Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,749 members, 7,806,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

“i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student (14307 Views)

Somadina Nwabuwa Gets Yam Tuber, Live Chicken As COOU Best Graduating Student / Faith Onyekachukwu Ojumah, McPherson University Best Graduating Student (Photo) / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by o2k(m): 10:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
DELSU best graduating student, Mr. Ossaiugbo Marcus Ifeanyi, of the department of mathematics, graduated with a CGPA of 4.86, making him the outstanding academic performer for the 2014/2015 session. In this interview with campusthree he tells us about himself, his choices and how he was able to achieve that feat.

Graduating with a CGPA of 4.86 comes with lots of reading. What was your reading strategy?

It actually comes with a lot of reading, but reading the relevant materials. I worked with personal study timetable which at most included two courses per day in each semester; strictly followed the courses on my timetable and set a limit on each course content to cover on daily basis. I read in the mornings and evenings, sometimes but not always in the afternoons which I usually set aside for my sweet sleep! In all I was faithful to my study timetable.

Were you an “Awoko” type of student?

I discovered that my rate of assimilation is higher during the day rather than night, so I quickly embraced reading during the day. More so, Awoko or “Al-night” reading does not help my concentration during lectures.

What do you think is the major reason why student fail in DELSU? Lack of love for the course and/or course Lecturer. When a student loves a particular course, the student will invest his/her time, interest and resources in the goal-oriented study of the course. This love also provokes the student into learning presentation patterns for answers to examination questions. Many student do not know how to present their ideas during examinations. This actually tells the lecturer your level of understanding of the course. This lack of love has actually made students to read “anyhow”, “off point” or not to read at all. In all, love for the course and course Lecturer is very important.

Mathematics has to do with lots of cramming, how do you cram?

I always start studying the thought theorems from the day of my resumption for each semester. Understanding the theorems is the best. The one you cannot understand, cram and keep practising them, it’ll be part of you and you’ll understand them someday. I had cramming notes for practise. When I’m done with my study timetable for the day, I would go through the theorem(s) before I sleep. I also had friends who practised theorems with me.

Did you set out to study mathematics, or did you it just happen by chance?

I actually applied for Computer Science (1st choice) and Mathematics (2nd choice). Fortunately, my choice of Institution placed me in my destined Course. I almost missed it, because I ignored the advice of friends who saw in me the potential to excel in Mathematics. I cannot forget Miss Chineye Ajede who was always advising me to apply for Mathematics. I thank God that at last he brought me back on track.

Where there any other awards that you received throughout your university days?

Yes. Destiny Helpers International IQ Test Award, Department of Mathematics 100 level Best Academic Student, Former DELSU Vice Chancellor Prof. Eric Arubayi Awards for Faculty Best Students, and Baptist Student Fellowship Best Graduating Student.
At what level did you find out that you had a chance of becoming the best grad student for your set?

300 level first semester.

Was there any close competitor?

Yes. Mr. Ipogah David from Animal and Environmental Biology (AEB) who graduated with 4.79 CGPA.

Throughout your stay in DELSU, what do you think was the major challenge facing the student?

Lack of enough money to help student’s comfort.

What is the major reason for student poor performance in DELSU? As I earlier pointed out, student’s poor performance can be attributed to:

misplaced destiny,
the student’s inadequate love for the semester courses and/or the course lecturers, and
lack of fund for study materials and student’s comfort.

What are the three places people would likely find you during your undergraduate days?

Learning and/or Reading in the class or library,
Worshipping my Creator in Church or Fellowship, and
Normal stuff in my hostel.

What is that one social activities that you always participated in?

Helping my Coordinator in organising my level mates for Departmental Meetings.

Relationship on campus. What’s your take?

Academic-based relationship is normal, but when it comes to lovers relationship, abnormality usually sets in. The truth is, LIFE IS IN STAGES. One step at a time. I don’t support lovers relationship on campus, except for the ones that are already married before gaining the admission to study. Lovers relationship hinders growth and success. At its best, the one or both parties end up a Mediocre in academic achievement. Such relationship breeds hurt, sin, lack of concentration, foolish expenses, misplaced priority and regrets. Thus, I don’t support lovers relationship on campus for the student who really want to excel.

Did you participate in school student politics?

Yes. Good and effective leadership is part of my lifestyle. I really participated in school student politics, but mostly at departmental level. I exercised my right as a Voter even in SUG elections. In my final year, I wanted to contest for NAMSN President, Delsu Chapter. NAMSN stands for National Association for Mathematics Students of Nigeria. As a conscious Christian, I stepped down when I received a revelation about the leadership position; although this did not go down well with my course mates who actually wanted me there. We must note that engaging in student politics is not bad, but one must know why he/she is in the university or higher institution.

Can you say on a scale of 1-10, how religious were you on campus?

Well… I’ll say 8. In my academic pursuit, I never forgot the place of our great Jehovah. I maintained my worship with The Baptist Student Fellowship (BSF) and Our Saviour Chapel, Abraka. I tried as much as possible to attend almost all Fellowship weekly activities. I love DESTINY CLINIC, BIBLE STUDY and COURSE FORM NIGHT. I cannot forget Pastor Gaga, Pastor Kester, MD Peter, Papa Israel, Igbecha and MD Silas. I was an Academic Director in BSF. I’m proud to be part of God’s family.

You stayed at Abraka hall, a school hostel, was that also a contributing factor to your success?

Yes. I’m grateful to God Almighty for taking me to Abraka Hall. I loved Abraka Hall from the very beginning. The proximity to school, cafe, library and shuttle stand, well arranged reading room, presence of other serious minded students, rules and regulations made me to see the truth about the university and my destiny. In fact, it was when I represented Abraka Hall in the Destiny Helpers International IQ Test that I won my first award in the university.

As the best graduating student, people promised you a lot of things. Are people fulfilling their promise?

Yes. To the glory of God, all promises have been fulfilled. Jehovah remains a faithful God.

Immediate employment for the best grad student so said the governor. Have you collected your employment letter?

Yes I’ve collected my employment letter and Documentation have been made as well. Once again, I appreciate His Excellency, Governor Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa and the entire governing council of Delta State University, Abraka for the Automatic Employment.

If you could change anything about DELSU, what would that be?

The way most students see mathematics. Some are afraid of mathematics, others don’t value mathematics as a course. I have a dream that very soon, the whole world will be looking up to Delsu Mathematicians for all Mathematical and engineering solutions to problems facing humanity.

Looking back today, do you have any regrets?

No. I’m proud of everything that happened and every action I’ve taken back then in my undergraduate days at Delta State University, Abraka. I have no regrets.

Looking forward, what should we be expecting from you?

PPM. Yes! Practical Professor of Mathematics. By God’s grace, I’ll be among the Mathematicians that Jehovah will use to make the world a better place.

Tell us what you think in the comments below, about his opinion on study plan, cramming, relationship on campus, student welfare and the no love for mathematics by students. You could also drop your congratulatory message for him to see here. It’s never too late.

DELSUITE Let’s celebrate our own, spread the word!

Photo credit: Facebook

http://campusthree.com/dont-support-lovers-relationship-campus-student-really-want-excel-delsu-best-graduating-student-mr-ossaiugbo-marcus-ifeanyi-campusthree-com/

1 Like

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by tayoxx(m): 7:02am On Jan 16, 2017
Face your front Abeg

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by Handsomebeing(m): 7:02am On Jan 16, 2017
Forget story jor.

2 Likes

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by Dc4life(m): 7:03am On Jan 16, 2017
Oga parkwell undecided I was in a relationship from my first year in Uni till I graduated yet I never had any F and still came out with a resounding 2:1

16 Likes

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by tochivitus(m): 7:04am On Jan 16, 2017
good
Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by Afobear: 7:05am On Jan 16, 2017
o he means this should not be allowed?

5 Likes

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by sirOrubebe: 7:05am On Jan 16, 2017
The problem with some people is that they take life too serious.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by doctimonyeka(m): 7:06am On Jan 16, 2017
More grace Marcus. Proud of u...

3 Likes

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by zheroes(m): 7:07am On Jan 16, 2017
Good grade has nothing to do with relationship on campus!!!! I don't support premarital sex. I was never in any relationship on campus but I narrowly escaped a 3rd class , I guess I was just lazy coupled with other unfavourable conditions!!!

7 Likes

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by Martinola(m): 7:07am On Jan 16, 2017
No...it depends on how u take it...lovers relationship is in no way a hinderance to academic excellence if well managed.

1 Like

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by abbaapple: 7:08am On Jan 16, 2017
make I hear word joor.

1 Like

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by flimzy24: 7:08am On Jan 16, 2017
Visit www.politicalng.com.ng for your everyday political news and articles
Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by nijanigga: 7:10am On Jan 16, 2017
yahoo yahoo boyz go dey smile say we go pay your salary for your life time

13 Likes

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by danio24ng(m): 7:13am On Jan 16, 2017
Kudos, no b beans to make first class in mathematics and also best graduating student in a school.

2 Likes

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by DBISHOP1(m): 7:13am On Jan 16, 2017
Good one.

1 Like

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by misspicy(f): 7:14am On Jan 16, 2017
nijanigga:
yahoo yahoo boyz go dey smile say we go pay your salary for your life time
Sad but true...

Life ain't fair

2 Likes

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 16, 2017
Who ask you for your life history
Abeg park well
Dc4life:
Oga parkwell undecided I was in a relationship from my first year in Uni till I graduated yet I never had any F and still came out with a resounding 2:1

2 Likes

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 16, 2017
So u expect me to read that epistle up there?
Hell No!!
I know the dude can't make sense much

1 Like

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by tolexy123: 7:18am On Jan 16, 2017
Na her own she dey talk

2 Likes

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by ChairmanOla: 7:20am On Jan 16, 2017
Congratulations
Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by jericco1(m): 7:24am On Jan 16, 2017
I don't support promiscuity. That I am sure of.

1 Like

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by jayAjoku(m): 7:43am On Jan 16, 2017
good for him hope his first class solves problems and he can work well with others to further enhance our technological field if not

1 Like

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by lordtosan(m): 7:46am On Jan 16, 2017
Dc4life:
Maybe u would have had a first class if u never dated.

First class/best graduating student is not the same thing with a resounding 2.1.

7 Likes

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 16, 2017
Which one come be destiny helpers international iq test?
Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by refreshrate: 7:59am On Jan 16, 2017
So smart yet doesn't know the right way up to hold his certificate

...next!

4 Likes

Re: “i Don’t Support Lovers Relationship On Campus" Delsu best graduating student by buffalowings: 8:23am On Jan 16, 2017
I beg who get that okoknkwo meme angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

ATBU Shuts Down Campus, Calls Protesting Students Miscreants / Fake Certificate Saga: Benin Lecturers Pledge Cooperation With FG / LASU Part-time Students Protest, Shut Fashola’s Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.