Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,434 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:18 PM

The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! (2717 Views)

How To Get Your Money Back From The MMM / How The MMM Owner Makes Huge Money At Your Expense / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 11:57am On Jan 15, 2017
I've tried minding my own business, but as a great man rightly said, 'evil persists because good men and women sit their arse down and do nothing'. When this whole scheme started early this year, I gave a passing warning to my friends that were promoting it then. Most didn't listen to me so I left them to live their lives and do with their money what they deem fit.
I never knew the stupidity would get to the massive scale that it has now, enough to cause me take a second look at it and the dangers it protrays for me and my countrymen and women.

That MMM is a scam is not in doubt. But what is in doubt though is the level Nigerians would allow greed to consume them. I never knew Nigerians were this greedy, selfish, lazy and gullible till this MMM scam. I've seen a very intelligent guy, the best in my department way back in school, fall for this cheap scam orchestrated by a Russian peasant. Education at it's best doesnt define smartness or even intelligence.

I'm just trying to make frontpage!
No buddy. I've made a couple of those in my hay days on Nairaland. Infact Nairaland is now super boring to me. I log in here like 2 times every 6 months.

Is it your money?
Yes it is. It is our money! That money you are holding in your hands does not exactly belong to you. You did not print it and you sweetheart do not determine it's value. The CBN does. They can come up tomorrow and say that those papers you are holding right now are just as worthless as your tissue paper.
Having said that, let me paint a picture for you of what would happen when you've stupidly given all the monies we have right now away to Russia and the Movrodia pig.
Each day, the MMM minions that you call guiders convert those cash you pay into 'bank accounts' into foreign currencies and move them out of Nigeria. They do this by purchasing bitcoins and sending to the MMM masterminds all over the world as a percentage of their business profit. Its true that the pay the Nigerian bitcoin sellers in Naira. But the bitcoin sellers in turn change the Naira to hard currencies so that hey would be able to purchase bitcoins from their foreign vendors. What this mean is that our meager reserve of foreign currencies with the CBN is been further depleted, further devaluing our already devalued Naira and causing massive inflation in it's wake and more hardship for the poor masses.

SO before you say 'is it your money' think again!

'MMM has done so much for me than Buhari and Nigeria have!

Easy there tiger. whilst MMM has given you some free cash to roam with, what about those your fellow countrymen that can't pay their school fees now? what about those that are in the hospital as we speak? Do you know some have even committed suicide?
C'mon you can't be this selfish!! The money you are enjoying now was supposed to be someone else's school fees, trading capital, feeding money. Are you truly happy spending this? MMM has shown that most Nigerians are bigots! They would kill their fellow humans for rituals if that would help them.

How is MMM a scam when i am just paying into other Nigerian accounts?

well honey. That's genius of Mavrodi. He want's to give your the impression that you are truly doing a common good while in essence you might funding a terrorist ring.
While you might be paying into other Nigerian accounts, what you do not know is that those accounts are pseudos set up just for this purpose. MMM operates those accounts in connivance with Nigerian businesses, individuals (guilders) etc. That is the more reason why they have to be the one to 'Match' you. They match your mumuness to pay into their several accounts, after that, they would instruct their 'guilder' to come online to proclaim that he received so so. The more the guilder proclaims the false claims, the more cuts/% he gets from Mav genius.

The danger in this is that if we allow this to continue, banks would not have floating capitals to do business with. Do you know what this means? their would be massive sacks in banks. Banks are the highest employers of labour right now. That your brother, that your sister that is working in a bank right now might be sacked soon.

The second danger which is much more scarier is a total economic breakdown. Imagine a situation where many people have pulled all their monies in the banks and transferred to Mavrodai in Russia, and then Mav closes up his site, where do you think people would get money to take care of their needs ?

But they said it is spare money?

Honestly? you believe that part. See Mav guy is a good psychologist. He knows that for a greedy man, there's ever nothing like spare money. Of course at first, you would try it out with that spare 10k you have sitting somewhere. But when the 10k multiplies to 13k, what do you do? Put your salary in it. After all is just your salary. From their it goes downhill till you've pushed all your savings and those of your family members into it. That's the danger of gambling and human greed is so easy to tap into.

Why is MMM back?

MMM is not exactly back. Mav the genius wants to make a total kill with Nigeria. Already, all the monies in the first phase of the scheme has been moved out of Nigeria. SO I'm sorry folks, they are never coming back. What mav is trying to now though is to mop up the remaining kobos and throw the net to see how really gullible Nigerians are. If frenzy catches on again, mav wouldn't mind throwing in a few billions into the scheme to make the perfect kill this time. That is the major reason he is introducing the bitcoin. Bitcoin scamming means he wouldn't need to worry about the logistics of operating several pseudo bank accounts and the siphoning that comes with those.

Once in a while, one or two of those frozen accounts now would be paid from mav's pockets to draw more people into believing that MMM is back for good. This is the reason they've already set the ambiguous conditions for being paid. There are not set criteria so it's all up to them to pick and drop.

Why am i pained?

My people have this adage that 'the mad man is not shamed, it is his friends and relatives that bear the shame in his stead'

I am pained that Nigerian youths are this lazy! I'm pained that Nigerians are this gullible. infact, the international community would be looking at us right now and laughing at our communal foolishness. I am pained that more Nigerians are about to be made poorer in these tough times!
I am pained that just one a Russian peasant can scam an entire nation this easily and get away with it.

We all have a collective duty to ensure this stupidity doesn't go beyond this. It is time to kill MMM for good. Let's call what happened in the past a big mistake and forge ahead to recreate a better nation. MMM has shown that there's still a whole lot more to be done!

13 Likes

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by Spuggie: 12:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
I don't do this MMM thing but fella, this whole MMM is thing is now boring. I suggest you get a life. Studies have shown that people who mind their business live longer and stay out of trouble. You need to get busy, get a job and a family and more importantly grow up. Oh I forgot to mention even voyeurs have got a reason for what they do.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 12:13pm On Jan 15, 2017
Spuggie:
I don't do this MMM thing but fella, this whole MMM is thing is now boring. I suggest you get a life. Studies have shown that people who mind their business live longer and stay out of trouble. You need to get busy, get a job and a family and more importantly grow up. Oh I forgot to mention even voyeurs have got a reason for what they do.

dafuq you yapping about? let's not get personal now, okay? I have a life much bigger than you can imagine.

But you see, I can't keep minding my own business in this case, because if I do, the consequences would be both on me and the ignorant MMM participants.
If there's any time to make sure this MMM thing is off our radar, it is right now. If MMM passes this stage, it would become an institutionalized scam and trust me buddy, you do not want that.

2 Likes

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
ethene:

upon all this ur knowledge and wisdom ur life never still get direction!

grin let's not get personal now. Believe me, 'I get direction die!

1 Like

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by yanabasee(m): 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
ethene:

upon all this ur knowledge and wisdom ur life never still get direction!

You quoted that long epistle just to write this fews words and got me scrolling down again and again?.....

OP....get busy!
Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by Flatties: 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
shocked em em em epistulu shocked

1 Like

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 12:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
yanabasee:

You quoted that long epistle just to write this fews words and got me scrolling down again and again?.....

OP....get busy!

it's a great day to talk some sense into some folks bro. Honestly i just have some free hours today. So let's discuss MMM.

1 Like

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 12:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
Igbos:
shocked em em em epistulu shocked

grin See as Mavrodai don turn us into epistle writers.

Well if that what it would take to talk some sense into my fellow countrymen, so be it.

MMM just has to die this time. We owe it to this Nation to make sure it does.

1 Like

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by yanabasee(m): 12:28pm On Jan 15, 2017
shachris02:

it's a great day to talk some sense into some folks bro. Honestly i just have some free hours today. So let's discuss MMM.

I dont do ponzi....i have a friend who studied statistics and he told me that the idea of all ponzi schemes were gotten from statistics...he said mentioning a particular theory that it's based on which I can't remember right now... and from the calculation he showed me...the statistics will always have a dead-end when there are many participants contributing much money into it....

Just forget it.... ion do ponzi nor betting nor staking nor gambling...I rather dash people money and be blessed than greedily dash it out to scammers...in d name of investing....

5 Likes

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 12:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
yanabasee:

I dont do ponzi....i have a friend who studied statistics and he told me that the idea of all ponzi schemes were gotten from statistics...he said mentioning a particular theory that it's based on which I can't remember right now... and from the calculation he showed me...the statistics will always have a dead-end when there are many participants contributing much money into it....

Just forget it.... ion do ponzi nor betting nor staking nor gambling...I rather dash people money and be blessed than greedily dash it out to scammers...in d name of investing....

Well spoken.

1 Like

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by Spuggie: 12:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
[quote author=shachris02 post=52824298]

dafuq you yapping about? let's not get personal now, okay? I have a life much bigger than you can imagine.

But you see, I can't keep minding my own business in this case, because if I do, the consequences would be both on me and the ignorant MMM participants.
If there's any time to make sure this MMM thing if off our rather, it is right now. If MMM passes this stage, it would become an institutionalized scammed and trust me buddy, you do not want that.

[/qu

You have got it horribly wrong bro. MMM is the product of a dysfunctional economy. You should proffer solutions to the system and if it works, all the peer to peer donation sites will naturally fizzle out. Going after MMM is a complete waste of time and besides there are many of them and even if u succeed in winning the fight you will ultimately lose the war because another site will come up. I guess you already know this .If u are sincerely interested in the growth of the economy, do the needful, until then, you should hold your unsolicited advise and analysis to yourself.

3 Likes

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by akorson5(m): 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
once upon a time, this op was a guider
mmm sure past nairabet, bet9ja, merrybet, etc.
long live mmm.......
Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
[quote author=Spuggie post=52824874][/quote]

Scroll down to the end of the my original post where I said that MMM is a mirror of how dysfunctional the Nigerian state is and that "MMM has shown that there's still a whole lot more to be done!"

How do you treat a cut? You first need to stop the bleeding before dressing the wounds!
Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 12:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
akorson5:
once upon a time, this op was a guider

mmm sure past nairabet, bet9ja, merrybet, etc.

long live mmm.......

Nah bro. the system is too simple to figure out. All betting are bad but MMM is worse, you know why? Because it is infectious on a larger scale.

2 Likes

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
It will not be well with anybody wishes mmm bad
Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
LadyBeee:
It will not be well with anybody wishes mmm bad

it's actually on the reverse. It will never be well with anyone who wishes to be rich on other people's tears and toils and sweat.

I know what you are trying to do honey, your money is already stuck in the system so you are trying to hush the whole bad news so that more people can be cajoled into providing money for mav genius to settle you.

What you do not know is that mav genius can still collect monies from the new entrants and still not settle you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by whitley(m): 12:51pm On Jan 15, 2017
OP just negudu,how many articles have you written about the Naira-Dollar Rate,Y have u not called people to protest @ ASO rock,or the hike in food prices,are these nothing issues rocking the nation? But no,na wetin no concern you u like leaving d 1 dat concerns u cry
Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 12:55pm On Jan 15, 2017
whitley:
OP just negudu,how many articles have you written about the Naira-Dollar Rate,Y have u not called people to protest @ ASO rock,or the hike in food prices,are these nothing issues rocking the nation? But no,na wetin no concern you u like leaving d 1 dat concerns u cry

No amount of protest would stabilize the Naira-dollar rate. It's set by market forces.

Schemes like MMM and the likes are some of the things that deplete our dollar reserve and cause the Naira to drop to rediculous level. Championing the fight to obliterate MMM is one way to stabilize our dollar rate.

Remember what Aby Lincoln said " think not of what your nation would do for you, but of what you would do to make your nation better'.

Nwanne gbado anya!

1 Like

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by millhouse: 12:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
We know them.. Looking for front page.. Thus the easiest way out? MMM write up.. Oya use your front page take collect award na or go collect money for CBN.
Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
millhouse:
We know them.. Looking for front page.. Thus the easiest way out? MMM write up.. Oya use your front page take collect award na or go collect money for CBN.

lol. It's not exactly like that bro. I just want to discuss MMM today. I have some free minutes on my hands. I think its high time we address this issues. All my friends are fast turning into MMM zombies....like some mind control ish.

1 Like

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by GMBuhari: 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
More than 72 hours nobody had gh'ed

Heheheheheheheh

1 Like

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by djlaqua91(m): 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
OP This is an excellent read. Sadly just like Noah, people will not need your warning until it's too late

2 Likes

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by rusher14: 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
millhouse:

He's already written about you.

1 Like

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 2:01pm On Jan 15, 2017
djlaqua91:
OP This is an excellent read. Sadly just like Noah, people will not need your warning until it's too late

I trust my naija people. We are too smart for mavrodai. I believe people would heed the warnings once they are made to see beyond their greed. Superior arguments and quality information trumps ignorance. We have quite a job on our hands smiley

1 Like

Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by teejaypee: 3:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
the hustle for fp is real!

Nigerians should learn to mind their business!
Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by nlanded: 3:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
They won't listen!

You'd hear them say things like, "allow us be, its our money", do you allow a thief or rapist be since they are doing what they like or deem fit? Hell no! So why should MMM be different? MMM is a ponzi scheme and ponzi scheme is a fraud so why shouldn't MMM be rebuked over and over again?

Most of them who MMM dealt with in December come with fire to insult you because they are having sleepless nights and don't want gullible new comers to be discouraged so they can join to enable them cash out of their monies and run for their lives from MMM grin

Lastly, I'm not surprised, illicit money is usually so sweet to Nigerians, why do you think Yahoo boys, armed robbers, ritualists, drug traffickers rarely can stop till they are caught? Lazy fools who indulge in MMM are no better than the set of criminals I mentioned, the easy illicit money has become an infection which they can't let go of.
Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by rengsho: 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
GMBuhari:
More than 72 hours nobody had gh'ed

Heheheheheheheh

You most be from a Bush. Or you maybe a stone age man. Matching is going on. And people are paying
Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by rengsho: 5:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
You worry o! Pls use your time wisely. Fighting MMM is a Battle you will never win.
Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2017
rengsho:
You worry o! Pls use your time wisely. Fighting MMM is a Battle you will never win.

You are so wrong. We are winning already
Re: The MMM Stupidity: Why We Must All Join Hands To Kill It! by shachris02: 7:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
teejaypee:
the hustle for fp is real!

Nigerians should learn to mind their business!
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where To Buy Nylon Sealing Machine In Lagos, Help Please / How To Access N50bn COVID-19 Intervention Fund – CBN / Makeup Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.