oil thieves and pipeline vandals in the state within the past two years.

The State NSCDC also explained that it had secured about 44 convictions with the accused getting various jail terms between 2015 and 2017 . Outgone State Commandant of the NSCDC , Mr. Helen Amakiri , who disclosed this while handing over to the new State Commandant, Mr. Mohammed Lawal , pointed out that the command had sensitised the people of the state to the dangers of illegal oil
bunkering and pipeline vandalisation . Amakiri stated that the command would have secured more convictions , but for the court that went on vacation, even as she expressed optimism that more arrests would be made before the end of January.

“ I want to say that we have been able to sensitise the people in Rivers State on the illegalities of oil theft , pipeline vandalism. That is the core of our mandate in Rivers State . Where the national resources is found in the state, it is not for them to tamper with it and begin to deal in it illegally without any licence.

“ During my tenure, over 400 arrests were made and we secured about 44 convictions . If not that the court went on vacation , we would have secured more convictions . I will assure you that even before the end of the month , we will get more convictions . “ I strongly believe that the new State Commandant , who will be
taking over from me is sure that more arrest will be made while more convictions will be secured. I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to all the officers and men of the NSCDC , Rivers State Command .”

“ From this point , I will be going back to the national headquarters for more responsibilities. So , on this note, I am officially handing over the management of the command to the new Commandant,” she added. Responding, the new State Command , Mr. Mohammed Lawal , called on vandals in the state to leave the creeks and integrate themselves into the society.

Lawal promised to build on the foundation laid by the outgone commandant, adding that the Command was known for its excellent performance in the fight against pipeline vandalisation and oil theft in the state.

According to him, “ What I am going to do is to build on the foundation she has laid . She has built a very solid foundation . During her period, Rivers State was very stable; many arrests were made, no rancour. So , I am going to build on that foundation .”

http://punchng.com/oil-theft-nscdc-arrests-400-secures-44-convictions-rivers/
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC Arrests 400, Secures 44 Convictions In Rivers. by Nobody: 2:09am On Jan 14, 2017
browniecay:
The Rivers State Command of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps said on Thursday that it had arrested over 400 suspected oil thieves and pipeline vandals in the state within the past two years.

The State NSCDC also explained that it had secured about 44 convictions with the accused getting various jail terms between 2015 and 2017 . Outgone State Commandant of the NSCDC , Mr. Helen Amakiri , who disclosed this while handing over to the new State Commandant, Mr. Mohammed Lawal , pointed out that the command had sensitised the people of the state to the dangers of illegal oil
bunkering and pipeline vandalisation . Amakiri stated that the command would have secured more convictions , but for the court that went on vacation, even as she expressed optimism that more arrests would be made before the end of January.

“ I want to say that we have been able to sensitise the people in Rivers State on the illegalities of oil theft , pipeline vandalism. That is the core of our mandate in Rivers State . Where the national resources is found in the state, it is not for them to tamper with it and begin to deal in it illegally without any licence.

“ During my tenure, over 400 arrests were made and we secured about 44 convictions . If not that the court went on vacation , we would have secured more convictions . I will assure you that even before the end of the month , we will get more convictions . “ I strongly believe that the new State Commandant , who will be
taking over from me is sure that more arrest will be made while more convictions will be secured. I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to all the officers and men of the NSCDC , Rivers State Command .”

“ From this point , I will be going back to the national headquarters for more responsibilities. So , on this note, I am officially handing over the management of the command to the new Commandant,” she added. Responding, the new State Command , Mr. Mohammed Lawal , called on vandals in the state to leave the creeks and integrate themselves into the society.

Lawal promised to build on the foundation laid by the outgone commandant, adding that the Command was known for its excellent performance in the fight against pipeline vandalisation and oil theft in the state.

According to him, “ What I am going to do is to build on the foundation she has laid . She has built a very solid foundation . During her period, Rivers State was very stable; many arrests were made, no rancour. So , I am going to build on that foundation .”

http://punchng.com/oil-theft-nscdc-arrests-400-secures-44-convictions-rivers/
Nice one.
problem is the more they are considering convicted, the more others join the trade.
Nigerians have a perchance for criminality

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Volunteer Myself To Join BBOG In Invading The Sambisa Forest / Top Staff Members Of OSOPADEC Arrested By EFCC In Akure / Photo: Man Kills Friend In Ogun Because Of Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.