Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State (37346 Views)

Muslim Imams & Traditionalists Surrender Their Lives To Christ In Abuja(photos) / Paul Enenche Replies Daddy Freeze On Building World Largest Church / No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Nobody: 5:52am On Jan 16, 2017
Fedayeen02:
Shut up.
How kids invade social media still baffles me?

Do you know about 70% of Southern Kaduna are Catholic
lies. they attend mostly ECWA
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by bilazego(m): 5:53am On Jan 16, 2017
El Rufai is not fit to be a governor of state.
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by ylaa(f): 6:23am On Jan 16, 2017
Meaning? So it does not bother u that your fellow Christians are being killed on daily basis. When will we see ourselves as one and stop all these discrimination. And which God r u thanking? May God forgive u

ote author=ozoebuka1 post=52827779]thank God say roman catholic church no join for CAN...That's just my take.[/quote]
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Mayflowa(m): 6:39am On Jan 16, 2017
ozoebuka1:
thank God say roman catholic church no join for CAN...That's just my take.

Of what use is this take?
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Mayflowa(m): 6:43am On Jan 16, 2017
Fedayeen02:
Did anyone notice that no Muslim group condemned the Killing there?

Yesterday it was Agatu

Today its Southern Kaduna

Tomorrow it will be another group in this same entity called Nigeria while the most idiotic stupid dull clueless and most useless President keeps silent

What does Hausa fulani Muslims really want

It's stated there. They are trying to lay claim to the deceased's communities
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by ksauthenticoi: 6:46am On Jan 16, 2017
May the spirit of our ancestors purnish those who brought these two religions to naija
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 16, 2017
Mayflowa:

Of what use is this take?
Even if olumba olumba is not part of CAN when book boys starts knocking, they won't care your car, state or beliefs. Anything out side their faith is operation kill. There is no mark for churches that belong of CAN. Would rather your sisters and brothers of other church is killed instead?
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by isnovic(m): 7:41am On Jan 16, 2017
Fear no foe, Northern Christian should arm themselves to defend themselves, their families and their land.
The present government is pro-islam.
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Dinocarex(m): 7:57am On Jan 16, 2017
abbey621:
Nigeria's problem are two folds:

1. Majority of Northerners and their sick ideology(Notice I didn't use the word 'Muslims' because religion has never been the problem but interpretation. These people refuse to value the life of their fellow human beings.

2. CAN and their incessant lack of respect for other religions. Basically you do not go into another man's backyard and start forming landlord. CAN is basically jeopardizing the lives of Christians in the North, if you eventually fight force with force in the long run the Christians would lose out against the more physical and violent opposition.

In the end, a country without a credible and effective government will expose it's citizens to quagmire like this!

I totally stand against your opinions. In Nigeria constitution, there is right to practice any religion you so choose. Whether, I am in the North, South, East or West. Any religion I so choose to practice is my constitutional right. Whose background are they forming Landlord? If this same situation happened in Ibo land.. Would have said the same!!
Nigeria constitution is bigger than any religious law in this country. But its a shame, reverse is the case in this country!!
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by Epsilon92: 9:59am On Jan 16, 2017
[quote author=Luizville post=52827620] Press Statement
CAN Replies Council of Imams and Ulamah of Kaduna State

Yesterday CAN National Secretariat was inundated with calls from several well-meaning persons over a Press Conference addressed by the Council of Imams and Ulama of Kaduna State. In the press conference, the Islamic clerics called for the arrest of CAN president, Dr. Samson Ayokunle, the Senator Representing Southern Kaduna, Distinguished Senator Danjuma Laah, the President of Southern Kaduna Peoples Union, SOKAPU, Dr. Solomom Musa, Rev. Zechariah Gado, Hon. Sunday Marshal, Dr. Danfulani, and my humble self, Rev. Dr. Musa Asake.

The Islamic clerics’ anger with us was that we had made comments that stoked the ongoing killings in Southern Kaduna. CAN wishes to state that the demand of these Muslims preachers has again reaffirmed their hypocrisy. To CAN, this is a surprising shameless, unveiled criminal support for evil.

While, the killings of children, women, aged and the most defenseless of Southern Kaduna natives and the destruction of entire communities was at its peak, no one knew that a group called Council of Imams and Ulama existed in Kaduna state.

When Church leaders under the banner of CAN kept praying for Southern Kaduna and other affected areas in the country, visiting traumatized communities and softly calling on government to do the needy, this Council of Imams was silent and invisible. If indeed, this Council of Muslim clerics claim to preach peace, tolerance and respect for human lives, we would expect them to have come out to call the rampaging Muslims herdsmen to order; condole the victims and join in the process of looking for a lasting solution, but mum was their response.

Dear reverand, thanks for this write up, but we all should know that this 'so called' religion of peace has never, I don't think will ever propagate their religion in peaceful manner. Come to think of it, have you ever see any of them outside telling people that mohamade saves? No! They only propagate their religion by volience, killing of innocent souls and by birth. Religion of indeed, insort islam is evil

1 Like

Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by abbey621(m): 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
Dinocarex:

I totally stand against your opinions. In Nigeria constitution, there is right to practice any religion you so choose. Whether, I am in the North, South, East or West. Any religion I so choose to practice is my constitutional right. Whose background are they forming Landlord? If this same situation happened in Ibo land.. Would have said the same!!
Nigeria constitution is bigger than any religious law in this country. But its a shame, reverse is the case in this country!!

There's a difference between reality and wishful thinking. What you just wrote is wishful thinking. If you truly understood the dynamics of the North you would completely agree that there is just no way to defeat their ideology without the help of the government. In a country where justice jungle reigns, where the rich get away with stealing billions of Naira and the poor are jailed or lynched for stealing tomatoes; the reality is your Constitutional rights are only valuable on paper. This is the sad but bitter truth!
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by limamintruth: 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2017
abbey621:
Nigeria's problem are two folds:

1. Majority of Northerners and their sick ideology(Notice I didn't use the word 'Muslims' because religion has never been the problem but interpretation. These people refuse to value the life of their fellow human beings.

2. CAN and their incessant lack of respect for other religions. Basically you do not go into another man's backyard and start forming landlord. CAN is basically jeopardizing the lives of Christians in the North, if you eventually fight force with force in the long run the Christians would lose out against the more physical and violent opposition.

In the end, a country without a credible and effective government will expose it's citizens to quagmire like this!

And my response to you is:
1. Why Islam is the most widely mis-interpreted religion (by its followers) in matters relating to barbarity & savagery?

2. Its obvious you are ignorant of the fact that indigent northern communities exist from time immemorial till date. And CAN as a body, is there to protect the interests of all Christians from both the South and the North of Nigeria.
Rather its these worthless Islamic terrorists masquerading as 'fulani marauders' (& also referred to as fulanis from neighbouring countries to nig. by Gov. El-rufai himself) that are the actual aliens trying so hard to forcefully take over the lands of these Christian communities via their usual cowardly terrorist night attacks on the said communities.

The questions you should be asking are:
1. Why Nigerian Ulamas would shamelessly attempt to justify the cowardly killing of scores of hapless women & children, while the victims were innocently observing their night sleep?

2. Why these evil Ulamas would prefer to defend the actions of non-nigerian killers(as stated by the Gov. himself) of their fellow countrymen, rather than criticize the govt. for its failure to secure the lives of its citizens?

3. Why a sitting Gov. would chose to pay the same people he referred to as foreigners after they had killed scores of 'his' people in cold-blood, rather than ensuring their arrest and lawful prosecution?

4. Why Muslim clerics have all failed to commiserate with Christians for what these terrorists have done?

5. Why the fed. govt. has refused to address the excesses of these fulani marauders terrorizing christian communities nationwide; and also Why the fulanis are the only people allowed to move about well armed with dangerous weapons in Nigeria
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by limamintruth: 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2017
2dugged:
Even read through the thread and see the decendants of Ishmael doing what they know how to do best,hence the reason I always say all Muslims are the same, it's either they are perpetrators or apologists to the course of jihad

You've just said the undiluted truth dea.
These incessant killings by the Fulani marauders its part of a grand plan by Nigerian Islamists in govt. to force Christians out of their lands, seize it and continuously expand their territories just as Usman Danfodio did in the past.

However, this would definitely be an unsurmountable task to achieve, because Nigerian Christians of today are more enlightened than Nigerian Christians of yesteryears during the 'jahilliya period/dark ages of illiteracy.

In this computer age of technological advancements, no one will stay mute & watch another decimate his people to extinction.
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by abbey621(m): 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2017
limamintruth:

And my response to you is:
1. Why Islam is the most widely mis-interpreted religion (by its followers) in matters relating to barbarity & savagery?

2. Its obvious you are ignorant of the fact that indigent northern communities exist from time immemorial till date. And CAN as a body, is there to protect the interests of all Christians from both the South and the North of Nigeria.
Rather its these worthless Islamic terrorists masquerading as 'fulani marauders' (& also referred to as fulanis from neighbouring countries to nig. by Gov. El-rufai himself) that are the actual aliens trying so hard to forcefully take over the lands of these Christian communities via their usual cowardly terrorist night attacks on the said communities.

The questions you should be asking are:
1. Why Nigerian Ulamas would shamelessly attempt to justify the cowardly killing of scores of hapless women & children, while the victims were innocently observing their night sleep?

2. Why these evil Ulamas would prefer to defend the actions of non-nigerian killers(as stated by the Gov. himself) of their fellow countrymen, rather than criticize the govt. for its failure to secure the lives of its citizens?

3. Why a sitting Gov. would chose to pay the same people he referred to as foreigners after they had killed scores of 'his' people in cold-blood, rather than ensuring their arrest and lawful prosecution?

4. Why Muslim clerics have all failed to commiserate with Christians for what these terrorists have done?

5. Why the fed. govt. has refused to address the excesses of these fulani marauders terrorizing christian communities nationwide; and also Why the fulanis are the only people allowed to move about well armed with dangerous weapons in Nigeria

Before you call someone ignorant you might want to chill and understand what is called a premise, if you actually took time to read what I wrote before rambling you would realize that our points are very similar. All your points are easily rebutted using 3 questions/statements of my own:

1. What evidence do you have that Islam is more misinterpreted than Christianity? Perhaps you are not a student of history or maybe you are just a product of modernization but check your history books and see where all the savagery and violence began.

2. What is CAN's usefulness? When you tell your members to protect themselves at all cost even if it means to lynch suspected Fulani herdsmen, this will surely not end well for the minority. In a place where the majority rules and the government is not willing to protect the minorities what makes you think we won't have a genocide?

Finally, this is not a religious problem, it is purely political! Someone mentioned religious rights under the Nigerian Constitution earlier but failed to understand there is no enforcement. In a situation where a certain group dominates a particular section of the country and are hell bent on wiping out the lesser group due to the nonchalant attitude and wickedness of the government, anyone that believes CAN will protect these people are obviously delusional!
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by limamintruth: 7:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
abbey621:

Before you call someone ignorant you might want to chill and understand what is called a premise, if you actually took time to read what I wrote before rambling you would realize that our points are very similar. All your points are easily rebutted using 3 questions/statements of my own:

1. What evidence do you have that Islam is more misinterpreted than Christianity? Perhaps you are not a student of history or maybe you are just a product of modernization but check your history books and see where all the savagery and violence began.

2. What is CAN's usefulness? When you tell your members to protect themselves at all cost even if it means to lynch suspected Fulani herdsmen, this will surely not end well for the minority. In a place where the majority rules and the government is not willing to protect the minorities what makes you think we won't have a genocide?

Finally, this is not a religious problem, it is purely political! Someone mentioned religious rights under the Nigerian Constitution earlier but failed to understand there is no enforcement. In a situation where a certain group dominates a particular section of the country and are hell bent on wiping out the lesser group due to the nonchalant attitude and wickedness of the government, anyone that believes CAN will protect these people are obviously delusional!

Funny enough you were the one who authoritatively stated in your prev. post that
"Majority of Northerners and their sick ideology(Notice I didn't use the word 'Muslims' because religion has never been the problem but INTERPRETATION." Hence, my first question stemmed from your assertion that the problem is as a result of misinterpretation of religion. But you deliberately failed to mention WHO are those that are misinterpreting WHAT religion? The likes of BokoHaram and Fulani marauders can be said to be misinterpreting WHAT religion?? Because as far as Nigeria is concerned, this are the primary security challenges bedevilling the north, from north east - north central - north west.

Secondly, self defense has always been the right of every human being. Thus, whether or not CAN directs Christians to protect their lives at all cost doesn't in any way negate the fact that CAN is only reminding Christians of their fundamental right to self defense from these Islamists who constantly invade their communities at night and maim their hapless families in great numbers. No individual can sit back silently and constantly watch strangers cause havoc to his household without doing something to defend his people.
And in case you don't know, self defense is a good defense for murder under our penal code & criminal code i.e to say, if you invade my house with the intent to kill me or cause me harm, I have every right to kill you first because you are the uninvited invader. Thus, CAN only stated the obvious truth.

And without these communities coming together to defend themselves from these terrorists, these attacks will never stop; since the govt. clearly doesn't give a damn and the terrorists are enjoying their successes week by week.
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by abbey621(m): 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
limamintruth:

Funny enough you were the one who authoritatively stated in your prev. post that
"Majority of Northerners and their sick ideology(Notice I didn't use the word 'Muslims' because religion has never been the problem but INTERPRETATION." Hence, my first question stemmed from your assertion that the problem is as a result of misinterpretation of religion. But you deliberately failed to mention WHO are those that are misinterpreting WHAT religion? The likes of BokoHaram and Fulani marauders can be said to be misinterpreting WHAT religion?? Because as far as Nigeria is concerned, this are the primary security challenges bedevilling the north, from north east - north central - north west.

Secondly, self defense has always been the right of every human being. Thus, whether or not CAN directs Christians to protect their lives at all cost doesn't in any way negate the fact that CAN is only reminding Christians of their fundamental right to self defense from these Islamists who constantly invade their communities at night and maim their hapless families in great numbers. No individual can sit back silently and constantly watch strangers cause havoc to his household without doing something to defend his people.
And in case you don't know, self defense is a good defense for murder under our penal code & criminal code i.e to say, if you invade my house with the intent to kill me or cause me harm, I have every right to kill you first because you are the uninvited invader. Thus, CAN only stated the obvious truth.

And without these communities coming together to defend themselves from these terrorists, these attacks will never stop; since the govt. clearly doesn't give a damn and the terrorists are enjoying their successes week by week.

You are still not getting it, perhaps you are deliberately ignoring reality? Religion has never been the problem rather the problem is pure greed and hatred with political influence. It's like an Igbo community choosing to protect themselves during the Biafran war while living in the Western region, ko le work! There is something called home advantage and majority usually overwhelms the minority. CAN can talk the talk but they can't walk the walk. Since the Muslim leaders in the North have chosen to turn a blind eye, what would it profit CAN to continue to anger the majority?

I just can't help but laugh, which communities are you talking about? The majority of Northerners see no problem with these killings, are you suggesting the minorities match them fire for fire? You do realize that for every Fulani that dies, they are willing to sacrifice 100 Christians? How then can such a battle be won? Without rescue from the government these people are doomed! This is my point and why I blame the North, CAN and the government for this tragedy!
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by ozoebuka1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
vislabraye:

Shame on you. So you think Catholic Church is not being affected ? . Were two Reverend sister not kidnapped in Enugu under Mbakas nose ? Or have you forgotten that Catholic church was also bombed? Continue deceiving yourself.
you are dumb... Stop putting words into my mouth... all I did wrong was to thank God for Catholic not being part of can and y'all are abusing me and inciting what I never sed.
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by vislabraye(m): 9:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
ozoebuka1:
you are dumb... Stop putting words into my mouth... all I did wrong was to thank God for Catholic not being part of can and y'all are abusing me and inciting what I never sed.

Shame, shame shame on you. How does Catholic not being in CAN stop the killing ? Instead of you to say something reasonable, you're thanking God that Catholic is not part of CAN.
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by ozoebuka1(m): 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2017
vislabraye:

Shame, shame shame on you. How does Catholic not being in CAN stop the killing ? Instead of you to say something reasonable, you're thanking God that Catholic is not part of CAN.
go to my first post that prompted u to quote me to see what I had in mind but never had the time to post initially... thanks.
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by ozoebuka1(m): 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
emi14:

Am a staunch catholic. Catholic more than you. We are talking of killings here. Killing of the infants and defenseless. Killing and burning of churches not mosques. People who profess the same faith with you. Killing of human beings regardless of religious backgrounds. Because they are not Catholics they must die? Repent.
I'm not dragging who's more Catholic with you... all I want to tell u is that you've just putting words into my mouth, can u Show me where I stated categorically that I don't give a fuq about the killings in the north or where I stated that the Muslim cleric was right?...believe you me, I'm more pained than u that defenseless Christians are being killed everyday than u and that was what prompted my initial statement...can is under performing when it comes to speaking and acting for the Christian community...whenever I see anything about CAN, it either they are seeking for media attention or they are beating. around the bush like a toothless bulldog...the time they used in replying the "said Muslim cleric", they should have used it to write to president Buhari.. that would have been more productive .
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by King44(m): 10:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
ozoebuka1:
brother what am trying to so is that can doesn't represent the Christian community as they should, the piloters of the organization only speak out when the said issue is directly affecting them. hence, am happy that my beloved Catholic church ain't dabbling With the already compromised organization...just look at how Muslim organization speaks for their own anytime the need arises...unlike can that speaks without being direct.
what roles are cotholic playing in protecting Christianity and Christians from what u just said it should they are just watching as christianity and christians are going extinct u guys should speak to your religious leaders to also play an effective role is not a must to join can but they can also take huge steps to protect Christians
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by limamintruth: 11:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
abbey621:

You are still not getting it, perhaps you are deliberately ignoring reality? Religion has never been the problem rather the problem is pure greed and hatred with political influence. It's like an Igbo community choosing to protect themselves during the Biafran war while living in the Western region, ko le work! There is something called home advantage and majority usually overwhelm is the minority. CAN can talk the talk but they can't walk the walk. Since the Muslim leaders in the North have chosen to turn a blind eye, what would it profit CAN to continue to anger the majority?

I just can't help but laugh, which communities are you talking about? The majority of Northerners see no problem with these killings, are you suggesting the minorities match them fire for fire? You do realize that for every Fulani that dies, they are willing to sacrifice 100 Christians? How then can such a battle be won? Without rescue from the government these people are doomed! This is my point and why I blame the North, CAN and the government for this tragedy!

And I also understand the point you are trying to make; albeit using a very wrong analogy. In your write-up, its obvious you do not really know the true state of things in the north because for you to compare the north and south east is indeed laughable.

Let's take for example Kaduna State where these present attacks on indigent Christians is taking place. Note that I've lived in Kaduna State for more than 20years, thus I'm not just assuming things like you southerners do.

The State has an almost equal number of indigent Muslims and Christians alike; however, the political structure of the State favours the Muslims more as a result of Babangida's gameplan while he was Head of State. That is why its always very hard for the indigent Christians to self produce a Christian Governor in the State.

Furthermore, I'm surprised you are not aware that the indigent Christians have always defended their communities from Islamists in the past. Or why do you think the terrorists refer to their actions as 'avenging the killings of their kinsmen'?

The only disadvantage the Christians have right now is the fact that the govt. of the day is actively supporting the invaders against the Christian communities; that's all. Without govt supporting the fulanis, they would have long be driven by the indigenes. The govt are the ones arming these fulanis with very sophisticated weapons and there have been several eyewitness reports to corroborate same. Note that I live in Kaduna till date, and I was at one of the affected areas about a week ago. The indigenes have confirmed that a particular helicopter is always seen deep in the forest where the well armed fulanis are said to be located, dropping things late in the evening & hovering away afterwards.
This is why CAN has asked the communities to also arm themselves and defend their territories.

And for you to make that Igbo comparison just proves to me that you know nothing abt Kaduna State of a truth. Kaduna State is different from Kano State or Benue. Thus, you can just lump the whole north and refer to it as a dead zone for Christians because northern Christians did not 'migrate' to the north, like the Igbos migrate to Lagos or South west , no. The North has always been their homelands even b4 independence.

So I want you to be rest assured that NOTHING will happen if the Indigent Christians decide to arm themselves to protect their territory against intruders.
BTW, this is not a religious crises even, but a purely unprovoked attack on communities by faceless persons. And the call by CAN isn't a call against every Muslim in Kaduna State, but a call that is solely against the attackers hiding in the forests surrounding these Christian communities. The peace loving fulanis still move freely about in these communities without any harassment, thus, no one is targeting Muslims here; only the hideous killers in the forests.

Finally, you initially mentioned me as not being conversant with history. I just didn't want to create further epistle on that submission of yours because it seems you need the history lessons the more considering you seem not to know that the Prophet of Islam Muhammad is one of the most renowned warlord in history because during his lifetime, he masterminded the deaths of numerous Jews and pagans all over the middle east of old. Then we talk about the bloody Islamic conquests of old, that caused the decimation of millions of Christians from north Africa to parts of Europe to Asia. And back to Nigeria, with the bloody jihad of Uthman Danfodio across the Northern region, forcing several non-muslim communities to embrace Islam. All these killings were religiously motivated.

Note that you don't have to accept because I can deduce from your writeup that you are a Muslim from the South.
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by abbey621(m): 11:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
limamintruth:

And I also understand the point you are trying to make; albeit using a very wrong analogy. In your write-up, its obvious you do not really know the true state of things in the north because for you to compare the north and south east is indeed laughable.

Let's take for example Kaduna State where these present attacks on indigent Christians is taking place. Note that I've lived in Kaduna State for more than 20years, thus I'm not just assuming things like you southerners do.

The State has an almost equal number of indigent Muslims and Christians alike; however, the political structure of the State favours the Muslims more as a result of Babangida's gameplan while he was Head of State. That is why its always very hard for the indigent Christians to self produce a Christian Governor in the State.

Furthermore, I'm surprised you are not aware that the indigent Christians have always defended their communities from Islamists in the past. Or why do you think the terrorists refer to their actions as 'avenging the killings of their kinsmen'?

The only disadvantage the Christians have right now is the fact that the govt. of the day is actively supporting the invaders against the Christian communities; that's all. Without govt supporting the fulanis, they would have long be driven by the indigenes. The govt are the ones arming these fulanis with very sophisticated weapons and there have been several eyewitness reports to corroborate same. Note that I live in Kaduna till date, and I was at one of the affected areas about a week ago. The indigenes have confirmed that a particular helicopter is always seen deep in the forest where the well armed fulanis are said to be located, dropping things late in the evening & hovering away afterwards.
This is why CAN has asked the communities to also arm themselves and defend their territories.

And for you to make that Igbo comparison just proves to me that you know nothing abt Kaduna State of a truth. Kaduna State is different from Kano State or Benue. Thus, you can just lump the whole north and refer to it as a dead zone for Christians because northern Christians did not 'migrate' to the north, like the Igbos migrate to Lagos or South west , no. The North has always been their homelands even b4 independence.

So I want you to be rest assured that NOTHING will happen if the Indigent Christians decide to arm themselves to protect their territory against intruders.
BTW, this is not a religious crises even, but a purely unprovoked attack on communities by faceless persons. And the call by CAN isn't a call against every Muslim in Kaduna State, but a call that is solely against the attackers hiding in the forests surrounding these Christian communities. The peace loving fulanis still move freely about in these communities without any harassment, thus, no one is targeting Muslims here; only the hideous killers in the forests.

Finally, you initially mentioned me as not being conversant with history. I just didn't want to create further epistle on that submission of yours because it seems you need the history lessons the more considering you seem not to know that the Prophet of Islam Muhammad is one of the most renowned warlord in history because during his lifetime, he masterminded the deaths of numerous Jews and pagans all over the middle east of old. Then we talk about the bloody Islamic conquests of old, that caused the decimation of millions of Christians from north Africa to parts of Europe to Asia. And back to Nigeria, with the bloody jihad of Uthman Danfodio across the Northern region, forcing several non-muslim communities to embrace Islam. All these killings were religiously motivated.

Note that you don't have to accept because I can deduce from your writeup that you are a Muslim from the South.

There's no need for the long epistle,you obviously live in a world of theories while reality has evaded you! Three fallacies in your write up:

1: Kaduna has the same number of Christians to Muslims(You obviously don't know what you are talking about, can you show me the research which backs your ridiculous assumption?) I not only have friends and family in Kaduna but I served there also so where did you get your information from?

2. Who told you the government is sponsoring these uprisings? Once again another emotional reaction with no facts whatsoever! Perhaps you meant religious leaders?

3. Finally, If you call Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) a warlord then the same title befits Moses and Joshua. You might want to dispute it but even the smartest historians would tell you more people died on the orders of Joshua than any other prophet so your outrageous analysis of the prophet was not only mischief-like but comical!

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/03/who-was-the-most-violent-prophet-in-history/

It might interest you to know that the very first holy crusade was created by the church as a military campaign aimed at reclaiming what is known today as the Middle East. The death toll is over 700,000, you might want to think about this before thinking one religion is more violent than the other grin grin
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by infolekan(m): 8:04am On Jan 17, 2017
abbey621:

There's no need for the long epistle,you obviously live in a world of theories while reality has evaded you! Three fallacies in your write up:

1: Kaduna has the same number of Christians to Muslims(You obviously don't know what you are talking about, can you show me the research which backs your ridiculous assumption?) I not only have friends and family in Kaduna but I served there also so where did you get your information from?

2. Who told you the government is sponsoring these uprisings? Once again another emotional reaction with no facts whatsoever! Perhaps you meant religious leaders?

3. Finally, If you call Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) a warlord then the same title befits Moses and Joshua. You might want to dispute it but even the smartest historians would tell you more people died on the orders of Joshua than any other prophet so your outrageous analysis of the prophet was not only mischief-like but comical!

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/03/who-was-the-most-violent-prophet-in-history/

It might interest you to know that the very first holy crusade was created by the church as a military campaign aimed at reclaiming what is known today as the Middle East. The death toll is over 700,000, you might want to think about this before thinking one religion is more violent than the other grin grin

The person engaging you in this conversation has a lot of time in his hands. It's obvious where you stand and all this talk about numbers and some peeps being in the minority all points to the same end.
The glaring factor here is that a set of people are being attacked continuously and the government is doing nothing to help.....would you suggest they rollover and die or what exactly do you think CAN should do.
The SAW you wrote after your Prohepet Muhammad SAW tells me you're a Muslim. Don't see you saying anything different.
You're being the idealist and not the realist cos you've not said one thing you think the Southern Laguna Christians should do or they should just rollover and die without defending themselves?
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by abbey621(m): 6:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
infolekan:

The person engaging you in this conversation has a lot of time in his hands. It's obvious where you stand and all this talk about numbers and some peeps being in the minority all points to the same end.
The glaring factor here is that a set of people are being attacked continuously and the government is doing nothing to help.....would you suggest they rollover and die or what exactly do you think CAN should do.
The SAW you wrote after your Prohepet Muhammad SAW tells me you're a Muslim. Don't see you saying anything different.
You're being the idealist and not the realist cos you've not said one thing you think the Southern Laguna Christians should do or they should just rollover and die without defending themselves?

This is the problem I have with your kind, failure to keep an open mind. The attack should be condemned by all well meaning Nigerians, it has nothing to do with your religion. The failure to condemn these attacks by the North shows that they are hell bent on wiping out the minority. When you now add the silence and cowardice of the government to the mix, things become very CLEAR! Tis is why I blamed the Northern majority and CAN for not helping the situation. If we are to fight violence with violence, the majority would win; rather CAN must use it's influence to engage the government and the Northern elites! Without intervention from the government the minority would ALL DIE! I hope you get my point, I'm all fr the defending themselves but this is an herculean task and the CASUALTIES would be too much.
Re: CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State by oshorstan(f): 8:51am On Feb 06, 2017
Ikio:
But you are not Jesus so y ar u urging?

we are stakeholders too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman And Her Drugs At Apostle Johnson Suleman's Church For Deliverance (Photos) / A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad / Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.