Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Clairvoyance - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Clairvoyance (4549 Views)

Clairvoyance-and-the-third-eye-or-brow-chakra- By Adrian Cooper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clairvoyance by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
Ioannes:
Everybody is born clairvoyant. We lose the power as we grow older. Little kids between 0 and 2 see things that would amaze us.

But eventually their significant eye grows dimmer and eventually closes as they immerse themselves fully into this world.

It's a latent power in all of us. Its not a special gift for some. It's a natural or more accurately a preternatural possession endowed upon our human nature, being created in the image and likeness of God.

I don't agree that we are all born as clairvoyants. I agree with the rest of your post though and particularly that clairvoyance is fully latent in all of us. Some will burnish and develop the ability most will largely lose it.
Re: Clairvoyance by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
Sarassin:

I don't agree that we are all born as clairvoyants. I agree with the rest of your post though and particularly that clairvoyance is fully latent in all of us. Some will burnish and develop the ability most will largely lose it.

We are all clairvoyant. I'm sure you've heard of the third eye? We all have it.
Re: Clairvoyance by AlvanT(m): 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2017
4C2215131:

I believe the internal civil war you experienced with respect to your gift and passion instigated and possibly fueled your seeming 'confusion' about everything.

The path of occult knowledge demands an unwavering dedication, persistence, belief, hardwork (a lot of it if you really want to amount to anything) and an uncanny ability to keep your eyes on the goal (which is subjective in nature).

I suggest you resume 'duties' again. The benefits are truly awesome.
It might seem odd to you but when ever I embark on esoteric knowledge and practices I am no longer myself again,I'll feel detached and I can go unkept for days just "talking to myself" as others observed. I temporarily paused not to go loco but I'm heading back now full time.
Re: Clairvoyance by MuttleyLaff: 2:44pm On Feb 12, 2017
Sarassin:
Thanks for your comments
No probs, it aint being that much cold lately so why the hibernation
Anyway forecast says, it’s heating up for Valentine’s Day!
and we're set for warmer weather this week

Sarassin:
I quite like the meme of old Idi Amin Dada, a nice touch, he was many things but nobody ever accused him of great intelligence....
His infamy cast a shadow over his great intelligence

Sarassin:
You take issue with the biblical comparisons I made
29It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai
(and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses’ hand as he was coming down from the mountain),
that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone,
and they were afraid to come near him

- Exodus 34:29-30

C'mon.
I took issue with you improperly handling the word of truth when using Exodus 34:34

Exodus 34:29-30 above, says different to you plucking out Exodus 34:34 to back up your complicated and humorous ''last stage before true clairvoyance occurs is the removal of the veil'' etcetera remark

Sarassin:
I am always amazed that biblical scholars never cease to impress on we heathens the allegorical nature of biblical writings (straight from the school of Origen) yet when it suits them, the writings are of course....literal
Though this remark deserves using Idi Amin again here, I'll refrain

No, my friend, c'mon now, quit trying to play the ''when convenient or acceptable to them'' card
Suck it up, and since we both and know agree that the biblical writings are partly literal, partly obvious & unmysterious, partly allegorical, partly symbolic, partly metaphorical, partly esoteric, partly subtle, partly vague, partly hyperbolic
then all that is required is to correctly and accurately handle it

2 Likes

Re: Clairvoyance by 4C2215131: 3:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
AlvanT:
It might seem odd to you but when ever I embark on esoteric knowledge and practices I am no longer myself again,I'll feel detached and I can go unkept for days just "talking to myself" as others observed. I temporarily paused not to go loco but I'm heading back now full time.

If what you just typed is true (talking to yourself, being unkempt and whatnot), then my friend, you sure got a problem.

Though I don't know the state of your mind when you're in this unkempt mode (as you could be perfectly in control of your faculties or you may have lost some control though you may think you're in control), I suggest you take a break from occult practice for now until you find out why you lose yourself in the experience to the extent that folks think you're going loco.

The greatest risk of the occult arts is not to the soul as some may think, but to the mind. It is where everything is born, determined or jettisoned so, naturally it on where things are likely to go wrong...it is the engine room for lack of a better term.

I will not be doing you any good if I urge you on given your frank statement save there are other developments that I don't know about. Take your time to 'know' what you really want and embrace it wisely and just take it one day at a time. A fire brigade approach to all things occultic is a sure recipe for disaster.

1 Like

Re: Clairvoyance by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
No probs, it aint being that much cold lately so why the hibernation
Anyway forecast says, it’s heating up for Valentine’s Day!
and we're set for warmer weather this week

I'm in the sunnier climes of the west coast although the time zones are doing my head in.
His infamy cast a shadow over his great intelligence
Hehehe....if you say so.
C'mon.
I took issue with you improperly handling the word of truth when using Exodus 34:34

I appreciate that you are more than savvy enough to pull me up on that verse, but I did not quote that verse in error and there is nothing humorous about the last stages of achieving clairvoyance by piercing the Veil.

I believe that you know fully that the depiction of the veil in the Hebrew Bible is rooted in Jewish esoterica, particularly Qabalah. Therefore its use in the Pentateuch can only be highly allegorical. The true meanings of the allegories of the Hebrew Bible are lost to Christians because they define these by events in the New Testament (in my view)

On the Tree of Life, the crown of which is a direct emanation of the Divine, the Veil is placed on the Sephira that is Yesod, which is more to do with sexual proclivities. The allegory here is deep and profound and I haven't even scratched the surface.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clairvoyance by MuttleyLaff: 4:02am On Feb 13, 2017
Sarassin:
I'm in the sunnier climes of the west coast although the time zones are doing my head in
Time zones doing your head in ought to be the least of your worries, why not splash on sunscreen and rub it in on the head

Sarassin:
Hehehe....if you say so
It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to wipe it off.

Sarassin:
I appreciate that you are more than savvy enough to pull me up on that verse, but I did not quote that verse in error
No?
What does Exodus 34:29-30, the precursor to Exodus 34:34 reveal?
I know you arent that self conceited not to admit that Moses put on a physical veil and only started doing so after realising people were afraid of him because his face was shiny
and if so, then aware of the implication of Moses walking about the Israelite camp without the veil on

Sarassin:
and there is nothing humorous about the last stages of achieving clairvoyance by piercing the Veil
It is humorous reading you mixing up literal with metaphor
when using an Exodus 34:34 literal veil, as a means to validate your construct that the last stages of achieving clairvoyance is by piercing the Veil (i.e. metaphor)

Sarassin:
I believe that you know fully that the depiction of the veil in the Hebrew Bible is rooted in Jewish esoterica, particularly Qabalah.
Note below concerning Qabalah.

Sarassin:
Therefore its use in the Pentateuch can only be highly allegorical. The true meanings of the allegories of the Hebrew Bible are lost to Christians because they define these by events in the New Testament (in my view)
Dont know how you arrived at this presumption on how they define events
but hey there you go again muddling up literal with metaphor and whatnot

Fact is, in the Pentateuch, and that's talking of Exodus 34:34, Moses wore and had a physical veil on

In OT 2 Kings 6:17, Elisha prayed ''Open his eyes, LORD'', so his servant may pierce the metaphoric veil and see that the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

In NT Matthew 17:2, Peter, James, and John the brother of James, eyes were opened and pierced the metaphoric veil enough to suddenly see Moses and Elijah standing before them, talking with Jesus.

NT 2 Corinthians 3:16, states that whenever a person comes to self and turns to the Lord, the metaphoric veil is taken away.

Sarassin:
On the Tree of Life, the crown of which is a direct emanation of the Divine, the Veil is placed on the Sephira that is Yesod, which is more to do with sexual proclivities. The allegory here is deep and profound and I haven't even scratched the surface
15He asked me, "son of man, do you see this? You will see even more disgusting things than these."
16Then he brought me into the inner courtyard of the LORD's temple. There at the entrance to the LORD's temple, between the entrance and the altar, were about 25 men who had their backs turned to the LORD's temple. They were facing east and worshiping the rising sun

- Ezekiel 8:15-16

Ezekiel 8:15-16 above is proof positive, Qabalah or Kabballah, to a certain degree and depending on intent or motive is not halal

1 Like

Re: Clairvoyance by delishpot: 5:54pm On Feb 13, 2017
AlvanT:

You are going loco pal. Abeg take am easy.
Re: Clairvoyance by AlvanT(m): 8:19pm On Feb 13, 2017
4C2215131:

If what you just typed is true (talking to yourself, being unkempt and whatnot), then my friend, you sure got a problem.

Though I don't know the state of your mind when you're in this unkempt mode (as you could be perfectly in control of your faculties or you may have lost some control though you may think you're in control), I suggest you take a break from occult practice for now until you find out why you lose yourself in the experience to the extent that folks think you're going loco.

The greatest risk of the occult arts is not to the soul as some may think, but to the mind. It is where everything is born, determined or jettisoned so, naturally it on where things are likely to go wrong...it is the engine room for lack of a better term.

I will not be doing you any good if I urge you on given your frank statement save there are other developments that I don't know about. Take your time to 'know' what you really want and embrace it wisely and just take it one day at a time. A fire brigade approach to all things occultic is a sure recipe for disaster.
thanks I just feel I have the need to be awakened, the way awakened men talk and act,I view it with high admiration. I'm not at liberty to join any esoteric organization right now neither do I have the sufficient financial support to do so right now but withy interest for it I'll join when I can.It's for noble desires I know this,I also need a guide and a mentor too.

I want to conquer my fear of death but I need to know where I'll head to after death that is my primary aim right now and why was I born? prayer and chants works I've tried and experienced this but why can't my so called spirit guide show itself so we can have a meaningful convo,I'm always told "not to force it".The knowledge I seek is getting too long to get to me but I'll keep searching hopefully till I find.
Re: Clairvoyance by AlvanT(m): 8:30pm On Feb 13, 2017
delishpot:

You are going loco pal. Abeg take am easy.
bro no be small thing,everything I learn I keep it secret cos I come from a core Christian family, my quest for knowledge eeh? as for the unkempt side it just that I'm an introvert and can stay days just reading and thinking and "being one with nature"...a little dirt won't hurt will it?

I'm obsessed with metaphysics,I'm an art student but do you know how much I know about quantum mechanics? lol.knowledge won't drive me loco but if that's the price so mote it be!!!
Re: Clairvoyance by delishpot: 8:49pm On Feb 13, 2017
AlvanT:
bro no be small thing,everything I learn I keep it secret cos I come from a core Christian family, my quest for knowledge eeh? as for the unkempt side it just that I'm an introvert and can stay days just reading and thinking and "being one with nature"...a little dirt won't hurt will it?

I'm obsessed with metaphysics,I'm an art student but do you know how much I know about quantum mechanics? lol.knowledge won't drive me loco but if that's the price so mote it be!!!

Well, I understand where you are coming from. It would be nice to get together and form a group with people of like minds. That way, you would have place to go and be with people who think like you.
All in all, be careful and hopefully you find wisdom.
Re: Clairvoyance by AlvanT(m): 9:44pm On Feb 13, 2017
delishpot:

Well, I understand where you are coming from. It would be nice to get together and form a group with people of like minds. That way, you would have place to go and be with people who think like you.
All in all, be careful and hopefully you find wisdom.
I just did and I find the best kind of advice and companionship with nerds too.I used to have social issues but I know a problem shared is half solved, thank you for your time.

1 Like

Re: Clairvoyance by 4C2215131: 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
AlvanT:
thanks I just feel I have the need to be awakened, the way awakened men talk and act,I view it with high admiration. I'm not at liberty to join any esoteric organization right now neither do I have the sufficient financial support to do so right now but withy interest for it I'll join when I can.It's for noble desires I know this,I also need a guide and a mentor too.

I want to conquer my fear of death but I need to know where I'll head to after death that is my primary aim right now and why was I born? prayer and chants works I've tried and experienced this but why can't my so called spirit guide show itself so we can have a meaningful convo,I'm always told "not to force it".The knowledge I seek is getting too long to get to me but I'll keep searching hopefully till I find.

so much you need to know given your post but time won't permit me to elaborate just now.

Will find time to revert.

P.S. You don't necessarily need to join any esoteric society or Lodge to be an accomplished magus. Yes, it helps when you find a focused, and sincere Lodge but, they are quite rare to find..

1 Like

Re: Clairvoyance by Nobody: 2:03am On Feb 16, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Time zones doing your head in ought to be the least of your worries, why not splash on sunscreen and rub it in on the head

It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to wipe it off.

No?
What does Exodus 34:29-30, the precursor to Exodus 34:34 reveal?
I know you arent that self conceited not to admit that Moses put on a physical veil and only started doing so after realising people were afraid of him because his face was shiny
and if so, then aware of the implication of Moses walking about the Israelite camp without the veil on

It is humorous reading you mixing up literal with metaphor
when using an Exodus 34:34 literal veil, as a means to validate your construct that the last stages of achieving clairvoyance is by piercing the Veil (i.e. metaphor)

Note below concerning Qabalah.

Dont know how you arrived at this presumption on how they define events
but hey there you go again muddling up literal with metaphor and whatnot

Fact is, in the Pentateuch, and that's talking of Exodus 34:34, Moses wore and had a physical veil on

In OT 2 Kings 6:17, Elisha prayed ''Open his eyes, LORD'', so his servant may pierce the metaphoric veil and see that the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

In NT Matthew 17:2, Peter, James, and John the brother of James, eyes were opened and pierced the metaphoric veil enough to suddenly see Moses and Elijah standing before them, talking with Jesus.

NT 2 Corinthians 3:16, states that whenever a person comes to self and turns to the Lord, the metaphoric veil is taken away.

15He asked me, "son of man, do you see this? You will see even more disgusting things than these."
16Then he brought me into the inner courtyard of the LORD's temple. There at the entrance to the LORD's temple, between the entrance and the altar, were about 25 men who had their backs turned to the LORD's temple. They were facing east and worshiping the rising sun

- Ezekiel 8:15-16

Ezekiel 8:15-16 above is proof positive, Qabalah or Kabballah, to a certain degree and depending on intent or motive is not halal

Pretty good points you made. If you indulge me I will do justice to them when better opportuned.
Re: Clairvoyance by FlipGamBino: 8:51am On Feb 19, 2017
Sarassin:

I am very well FlipGamBino, I trust you are too. The headaches you experience are an indication of energy blockages. You may need to do some Chakra work and a proper energy grounding is always good before you start meditative practice. Also you could be trying too hard and stimulating the pineal gland slightly.

The pillar of light ritual from your crown chakra to the throat, heart, groin area and feet will properly ground you. I would email you the full process but I am away for a few days.
I would really appreciate it if you would. I look forward to it. Thanks.]
Re: Clairvoyance by 4C2215131: 10:00am On Feb 19, 2017
AlvanT:

A lil dirt sure won't help in the occult (save you're involved in some heavy dark workings and even then, such 'dirt' is for ritual purposes and not the the way of living).

Personal and mental hygiene is a must for anyone who aspires to anything great in the occult. If your aspiration is to be a arm-chair occultist though, you may take a shiit where you even eat (literally) and you'd be fine. But, for those who really want to see beyond the veil of so called reality, partake in the heavy stuff, hygiene is a must.

From your write up, it seems you are an arm chair practitioner (some paradox eh?), so you don't have any problems.
Re: Clairvoyance by AlvanT(m): 2:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
4C2215131:

A lil dirt sure won't help in the occult (save you're involved in some heavy dark workings and even then, such 'dirt' is for ritual purposes and not the the way of living).

Personal and mental hygiene is a must for anyone who aspires to anything great in the occult. If your aspiration is to be a arm-chair occultist though, you may take a shiit where you even eat (literally) and you'd be fine. But, for those who really want to see beyond the veil of so called reality, partake in the heavy stuff, hygiene is a must.

From your write up, it seems you are an arm chair practitioner (some paradox eh?), so you don't have any problems.

I'm hygienic but I don't fear disease like I used to,I could be doing some gardening and eat raw vegetables without much cooking as opposed by some Nigerian households lol.Although I've never gotten sick two years I've changed my lifestyle and regular visit to doc proves I'm in perfect health unlike before.And talking to myself yes! It's another way I think aloud, maybe I exaggerated it in my previous comments lol. but all the same let me not say more so I don't get misunderstood any further. I'm wouldn't wish to be an arm chair practitioner I'm as curious as any soul that seeks awakening. I'm not saying you should understand but think about it.
Re: Clairvoyance by FlipGamBino: 11:21am On Feb 25, 2017
Where is Sarassin? He's needed. And I feel this thread is getting cold. We need to keep talking.
Re: Clairvoyance by MizMyColi(f): 8:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
Sarassin:

Pretty good points you made. If you indulge me I will do justice to them when better opportuned.

Hello Sarassin,

How are you doing?
It's been a while you posted.

I thought of you today and thought to check on you.

Be safe.
Re: Clairvoyance by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2017
MizMyColi:

Hello Sarassin,

How are you doing?
It's been a while you posted.

I thought of you today and thought to check on you.

Be safe.
FlipGamBino:
Where is Sarassin? He's needed. And I feel this thread is getting cold. We need to keep talking.

Hello, I hope you guys are doing fine.

We all miss him. From what i sensed, he is very taken by some serious duty. However, When I really (like really really) need his advice, I "send" him my concerns and receive directions from an astral form of his.

@FlipGambino you may want to keep the thread living. You seem to be more advanced than most of us and may share a few enlightening stories.

2 Likes

Re: Clairvoyance by MizMyColi(f): 9:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
LoJ:

Hello, I hope you guys are doing fine.

We all miss him. From what i sensed, he is very taken by some serious duty. However, When I really (like really really) need his advice, I "send" him my concerns and receive directions from an astral form of his.

@FlipGambino you may want to keep the thread living. You seem to be more advanced than most of us and may share a few enlightening stories.

I'm fine smiley Thank you.
And you?

An astral form of his?
I don't know if I am ready to receive the explanations, but a part of me wants to know.

I saw a post of his was hidden, might be a ban from spambot.
Re: Clairvoyance by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
MizMyColi:

I'm fine smiley Thank you.
And you?

An astral form of his?
I don't know if I am ready to receive the explanations, but a part of me wants to know.

I saw a post of his was hidden, might be a ban from spambot.
To the best of my knowledge, he has not been banned. He is just taken by some heavy duty/duties. I miss him though, but did not try to reach him since then.

Astral form: I may not use the best terms, but each one of us, dead or alive, has an elemental form which can be called upon and questionned. It requires some mastery but it is not a rare happenstance. I do not really master this, but I have achieved that several times. 3 times it concerned Sarassin, in periods where I knew I should not try to reach him through traditionnal ways.

Again, my terms might not be the best. Still, I know from experience it is something feasible.

1 Like

Re: Clairvoyance by MizMyColi(f): 10:24pm On Mar 11, 2017
LoJ:

To the best of my knowledge, he has not been banned. He is just taken by some heavy duty/duties. I miss him though, but did not try to reach him since then.

Astral form: I may not use the best terms, but each one of us, dead or alive, has an elemental form which can be called upon and questionned. It requires some mastery but it is not a rare happenstance. I do not really master this, but I have achieved that several times. 3 times it concerned Sarassin, in periods where I knew I should not try to reach him through traditionnal ways.

Again, my terms might not be the best. Still, I know from experience it is something feasible.

The movie, Dr Strange, comes to mind.
I picked a thing or two from there about astral projection.

I was going to say that I hope to experience such someday, but in all honesty, I think I'm kinda scared embarassed

For now, I prefer watching people like you discuss the topic while I just marvel at the wonders of creationcheesy
Re: Clairvoyance by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 12, 2017
Hello Mizmycoli
MizMyColi:
The movie, Dr Strange, comes to mind.
Never watched the movie. What is it about?

MizMyColi:
I was going to say that I hope to experience such someday, but in all honesty, I think I'm kinda scared embarassed
This allows me to share another story.

I recently had an encounter with the compassionate one (Christ). It was the first time, so I have no element to be sure it was really him. I saw him as an emanation of light with piercing eyes like a flame. Again, no way to be sure it is his "standard" appearance or just a particular punctual projection.

Anyway, he told me a few things and told me to follow him. His suggestion to follow him implied I was to leave my body. I began to do just that, and actually left to some extent but at some point I got so afraid... I was afraid of not being able to come back. This is not the first time by the way.

He smiled and left. He was nowhere to be found again.
Re: Clairvoyance by MizMyColi(f): 10:00am On Mar 12, 2017
LoJ:
Hello Mizmycoli

Never watched the movie. What is it about?

This allows me to share another story.

I recently had an encounter with the compassionate one (Christ). It was the first time, so I have no element to be sure it was really him. I saw him as an emanation of light with piercing eyes like a flame. Again, no way to be sure it is his "standard" appearance or just a particular punctual projection.

Anyway, he told me a few things and told me to follow him. His suggestion to follow him implied I was to leave my body. I began to do just that, and actually left to some extent but at some point I got so afraid... I was afraid of not being able to come back. This is not the first time by the way.

He smiled and left. He was nowhere to be found again.

I take it you don't do movies much.
It's a story about a genius neurosurgeon who had a life altering accident and eventually ended up in the lair if Mystics who taught him about things which he'd ordinarily scoff at.
The story featured lessons on Astral projections, using magic to recreate realities and other fascinating stuff really.
He killed a man while they were both fighting in their astral forms using these electric charging stuff they use to revive people at the hospital. It affected the man body and he died.
A part of me felt like these are things that could really happen. I guess I have a thing for mysticism as I am really drawn to movies that exhibit such...though not densely.

About Jesus Christ...
I don't feel close to Jesus as I feel to the Father. I can't explain it....but I know it's not just a figment of wishful thinking.

Just yesterday in my room, I was thinking that I don't really know the person of Jesus, beyond what people say or write.

I just concluded that maybe he projects himself to me as TheFather or...maybe not.

This is the part where I'm supposed to desire that he reveals himself to me, but I've prayed and prayed in the past, no show.

Now that I know the things I do about mysticism et al....I just feel afraid of foraying. For some reason, I feel comfortable as I am....more like not wanting to leave my comfort zone and be more.
Re: Clairvoyance by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 13, 2017
MizMyColi:
About Jesus Christ...
I don't feel close to Jesus as I feel to the Father. I can't explain it....but I know it's not just a figment of wishful thinking.
You certainly speak from the perspective of modern christianity.

I personally see Christ as a deity, an embodiment of compassion and mercy and love. I have the uttermost respect for him/her/it as I believe it has the characteristics of an almighty God in the abrahamic sense. Nonetheless, in my opinion, christ remains a deity, a major one in the pantheon of human deities.

This of course is only my opinion.
MizMyColi:
This is the part where I'm supposed to desire that he reveals himself to me, but I've prayed and prayed in the past, no show.
Most people who make this prayer are rarely really prepared to meet him. This is part of the problem...

I think I should share some stories on this. It could be beneficial to all of us and might help to keep the thread alive, while sarassin is away.

Greetings.

1 Like

Re: Clairvoyance by MizMyColi(f): 11:07am On Mar 13, 2017
LoJ:

You certainly speak from the perspective of modern christianity.

I personally see Christ as a deity, an embodiment of compassion and mercy and love. I have the uttermost respect for him/her/it as I believe it has the characteristics of an almighty God in the abrahamic sense. Nonetheless, in my opinion, christ remains a deity, a major one in the pantheon of human deities.

This of course is only my opinion.

Most people who make this prayer are rarely really prepared to meet him. This is part of the problem...

I think I should share some stories on this. It could be beneficial to all of us and might help to keep the thread alive, while sarassin is away.

Greetings.

Oh, please do. please smiley

1 Like

Re: Clairvoyance by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2017
Hello dear,
MizMyColi:
Oh, please do. please smiley
I had to take some time off spirituality. I think it does some good to withdraw and stop almost all spiritual practices, especially after a major endeavour. I would now like to expand on this comment I made earlier.

I continue to believe that most people wanting to see Christ are actually not ready for that. This also applies to anything that has to do with piercing the veil of reality and experience entities and deities. If it were to happen, most people would go gaga. There seems to be a right mindset personality character and way of life that is sine qua none before one can safely experience those things.

Fortunately those prayers and wishes usually go unanswered. People are naturally protected from the other side and the removal of this barrier has already been spoken about by Sarassin in this very thread I think. It is however very possible that people obsessed with this willingness to see spirits and the like, create an illusion of sort which they mistake for the real mcCoy.

This is a very personal lesson I learned. Perhaps advanced practitionners would explain this with greater clarity and correct any misconception. I would like here to share a story or two to buttres my point.

some years ago I was learning how to meditate (I am still learning). I had no guide nothing like a master/benefactor, so i used a trial and error approach from what I gathered here and there on the internet and books. One of these days, I was meditating, and must have reached a state of altered consciousness and behold there was a very magnificent Tiger (or was it a panther?) just in front of me. I still remember it vividly.

Needless to describe the animal here. Suffice to say it was as terrific as magnificent. Back then I could only focus on its terrifying aspect and I had the schock of my life. I was short of words and very afraid. The tiger came before me with a dangerous look on its face. i was so much afraid, I thought that would be my end. I walked backward trying to run away stylishly. He pursued me with full menace and seem to be willing to attack with full force. A thought crossed my mind that I should fight if not I would be done forever: I then gathered all my energy left and decided to look at it straight in the eyes and let it know I wasn't afraid ans was ready to fight.

Once I changed my mindset, for a brief moment, the aspect of the animal changed and it became less frightening. It lasted unfortunately only a brief moment, because i could not help but be afraid. I think I fainted or so, only to wake up much later in the "ordinary" world. This experience marked me a lot and I wondered for a long time what could that have been and what was the meaning.

Reflecting on this many years afterwards, I realized that animal was actually very beautiful. The terror I had and sensed was certainly a product of my own inner life. I could have said hi to the animal and adopted it, I am sure nothing would have happened.

All in all I learned from that experience for life: it seems we tendentially attract and perceive things according to our own nature. Without some measure of internal order in character, intend, thinking process, behavior, way of life, any spiritual experience is potentially a destructive one. Perhaps there is more to learn from this. I would warmly welcome the contribution of others on this (cc. Sarassin).

Greetings and much love.
Re: Clairvoyance by MizMyColi(f): 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2017
LoJ:
Hello dear,

I had to take some time off spirituality. I think it does some good to withdraw and stop almost all spiritual practices, especially after a major endeavour. I would now like to expand on this comment I made earlier.

I continue to believe that most people wanting to see Christ are actually not ready for that. This also applies to anything that has to do with piercing the veil of reality and experience entities and deities. If it were to happen, most people would go gaga. There seems to be a right mindset personality character and way of life that is sine qua none before one can safely experience those things.

Fortunately those prayers and wishes usually go unanswered. People are naturally protected from the other side and the removal of this barrier has already been spoken about by Sarassin in this very thread I think. It is however very possible that people obsessed with this willingness to see spirits and the like, create an illusion of sort which they mistake for the real mcCoy.

This is a very personal lesson I learned. Perhaps advanced practitionners would explain this with greater clarity and correct any misconception. I would like here to share a story or two to buttres my point.

some years ago I was learning how to meditate (I am still learning). I had no guide nothing like a master/benefactor, so i used a trial and error approach from what I gathered here and there on the internet and books. One of these days, I was meditating, and must have reached a state of altered consciousness and behold there was a very magnificent Tiger (or was it a panther?) just in front of me. I still remember it vividly.

Needless to describe the animal here. Suffice to say it was as terrific as magnificent. Back then I could only focus on its terrifying aspect and I had the schock of my life. I was short of words and very afraid. The tiger came before me with a dangerous look on its face. i was so much afraid, I thought that would be my end. I walked backward trying to run away stylishly. He pursued me with full menace and seem to be willing to attack with full force. A thought crossed my mind that I should fight if not I would be done forever: I then gathered all my energy left and decided to look at it straight in the eyes and let it know I wasn't afraid ans was ready to fight.

Once I changed my mindset, for a brief moment, the aspect of the animal changed and it became less frightening. It lasted unfortunately only a brief moment, because i could not help but be afraid. I think I fainted or so, only to wake up much later in the "ordinary" world. This experience marked me a lot and I wondered for a long time what could that have been and what was the meaning.

Reflecting on this many years afterwards, I realized that animal was actually very beautiful. The terror I had and sensed was certainly a product of my own inner life. I could have said hi to the animal and adopted it, I am sure nothing would have happened.

All in all I learned from that experience for life: it seems we tendentially attract and perceive things according to our own nature. Without some measure of internal order in character, intend, thinking process, behavior, way of life, any spiritual experience is potentially a destructive one. Perhaps there is more to learn from this. I would warmly welcome the contribution of others on this (cc. Sarassin).

Greetings and much love.

We all miss Sarassin, don't we?

The emboldened is so true.
So true.
Perception. It's not about changing what you see, but changing how you see it.
There's no good and bad really.

So there's this rat that has been making a mess of my kitchen. One small rat like this.

This morning, the rat gum finally caught it.
I felt happy to know the terror was over.

I am scared of rats. I cannot pursue a right and kill it. But usually, when it is in a fixed position, I used to be very apt at killing or burning them.

I went to get a stick to kill the rat small before throwing it away. I hit it twice. Not heavy hitting o. I was pitying it. The sounds I heard made me stop. I could not continue.

Even as I type now, I feel those wave of emotions again.

I don't know what happened to me.
I don't know.
Normally, I would kill without mercy.

Is it because I'm now a mother?
Even cockroaches sef. I don't like seeing them around. Anyone I manage to see, I can't bring myself to kill with my hands. So I make sure to keep an insecticide handy. Because of my daughter, I am very wary of insects and rats. Very wary. I still kill mosquitoes without mercy though.

Maybe I'm evolving.
Maybe a time may come when I see these animals and not feel threatened. Maybe ogrin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! / CONTROVERSY: Biblical Linking Of Arch-angel Michael And Jesus / Is God Truly Dwelling In Your Heart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.