Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,813 members, 7,802,616 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

16-year-old Emerges ‘miss Virginity’ In Lagos (photo) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 16-year-old Emerges ‘miss Virginity’ In Lagos (photo) (828 Views)

19 Year Old Student Surprises His 16-year-old Girlfriend With A Benz, Iwa / Miss Imo Emerges Miss Nigeria (MBGN) 2018. See Details And Reactions / Miss Oroma Shedrack Emerges Miss Port Harcourt City 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16-year-old Emerges ‘miss Virginity’ In Lagos (photo) by noetic5: 12:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
Dolapo Makunjuola was on Saturday, crowned the “Queen of the Virgins” at the 2017 Miss Virginity beauty pageant held inside the headquarters of Surulere LGA of Lagos. She emerged winner out of 35 contestants. .

An excited Makunjuola said she intends being a virgin until she's ripe for marriage. No gynaecological test was conducted to ascertain their virginity, each of them only answered questions mostly on current affairs.

Adunni Adediran, the organiser, said the contest was an avenue to propagate the importance of women keeping their virginity till their wedding night. .

She said she was “called to order” by the Lagos State Ministry of Education, forcing her to stop the practice of bringing a gynaecologist to confirm the virginity of prospective contestants.

"We used to have a gynecologist who examines the girls before the event, but the ministry of education invited me and told me they disliked the attitude of a man looking at the girls privacy and I was depressed that day.

But was it not better for one man, a federal gynaecologist in a twinkle of an eye, to check if they were virgins or not, than the girls selling themselves from one bed to another bed?" Ms. Adediran said.

One of the contestants, 40-year-old Veronica Nwokedi said she heard about the pageant for virgins last year through her brother’s wife’s friend who is also a virgin.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/arts-entertainment/naija-fashion/220485-i6-year-old-emerges-miss-virginity-lagos.html

lalasticlala

Re: 16-year-old Emerges ‘miss Virginity’ In Lagos (photo) by noetic5: 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2017
Lol
Re: 16-year-old Emerges ‘miss Virginity’ In Lagos (photo) by Destined2win: 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
Event organizers are running out of ideas

2 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Emerges ‘miss Virginity’ In Lagos (photo) by Radiohead6(f): 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2017
lol of cos you're gonna be a virgin till u get married
Re: 16-year-old Emerges ‘miss Virginity’ In Lagos (photo) by Donexy16(m): 1:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
Destined2win:
Event organizers are running out of ideas

I swear...

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Emerges ‘miss Virginity’ In Lagos (photo) by mymadam(m): 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
noetic5:
...No gynaecological test was conducted to ascertain their virginity...

Adunni Adediran ..."We used to have a gynecologist who examines the girls before the event, but the ministry of education invited me and told me they disliked the attitude of...

a man looking at the girls privacy and I was depressed that day.

But was it not better for one man, a federal gynaecologist in a twinkle of an eye, to check if they were virgins or not ...Ms. Adediran said...

What a statement from a warped mind? Is there no female gynaecologist in the whole of Nigeria? Wonderful! This event is yet another scam that must be stopped NOW! This will end up been worse than the cucumber fiasco, IMHO. Damn it.
Re: 16-year-old Emerges ‘miss Virginity’ In Lagos (photo) by mayberry1(f): 1:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
noetic5:
Dolapo Makunjuola was on Saturday, crowned the “Queen of the Virgins” at the 2017 Miss Virginity beauty pageant held inside the headquarters of Surulere LGA of Lagos. She emerged winner out of 35 contestants. .

An excited Makunjuola said she intends being a virgin until she's ripe for marriage. No gynaecological test was conducted to ascertain their virginity, each of them only answered questions mostly on current affairs.

Adunni Adediran, the organiser, said the contest was an avenue to propagate the importance of women keeping their virginity till their wedding night. .

She said she was “called to order” by the Lagos State Ministry of Education, forcing her to stop the practice of bringing a gynaecologist to confirm the virginity of prospective contestants.

"We used to have a gynecologist who examines the girls before the event, but the ministry of education invited me and told me they disliked the attitude of a man looking at the girls privacy and I was depressed that day.

But was it not better for one man, a federal gynaecologist in a twinkle of an eye, to check if they were virgins or not, than the girls selling themselves from one bed to another bed?" Ms. Adediran said.

One of the contestants, 40-year-old Veronica Nwokedi said she heard about the pageant for virgins last year through her brother’s wife’s friend who is also a virgin.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/arts-entertainment/naija-fashion/220485-i6-year-old-emerges-miss-virginity-lagos.html

lalasticlala

Whatever happened to female Virgin checkers(gynaecologist). Well, talk is cheap; I pray she remains focused till the end. Pageantry has taken another level in my country, so she would be referred to as 'Queen of Virgins' in Nigeria.
Re: 16-year-old Emerges ‘miss Virginity’ In Lagos (photo) by Macgabe(m): 1:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
Hmmm but even if you will bring in a gynaecologist, is it that we don't have a female gynaecologist so why must it be a male gynaecologist! Soonest now, this same woman will say men have relegated women to the background and will be talking about gender equality when women don't believe in themselves. Its a nice programme with a good intent
Re: 16-year-old Emerges ‘miss Virginity’ In Lagos (photo) by kio052001(m): 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
so these guys expect a 30yrs old virgin to come, open her legs and someone starts fingering her, all in the name of "Queen of Virgins"
highest age they'll get out there will not pass 20yrs

to those matured mixed virgins out there thumbs up, plz don't mind them ur handsome knight will come ur way just as of mine at age 24

Happy Sunday
2face sing that ya TrueLove song for them virgins once more
Re: 16-year-old Emerges ‘miss Virginity’ In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
They couldn't find a pretty Virgin in Lagos? Bullshit

(1) (Reply)

Event Caterer & Decorator In Umutu,Kwale,Obiaruku,Abraka Delta State / Kiki Osibanjo Dances With Two Grandmas At A Party In Abeokuta / Fruit Tree / Fruit Craft & Cocktail Drinks In Awka, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.