Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light (1481 Views)

Do-you-know-what-your-check-light-stands-for? / Check Light Keeps Blinking / What The Warning Symbols Flashing On Your Car's Dashboard Is Trying To Tell You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by Drogo(m): 10:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hello guys.Hope you are all having a great day.Am gonna need your help on this.
I changed my alternator today after I noticed the ba3 light was on and was hearing a very bad noise when I start the car and when I switch off the engine.the noise is gone now but noticed the check engine light started flashing intermittently while driving with noticeable loss of power occasionally.Prior to the alternator issue,the engine cranks for several seconds b4 starting when the engine is hot but starts almost immediately in the morning. I have changed the fuel pump,the spark plugs and the cold start sensor but problem still persists.
Will appreciate the advise of our car gurus in the house.
Thanks guys
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by mayor2013: 5:02am On Jan 15, 2017
Your check engine light flashing means you have a serious misfire on all cylinders of your cars. There are many things that can cause a random cylinder misfire, I would advice you stop driving that car for now as a misfire Is hazardous to your engine. A proper diagnosis needs to be carried out to rule out the problem. If you are in lagos call multiautolab on 08156087872 or 08165520837 to get a solution
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:32am On Jan 15, 2017
mayor2013:
Your check engine light flashing means you have a serious misfire on all cylinders of your cars. There are many things that can cause a random cylinder misfire, I would advice you stop driving that car for now as a misfire Is hazardous to your engine. A proper diagnosis needs to be carried out to rule out the problem. If you are in lagos call multiautolab on 08156087872 or 08165520837 to get a solution

I wouldnt say its misfire but flashing means an error code meaning the car needs to be hooked to a diagnostic machine and pull out the code and you start working with pulled out code
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by Kashif(m): 6:32am On Jan 15, 2017
ZIMDRILL:

I wouldnt say its misfire but flashing means an error code meaning the car needs to be hooked to a diagnostic machine and pull out the code and you start working with pulled out code

I have never seen check engine light flashing that is not misfire related.

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:53am On Jan 15, 2017
Drogo:
Hello guys.Hope you are all having a great day.Am gonna need your help on this.
I changed my alternator today after I noticed the ba3 light was on and was hearing a very bad noise when I start the car and when I switch off the engine.the noise is gone now but noticed the check engine light started flashing intermittently while driving with noticeable loss of power occasionally.Prior to the alternator issue,the engine cranks for several seconds b4 starting when the engine is hot but starts almost immediately in the morning. I have changed the fuel pump,the spark plugs and the cold start sensor but problem still persists.
Will appreciate the advise of our car gurus in the house.
Thanks guys

check that all 4coil harness (socket) are connected properly, and ensure all coils are not leaking, and sparkplugs are ok.

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by Drogo(m): 10:30am On Jan 15, 2017
I also noticed the oil level drops a little anytime I travel with the car.what could be happening? Pls help.Forgot to add that to d symptoms
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by Drogo(m): 10:35am On Jan 15, 2017
Also, there is this low rattling noise I hear when am accelerating.....
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by autotrader2: 10:52am On Jan 15, 2017
Drogo:
Also, there is this low rattling noise I hear when am accelerating.....

If you scan and find out the coils are bad, you can contact me at 09086679585 to get the US Spec Ignition coils with guarantee.
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by mayor2013: 10:54am On Jan 15, 2017
Drogo:
I also noticed the oil level drops a little anytime I travel with the car.what could be happening? Pls help.Forgot to add that to d symptoms

What engine type do you have there? If 2az engine there by have been numerous complains about oil shortage on 2az engines. Ask your mechanic to check for oil leaks first
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by Drogo(m): 11:34am On Jan 15, 2017
What about the rattling noise
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by mayor2013: 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2017
Drogo:

What type of engine oil have you been using
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by honmusa(m): 1:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
Drogo:
From all the symptoms u states:
1.Flashing misfing
2.Engine oil shorting
3.Rattling Noice
There is some indication that you have oil leaking into the combustion chamber as a result of worn piston ring and the leaked oil is getting in contact with the plugs which is why u have severed misfire resulting in flashing check engine light.
Apart from Camry 2007 notorious for engine oil shorting, worn piston is always as a result of using wrong oil to service the car and this has as resulted to rattling engine noice due to worn con rod etc.
To confirm all these ,remove the spark plugs to confirm the presence of oil on tips.
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
Drogo:

Guy save money buy engine.
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by emmaak2(m): 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

check that all 4coil harness (socket) are connected properly, and ensure all coils are not leaking, and sparkplugs are ok.

best reply...same tin happen 2 me and this was d cause
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by Drogo(m): 5:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
Plugs are dry.
Does anyone have an idea of how much a Good engine will cost?
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by Kashif(m): 8:52am On Jan 16, 2017
Drogo:

Ask your mechanic to remove the belt and run the engine. That way, you will confirm if the rattle is inside or outside the engine. If it goes away with the belt removed, concentrate on the externals driven by the belt else, undecided undecided
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by mayor2013: 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
Better go buy another engine
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by oNj(m): 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
Looks like this 2007 Camry is the worst in "muscle" family.... Notorious for Excessive oil consumption
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by Kashif(m): 4:23pm On Jan 16, 2017
mayor2013:
Better go buy another engine

Just like that?
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by mayor2013: 7:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
Kashif:

Just like that?

Look up sir and see the numerous problem stated up
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by Drogo(m): 10:27am On Jan 17, 2017
D oil consumption may not be noticed if d dipstick isn't checked closely.
D car drives fine though and I have not had that misfire ever since I posted the topic......
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by mayor2013: 10:42am On Jan 17, 2017
Drogo:
D oil consumption may not be noticed if d dipstick isn't checked closely.
D car drives fine though and I have not had that misfire ever since I posted the topic......

What amperage rating does your alternator have. I hope it was same specification originally came with the car
Re: Camry 2007 Flashing Check Light by Drogo(m): 12:23pm On Jan 17, 2017
@mayor2013-let me check that up. I noticed the flashing check light after I changed the alternator.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need Camry 2010 Or 2012/venza/sienna 2010? / 4 Unique Features Of The 2018 Honda Accord / Is This A New Pathfinder Truck?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.