Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Is Esu In Yoruba Language Is Bible/quran Referring As Satan - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Esu In Yoruba Language Is Bible/quran Referring As Satan (2026 Views)

Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / Names Of Various Animals In Yoruba Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Esu In Yoruba Language Is Bible/quran Referring As Satan by Badtman(m): 8:37am On Jan 15, 2017
Hello! Nairalanders, I'm not a Blogger neither a good writer but i hope if i continue to construct it together like this i will be a good Writer one day like Toyebacanista, Tosyntumuch and Co at my @OnlineAproko FB page.

Someone ask a Question that is Esu in Yoruba Language is the Satan in Bible and Quran.

I replied him Capital No!!!

Esu Lalu is a god like Others gods

Male Àwọn Òrìṣà (Orishas)

Aganjú - Orisha of volcanoes, the wilderness and rivers

Babalú Ayé - Orisha of the Earth and strongly associated with infectious disease and healing

Erinlẹ̀ - Orisha of medicine, healing, and comfort, physician to the gods

Èṣù - trickster, psychopomp and Orisha of crossroads, duality, beginnings, travelers, fertility and death

Ibeji - twin Orisha of vitality and youth

Kokou - a violent warrior Orisha

Ọbàtálá - creator of human bodies; Orisha of light, spiritual purity, and moral uprightness

Oduduwa - Orisha of Humans

Ògún - Orisha who presides over iron, fire, hunting, politics and war

Oko - Orisha of agriculture

Osanyin - Orisha of the forest

Oṣùmàrè - divine rainbow serpent associated with creation and procreation

Ọ̀ṣọ́ọ̀sì - Orisha of the hunt and forest

Ṣàngó, also Shango - Orisha of thunder and lightning

Sopona - Orisha of smallpox, also known as Babalu Aye

Female Àwọn Òrìṣà (Orishas)

Aja - Orisha of the forest, the animals within it, and herbal healing

Aje - Orisha of wealth

Ayao - Orisha of air

Egungun-oya - Orisha of divination

Mawu - creator goddess, associated with the sun and moon

Nana Buluku - androgynous Supreme Creator

Ọbà - first wife of Shango and Orisha of domesticity and marriage

Olókun - patron Orisha of the descendants of Africans who were carried away during the Atlantic Slave Trade or Middle Passage

Ọ̀ṣun - Orisha who presides over love, intimacy, beauty, wealth and diplomacy

Ọya - Orisha of the Niger River ; associated with wind, lightning, fertility, fire, and magic

Yemọja - a mother goddess ; patron deity of women, and the Ogun river

our Ancestors Worship them before the Foreigners Religion enter the Africa continent but i don't know who mislead the Yoruba's that Esu Lalu is the Satan that was mention in the Bible/Quran but when we have been born in Religion home then we must embraced our Parent Religions Proudly Muslim but Africa Culture first the White should stop nonsense .
Infact i concur with the Esu Lalu because When you beg and offer him a Sacrifice , he will listen to you and confuse your oppressor, than the Man of God who made an Inciteful statement and Extorted Money from the Street hawkers to Build First Class University and buy Private Jet
Laishey President.

Proudly Africa
Proudly Nigeria
Proudly Yoruba

@OnlineAproko © FB page CEO to be if God Approve it

NB: I'm a Muslim, Fear Nobody than my Creator .

1 Share

Re: Is Esu In Yoruba Language Is Bible/quran Referring As Satan by Badtman(m): 8:40am On Jan 15, 2017
bigfrancis21 , odumchi ,
Fulaman198, Bro Seun, Mynd44 Lalasticlala

Edakun Epp me push it to Front page maybe Nairalander will dash me Likes for the Write up though I'm still a Learner but i tried my Best grin
Re: Is Esu In Yoruba Language Is Bible/quran Referring As Satan by lepasharon(f): 6:14am On Jan 17, 2017
Blame samuel ajay, it was a mistranslation. A fraudulent one

1 Like

Re: Is Esu In Yoruba Language Is Bible/quran Referring As Satan by Badtman(m): 7:00am On Jan 20, 2017
lepasharon:
Blame samuel ajay, it was a mistranslation. A fraudulent one
Hmmmmm you have said it My Sis
Re: Is Esu In Yoruba Language Is Bible/quran Referring As Satan by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 12, 2017
Esu is not Satan of the Bible/Quran in any way. He was a human being deitified to orisa. His name was Esu Laalu (Laalu is actually Ola Ilu meaning someone who enjoys patronage of the community). Again, he is referred to as Ogiri Oko (Again, he was the defendant of Oko quarters...Oko is found in Osun and Kwara States today)
Re: Is Esu In Yoruba Language Is Bible/quran Referring As Satan by YonkijiSappo: 10:59pm On Mar 12, 2017
koropon:
Esu is not Satan of the Bible/Quran in any way. He was a human being deitified to orisa. His name was Esu Laalu (Laalu is actually Ola Ilu meaning someone who enjoys patronage of the community). Again, he is referred to as Ogiri Oko (Again, he was the defendant of Oko quarters...Oko is found in Osun and Kwara States today)

Can you please quote the particular Odu and Ese Ifa that verifies these things? Especially that Esu was once human. How can a quarter of a town be found in two different states?

(1) (Reply)

See The Most Evil And Powerful Tree In Igbo Land (photos) / Our Cultural Heritage:abiriba Obina Dance Repackaged / What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.