Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,232 members, 7,780,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:26 PM

President Buhari Intervene In Lautech Crisis - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / President Buhari Intervene In Lautech Crisis (430 Views)

I Killed This Rat In My Hostel In LAUTECH (Photos) / BreakingNews:Oyo, Osun Pay N500m To End Lautech Crisis / LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Intervene In Lautech Crisis by olawalepopoola: 9:36am On Jan 14, 2017
For eight months now, academic activities of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso, Oyo State have been paralysed.
LAUTECH created in 1990 by the then old Oyo state (now Oyo and Osun States) is known to be the best amongst its contemporaries having been awarded the best state university several times and among the top ten Universities in Nigeria in the last decade.
However this prestigious University have lost this glory due the non-charlatan attitude of Governors of Oyo and Osun (Ishiaq Ajimobi and Rauf Aregbesola) to the plight of staff and student of the University.
From a Sahara reporters video online that captured protesting students in front of the Oyo state secretariat in Ibadan, shows that Ajimobi doesn't have the citizen at heart. He claimed to be a constituted authority and that it is not a new for a school to be closed for 8 months. I must say this is unbecoming of a constiuted authority over those they are leading.
We appeal to President Buhari, Senate committee on education, National Universities Commission to come to the aid of this University. Come to the aid of the staff and students of LAUTECH. If 2 states can't manage a university, then I don't really know why they should continue to hold on to it. Let it be sold out to education investors who are ready to take to greater heights.

(1) (Reply)

Get One Year Tuition Fee Scholarship / 11 Feb GATE 2017 Set A,B,C, D Answer Key- 12 Feb Solution Paper / FUNAAB 2016/2017 Registration Procedure For Fresh Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.