Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,563 members, 7,801,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content (5112 Views)

Two High Ranking Domains For Sale / How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content / Image Optimization For High Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:48am On Jan 15, 2017
DMCA Report is a feature for webmasters and bloggers who are being outranked by their own content.

Many people have complained of top sites like NaijaLoaded stealing their content and its a frustrating situation to be in when some other sites use your own content as their own and even get higher rank on Google search than your website.

Picture this, you create a new post , publish it in your website, then someone just comes along, grabs your content, and posts it on their site.

Many times I've been tempted to file a DMCA report against some websites who refuse to link back to my blog as the source for the content they allegedly stole but I just leave it because most of them are blogs that I rank higher than.

The website where the content originated should be awarded with a higher search rank. However these sites have their own ways to outsmart netizens .

The worst thing that can happen is that the original publisher’s blog gets buried down the search engine return page.

Bloggers who have any complaint against a website that outranks them can now ask Google’s help to correct the situation. The scraper report will require you to fill in some specific information.

Here's how:

1. Go to the form: (link at the end of the post)
2. Enter the exact URL of the original content (your site's page)
3. Add the exact URL of the scraped content (the stealer's page)
4. Add the Google search result URL that demonstrate the problem.
Before submitting your form, you must be aware of Google's terms of service so if any legal issues may arise, Google can properly handle the problem. After submitting, Relax and watch Google do its work.

Links

Blog With Adsense Ads

https://support.google.com/adsense/contact/violation_report?rd=1

Blogger Blog

https://support.google.com/legal/troubleshooter/1114905?rd=1/troubleshooter/1114905?rd=1

For WordPress blogs file a report to DMCA or the offender's web host

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:49am On Jan 15, 2017
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by Kingstel(m): 7:01am On Jan 15, 2017
Informative. tongue
NEVER MISTAKE THIS, LADIES! NO MAN LEAVES YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE BETTER THAN HIM

http://www.vineck.com/2017/01/never-mistake-this-ladies-no-man-leaves.html
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by D34lw4p(m): 7:02am On Jan 15, 2017
This is very good!!
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by ITbomb(m): 7:28am On Jan 15, 2017
You must be very patient if you want to see results.

But if your report is considered, the punishment is always severe
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 15, 2017
I like ur posts and ur blog too
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by techcorb: 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:46am On Jan 16, 2017
techcorb:

Bro Can you help me review my tech blog
https://www.techcorb.com
Thanks.
How can improve it?

Let me check
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by techcorb: 6:50am On Jan 16, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Let me check
Thanks bro
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by dogstyle007(m): 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by techcorb: 10:23pm On Jan 16, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Let me check
Bro I am still waiting for you
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by Bigajeff(m): 11:25pm On Jan 16, 2017
contents, hmn ranking
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:29am On Jan 17, 2017
techcorb:

Bro I am still waiting for you
The site is nice. Loads fast and you're applying the latest web design trend on the site that's the AMP. It's quite impressive. Just post more interesting content.

1 Like

Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by ngoben(f): 6:58am On Jan 17, 2017
nice one... Good morning everyone
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by OKorowanta: 6:59am On Jan 17, 2017
Awesome post.
If Linda Ikeji use dis approach,countless blogs will suffer.

2 Likes

Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by Jengem: 7:00am On Jan 17, 2017
OKorowanta:
Awesome post.
If Linda Ikeji use dis approach,countless blogs will suffer.

Linda steals too

Nairaland being the worst

3 Likes

Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by jide219(m): 7:01am On Jan 17, 2017
Wetin naijaloaded do u op,shey mankinde tell make your nor out rank am.jealousy
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:07am On Jan 17, 2017
jide219:
Wetin naijaloaded do u op,shey mankinde tell make your nor out rank am.jealousy
lol.. I'm a Tech Blogger, I have nothing against him. A lot of bloggers have complained about their post being copied by his site.

1 Like

Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by Benjom(m): 7:20am On Jan 17, 2017
Thanks for this post. I've been looking for a way to nail some big sites that copied my contents verbatim without due credit... but shouldn't there be a form of compensation? @ Naijatechguy
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by Rainmaker69(m): 7:23am On Jan 17, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
DMCA Report is a feature for webmasters and bloggers who are being outranked by their own content.

Please note that DMCA is an American law and doesn't (automatically) apply to the entire internet. DMCA means Digital Millennium Copyright Act. When you file a DMCA report, you're making a Copyright Infringement Claim which is a legal issue so its advisable that you consult an intellectual property lawyer first. This is because the DMCA will not always apply on grounds of jurisdiction. Sometimes, its the Nigerian Copyright Act that will apply.
The first thing to do is seek counsel from a lawyer and then serve the website or blog with a Cease and Desist Notice before taking any punitive legal action.

3 Likes

Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by shaggy007(m): 7:31am On Jan 17, 2017
Jengem:

Linda steals too

Nairaland being the worst

Nairaland is not a blog. It's a forum.

3 Likes

Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by sakalisis(m): 7:38am On Jan 17, 2017
Okies
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by Jengem: 7:40am On Jan 17, 2017
shaggy007:

Nairaland is not a blog. It's a forum.

So?
They are not subject to copyright?

Abeg explain

1 Like

Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by Strongbest(m): 7:42am On Jan 17, 2017
Damn it!
Coming for your heads!
Ooops! Thanks for this great post. Giggling.
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by shaggy007(m): 7:44am On Jan 17, 2017
Jengem:

So?
They are not subject to copyright?

Abeg explain

Go to the bottom of the nairaland page and read..

"Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland"

And you always include a "source" when posting. So if there's a problem, take it out with the "source".
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by googlepikins: 8:15am On Jan 17, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
lol.. I'm a Tech Blogger, I have nothing against him. A lot of bloggers have complained about their post being copied by his site.
all of you bloggers are the same. Am surprised you are even writing this. Cos I know if I should start copy scapping all your content I will see people's work that you rewrote. Double dare me and I will prove you wrong. All you Nigerian bloggers are all the same.
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by skytreader(m): 8:25am On Jan 17, 2017
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by Jengem: 8:27am On Jan 17, 2017
shaggy007:

Go to the bottom of the nairaland page and read..

"Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland"

And you always include a "source" when posting. So if there's a problem, take it out with the "source".

So a disclaimer is right to allow copyright infringement

Pls take your law degree back to oluwole if u have any
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by shaggy007(m): 8:50am On Jan 17, 2017
Jengem:

So a disclaimer is right to allow copyright infringement

Pls take your law degree back to oluwole if u have any

Dunce.

You read the disclaimer part but you conveniently left out the "source" part.

All these useless Muslims.
Re: How To Report A High Ranking Blog That Stole Your Content by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:52am On Jan 17, 2017
skytreader:
NaijaTechGuy, who really authored this post?

This is yours:

https://www.nairaland.com/3559302/5-reasons-why-blogging-better

This is the other:

https://www.nairaland.com/3503528/advantages-blogging-over-other-professions

If you check the link to my blog, I specifically mentioned the name of the blogger who sent it to me.

He's the same person who made the post. He's the original author of the post, he sent me the post I made some modifications before publishing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Common Server Attack Issues And Preventive Measures / Worst Nigerian Website / Javascript Code To Make Rolling Banners/images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.