Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? (7522 Views)

Ppsspp Android And Computer Games Here! (directdownload Links) / Computer Games To Try Out Before The Year Runs Out / Which Computer Games Do You Play? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Busta(f): 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2009
mr.official:

Pele, don't be angry, omo dada.

lol . . .not angry, just pissed tongue
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by mrofficial(m): 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2009
Busta:

Ok. Cheer up, baby.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by lalaboi(m): 9:10pm On Dec 01, 2009
Na wa oh. . .

Seeing loads of Boys this/gals this thread on NL

This one in particular is plain pointless. . .lol. . .If games make guyz dumb. . .Gossiping,makeup etc etc makes gals dumber lol. . .
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by nazzyon(m): 11:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
The big problem with Game is addiction.

Another thing game do is improve your knowledge in your line of interest i.e

If you enjoy violence if you play violent game it will reflect in your life.

Enjoy driving race cars like I do, game playing improves desire for more speed while driving on the road.

_______

In short, if games make people dumb I believe scientists won't encourage the playing. 'cos there are some article that advices that parent should get games for their children.

_______

One side effect to game playing is anger "The game you play the more you are prone to getting angry".

Before you call me a liar, here is an example:

Ever been distracted or called upon to do something that requires you to leave what you are doing or stop the game you are playing; "You know what happens at that point in time".

You are the judge.

Am I right or am I right?
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by dyabman(m): 9:52am On Dec 02, 2009
Busta:

bite me!!!
Just my opinion lipsrsealed angry

i dont bite Busta busto , take care tongue cool
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by nethacker(m): 10:28am On Dec 02, 2009
Nope!!! computer games dont make us dumb like u think  instead it makes us smart players  grin grin grin
How can u be so dumb to think that computer games make us dumb shocked shocked shocked
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by dyabman(m): 10:31am On Dec 02, 2009
i wonder ooooooooo

i play ps2, ps3 , xbox, xbox360 , soccer , adventures and so on, have never felt dumb or dumber. . .

Close this thread moderator tongue
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by djcrucifix(m): 10:47am On Dec 02, 2009
sometimes. too much of everything is bad but some games are good for the brain.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by domwas2(m): 4:29pm On Dec 02, 2009
It used to be video games were only played by kids. Now because of the advancement of technology in terms of realistic graphics and other factors, the market has extended to adults.
And you may be wondering what’s wrong with playing video games if you’re an adult.
The stigma is no longer there. It’s fun, it’s something to do when you get back from work, something to do with your friends when they come over, etc.
It seems harmless at first, but when you dig a bit deeper, you begin to find the subtle harmful effects of it.
First off, like any drug, it provides escape from the real world.
And there’s nothing wrong with that once in a while. We do it all the time when we watch movies or a TV show or read a novel.
But if you keep on doing that, if you keep on trying to escape the real world through video games, what do you find?
It slowly BECOMES your world.
You get addicted to it because you find the video game world much “better” than the real world.
After all, in the video game world, it doesn’t take much to become a “winner”.
To be somebody.
To be a hero.
It’s instant gratification to attain that status. Move around a joystick and press some buttons at the right time and bam – you can be somebody.
If you can be a hero in a video game, then why bother with the real world?
Why bother trying to improve when you can be a hero just by pressing some buttons at the right time?
You begin to subtly equate in your mind that becoming a hero is easy. It’s instant. And I use the hero term broadly here.
You can be a Superbowl champ. Be a leader of a clan. A general of an army.
That kind of endowment of virtual status distracts from the real world and cuts any ambition at the knees to improve in it.
Moreover, to rub more salt in the wound, you don’t even have that much time to devote in improving your life in the real world. The video games take up that precious time. And it’s not like you can cut it cold turkey. It’s meant to be addicting as well. The video game industry spends a lot of time and money to see how they can stimulate your mind to produce feel good chemicals when playing their games because after all, it’s good business. That makes you want to buy the next game and the next and the next gaming console as well, ensuring long term profits for those companies.
Young boys today are particularly susceptible to this. By constantly playing video games, they become stuck in this alternate world, where they are somebody, all the meanwhile, forgoing any desire to step up in the real world, delaying their evolution into becoming men.
And if some of them muster up the courage to try to step up in the real world, they find it’s hard to do so, so they inevitably retreat back into tot he safety cocoon of the video game world where everything is soft and easy and can be attained through the pressing of a few simple buttons.
Like all drugs, video games seem harmless at first.
You try it out a little because you hear people say it’s good.
Experiment just to see what it’s like.
You find it’s pretty good.
So you try a bit more.
And a bit more.
And a bit more.
Until you’re free falling down this slippery slope that you don’t realize until you hit rock bottom.
And the climb up becomes twice as hard, because you never really experienced “physical climbing”.
Only “virtual climbing” with a push of a few easy buttons.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by malone5923(m): 12:55am On Dec 04, 2009
@dom. Well spoken, I am afraid I live that same type of live, a shame it is but as long chiks still digg me thats all that matters.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by domwas2(m): 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2009
@melone, Its ok
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Doubleen: 12:27am On Dec 05, 2009
One of the many examples
Andy Murray, the No. 4 ranked player in the world of tennis, was dumped by his long-time girlfriend Kim Sears due, in part, to the fact that he spent up to seven hours a day playing video games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/blog/busted_racquet/post/Andy-Murray-gets-dumped-for-playing-too-many-vid?urn=ten,206655
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by na2day2(m): 9:22am On Dec 05, 2009
Double-en:

One of the many examples
Andy Murray, the No. 4 ranked player in the world of tennis, was dumped by his long-time girlfriend Kim Sears due, in part, to the fact that he spent up to seven hours a day playing video games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/blog/busted_racquet/post/Andy-Murray-gets-dumped-for-playing-too-many-vid?urn=ten,206655

his gf needs to get a life!  tongue tongue tongue

Busta:

it is not our fault that u got PMS lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by vowiski(m): 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2009
when a guy spends all his life on Gaming, definitely he would become dumb!
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2009
lets see now

the traits required for me to lay video games

getting the game

perserverence:
i can spend a whole evening searching for online links to a game

patience:

game is 8gb in 40 200mb rapidshare chunks - my download speed is 40kbs max -9pm to 9am
i take a week to download it

ingenuity/agidi

sometime the links are not complete, and i have to look for another- sometimes the files cannot be joined into a iso by conventional means

testing
install the game, confirm the cack is working, and if not, spend another evening on the net/om your pc, troubleshooing the issue

start playing the game
now if its a modern game - it incorporates quick reflexes, puzzle solving, aggresion

yep only dumb guys need apply-

now watching e and nollywood movies tongue
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by ocelot2006(m): 2:43pm On Dec 06, 2009
I'm afraid I disagree with the poster. I definitely don't think that console games have any negative effect. That is if it is being played in moderation. In the UK, more hand held games are being marketed and sold with the being to sharpen the brains of consumers. Being a former candidate for the PPL and CPL candidate (b4 I opted for a postgrad degree) & aviation buff, I've bn told by pilots that people who play video games tend to performe well in simulations and the current LCD filled cockpits of new generation aircrafts. These days, we also have games like the wii that's quite good and brings the family together as everyone can partake in games that are fulfilled.

However , games tend to be addictive sometimes, and that's were it gets dangerous with the addict living a secluded life with no social connection, and gaining much weight instead on exercising themselves.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Xionez(m): 2:27am On Dec 07, 2009
Please give this lady a new PS3,GTA 4 pack & a Samsung TV with sub-woofers, and i swear,you wish you hadnt.Get ready to become d madame of da house.Even my friends mom plays NFS Most Wanted on her lappy at her own time.I yet 2 experience her drivin,she drives a Volks Golf V6.enuf revv.im sure it will be a graphics in reality!
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by baekdoosan(m): 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2009
[size=14pt]nonsense, pure bullshiiit. Do high heels and make up make women stupiid !!!! [/size]
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by baekdoosan(m): 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2009
You women should leave this gaming thread and stick some high heels up your asssess!!
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Badriyyah(f): 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2009
Nope, most of the guys I know are gamers and they are intelligent.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Glidia: 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2011
good game update
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by mikus24: 10:29am On Mar 16, 2011
in 2009 and 210 some scientist in america and japan did some research and eperimented games with some gamers and non-gamers.it was discovered that gamers are able tothink around on how issues are to be solved.why so? because they observed that some part of the bran that has to do with reasoning enlarges that is it grows bigger and this helps them to reason very well and think well.
games like call of duty, freedom fighter will make one observant of very little things, it makes one develop strtegies on how to go about things.
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Glidia: 8:45am On Apr 22, 2011
Nice game update ,
Re: Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? by Thanuja: 12:28pm On May 05, 2011
good game update ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? / Dream League Soccer 2020 300MB DLS 20 Offline Gold Edition Android Latest HD / Where Can I Download Pes 2016 For Ppsspp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.