Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Why You Should Meditate On God's Words - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Meditate On God's Words (9287 Views)

Lesson From RCCG Kidnapped Deaconess, Ibelegbo Chidinma: Depend On God Alone! / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Scriptures That You Must Meditate On While Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by Thepasserby(m): 1:57am On Jan 15, 2017
Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Meditation as an act of deep thinking about something has been an age long tradition and secret to success. Just like every other exercise carried out by the body, there are benefits attached to meditating on the words of God. The words of God is true and stands the test of time and the only way to unlock the blessings attached to these words is to strictly meditate and obey them.

Here are the benefits attached to meditation on God's words.

1. God will be felt (Mat 17:1-6, Jer 29:13)
When you meditate on God's words, HE takes out time to commune with you. HIS presence is felt each time we meditate diligently on HIS words. All men who have felt the presence of God, meditated on HIS words. God's presence is not far from HIS words.

2. God will reveal HIS actions to us
"Then the LORD said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do?" (Gen 18:17)

3. You labor less (Acts 13:2)
Meditation on the words of God gives you a direction and it helps you to labor less.

4. It increases your strength (Isaiah 40:30-31)

Tools needed for a life of meditation
1. A thirst and hunger for GOD (Psalm 42:1-2, 119:9,11)

2. Fervent prayers (Luke 6:12)

3. Study of the word (Joshua 1:8-9)

REMEMBER: JESUS LOVES YOU
source: www.abaprissy..com

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by Jeromejnr(m): 12:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
God doesn't joke with words. Especially His.

Remember He said "we will all give account of every idle words we speak"

This is a deep revelation for some to understand, but the reason the world is messed up and most peoples lives are messed up is because of the words that they speak habitually out of their mouths which comes from the heart.

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue" Proverbs.

The longest chapter in the bible was dedicated to just talking about how important the word is.

Jesus lived and breathe the word. So much so that He said " Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God" every word.

Btw, this is not just about been able to recite John 3:16.its far deeper than dat. Its about revelation in the heart that ignites faith.

"For the just shall live by faith"

Ever wondered why you are weak and you don't see power in your life as the days of old?

Well, you can keep on feeding on the junks on social media.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by ignis: 12:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
Offering time...
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by arsenic33(m): 12:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
Really?
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by ojun50(m): 12:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by isaiahethan: 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
Praise God

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by GlassDoc: 12:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
ALLELUIA !!! ALL GLORY TO GOD.....HAPPY SUNDAY CHILDREN OF GOD.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by jumich1(m): 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
I quite agree with you totally. Happy Sunday
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
Pls, throw more light on it-like how can one go about it and where can you start from?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by emmayayodeji(m): 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
I Dont care
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by dljbd1(m): 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
This is just similar to what was thought at Harvesters today (2nd service).
Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by akinluyi02(m): 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
Very correct...but were can one start frm
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by tuna4servi(m): 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
Copy dat
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by friedcorn: 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
Op nice one.

Please people of God, i want to learn the word everyday but am finding difficulty with it. For instance, is it like i will just open the bible and begin to read any book and chapter i see first? Or should i use devotional? Please help me grow spiritually ooo. Tanx

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by datola: 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2017
The word of God is life and spirit.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
Nice one. True indeed. Happy Sunday.
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
god doesn't speak
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by twosquare(m): 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
More revealing of truth and divine guidance.
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by wisz1(m): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2017
friedcorn:
Op nice one.

Please people of God, i want to learn the word everyday but am finding difficulty with it. For instance, is it like i will just open the bible and begin to read any book and chapter i see first? Or should i use devotional? Please help me grow spiritually ooo. Tanx
you can look for daily bible reading plan (a year ,2years reading plan etc)and use it.
You can also start your reading from the book Of GENESIS.
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by Afribiz(f): 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
The Word of God works!
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by Btruth: 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
HIS words are yes & amen.
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by Btruth: 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
friedcorn:
Op nice one.

try www.odb.com they will make it easy for you everyday.

Shalom!
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by johnstar(m): 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
Pls embarassed i don't knw how to mediate

Teach me cry cry

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by dcutey: 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
friedcorn:
Op nice one.

Friedcorn, there are so many ways to learn the word of God everyday. You can buy a daily devotional written by a man of God whom you believe or even download a daily devotional app. I personally use the daily devotional from Kenneth Copeland "From Faith to Faith" and I hear it's now also available on an app. You could also buy books on specific subject matter and ensure you read a chapter each day. It's very important to pray to God for wisdom and revelation as you study His word.
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by polosco(m): 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
friedcorn:
Op nice one.

Meditating on d word of God is that you take a portion of the word and look at it from different angles, you pick on a word, a phrase, a sentence, a paragraph, a topic, a Chapter. Most commonly new searchers start from JOHN, so u may start from John chapter 1, and go it gently, word for word.
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by SurePresident: 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
OP, thanks so much for this post. Happy Sunday. I learned a lot from the post below too, I wonder why it's not yet on fp if what we crave for is a better society.

EternalBeing:
Let's get real! I thanks GOD for my current spiritual state. I was able to give up my addition to ganja(indian hemp) 3 years ago when I newly accepted Christ. But sometimes the urge to smoke still comes back so strongly even more than the urge to have sex/fornicate. My saving Grace has being that I realized throughout my years of ganja addition then, whenever I don't smoke for some days, I'll remember my dreams vividly and the things I saw would always happen. Ever since I totally quit, this phenomena has been constant. So, I discovered that everyone is his/her best Pastor/Prophet/Alfa/Herbalist if only we can do away with vices such as sexual immorality, smoking, etc. For brethren here on NL that have totally broken free from these familiars shackles and common captivities, help us by telling us how you permanently freed your mind from entertaining or dwelling on the evil thoughts that leads to sins.

CC: Lalasticlala, Seun, MissIfylove, Mods.

www.nairaland.com/3525405/question-how-live-holy-life
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by SIRmanjar(m): 1:48pm On Jan 15, 2017
U forgot wisdom, knowledge ad prosperity.When u fast ad meditate in Gods word u get wiser ad prosperous.
I can testify to dat.
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by walezy85: 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
hmmm,Our today's Sunday school topic is the efficacy of God word.....its powerful and sharper than any two edged sword......in short We can't do without the word of God.more of grace in Our life in Jesus name.Amen
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by LONGFELLOW02(m): 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
SIRmanjar:
U forgot wisdom, knowledge ad prosperity.When u fast ad meditate in Gods word u get wiser ad prosperous.
I can testify to dat.

Why is it that some pple pray, fast meditate the word of God and serve God with faithful heart but there life still remain the way they are?
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
After jesus Christ died for our sins , we should still meditating ......abi what did say?
Re: Why You Should Meditate On God's Words by SIRmanjar(m): 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
LONGFELLOW02:

Why is it that some pple pray, fast meditate the word of God and serve God with faithful heart but there life still remain the way they are?
It's like dey fast ad pray d wrong prayers and dont practice wot dey medidate on.when u read a passage dat encourages u to love,forgive, hav faith etc do u put it into practice?u have to put wot u meditate on to action.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Curse And Blessing; How Effective Are They? / Religion Stories With Moral Lessons / Can Christians Be Hurt By Witchcraft Or Black Magic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.