Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Toyota Corolla 2003 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla 2003 (3307 Views)

My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed / Oil Change: Toyota Corolla 2003, Advice Needed Urgently / Golf3 Or Honda Bulldog Or Corolla 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corolla 2003 by seunpinky(m): 6:50pm On Jan 15, 2017
good day car gurus, I just got a clean title Toyota corolla 2003. this happens to be my first car, here are my enquiries:
1. do I need to service the car immediately after purchase? my mechanic is suggesting it but am skeptical.
2. what are the needed routine maintenance to keep the car in perfect condition.
3. I need a list of all necessary vehicle documents needed before embarking on a journey to Ilorin from Lagos.

cc. gazzuzz.. kingrein.. autojosh.. msdelilah... nurey
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 by nurey(m): 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
1. I would say yes, this way you can monitor the service history. Remember to use 5w30 or 5W20 recommended don't use anything cheap, less or 20w50. Also use your odometer reading to monitor your distance as you must reset it after servicing the car. To do this press the knob on the dash between a and b, to reset press and hold till you see zero. Use one for maintenance distance and the other for driving distance incase you wanna measure distance or fuel economy.

2. Follow owners manual for this but basic is use right oil and when changing, change with oil filter too, check Atf dipstick and when changing use the recommended atf Toyota T-IV, inflate tire to right pressure. Above all don't race with the car, it's not a sport car.

3. Photocopy of all the documents you where given during vehicle registration. If customs are on the route then you may need the origin custom paper too.

4. Confidence

https://www.nairaland.com/2646449/documents-needed-when-buying-used

https://www.nairaland.com/2004189/conplete-list-required-vehicle-particulars

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 by seunpinky(m): 8:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
nurey:
1. I would say yes, this way you can monitor the service history. Remember to use 5w30 or 5W20 recommended don't use anything cheap, less or 20w50. Also use your odometer reading to monitor your distance as you must reset it after servicing the car. To do this press the knob on the dash between a and b, to reset press and hold till you see zero. Use one for maintenance distance and the other for driving distance incase you wanna measure distance or fuel economy.

2. Follow owners manual for this but basic is use right oil and when changing, change with oil filter too, check Atf dipstick and when changing use the recommended atf Toyota T-IV, inflate tire to right pressure. Above all don't race with the car, it's not a sport car.

3. Photocopy of all the documents you where given during vehicle registration. If customs are on the route then you may need the origin custom paper too.

4. Confidence

https://www.nairaland.com/2646449/documents sneered ashen whit

thanks bro for d quick response.. PLS where and how much can I get the recommended 5w-30/ 5w-20 oil?
also how many litres would I use for servicing?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 by seunpinky(m): 8:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
nurey:

4. Confidence

https://www.nairaland.com/2646449/documents sneered ashen whit

thanks bro for d quick response.. PLS where and how much can I get the recommended 5w-30/ 5w-20 oil?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 by kingreign(m): 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
seunpinky:

You need 5W30 full synthetic Engine oil and genuine engine oil filter which is to be replaced every 5,000miles. You need only Toyota genuine transmission fluid Type T-IV.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 by nurey(m): 8:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
Bros there are sellers of that oil weight here on nairaland, once you just type your location, they would respond to you if they don't, I can call them out, then you discuss with them.

If that route isn't favorable, just walk into this filling stations and ask for their full synthetic
Mobil
Oando
Forte oil total
MRS their 5w40 full synthetic 5 litres Is around 14k in Lagos.

I am 100% sure the other stations i mentioned own would be more expensive or same price but less litres (4)

The recommended engine volume is 3.7L for the 1.8L and around 3.5 for the 1.6L, just drain the oil, remove filter, put a little oil in the new filter if you wish, pour about 3 and half litre into the engine, start engine and let it run for a few minutes, then check Guage, if oil stain is closer to the lower point, add more.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 by seunpinky(m): 10:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
kingreign:

You need 5W30 full synthetic Engine oil and genuine engine oil filter which is to be replaced every 5,000miles. You need only Toyota genuine transmission fluid Type T-IV.
thanks boss
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 by seunpinky(m): 10:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
nurey:
Bros there are sellers of that oil weight here on nairaland, once you just type your location, they would respond to you if they don't, I can call them out, then you discuss with them.

If that route isn't favorable, just walk into this filling stations and ask for their full synthetic
Mobil
Oando
Forte oil total
MRS their 5w40 full synthetic 5 litres Is around 14k in Lagos.

I am 100% sure the other stations i mentioned own would be more expensive or same price but less litres (4)

The recommended engine volume is 3.7L for the 1.8L and around 3.5 for the 1.6L, just drain the oil, remove filter, put a little oil in the new filter if you wish, pour about 3 and half litre into the engine, start engine and let it run for a few minutes, then check Guage, if oil stain is closer to the lower point, add more.
thanks my oga
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 by Smartademu(m): 11:26am On Feb 03, 2017
kingreign:

Bro good day. Please can I use Mobil 1 5w30 for my 2003 corolla? This is my first service.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 by autotrader2: 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
Smartademu:

Bro good day. Please can I use Mobil 1 5w30 for my 2003 corolla? This is my first service.

Yes you can but Why not use the Genuine OEM Toyota Motor 5w30 Oil direct from the US?

Call 09086679585 to order

Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 by kingreign(m): 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Smartademu:

Yes.

(1) (Reply)

Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... / Reverse Camera On 2006-2007 Honda Accord With Navigation / Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.