Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (403945 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / 2in1 Set Up ( W4/7 And Astra 2b ) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinstaiye(m): 3:28pm On Nov 25, 2009
Multi TV is a Free to Air Satellite Television, the first of its kind in West Africa. It is free to air, and you don’t need to pay anyone any monthly subscription. Presently, they have 10 channels comprising of the following – Joy TV, Joy News, Joy Sports, Hitz TV, Cine Afrik, 4Kids, Jesus Channel, TV3/GTV, Nhyra TV and of course CNN/BBC. There are two more channels coming soon – Adom TV and Real TV.
On the same satellite, (which is Astra 2b) you can also pick another channel called CRTV which is also a very entertainment channels though with a lot of bias for Christian religion, there is also LMTV with lots of bias for music.
You will agree with me that it cut across all areas of entertainment one can think of, Music is on nhyra tv and hitz tv. Multi TV shows Bundesliga, some bits of Serie A on their Joy sports channel. They show Nigerian home videos on Cine Afrik and of course you get lots of cartoons on 4kids and news from CNN/BBC and Aljazeera which they exchange sometimes for Sky News. They show lots of American movies, series and Mexican soaps on Joy TV. Between Friday and Sunday, at 12.30am Nigerian time, Joy News is replaced with Midnight TV, I wonder what goes on in Midnight on Midnight TV, your guess is as good as mine.
Multi TV satellite can be track on Astra 2B on 28.2 degree east with as low as 60cm dish here in Nigeria. You can not use the popular Strong Decoder to watch it since Multi TV transmits on Mpeg4 platform, and therefore you will need HD Decoders.
On this forum here in Nigeria, we highly recommended Daarsat Receivers, it is HD and Mpeg4 compliant, and it is very cheap for 18,000 together with all daarsat accessories which could be useful for other FTA stuff. If you so desire, you can go for Multi TV Digibox, especially if you are in Ghana or its environs, or better still if you have a sound computer knowledge, you can watch multi tv on your PC if you can lay your hands on DVBs Card.
What is more, Multi TV is free, and they keep saying it on their channels, that it is FREE.

2 Likes

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinstaiye(m): 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2009

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by larryenob(m): 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2009
@ 2T that good pal keep it goin i like this
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by spacevice(m): 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2009
To add to what Twinstaye wrote: the Midnight TV now replaces Real TV. Adom TV is already on. GTV (Ghana TV) is now on the astra 2b satellite
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by chuk101(m): 9:37am On Nov 26, 2009
guys el clasico live on joy sports on sunday real madrid vs barca
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by pofolo(m): 7:47pm On Nov 26, 2009
@oga T,
well done sir !.
To add to it, if u use ordinary strong decoder(mpeg 2), u'l only get crtv,gtv & ltmv. Crtv show ucl & delayed epl. Its o.k. Enjoy !!!

1 Like

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by felixboye1(m): 2:45am On Nov 27, 2009
Pls can someone tell me if it's advisable to still go for the daarsat decoder to track the multi tv despite the speculation that they may go off air early next year
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by felixboye1(m): 3:06am On Nov 27, 2009
pls does anybody know the price of a compass (new and fairly use )?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Temayo: 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2009
Very urgent. Kindly help me with the frequency and symbol rate for mytv, dstv etc. thanks
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Emeritus153: 6:16am On Nov 28, 2009
@temayo, mytv tp 12722v,26657 then blindscan
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Emeritus153: 6:22am On Nov 28, 2009
@twinstaye, i need dvbs card and instruction on how 2 use it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Temayo: 7:16am On Nov 28, 2009
@Emeritus, tanx. Ao ur end be now? Catch u later, lol.
@All, pls detail about d dvbs card.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by pofolo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2009
@ oga twinstaiye,
i wonder why its difcult 4 people to jst stick by d rules. This trend is for multi tv- astra 2b alone. Y all dis 'junks'. I move a motion dat anytin outside wat d forum is meant for shudn't b allowed. @ all,
lets b focus & keep it real. Viva fta !!!
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by zenus(m): 2:13pm On Nov 30, 2009
This really Good
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 12:59pm On Dec 01, 2009
Pls, Twinstaye can someone use Daarsat HD decoder for other fta stuff like malagasy along with multitv
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinstaiye(m): 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2009
yeah sure, I even noticed yesterday that signal seems to receive more boost with Daarsat HD decoder
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lovala(m): 3:38am On Dec 04, 2009
baba twin, abeg help me out here:

I am very much interested in he DAARSAT decoder because of its MPEG4 and DVB-S2 qualities. Given that the price (as stated here in this forum) is 18k, I would like to ask from you how I can get it since I am living in Yaounde - Cameroon? If i find any reliable individual coming to lagos, will it be possible for him to get in touch with you or any other brother hobbyist to pick up the box and accessories for me? Also, I'll like to know how to hook up the box with a strong set up box so as to make use of the blind scan property inherent there in (SRT 53x or 63x). May be this last part of my question should be reserved for when I've got the box, huh!

Thankx for your anticipated cooperation,
Lovala.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinstaiye(m): 8:57am On Dec 04, 2009
I will recommend you get in touch with Olofofo about the daarsat HD receiver, he could be of help.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 12:19pm On Dec 04, 2009
I got my strong 4669x yesterday at rate of #18000 in Ilesha.I will track the multitv in an hour time.I cant wait to join multitv viewers league.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by mjay(m): 1:50pm On Dec 04, 2009
Akerekoroabijawara:

I got my strong 4669x yesterday at rate of #18000 in Ilesha.

where in Ilesha did u get the receiver? I need to recommend some ppl to buy it from there.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2009
I bought the 4669x at Uniben electronics , Round about. Pls can anyone confirm this.all my just nailed multitv are not showing except gtv,crtv .
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by figment232(m): 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2009
All in the house plz can i track dstv and multitv using just one 90cm dish?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2009
Oga twinstaiye,pls help o. The strong 4669x mpeg4 i just bought to track multi tv nailed the channels but no video and audio.it was only gtv,crtv lmtv that show. Is something wrong with the decoder?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olatiler(m): 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2009
@Akerekoroabijawara pls use this TP 12550 V 19525 for multi tv &
u can still torn round ur LNB, with this am sure u will hit green on that tp, but if u didnt, check the reciever well
@figment232 u cant use 90cm dish 4 those birds
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2009
@olatiler may God bless u.the tp you gave me for the multi tv perform magic. I'm now watching multi tv with my wife.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by olatiler(m): 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2009
@akereko! u r wellcome, pls enjoy ur self.
@ twins! MD i bend 4 u o master.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 8:10pm On Dec 08, 2009
O boy! Multi tv sweet o.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by zenus(m): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2009
figment232:

All in the house plz can i track dstv and multitv using just one 90cm dish?

Just get yourself 60cm dish the size use for HiTV or MyTV for Multi TV stations.
U can only get DSTV and HiTV with one dish but not multiTV
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Kcbenjamin(m): 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2009
You guys are doing a great job, wonderful!
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by donaremu(m): 9:45pm On Dec 15, 2009
Hello,

Is there any one in the house that can help me set Multi Tv in Ilasamaja area? What will it cost me? I do not have an HD decoder and dish? Call or text me 07028719411.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by chakaz(m): 4:00pm On Dec 16, 2009
Pls, can one track multitv with strong receiver SRT4661X. Thanks 4 ur good response in anticipation.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Kcbenjamin(m): 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ chakaz, absolutely no , only from strong 4669x , 4900 which is what i am using or Daarsat decoder or any mpeg 4 or HD decoder.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply)

All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.