Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities (46101 Views)

Soldiers Burnt Houses In Naka, Benue In Reprisal Attack - Army Spokesperson / Irigwe Militants In Miango Attack Fulani. Disturbing Pixs / Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna (hausa Translator Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities by gbegemaster(m): 7:49am On Jan 17, 2017
NaMeAboki:

You are either a terrible liar or must have been transplanted with the brain of one of the cows of the herdsmen you have been so fixated about.

Refer to your post on page 3 of this thread at precisely 1.25pm, and note I did not jump into any conversation between you and anybody (as claimed) but instead you were the one who first accosted me with the following words:
Seriously? Sue fulani herdsmen? Lol.

Pls respect yourself and do not test my patience. angry
Tsk! Tsk!! Aboki, So full of annoyance and insults. You really take this social media thing too seriously. I wonder what would happen if you'd run out of patience. Stab me? Yeah an online Stab? Lol.
Re: 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities by gbegemaster(m): 8:02am On Jan 17, 2017
NaMeAboki:

You are either a terrible liar or must have been transplanted with the brain of one of the cows of the herdsmen you have been so fixated about.

Refer to your post on page 3 of this thread at precisely 1.25pm, and note I did not jump into any conversation between you and anybody (as claimed) but instead you were the one who first accosted me with the following words:
Seriously? Sue fulani herdsmen? Lol.

Pls respect yourself and do not test my patience. angry
I own up when I bleep and it was actually someone else who jumped in an carried the conversation. My bad. No wonder, I was like who is this guy on my case.

Still, saying the fulani herdsmen couldn't write that letter because it would leave them open to be sued is silly comment. As far as am concerned that's the last thing on their mind. Both parties. No one bothers with suing fulani herdsmen. They take up defenses against them.
Re: 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities by NaMeAboki: 8:14am On Jan 18, 2017
gbegemaster:
I own up when I bleep and it was actually someone else who jumped in an carried the conversation. My bad. No wonder, I was like who is this guy on my case.

Still, saying the fulani herdsmen couldn't write that letter because it would leave them open to be sued is silly comment. As far as am concerned that's the last thing on their mind. Both parties. No one bothers with suing fulani herdsmen. They take up defenses against them.
gbegemaster:
Tsk! Tsk!! Aboki, So full of annoyance and insults. You really take this social media thing too seriously. I wonder what would happen if you'd run out of patience. Stab me? Yeah an online Stab? Lol.

How very hypocritical; you didn't waste time to insult me when you mistakenly thought I had transgressed; yet you immediately still took exception to being paid back in the same coin even though you were the one clearly in the wrong.

The most annoying part is that you were so much trapped in your own mental prison of bigotry and stereotype that you could not even comprehend the fact that the herdsmen are sophisticated enough to have organised themselves in a structured nationwide registered organisation (MACBAN) which represents them.

What is more, you seem to be ignorant of the fact that a registered organisation such as the MACBAN means one that is legally registered and recognised by the government and therefore can sue and be sued by any legal entity.
Instead you seem to think the Fulani are a bunch of marauding ppl who do nothing but herd cattle and kill anybody in their path; forgetting that from amongst them we had at least 3 heads of state (and still counting); the 1st first class graduate of medicine from UI, prof. Jibril Aminu was a Fulani man ...and the list goes on.

Pls free your mind and relieve yourself of bigotry and ignorance.
Re: 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities by gbegemaster(m): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2017
NaMeAboki:

How very hypocritical; you didn't waste time to insult me when you mistakenly thought I had transgressed; yet you immediately still took exception to being paid back in the same coin even though you were the one clearly in the wrong.

The most annoying part is that you were so much trapped in your own mental prison of bigotry and stereotype that you could not even comprehend the fact that the herdsmen are sophisticated enough to have organised themselves in a structured nationwide registered organisation (MACBAN) which represents them.

What is more, you seem to be ignorant of the fact that a registered organisation such as the MACBAN means one that is legally registered and recognised by the government and therefore can sue and be sued by any legal entity.
Instead you seem to think the Fulani are a bunch of marauding ppl who do nothing but herd cattle and kill anybody in their path; forgetting that from amongst them we had at least 3 heads of state (and still counting); the 1st first class graduate of medicine from UI, prof. Jibril Aminu was a Fulani man ...and the list goes on.

Pls free your mind and relieve yourself of bigotry and ignorance.
Our debate is on fulani herdsmen. However, since you brought it up, even the ones in power make violent statements like the "dog and baboon will be soaked in blood" or how how about "who kills a fulani takes a loan repayable one day"

The subject matter is fulani herdsmen whom you are always so quick to defend on a whim. You quickly dismissed the story about the man that was hacked by fulani herdmen in Delta State. I made some calls and found that it is very true. They are in the village with sophisticated guns and the villagers are afraid to take any action because they feel they have federal support.

No matter what you say, the point remains that your herdmen have been the source of pain and anguish for many in Nigeria. Killing hundreds of people. Why don't you admit to that fact? Or did Nigerians gang up and kill themselves to blame it on fulani herdsmen? Tell me that all the killings of the fulani herdsmen is just propaganda.
Re: 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities by NaMeAboki: 7:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
gbegemaster:
Our debate is on fulani herdsmen. However, since you brought it up, even the ones in power make violent statements like the "dog and baboon will be soaked in blood" or how how about "who kills a fulani takes a loan repayable one day"

The subject matter is fulani herdsmen whom you are always so quick to defend on a whim. You quickly dismissed the story about the man that was hacked by fulani herdmen in Delta State. I made some calls and found that it is very true. They are in the village with sophisticated guns and the villagers are afraid to take any action because they feel they have federal support.

No matter what you say, the point remains that your herdmen have been the source of pain and anguish for many in Nigeria. Killing hundreds of people. Why don't you admit to that fact? Or did Nigerians gang up and kill themselves to blame it on fulani herdsmen? Tell me that all the killings of the fulani herdsmen is just propaganda.

There you go again, speaking about something you hardly understand and further more exposing your ignorance and bigotry; no thanks to a lazy and biased Christian dominated southern media that keeps brainwashing you with half truths.

The dog and baboon statement accredited to Buhari was from a Hausa proverb that was deliberately mis-translated and misquoted much in the same manner the 97%vs 5% statement was also deliberately being misquoted by a supposedly educated but quite clearly dishonest (southern) media.
As for the latter statement about the Fulani loan repayment accredited to El-Rufia; well that was simply a clear warning (to those who did not know) about the Fulani culture and capacity for revenge - incidentally, what could be more true than the currently happening in southern Kaduna - so pls explain to how that statement (made several years ago) could translate to incitement or relate to the ongoing events?

You must be confusing me yet again with somebody because the subject of this thread is about the purported Fulani letter threatening reprisal in southern Kaduna (as you kindly reminded me) so I cannot imagine how it was possible for to be defending an alleged incident in Delta, that is not part of the present discussion - pls check the facts again.

No, I never inferred that the Fulani were always blameless or not part of the problem; however, I continue to maintain that there are always two sides to a story and for a large part of it, the Fulani side had mostly been untold or under reported, because of a biased media which always paints them as the aggressors without proper investigation.

The Fulani/farmer clashes have been going on all the time throughout Nigeria; when it occurs it often had been settle amicably, especially in the core north (usually though their leadership, the Ardo or LGA, who make them pay compensation to the farmer).
At times, it does also get out of hand (e.g. Zamfara, Katsina etc.) and indeed there had been several killings; but curiously enough the press is hardly interested unless when the victims happen to be Christians or from tribes outside the core north.

Has it ever occurred to you that the herdsmen may not have always been the instigators in these clashes; that they could have been victims of rustling or being duped of large sums of money towards rent/purchase of grazing land; and that their negative press is due to their better success at dishing out more brutal reprisal than their counter parts?

Did you know that the Enugu killings was a reprisal by the herdsmen due to their members being secretly killed and buried upside down (after disembowelment) in shallow graves?

Did you know that a committee report recommended one of the SE governors to pay compensation to some herdsmen as part of its findings - well before the alleged payment by El-Rufai; the question that remains is why was his so outrageously different in the eyes of the press?

Did you know that, even after all his much publicised anti grazing brouhaha, governor Fayose of Ekiti State still signed an agreement with the Fulani association (MACBAN) and in the same breath directed local traditional rulers to grant them land to graze? - details of which the press have ignored.

Finally, find below an advice about the power of the media (especially Nigerian media) and your gullibility to cheap propaganda if you are not willing to use your brain.

Re: 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities by gbegemaster(m): 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2017
NaMeAboki:

There you go again, speaking about something you hardly understand and further more exposing your ignorance and bigotry; no thanks to a lazy and biased Christian dominated southern media that keeps brainwashing you with half truths.

The dog and baboon statement accredited to Buhari was from a Hausa proverb that was deliberately mis-translated and misquoted much in the same manner the 97%vs 5% statement was also deliberately being misquoted by a supposedly educated but quite clearly dishonest (southern) media.
As for the latter statement about the Fulani loan repayment accredited to El-Rufia; well that was simply a clear warning (to those who did not know) about the Fulani culture and capacity for revenge - incidentally, what could be more true than the currently happening in southern Kaduna - so pls explain to how that statement (made several years ago) could translate to incitement or relate to the ongoing events?

You must be confusing me yet again with somebody because the subject of this thread is about the purported Fulani letter threatening reprisal in southern Kaduna (as you kindly reminded me) so I cannot imagine how it was possible for to be defending an alleged incident in Delta, that is not part of the present discussion - pls check the facts again.

No, I never inferred that the Fulani were always blameless or not part of the problem; however, I continue to maintain that there are always two sides to a story and for a large part of it, the Fulani side had mostly been untold or under reported, because of a biased media which always paints them as the aggressors without proper investigation.

The Fulani/farmer clashes have been going on all the time throughout Nigeria; when it occurs it often had been settle amicably, especially in the core north (usually though their leadership, the Ardo or LGA, who make them pay compensation to the farmer).
At times, it does also get out of hand (e.g. Zamfara, Katsina etc.) and indeed there had been several killings; but curiously enough the press is hardly interested unless when the victims happen to be Christians or from tribes outside the core north.

Has it ever occurred to you that the herdsmen may not have always been the instigators in these clashes; that they could have been victims of rustling or being duped of large sums of money towards rent/purchase of grazing land; and that their negative press is due to their better success at dishing out more brutal reprisal than their counter parts?

Did you know that the Enugu killings was a reprisal by the herdsmen due to their members being secretly killed and buried upside down (after disembowelment) in shallow graves?

Did you know that a committee report recommended one of the SE governors to pay compensation to some herdsmen as part of its findings - well before the alleged payment by El-Rufai; the question that remains is why was his so outrageously different in the eyes of the press?

Did you know that, even after all his much publicised anti grazing brouhaha, governor Fayose of Ekiti State still signed an agreement with the Fulani association (MACBAN) and in the same breath directed local traditional rulers to grant them land to graze? - details of which the press have ignored.

Finally, find below an advice about the power of the media (especially Nigerian media) and your gullibility to cheap propaganda if you are not willing to use your brain.
Aboki, what you wrote is too long and I honestly cannot read it. Also you keep showing up after 24hrs! No meaningful debate can be held with such a large time delay. Last time was almost 3 days! Haba! Life has already moved on. Jeez!
Re: 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities by NaMeAboki: 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
gbegemaster:
Aboki, what you wrote is too long and I honestly cannot read it. Also you keep showing up after 24hrs! No meaningful debate can be held with such a large time delay. Last time was almost 3 days! Haba! Life has already moved on. Jeez!

I do not have all the time to sit down glued to the internet responding to silly posts like yours; I am gainfully self employed, not jobless; besides I have been sick for a while.

Too bad, you cannot read or more correctly can't handle the more superior counter arguments to your limited reasoning and bigotry.
Re: 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities by NaMeAboki: 9:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
gbegemaster:

I do not have the time to sit down all day glued to the internet responding to silly posts like yours; I am gainfully self employed, not jobless; besides I have been sick for a while.

Too bad, you cannot read or more correctly can't handle the more superior counter arguments to your limited reasoning and bigotry.
Re: 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities by gbegemaster(m): 10:10pm On Jan 19, 2017
NaMeAboki:

I do not have the time to sit down all day glued to the internet responding to silly posts like yours; I am gainfully self employed, not jobless; besides I have been sick for a while.

Lol what superior arguments? Your arguments that the killings of fulani herdsmen is propaganda? When you take sides with your brothers is that not bigotry and ignorance? It's like talking to a brick wall. Worse is the brick wall replies after a very long time talking nonsense about superior arguments while your people are killing and destroying farmlands. At least you responded earlier after my criticism.

The fulani herdsmen will get what is coming to them soon enough and I will be here to remind you. Get well soon bro. Both mentally and physically. See you on the day of reckoning.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities by cheruv: 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
signature2012:
Cc tonyebarcanista.
On reading his submission on the Oyedepo's outburst I wept...that guy is an intellectual hypocrite cry
Re: 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities by NaMeAboki: 11:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
gbegemaster:
Lol what superior arguments? Your arguments that the killings of fulani herdsmen is propaganda? When you take sides with your brothers is that not bigotry and ignorance? It's like talking to a brick wall. Worse is the brick wall replies after a very long time talking nonsense about superior arguments while your people are killing and destroying farmlands. At least you responded earlier after my criticism.

The fulani herdsmen will get what is coming to them soon enough and I will be here to remind you. Get well soon bro. Both mentally and physically. See you on the day of reckoning.

You clearly need to work on your comprehension and literacy; because I clearly never said the killings were propaganda but that there were two sides to the story; however, one side pertaining to the clashes was being told as part of an over all propaganda and bias by the media for reasons already mentioned.

I clearly also recall stating that the Fulani were not blameless or not part of the problem.

This is a typical example of how you guys continually deliberately or carelessly misquote Buhari and twist information through your unethical press.

Pls learn to be objective - at least for once.
Re: 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities by laudate: 11:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
NaMeAboki:
You clearly need to work on your comprehension and literacy; because I clearly never said the killings were propaganda but that there were two sides to the story; however, one side pertaining to the clashes was being told as part of an over all propaganda and bias by the media for reasons already mentioned.

I clearly also recall stating that the Fulani were not blameless or not part of the problem.

This is a typical example of how you guys continually deliberately or carelessly misquote Buhari and twist information through your unethical press.

Pls learn to be objective - at least for once.

Just one question - let us even assume that the Fulani herdsmen were unfairly treated or were victims of some attacks, why on earth do they go on rampage, killing and maiming so many innocent people, and laying entire communities to waste? shocked It is reprehensible!! angry Their response always outstrips whatever damage they claim to have suffered and cannot be justified in any way! shocked
Re: 'We Are Coming For Reprisal Attack': Fulani Herdsmen Write Kaduna Communities by NaMeAboki: 11:58pm On Jan 19, 2017
laudate:

Just one question - let us even assume that the Fulani herdsmen were unfairly treated or were victims of some attacks, why on earth do they go on rampage, killing and maiming so many innocent people, and laying entire communities to waste? shocked It is reprehensible!! angry Their response always outstrips whatever damage they claim to have suffered and cannot be justified in any way! shocked

I agree, indeed their efficiency and capacity for revenge is their main undoing as far as their public image is concerned - the basic warning in El Rufai's much misunderstood msg.
The truth is, the Fulani are very simple ppl who can easily be taken advantage of (some do to their peril).
In other words, do not mess mess with them because they are very unforgiving; should they damage your property, do not take the law into your hands; report them to their leaders or LGA; otherwise their reprisal is usually brutal and quite disproportionate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters / Caption This Picture Of Yahaya Bello And Osinbajo / Herdsmen: Group Protests In Abuja, Calls For Immediate Arrest Of Ortom, Ishiaku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.