Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,455 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu (37544 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Chiwetalu Agu / Chiwetalu Agu: I Am The Most Handsome Actor Alive NO Arguments (photo) / Destiny Etiko Kisses Chiwetalu Agu As He Rests His Head On Her Chest On Set (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by glowithdan(m): 9:14am On Jan 15, 2017
Tinsel actor, Gideon Okeke, drew some flak during the week when he took to his social media page to say that veteran actor, Chiwetalu Agu should be sanctioned for his use of vulgar words in movies.

He wrote,

“You know him as the wicked uncle in films, but I need to check the sanity of my ears and mind whenever he comes on screen…the measure of liberty this actor enjoys from directors and producers to improvise vulgarities in movies is not funny anymore…hiding behind the pretext that not all your audience understands Igbo language is no excuse to throw all decorum out of the window…this is a case for the Film and Video Censors Board…”

However, after several attacks from his fans, Gideon deleted the post.

Sunday Scoop reached out to Agu for his reaction to the allegations levelled against him, and he said,

“Let him leave the censors board to do their job, or does he work with them? Anybody can say anything or come to whatever conclusion they please. The viewers would judge whether I use vulgar words in movies or not. People who watch movies are the ultimate judges. I do not even know who Gideon Okeke is; I do not think I have ever heard his name. If people like AMAA are talking to me about this, I would know how to react appropriately. But this is an individual I do not even know. He has his own style, and I have mine which has won me awards all over the continent and even beyond.”

Speaking further, he said, “This is the first time anyone will be accusing me of vulgarity. Others have been hailing me. What we do is satire; we are re-enacting what happens in the society. People I have encountered and those who have called me have been full of praise for me. It will also interest you to know that I am the highest award-winning actor in Africa. I have 47 awards to my name; and the second person behind me has not even got up to 10 awards. Two years ago, I took two cows to church to celebrate and thank God for giving me the highest number of awards in Africa. Secondly, I have done 727 productions. It is a rare record in Africa. I am also the current holder of the Best Veteran Actor award which was given to me in Ohio, United States of America. People like Olu Jacobs and other time-tested Nollywood practitioners were nominated for that same award but I was chosen. My record is the best in all ramifications. I have spent about 35 years in the movie industry, and I am a big pillar of Nollywood.”

He further said he is appreciated by leaders all over the world. “Even former President Goodluck Jonathan confessed about three years ago that whenever he travels out of the country, foreign leaders ask after people like me, Jim Iyke, and Genevieve Nnaji. Because of that, he put N3bn into Nollywood’s account, and asked the former Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to manage the funds for Nollywood. This fund is still open to Nollywood practitioners. It goes without saying that I am very big in Nollywood. I am a father, legend, and icon,” he said.

Calls put through to Gideon were not answered or returned as of the time of filing this report.

http://punchng.com/dont-know-gideon-okeke-chiwetalu-agu/

104 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 15, 2017
Seriously who is Gideon Okeke? angry

327 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by Hundreddegrees(m): 9:22am On Jan 15, 2017
I don't know him too undecided

Meanwhile Baba used this moment to show off all his achievements

God bless you sir cool

355 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:23am On Jan 15, 2017
grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by blazeahams(m): 9:39am On Jan 15, 2017
cool

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by TeleboiZ005(m): 9:39am On Jan 15, 2017
Chiwetelu Agu is a Role model!

take it or leave it!

195 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by wizzybro10(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2017
I dnt know him also.....LOBATAN

153 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 15, 2017
On behalf of all the people of akwa Ibom and cross river state, we don't know him either.

223 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by edlion57(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2017
Chief Chiwetalu agu... Gideon okeke wants to use ur name to get a name for himself...because me no knw am too ...b4 now

184 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by tukdi: 9:40am On Jan 15, 2017
Here in Afghanistan, we don't know Gideon Okeke! cool

164 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by kingsamosy(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2017
grin see finishing. who is Gideon okeke by the way?

156 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by ednut1(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2017
plays ayele oo ibosi o

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by Dezzx(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by IbrahimJafr: 9:41am On Jan 15, 2017
Eyya see finishing

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by kelexray(m): 9:41am On Jan 15, 2017
Me too but d name sound familiar, his he going my way? grin grin grin[img][/img] grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by chanx: 9:41am On Jan 15, 2017
He has a way of creating fun in movies

49 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by Fedayeen02: 9:41am On Jan 15, 2017
Best answer.

Gideon Okeke will regret ever dabbling into matters that are of no concern to him.

The idiot Gideon didn't advise Cossy, Bobrisky, Denrele Tonto, Doris, Ghanaian Artiste rather he came after som1 whose words gives us happiness

Gideon drink this

174 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by iammanuel(m): 9:41am On Jan 15, 2017
WHO IS GIDEON OKEKE SELF.. .

163 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by peacesamuel94(m): 9:41am On Jan 15, 2017
me too.

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 15, 2017
"Who is Gideon Okeke" grin

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by lawboss: 9:42am On Jan 15, 2017
glowithdan:
Tinsel actor , Gideon Okeke , drew some flak during the week when he took to his social media page to say that veteran actor , Chiwetalu Agu should be sanctioned for his use of vulgar words in movies . He wrote , “ You know him as the wicked uncle in films, but I need to check the sanity of my ears and mind whenever he comes on screen … the measure of liberty this actor enjoys from directors and producers to improvise vulgarities in movies is not funny anymore … hiding behind the pretext that not all your audience understands Igbo language is no excuse to throw all decorum out of the window … this is a case for the Film and Video Censors Board …” However , after several attacks from his fans , Gideon deleted the post .
Sunday Scoop reached out to Agu for his reaction to the allegations levelled against him , and he said , “ Let him leave the censors board to do their job , or does he work with them? Anybody can say anything or come to whatever conclusion they please . The viewers would judge whether I use vulgar words in movies or not . People who watch movies are the ultimate judges. I do not even know who Gideon Okeke is; I do not think I have ever heard his name . If people like AMAA are talking to me about this , I would know how to react appropriately . But this is an individual I do not even know . He has his own style , and I have mine which has won me awards all over the continent and even beyond . ”
Speaking further , he said , “ This is the first time anyone will be accusing me of vulgarity . Others have been hailing me . What we do is satire; we are re-enacting what happens in the society. People I have encountered and those who have called me have been full of praise for me. It will also interest you to know that I am the highest award-winning actor in Africa . I have 47 awards to my name ; and the second person behind me has not even got up to 10 awards . Two years ago , I took two cows to church to celebrate and thank God for giving me the highest number of awards in Africa. Secondly, I have done 727 productions . It is a rare record in Africa . I am also the current holder of the Best Veteran Actor award which was given to me in Ohio, United States of America . People like Olu Jacobs and other time - tested Nollywood practitioners were nominated for that same award but I was chosen . My record is the best in all ramifications . I have spent about 35 years in the movie industry , and I am a big pillar of Nollywood. ”
He further said he is appreciated by leaders all over the world. “ Even former President Goodluck Jonathan confessed about three years ago that whenever he travels out of the country , foreign leaders ask after people like me , Jim Iyke , and Genevieve Nnaji . Because of that , he put N3 bn into Nollywood ’ s account , and asked the former Finance Minister , Ngozi Okonjo - Iweala to manage the funds for Nollywood. This fund is still open to Nollywood practitioners . It goes without saying that I am very big in Nollywood . I am a father , legend , and icon , ” he said .

http://punchng.com/dont-know-gideon-okeke-chiwetalu-agu/
nice one

37 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by jodavid(m): 9:42am On Jan 15, 2017
Who is Gideon Okeke?

Gideon Eche-Okeke is mostly known for his great talent in popular African MNET drama Tinsel where he plays the role of Philip Ade-Williams. He was born on July 23rd to Mr and Mrs. Okeke as the only child and hails from Abagana, Anambra State.The popular actor graduated from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, with a degree in Applied Biochemistry. Gideon has been nominated for awards such as best Actor In a Drama Series, NEA Awards 2010 and Actor of The Year’ at The FUTURE awards 2009 and finally won Best Actor In a TV Series at NEA Awards.

Modified: This is for those who dont know Gideon Okeke. You should have known a thing or two about him after reading this.
My take on the issue is that I love both actors.. Gideon has freedom to voice out, and shouldnt be criticized.
Agu is a Nollywood Legend and should be lauded. But being @ the top doesnt mean you should degrade a critic.. I respect his answer though. The Censors Board should deal with such issues.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:42am On Jan 15, 2017
Ok. no wahala we don hear u.. Happy sunday nairalanders.. grin grin angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by LegalBaby(f): 9:42am On Jan 15, 2017
am sure someone composed this reply for him

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by onosprince(m): 9:42am On Jan 15, 2017
This Gideon way get strong head and no dey take kissing dey play for him films.

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by goldfish80(m): 9:42am On Jan 15, 2017
This man is a legend . His comedy have made up for the loss of Sam loco Efe

107 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by obinna2nv(m): 9:42am On Jan 15, 2017
Come to think of it, it never occurred to anyone that he was vulger or anything like that. All I see on social media are praises and funny memes. And now this Gideon wants to come and spoil the man's name.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by lawboss: 9:43am On Jan 15, 2017
Hmmm....i never knew this man has such accolades oo....some people are just silent achievers.

143 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by livingg(m): 9:43am On Jan 15, 2017
No wonder Gideon Okeke dey envy this guy. #jealousy

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 15, 2017
The okeke guy just got himself publicity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Loved Up Photo Of Vera Sidika And Her Ex- BF Before Their Relationship Turned So / Former Beauty Queen, Anna Banner Shows Off Some Cleavage, In Sexy Jumpsuit. / Lola, My Woman Crush - Peter Okoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.