Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,248 members, 7,780,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:44 PM

FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss (42149 Views)

Why Buhari Sacked Jim Obazee, FRC Boss – Fayose / Buhari Sacks Jim Obazee, Orders Reconstitution Of FRC Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by TheHerald: 8:48am On Jan 14, 2017
The last may not have been heard about the sack of Mr. Jim Obazee as Executive Secretary of Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN).

Few days after he was removed as the scribe of the body, the Federal Government is considering probing his tenure.

Some other top officials of the council may also be asked to make way as government prepares for the overhaul of the parastatal.

The planned reorganization is a consequence of allegations of wrongdoings in the establishment.

One of the allegations is that over N1 billion cash of the council, meant for International Financial Reporting Standards Academy (IFRS) is trapped in a bank, contrary to the decision of the board to invest it in treasury bills.

Investigations revealed that FRCN had been under probe radar since 2014, but the administration of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan did not act upon it.

Some of the other allegations against the council border on curious budget and expenses as follows:

Expenditure of N225 million on the production of FRC registration certificates which cannot be exhausted in 24 years’ time.
Acquisition of a N47 million mansion in Houston, Texas (suspected as 15918 Mission Village DR Houston Texas 77083) by a top official of FRCN.
Expenditure of N36 million within 60 days in 2014 on local travel to Abuja to probe the books of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) under ex-Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.
Suspicious payment of incidental expenses.
In a particular curious expense in July 2014, a top official allegedly applied for N736,250 to go to Abuja for an official assignment.

His memo said: “Please arrange to reimburse me for my trip to Abuja to meet and brief the Permanent Secretary on the activities of the FRC.

“I travelled on Monday, July 14, 2014 and returned to Lagos on Tuesday, July 15, 2014.

“Details are as follows: Return ticket (Lagos-Abuja-Lagos) N150,000; Hotel Expenses (N86, 250); Incidental Expenses (N500,000), amount due to me, (N736,250).”

In a similar claim, the official on August 18, 2014 asked for a reimbursement of N836,250 for a trip to Abuja.

The official had applied for the reimbursement of the cash through a memo addressed to the Assistant Director.

The memo, said: “Please arrange to reimburse me for my trip to Abuja for a meeting to attend the meeting of Heads of Parastatals with the Honourable Minister at Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment on Thursday, August 14, 2014.

“I travelled on Thursday, August 14, 2014 and returned back to Lagos on Friday, August 15, 2014.

“Details are as follows: (i) Return ticket( Lagos-Abuja-Lagos)—N150,000; (ii) Hotel expenses (N86,250); and (iii) Incidental expenses (N600,000).

“Amount due to me is N836,250.”

A top government official said: “There were a lot of issues during the tenure of Obazee which the government will look into.

“There were allegations of mismanagement of funds and huge incidental expenses incurred by some top officials of the council.

“For instance, it was alleged that about N36 million was spent on local travel to investigate the books of the Central Bank of Nigeria during Sanusi Lamido Sanusi’s tenure.

“We have a report on how a top official of FRCN allegedly bought a N47 million mansion in Houston, Texas.

“The council made suspicious payments to hired consultants, who were suspected to be proxies for some of its officials.

“Some contracts awarded were questionable. Also, some outrageous allowances were paid outside the approved rates in the civil service. So, we may probe the administration of FCRN anytime from now.

“The probe of Obazee and others will be part of plans to overhaul the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria. The agency stinks a lot.

“These allegations are not new but the administration of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan did not act on them.

“Actually, a member of the Audit Committee of the former board of FRCN had raised some of these issues, especially on poor management of resources.

“There are allegations that council did not publish its annual reports for some years contrary to Section 38 of the FRCN Act. This is not in line with international best practices.

“We will ask the new board to restructure the FRCN in a manner that it will disallow a sit-tight syndrome. Until he was removed, Obazee had served as FRCN chief for more than 10 years as Technical Director through CEO in NASB and to the Executive Secretary level.”

The FRCN’s stipulation of a maximum period of 20 years for the heads of all registered churches, mosques, and civil society organizations and its Governance Code 2016 has caused tension in the last few days.

The FRC’s regulations, which had not received final approval, led to the exit of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye during the weekend.

Worried by the religious tension, President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday sacked Obazee and reconstituted the board of FRC.

http://www.herald.ng/adeboye-sacked-frc-boss-obazee-fresh-trouble/#PrkWDWXkSIcU65IJ.99

2 Likes

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Kingstel(m): 8:54am On Jan 14, 2017
Who God has blessed no man can curse/decide. shocked
¬¬¬¬¬
See top stories now Trending @ [url]Vineck.com[/url] ....
> Pretty Mike explains why he puts ladies in leashes, says he's gentle and was misunderstood.
> And more!
Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by chimerase2: 9:04am On Jan 14, 2017
grin
Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by AWONEYAN(m): 9:41am On Jan 14, 2017
He who hasn't sin,let him be the first to cast a stone

2 Likes

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by 48noble(m): 9:45am On Jan 14, 2017
punishment or discipline...he will look like a victim...

2 Likes

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by babyfaceafrica: 10:14am On Jan 14, 2017
The guy don buy market..,he never see chumchin

37 Likes

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 14, 2017
The guy don enter one chance.

He was involved in all these while he was still ministering as a Pastor in RCCG

I can bet the guy is just starting his travails, by the time he's done with, he will regret being born into Nigeria

Seun and Mynd44 will like to see something like this.

11 Likes

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by profhezekiah: 10:17am On Jan 14, 2017
He bite more than he can chew

19 Likes

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by obongtunji: 10:24am On Jan 14, 2017
Touch not my anointed

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
Obazee would be wishing he never made a move against Adeboye right now.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by idupaul: 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2017
These are only distractions to take us away from the initial plot to undermine the growing church in Nigeria by bringing this corruption story up and some christians are here typing touch not my anointed...Christians need to keep their eyes on the ball and get to the bottom of who actually emboldened Obazee to act against the growing church leadership because there is no way he could have acted without instructions from above

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Sleemg(m): 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Nutase: 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2017
Double wahala

1 Like

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Unimaginable123: 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
Lagos-abuja return ticket N150,000? Did he fly private jet?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Bellfun(m): 2:30pm On Jan 14, 2017
Incidental Charges? N500,000

Incidental Charges N600,000

Oh Lord!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Sibrah: 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
What is "incidental charges" again? God help us in Nigeria. All these happening under a retired pastor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by pyyxxaro: 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
Touch not my Anointed and do my Prophet no harm cool

2 Likes

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Jengem: 5:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
Colossal dumbarse obaze

1 Like

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Ekuru: 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2017
The guy just touched God's anointed

1 Like

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Adaowerri111: 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2017
Afonja and confusion

2 Likes

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Yosuregames: 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2017
FG messing in church affairs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by TIDDOLL(m): 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2017
This dude just purposely walked himself into Trouble's cave undecided

3 Likes

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Nutase: 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2017
Adaowerri111:
Afonja and confusion
he is an edo man now.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Remilekun101: 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2017
sad
Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Dandsome: 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
Sometimes you'll just decide to take up on something not knowing it is way bigger than you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
Na wa o. Sitting allowance, standing allowance, hardship allowance.

Whereas the people wey dey face hardship dey elsewhere, not Aso Rock, not National Assembly.

And now it's incidental expenses wey no get name.

With what has been coming out, it seems Obazee took the office personal. He made the office popular sha.
Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by ceejay80s(m): 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
AWONEYAN:
He who hasn't sin,let him be the first to cast a stone
So...u support stealing?

7 Likes

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by FunkyMetahuman: 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
Abeg leave the man jor
Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by mr1759: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
did he make any wrong move by reminding the churches, NGOs of what the law says am sure he was just doing his job, I believed adeboye step down to prove he is a gentle man and a law abiding citizen that he is, I don't think obazee went to his office to force him to resign

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by Pavore9: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
It is now raining for him!
Re: FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss by softMarket(m): 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
Karma is very wicked!! grin

Karma will leave "spoon" and "fork" you.....why? grin

When will karm visit that our oga in ASo rock abeg?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback: Young Tinubu Making Promises To Nigerians (video) / Nigerians Tweet On Buhari 100 Wasted Days- #100wasteddays / Pete Edochie Endorses His Son, Yul For 2023 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.