Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Car And Engine Vibrating. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car And Engine Vibrating. (748 Views)

Toyota Recreates A Le Mans Car And Its Hybrid / Cars Submerged By Flood In Calabar As Man Climbs On Top His Car And Relaxes / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car And Engine Vibrating. by Sunnie7777: 6:09pm On Jan 14, 2017
@Car Doctor, I need help please. My 2007 Toyota corolla just started vibrating very badly once i start the car,i opened the hood to discover that the engine is vibrating badly. please what could be the possible cause. Never had this kinda issue before. Thanks
Re: Car And Engine Vibrating. by honmusa(m): 9:40pm On Jan 14, 2017
Sunnie7777:
@Car Doctor, I need help please. My 2007 Toyota corolla just started vibrating very badly once i start the car,i opened the hood to discover that the engine is vibrating badly. please what could be the possible cause. Never had this kinda issue before. Thanks
Any performance related issue cannot be outside of this 4 factors:
Air :Check for vacuum leak ,Dirty or faulty Maf,
Fuel :Restricted injector ,low fuel pressure,
Ignition :Bad spark plugs, faulty coil
Engine ;Low compression ,timing issue.
But no need circling through all this since your car is obd2 compliant.
Get the car diagnosed at a reputable professional to get to the root of the issue .
If you are Lagos ,u can call autologic @08061166316
Re: Car And Engine Vibrating. by Sunnie7777: 9:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
honmusa:

Any performance related issue cannot be outside of this 4 factors:
Air :Check for vacuum leak ,Dirty or faulty Maf,
Fuel :Restricted injector ,low fuel pressure,
Ignition :Bad spark plugs, faulty coil
Engine ;Low compression ,timing issue.
But no need circling through all this since your car is obd2 compliant.
Get the car diagnosed at a reputable professional to get to the root of the issue .
If you are Lagos ,u can call autologic @08061166316
Thanks for the advice.
Re: Car And Engine Vibrating. by kumari089(m): 3:04am On Jan 15, 2017
Why not check your Engine Seat first to confirm if your engine is properly seated

3 Likes

Re: Car And Engine Vibrating. by mayor2013: 4:53am On Jan 15, 2017
Did you take out your battery or remove battery terminal?
Re: Car And Engine Vibrating. by Sunnie7777: 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
kumari089:
Why not check your Engine Seat first to confirm if your engine is properly seated
My company mechanic thinks its the engine seat,when i told him about it over the fone,though he is yet to inspect the car. I actually drove through some rough terrain recently. i will see him tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.
Re: Car And Engine Vibrating. by mayor2013: 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
Sunnie7777:

My company mechanic thinks its the engine seat,when i told him about it over the fone,though he is yet to inspect the car. I actually drove through some rough terrain recently. i will see him tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

If you actually took off your battery terminal and put it back your car needs to undergo a relearn process to stabilise which can be done only manually by completing a drive cycle. But if otherwise then check your engine mountain and spark plugs conditions as well and check for unconnected vacuum intake hoses
Re: Car And Engine Vibrating. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Sunnie7777:

calculated guess based on history with toyota corrola. You have a faulty coil.

(1) (Reply)

Order Radiator Online Today. / Learn How O Drive Well And Safely-whatsapp/call-08109974859 / 22,000 Toyota And Lexus Cars Recalled Due To Fire Risk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.