Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo (32395 Views)

Religious Group Protests Against Southern Kaduna Killings, Says All Lives Matter / Guns, God And Gospel Documentary. Should Christians Take Up Arms? / I Didn't Ask Christians To Kill Muslims - Apostle Johnson Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by ReubenE(m): 2:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
Blizzy9ja:
But without being told christains need to defend themselves... No particular religion should think they have a monopoly of violence
I wonder why christians are too quick to show to others that they are very nice people, forgetting the fact that we are first humans before our various beliefs.

A certain people kill with impunity yet we keep on saying christians should forgive sinners blah blah....one must be alive before forgiveness can take place.

The day I heard certain imams call for the arrest of CAN president was the day I realised these folks are bold, and they don't care what anybody thinks as long as it serves their purpose.
I am patiently waiting for the day someone calls for the arrest of the sultan of sokoto, and the reaction that will follow.

Nigeria is one shit of a country with penchant for stupid things....

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Thecassanova: 2:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
“If there has been anything done, it has been prayer for peace and unity of Nigeria."

Where are those hailing him over the first message that he has even denied? We have clowns parading as Christians these days.

As a Christian I am well versed to know that Jesus/Christianity abhors violence and killing. If anybody whether Pope or Angel tells me to kill, I'll tell him, YOU ARE WRONG SIR!

But Bro see what the bible claim Jesus said in Luke 19:27 "And as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king--bring them in and execute them right here in front of me.'

I believe Jesus didn't say this that's why I don't believe the Bible entirely. Don't u believe this invalidate your point. Cos another person can just give u this reference to support. Look into this and explain.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Blizzy9ja: 2:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
ReubenE:

I wonder why christians are too quick to show to others that they are very nice people, forgetting the fact that we are first humans before our various beliefs.

A certain people kill with impunity yet we keep on saying christians should forgive sinners blah blah....one must be alive before forgiveness can take place.

The day I heard certain imams call for the arrest of CAN president was the day I realised these folks are bold, and they don't care what anybody thinks as long as it serves their purpose.
I am patiently waiting for the day someone calls for the arrest of the sultan of sokoto, and the reaction that will follow.

Nigeria is one shit of a country with penchant for stupid things....
You've said it all bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
Soldiers are "sworn in" to defend life and property so why wouldn't i. It's not like i don't condemn what's happening in the north. Like i said before, self defense differs from murder.
xpool:

No you would not do same if you were a soldier!
I know you would wait in sambisa for God to come down and fight for you when he has equipped you.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Thecassanova: 2:45pm On Jan 14, 2017
I see nothing wrong in self-defense. Someone want to kill me or my family and I should look at him do that. Like seriously that's foolishness.

The pastor got it wrong when he said "Anybody that looks like them" many innocent people will die among which is not ok enough.

Attach those who attack you. That's how judgement is served.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2017
mccoy47:
Mtchewww. If Nigeria can convert 80% of our mega church buildings & mosques to industries, Nigeria would be a successful and peaceful country!
Foolish thinking! Does d presence of Churches make USA less industrial?
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by mccoy47(m): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2017
Statsocial:

Foolish thinking! Does d presence of Churches make USA less industrial?

Goat!
How many mega church building are found in USA?
And what's the ratio of church to industry in Nigeria and USA?

Now gerrout of my mention u myopic punk!

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by ndubueze92(m): 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2017
Benita27:
Does it matter the year the message was preached?, it could still be applicable in this horrible Kaduna crisis.
Benita.... I ask this question mildly... Do you think it's only one religion /region that has the monopoly to kill, in a multi ethnic/religious society?.... What would you do assuming you're armed and looked through the window and saw me murder your loved ones, Congratulate me Am a Christian believe me i will rain bullets on any one who intentionally tries to kill me... Integrity is at question here.... remember Christians carried out the crusade and the other carried out the jihad... so both can carry arms .... My pain is that Jihad is still on...My humble submission though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by smileyoo: 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2017
even if u say so, there is nothing wrong in telling people, that is facing genocide to rise up & defend themselves from total anihiliation. as their govt refuse to protect them. why is it that whenever their is little protest in the east or ss, govt 'll rush men & equipment for possible action, bt when it comes to fulani herdsmen comiting havoc, govt 'll suddenly lost memory on what to do. instead they 'll sit as if their watch football match?
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by dayowunmi(m): 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2017
Nigerians like to be ignorant. That video was in response to reports that boko harm intends to start invading churches. He first asked the church to pray for the end of boko haram and their sponsors and then he said if any boko haram member is caught in Canaan land, they should bring the fellow to him, that he will personally spill his blood if true. What is wrong in that? You all just jump to unnecessary conclusions, it's just embarrassing. Watch the video first.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by jworg: 4:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
abatisegun:
Why did he make such statement at first instance when he knew fully well that his words will go a long way

In a statement issued by the Chairman, Editorial and Media Board of the church, Dr. Sheriff Folarin, the Bishop said the video from which the quotes were taken was in a 2015 video when churches, including Winners’ Chapel’s Northern assemblies were under frequent attacks by Boko Haram.
“This was before the present administration took office,” he said.

The above statements shows an admission of fact. That he insited christians but it was in 2015. The Question is why would a follower of christ insite his people to violence? Would Jesus our master had prayed such a prayer even if it was far back 2015.he should apologise for his unchristian conduct in the past before attacking the media of falsehood.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
Thecassanova:

But Bro see what the bible claim Jesus said in Luke 19:27 "And as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king--bring them in and execute them right here in front of me.'

I believe Jesus didn't say this that's why I don't believe the Bible entirely. Don't u believe this invalidate your point. Cos another person can just give u this reference to support. Look into this and explain.
That was a parable of God's judgement bro.. Read from the very beginning.

Christianity abhors violence
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by jrusky(m): 4:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
Please their is no need for Oyedepo to deny anything in this case I fully support him if actually he said it and whoever no cool with what he said can go and die.

Enough is enough every little thing they will attack Christian, every little argument they will attack Christian enough is enough.

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by kenkike(m): 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2017
This is great, it explains what will happen to this country if every other pastor turns the pulpit to pentagon just like other religion!
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 14, 2017
Defence still, not murder
ndubueze92:
Benita.... I ask this question mildly... Do you think it's only one religion /region that has the monopoly to kill, in a multi ethnic/religious society?.... What would you do assuming you're armed and looked through the window and saw me murder your loved ones, Congratulate me Am a Christian believe me i will rain bullets on any one who intentionally tries to kill me... Integrity is at question here.... remember Christians carried out the crusade and the other carried out the jihad... so both can carry arms .... My pain is that Jihad is still on...My humble submission though.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by billyG(m): 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
Even why shld he said such thing in 2015.does incitements has expiry date?
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Kdon2: 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2017
Chosen1984:
WHETHER OR NOT BISHOP DAVID OYEDAPO SAID SO....

I DECREE IN THE NAME OF JESUS, THE ANGEL THAT SLEW ALL THE FIRST BORN IN EGYPT IN ONE NIGHT, GOES THROUGH NORTHERN NIGERIAN AND BEYOND!! AND SLAY EVERYPERSON THAT HAS A HAND IN THE KILLINGS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE OF SOUTHERN KADUNA!!
I DECREE JUDGEMENT THROUGH THE LAND OF NIGERIA AND BEYOND ON ALL THAT HAVE A HAND DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN THE KILLINGS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE !
WHOEVER STUBBORNLY GOES AGAINST GOD'S PEOPLE, DADDY CLOSE THEIR GENERATION IN A DAY IN THE NAME OF JESUS
AMEN

Amen!!!
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by zoedicus: 9:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
peggycious:
If anyone attempt to kill you, don't defend yourself o.look at them like mumu until they finish you.hisssss

Yes,
And remember to look up into heavens as the killer blow lands on you and say "father, forgive them for they know not what they do".

Nobody is MUMU again. I reserve the right to defend myself against any brainwashed jihadist.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by zoedicus: 9:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
billyG:
Even why shld he said such thing in 2015.does incitements has expiry date?

I'd rather ask: "are u sure you're not trying to poison us with your vocabulary?

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by CioAngels(f): 10:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
What if you did, should christians wait for strange Nationals in the name of fulani to be killing them? Nigerians are been ruled by foreigners and they are happy. All non-fulanis are caged by malian dan fodio fulani origins in Nigeria. What a shame to money mongers southerners who sold their birthright.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by 5starmilitant: 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
gaffig:

Only a fool will say barcanista is a goat or whatsoever, he didn't create the article at 1st instance, he only made a comment on what he read, we all need to be very careful before reading and trusting anything from this Media of ours, most if them are Amateur.

Who is barcanista
Yur fada fooool..... undecided
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by solaere(m): 10:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
mrdashing10:
Christianity condemns killing. I wouldn't judge, i wouldn't kill for any reason.
but u can be judge'd nd kill'd for no reason
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Zenlife: 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
Quit patronizing the people at the expense of living.

Forget the clean up window dressing.
Expectedly so.
The message though is loud and clear.
Arm, protect your life with everything necessary.

So far Christianity hasn't saved an attacked life.
If it has at all, it's with irreparable damage physically, emotionally, spiritually.

Let no one puncture your guard and survival instincts.

Life first by all means necessary!

Live!!!
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by unmask: 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2017
deflover:

Don't misquote the bible

The original translation says THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER.....

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE WORD KILL AND MURDER

ONE IS LAWFUL THE OTHER IS NOT
hmmmm murder and kill what is the difference?
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by unmask: 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2017
obailala:

If you had the opportunity to save your life and you didnt, then that amounts to foolishness, cos that is suicide. And foolish persons have no place in God's kingdom.

Even Apostle Paul in the bible at some point had to go through a city with about 300 armed soldiers as guards because certain persons were plotting to kill him. Obviously those soldiers wouldn't have spared the lives of the assailants if they had attempted to attack Paul.
Jesus christ had the opportunity to save himself and since he didnt, are u saying he is f*****h?
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by deflover(m): 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
unmask:
hmmmm murder and kill what is the difference?

I am sure you went to skool
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 15, 2017
mccoy47:

Goat!
How many mega church building are found in USA?
And what's the ratio of church to industry in Nigeria and USA?

Now gerrout of my mention u myopic punk!
Eya Pele take a double of your pills tonight, ok. there are more than 300 thousand churches in the US and they in fact have large gatherings e.g lakewood Tex e.t.c if you used half of ur brain you would know that the existence of churches does not 'obstruct' the existence of industries. Instead of u to face the idiotic govt you voted into government to be responsible enough so as to attract investors and build the economy yet you stupidly are picking on the Church in the most irrelevant way...
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:11am On Jan 15, 2017
But they are against Bible doctrine.
solaere:
but u can be judge'd nd kill'd for no reason
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by miblolo(f): 7:20am On Jan 15, 2017
SalomonKane:
Will you shut up! Who are you calling young man and you are you telling not to generalize?

If you understand English you'd have deciphered the set of people I'm referring to. Me using 'uncircumcised northerners' is me referring to the blood thirsty individuals who live there. Be them southern or northern Kaduna indigene.
Your response comfirms your age.
We will talk when you grow up....mentally.
Stay blessed.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by SalomonKane: 7:27am On Jan 15, 2017
miblolo:

Your response comfirms your age.
We will talk when you grow up....mentally.
Stay blessed.
Please remain mystified and low. Your comment show your lack of depth and understanding about things.

So I wonder who in their right mind would want to talk to a shallow minded individual?

Now run along, and stay mystified. tongue
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 15, 2017
mccoy47:
Mtchewww. If Nigeria can convert 80% of our mega church buildings & mosques to industries, Nigeria would be a successful and peaceful country!
Nigeria wouldn't be peaceful country until the government does what's right to her citizens.
Re: Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo by orisa37: 7:44am On Jan 15, 2017
Whosoever is fueling Southern Kaduna Crisis is not Christ and they shall Perish IJN AMEN ,!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

*~ Goshen360 Voted Religion Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! / Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? / Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Celebrate 28th Wedding Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.