Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Which Is The Best Tyre Presently - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is The Best Tyre Presently (28374 Views)

Why It Is Not Safe To Drive With A Donut Spare Tyre That Comes With Most New Car / Best Tyre Brand For Nigerian Road / What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by vpaymoney(m): 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2017
mamaafrik:
can FRSC catch a fellow CSRF??,no think am ma niggur
Afibee!
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by vpaymoney(m): 12:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hello vpaymoney,

Thank you for your inquiry,

We currently have:
Michelin 195/65 R15 =N=41,000/Tyre
Bridestone 195/65 R15 =N=36,800/Tyre
Dunlop 195/65 R15 =N=29,000/Tyre
Maxtrex 195/65 R15 =N=25,000/Tyre
Kindly let us know if you require further information.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by snipesdam(m): 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
vpaymoney:
Sirs pls as a matter of urgency, I need to get two tyres and I need a good tyre. The one I bought didn't last two months and get twisted.

@OP

https://www.nairaland.com/3441187/how-spot-altered-manufacture-date

Also to make ensure Your tyre lasts longer and avoid sudden bursts always follow car manufactures Tyre Inflation Rate (PSI)

After reading this ensure your buy a digital tyre pressure gauge as seen below.

Note Your Tyre is Rubber and It expands when hot (Friction)

If you are to Travel a distance of 200KM or more and your recommended tyre pressure states 32PSI and your Tyre says MAX 44PSI. Check your current PSI before you move and ensure it at 32PSI. Because before to get to 100km on a Hot day your tyre pressure would have increased to 40PSI due to friction.

Example: Port-Harcourt to Enugu. By the time you get to Enugu your tyre would have reach 40PSI or Over

Life has no duplicate. Apply Safety

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by snipesdam(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
This is Typical What Your Tyre looks like When Correctly Inflated, Under Inflated and Over inflated

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Sulehady: 8:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
If you own a peugeot I advice you go for Michelin. Better check you car manufacturer's recommendation. In this period of recession you need to visit a reputable tyre dealer and get the one you can afford as long as you don't drive Abuja to Kaduna everyweekend that is if you drive within Abuja BOTO and MAXXIS are ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by stanfford: 6:02am On Jul 28, 2017
Double king tyre is not a good product, I'm regretting buying 4 new double king tyres.....bought 4 brand new double king tyres about 5months ago, I started feeling a bumby drive few weeks ago, I reported to my mechanic, we checked all my suspensions, everything seem to be alright, he suggested we do a check on my tyres but I argued with him that they are brand new 2017 tyres......I got home and decided to do a check myself.....what I saw wasn't encouraging at all....one of the tyre was badly depressed and few others with little sign of depression, I called my mechanic to report my findings, he took me too to his store, I saw very neat tyres with good tyres, all double king, he told me dey are all bad, dat another client changed his too......he advised I stay away from double king especially, that if I don't have money I can buy Micheline tokumbo

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by zdi77(m): 12:28am On Aug 04, 2017
see this link https://www.oduaki.com/117-tyres-rim you will get good tyres there
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Bassey1010: 5:56am On Aug 19, 2017
Nokian tyres is the best for Nigeria road, because it durable and they have two years guaranteed

However the one I bought 2014 still in good shape I recommend . Please can anyone tell me where to buy it ... the shop I bought it, they are sold out.

Can somebody help?
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by magicfingers009: 7:34am On Aug 19, 2017
snipesdam:

@OP

https://www.nairaland.com/3441187/how-spot-altered-manufacture-date

Also to make ensure Your tyre lasts longer and avoid sudden bursts always follow car manufactures Tyre Inflation Rate (PSI)

After reading this ensure your buy a digital tyre pressure gauge as seen below.

Note Your Tyre is Rubber and It expands when hot (Friction)

If you are to Travel a distance of 200KM or more and your recommended tyre pressure states 32PSI and your Tyre says MAX 44PSI. Check your current PSI before you move and ensure it at 32PSI. Because before to get to 100km on a Hot day your tyre pressure would have increased to 40PSI due to friction.

Example: Port-Harcourt to Enugu. By the time you get to Enugu your tyre would have reach 40PSI or Over

Life has no duplicate. Apply Safety

Not trying to dispute your claims but from personal observation, a night before I made a journey from Lagos to Port Harcourt, I asked the Vulcanizer to pump my tyres (Michelin) to 40PSI.

I had a stop over at Okada (Edo state) for about 15mins. Then proceeded to PH. I checked the PSI on my tyres when I got home and they all remained at 40PSI.

I also did PH to Abakaliki and back and the PSI didn't change. I'm inclined to think that that theory that the pressure would increase is not correct. Maybe it depends on the tyres.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by snipesdam(m): 11:47am On Aug 19, 2017
magicfingers009:

Not trying to dispute your claims but from personal observation, a night before I made a journey from Lagos to Port Harcourt, I asked the Vulcanizer to pump my tyres (Michelin) to 40PSI.

I had a stop over at Okada (Edo state) for about 15mins. Then proceeded to PH. I checked the PSI on my tyres when I got home and they all remained at 40PSI.

I also did PH to Abakaliki and back and the PSI didn't change. I'm inclined to think that that theory that the pressure would increase is not correct. Maybe it depends on the tyres.

What was your average speed and what was the weather conditions? All these relatively affect tyre pressure. Also what kinda gauge did you use check your tyre psi? If it's an analog Gauge I don't guarantee it it giving you the right reading. Try to buy a small digital Gauge you will notice the difference, it's not expensive 2k.

Remember I said on a hot day. Though you may still get an increase of 2 or 3psi after travel a distance of over 200miles on normal weather.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by hisgrace090: 10:44am On Feb 14, 2018
Martini101:
If you cant affford brand new tire, go and get a neat tokunbo of 2014 above and enjoy your ride.
The good thing is that you will actually get the good big names( continetal, dunlop, mecheline, pirelli, faulken) at 8k belowetc.
Talking from experience.b

Note: Never allow those boys to talking you into buying anything manufactured below 2014.
Their sweet mouth no be here. Persistence is the key.

Mind you, car dealars do change the expiry date secretly.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by gonkin(m): 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
Pumped all my tyres to 40psi 2 weeks ago, driven about 150km since and some 1 is 32, 2 is 40, the other is 47psi(rear left) i really got confused. A whole 47
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Joguns(m): 10:21pm On Nov 14, 2018
vpaymoney:
Hello vpaymoney,

Thank you for your inquiry,

We currently have:
Michelin 195/65 R15 =N=41,000/Tyre
Bridestone 195/65 R15 =N=36,800/Tyre
Dunlop 195/65 R15 =N=29,000/Tyre
Maxtrex 195/65 R15 =N=25,000/Tyre
Kindly let us know if you require further information.
Please, do you have Maxtrex 235\70R16 and how much?
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by kernniejay(m): 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
I have been using Double King (Tokunbo for that matter) for a long time, since 2014, and I don't have any issues.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by peacengine(m): 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2018
mmb:
MICHELIN is the best tyre.

You know wasup bro
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by froze6(m): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2018
Learning
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by kitsune587: 5:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
With so many fake tyres in the market( where they easily fool you with cheaper price), it's better to go and buy from a genuine Tyre dealer like Michelin or directly from their website. Even though they make a little bit noise over high speed it is still better than my early purchases which has a burned a hole in my pocket with punctures and maintenance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by CrEaToRmalden(m): 9:57am On May 30, 2020
Here is a list of the best tyre brands in Nigeria. So, stop worrying yourself.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:11am On May 30, 2020
opedaydydx9:
Take a good vulcaniser and visit a tyre depot I got a fairly used one though last year, two for 14k.. And e still dey stand kakaraka
fairly used tyres are mostly expired tyres bro. Next time just top it up n buy new ones, they are by far better.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by flexit: 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2020
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by flexit: 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by VintescoGlobal(m): 8:22am On Jul 10, 2022
kitsune587:
With so many fake tyres in the market( where they easily fool you with cheaper price), it's better to go and buy from a genuine Tyre dealer like Michelin or directly from their website. Even though they make a little bit noise over high speed it is still better than my early purchases which has a burned a hole in my pocket with punctures and maintenance.

Kindly check me out today! I sell High grade Belgium Tyre.
Location is Anambra state
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by VintescoGlobal(m): 8:23am On Jul 10, 2022
tetralogyfallot:
fairly used tyres are mostly expired tyres bro. Next time just top it up n buy new ones, they are by far better.

Not quite sure. New Tyres are not even guaranteed. But the names may give you a better Tyre, like Michelin and Goodyear
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by VintescoGlobal(m): 8:24am On Jul 10, 2022
Guys kindly check me out today. I sell High grade Belgium Tyre.
Location is Onitsha Anambra state.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / The Good Old Days Of Toyota Prius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.