Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo (32398 Views)

Religious Group Protests Against Southern Kaduna Killings, Says All Lives Matter / Guns, God And Gospel Documentary. Should Christians Take Up Arms? / I Didn't Ask Christians To Kill Muslims - Apostle Johnson Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by SalomonKane: 10:37am On Jan 14, 2017
.... Still the same. His message was uncalled for. How can 'a man of God' say such vile things?

Be it 2015 or 2019, Oyedepo shouldn't be heard saying such things. Collecting tithes and deceiving the gullible isn't enough for him anymore... now he wants to rant and be seen as a saviour.

Nonsense!.

3 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by michoim(m): 10:37am On Jan 14, 2017
I believe the Bishop! Wicked people every where, trying to raise controversies against the man of God. Wicked fabricators!

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Realhommie(m): 10:38am On Jan 14, 2017
The Bishop was/is wrong on this whether it was said in 2015 or not, it's against the teachings of Christ.. I still have huge respect for the M.O.G though.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Sanchez01: 10:38am On Jan 14, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Ofc I knew he would come out to deny it...Na today?! undecided

APC kinda behavior
The video was done in 2014. That was around the time the man was planning to open the gate of hell on Jonathan's enemies. He's a very temperamental fellow, no doubt, but then it is high time Christians defended themselves. I don't support killing in any way but subsequent silence would mean acceptance.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by jegz25(m): 10:41am On Jan 14, 2017
wuta sallau...lol
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by unmask: 10:41am On Jan 14, 2017
So with this the publicist agrees that the talk in the video is as bad as it appears.....whether it was said 2 or 10yrs ago matters not

It was said by a man of God and it is absolutely wrong.....inciteful statements can take its effect immediately or after a very long time.

His defence about it being old holds no substance

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by EmekaBlue(m): 10:41am On Jan 14, 2017
Sanchez01:

The video was done in 2014. That was around the time the man was planning to open the gate of hell on Jonathan's enemies. He's a very temperamental fellow, no doubt, but then it is high time Christians defended themselves. I don't support killing in any way but subsequent silence would mean acceptance.
I am a Christian and will surely kill any bloody bargar using his religious shiiit to come attack me...Even God in d bible led kings to war

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by TERTAR: 10:41am On Jan 14, 2017
[color=#006600][/color] Who shall we believe now? The media or Bishop or both? ....confusion some where
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by unmask: 10:43am On Jan 14, 2017
Sanchez01:

defend themselves with what? Arms or prayers?

If you say arms "thou shall not kill"
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:43am On Jan 14, 2017
“If there has been anything done, it has been prayer for peace and unity of Nigeria."

Where are those hailing him over the first message that he has even denied? We have clowns parading as Christians these days.

As a Christian I am well versed to know that Jesus/Christianity abhors violence and killing. If anybody whether Pope or Angel tells me to kill, I'll tell him, YOU ARE WRONG SIR!

3 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by unmask: 10:43am On Jan 14, 2017
EmekaBlue:
I am a Christian and will surely kill any bloody bargar using his religious shiiit to come attack me...Even God in d bible led kings to war
then you are not a christian

Just in case you don't read

And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Special attention on verse 21.....and tell your pastor's too to read

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 14, 2017
mccoy47:
Mtchewww. If Nigeria can convert 80% of our mega church buildings & mosques to industries, Nigeria would be a successful and peaceful country!

Only if the dullard can provide power to fuel the industries. The ones available are closing down due to lack of Power

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Brugo(m): 10:45am On Jan 14, 2017
unmask:
So with this the publicist agrees that the talk in the video is as bad as it appears.....whether it was said 2 or 10yrs ago matters not

It was said by a man of God and it is absolutely wrong.....inciteful statements can take its effect immediately or after a very long time.

His defence about it being old holds no substance

Exactly. Besides, he actually incited his congregation to violence. Those words were not mere encouragement. That was a call to kill "anyone who looks like them".

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by soath(m): 10:45am On Jan 14, 2017
God bless Bishop David Oyedepo

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by obailala(m): 10:45am On Jan 14, 2017
I was surprised when I saw the transcript of the message. I could swear I had seen that exact message some 2-3 years ago. Some most Nigerian Journalists are just bunkums.

And oh yes, Chriatianity or not, if a terrorist comes my way with the intention to snuff my life or the lives of innocent people around me, I would personally snuff the life out of such a person before thinking of anything else and I dont need a pastor to give validation on that first. There's nothing 'Christian' about sitting like a cripple and watching someone come kill you, there's no virtue in dying like a wimp.

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by ITbomb(m): 10:47am On Jan 14, 2017
collitexnaira:
I knew it was a false news, all this bad belle journalist don't mind tainting ones image just so they could have something to report
He actually said those words, it doesn't matter whether it was 2015 or 2017, he is a man of God so can we discard Apostle Paul message because he said it in 73 AD and not 2017 AD

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by obailala(m): 10:47am On Jan 14, 2017
unmask:
There's nothing Christian about sitting down and dying like a log of wood; rather there's everything foolish about it.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by EmekaBlue(m): 10:48am On Jan 14, 2017
unmask:
whatever u like say...I can't just stay and die...abi isnt it d same God who led kings to war..plz
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by SalomonKane: 10:48am On Jan 14, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
“If there has been anything done, it has been prayer for peace and unity of Nigeria."

Where are those hailing him over the first message that he has even denied? We have clowns parading as Christians these days.

As a Christian I am well versed to know that Jesus/Christianity abhors violence and killing. If anybody whether Pope or Angel tells me to kill, I'll tell him, YOU ARE WRONG SIR!
Pray you're not faced with uncircumcised northerners who would revel in joy if given the chance to butcher you like ram meant for Illeya.

Sometimes, violence is the only language some people understand.

I'm not supporting Oyedepo's message, but hey, the killings by these northerners is becoming too much. They should be told violence isn't exclusively aligned to just a particular set of people.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Antoeni(m): 10:48am On Jan 14, 2017
Bishop don't be scared, even if u did nothing will happen

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by unmask: 10:51am On Jan 14, 2017
obailala:
There's nothing Christian about sitting down and dying like a log of wood; rather there's everything foolish about it.
if you lose your life on earth for the sake of christ, you will gain it in heaven

Question is as a Christian which is more important to you.....living on earth or living in heaven?

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by lonelydora: 10:51am On Jan 14, 2017
admax:
Believe any news on social media at your peril.

Yet, that TonyeBarcanister or whatever is name is released a full Ababio on the story yesterday.

My secondary school worst book.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by ednut1(m): 10:51am On Jan 14, 2017
we need dat social media bill
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by unmask: 10:53am On Jan 14, 2017
SalomonKane:
Pray you're not faced with uncircumcised northerners who would revel in joy if given the chance to butcher you like ram meant for Illeya.

I'm not supporting Oyedepo's message, but hey, the killings by these northerners is becoming too much. They should be told violence isn't exclusively aligned to just a particular set of people.
violence is the only language that some people understand true... But as a christian love is the only one you should understand

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by xpool(m): 10:55am On Jan 14, 2017
mrdashing10:
Christianity condemns killing. I wouldn't judge, i wouldn't kill for any reason.
Christianity does not condemn killing, it condemns cold-blood killing, murder, unprovoked killing etc.
In fact Christianity supports killing to defend your life, territory, property etc.
All those wars and conquering in the Bible how do you think they were done, all the wars that David fought in Biblical history, was it plants that he fought?
Everything in life has got a season; A TIME TO MAKE FRIENDS, A TIME TO KILL, A TIME SAVE, A TIME TO PLANT, A TIME TO HARVEST etc.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by royalfamily(m): 10:56am On Jan 14, 2017
Pls who has an iPhone 7charger should pls lend me. .....Abeg the charger too cost for marketing.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by focus7: 10:58am On Jan 14, 2017
Sanchez01:

The video na fresh video, i have it just that i don't know how to upload on Nairaland.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by bigtt76(f): 10:58am On Jan 14, 2017
More reason why these men should step aside and let a much younger person take over as GO undecided
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by miblolo(f): 10:58am On Jan 14, 2017
SalomonKane:

The last time i checked....southern kaduna is in the North...as such the people of southern kaduna are northerners
Take note....do not generalise and insult all in the North
Watch your tongue young man

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by herald9: 10:58am On Jan 14, 2017
The Bible was written thousands of years ago, but it's still being quoted till today...
So why can't that same logic be applied to the words of a man of God, even if was said 5000 years ago? grin

2 Likes

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by KahlDrogo(m): 10:59am On Jan 14, 2017
The media could be the real terrorist in our midst.

Jeez!

You know, much as i criticised him for the statements, something told me some of it didnt add up to the present situation especially the part where he was quoted to have said "must a northerner become the president"?

When you try to juxtapose that with the fact a northerner is ALREADY the president, you start wondering what "BECOME", which is a future tense, is doing in that statement.

Now, i wonder all those who cursed the life out of Tonyebarcanista yesterday would say.

Shame.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Opelwonder(m): 10:59am On Jan 14, 2017
mccoy47:
Mtchewww. If Nigeria can convert 80% of our mega church buildings & mosques to industries, Nigeria would be a successful and peaceful country!
that moment you think you are making sense but u ain't....

stupidity at its peak

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

No Anambra Man Would Let An Enugu Man Be President” – Rev Fr. Mbaka / *~ Goshen360 Voted Religion Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! / Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.