Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi (1723 Views)

Shekarau's Supporters Block Roads To Pray As He Is Arraigned In Court Today / Igbo Traditional Rulers Kneel Down In Abuja To Pray For Nnamdi Kanu's Release / Daura People Pray For Buhari's Recovery & Good Health(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by Souljaboi1: 10:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
This post is an update to my post one year ago. Find the post here https://www.nairaland.com/2868107/remember-me-pray-me-soulja-boi

I would advice you read that before this.

Well, today is another Jan 15th, exactly a year after the post above. There has been a lot of happenings in the last 365 days, the situations surrounding this post isn't as dramatic as the first, but I feel I owe you an update.

A great part of the NE theatre is under the control of the Nigeria Armed Forces. There are still little areas needing clearing, but believe me, a great deal of work has been done and the dogs of hell are on the run. Their camps have been obliterated and their morale destroyed. They still try to regroup every so often, but they find the men of the Nigeria Armed Forces ready and up to the task.

We still have some bad elements within the ranks who are unhappy with the advances made, but they have no option but to reset their loyalties. Diversion of personnels funds still happens, but the magnitude and frequency is a far cry from what it used to be.

Pte. Ahmed, the son of the woman whom I bought bread from every morning is still in Borno but he is now a Lance Corporal. Adamu, my good friend and buddy has been transferred to the South South; he has also been promoted. 'Oga Sunday' who is more or less a senior brother is fully recovered and now a security detail to the GOC 7 Division. Sgt. 'Mama Ade' is now a Staff Sergeant, I heard her husband is trying to reconcile with her. WO. 'Baba Ola' has bought an SUV from his operation allowance, he was in our house over the weekend. WO. 'Baba Destiny' is still in Gwoza but his family can sleep better now that the area has been liberated.

The situation in the Barracks isn't very rosy, but its much better than it was 12 months ago. Families are being reunited and their welfare package being upgraded.

The oath to protect this country no matter the cost, is very much in place and we're not going to renegade. We are ready to give our lives, if the situation demands. This has nothing to do with the payment we receive, it is a sincere desire to protect motherland. No matter how you spin it, it takes gut to see death and still face it head on, smiling !

The afterlife is a place filled with uncertainties for the fallen, but certainly the tales of their exploits in this life should not be forgotten. They starved and kept vigil to protect this nation from those who would love to see her fail; for that, they deserve our prayers and good words.

A path outside the military isn't going to be half as adventurous, but it's enough consolation that I had done my part. I might not die while charging at the enemy nor while performing a HALO jump behind enemy lines; but whenever death comes, don't cry or wail.

Just Remember Me, Pray for Me.

I'm an ex-Soulja !

Our Heroes Would Forever Be Remembered

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by Souljaboi1: 10:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
Aunty dominique Lalasticlala
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by davide470(m): 11:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
The afterlife is a place filled with uncertainties for the fallen, but certainly the tales of their exploits in this life should not be forgotten. They starved and kept vigil to protect this nation from those who would love to see her fail; for that, they deserve our prayers and good words.

A path outside the military isn't going to be half as adventurous, but it's enough consolation that I had done my part. I might not die while charging at the enemy nor while performing a HALO jump behind enemy lines; but whenever death comes, don't cry or wail
@ Bolded,

Greater words have never been said!

We remember!!

Hoo-Ha!

2 Likes

Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by Dyt(f): 6:17am On Jan 16, 2017
You are an ex soulja but will always and forever remain my own soulja

I am so proud of you

smiley

3 Likes

Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by Souljaboi1: 6:22am On Jan 16, 2017
davide470:
@ Bolded,

Greater words have never been said!

We remember!!

Hoo-Ha!

Thank you Sir !
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by Souljaboi1: 6:22am On Jan 16, 2017
Dyt:
You are an ex soulja but will always and forever remain my own soulja

I am so proud of you

smiley

Thanks dear.

Still waiting on the Catfish sauce. cheesy

Waa dele wa bawa layo.. smiley
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by Dyt(f): 6:23am On Jan 16, 2017
Souljaboi1:

Thanks dear.

Ameen

smiley smiley
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by Funjosh(m): 6:29am On Jan 16, 2017
Hwm
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by uniklinkum(m): 6:51am On Jan 16, 2017
Nice read, Wish the politheficians can be made to fight these wars themselves. Salute to the great soulja.
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by ameesh: 8:52am On Jan 17, 2017
Death is a certainty! But how many of us knows what will actually kill us or when? Being a soldier narrows down the options which is quite scary but audacious.

Tempted to ask many questions but.....

Here's wishing you well in your future endeavors. May Allah be your guard and guide.
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by lekan008(m): 6:50am On Jan 18, 2017
It takes a lot to understand the pain and sacrifice our dear gallant Soldiers are making ranging from NE, Peace keeping and those even where there's no crisis. The only priceless gift we can give you guys is to support you in prayer.
Allah's protection is the best, may He bestow it on you all.
I love you all
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by Atiku2019: 7:01am On Jan 18, 2017
Kudos Gallant Soldiers we are Solidly behind you all........... cool
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by obinoral1179(m): 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2017
Souljaboi1:

Thanks dear.

what rank did u retire with and hope you are doing something to keep you busy? All the best sir....
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by queencalipso(f): 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
I don't understand you are an ex-soulja, were you dismissed or retired?

Nice write up though, I almost shed tears reading it. "It takes gut to see death and still face it head on smiling" word.
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by Souljaboi1: 7:30am On Feb 09, 2017
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by naijaGhandi: 7:53am On Feb 09, 2017
May GOD continue to be with our soldiers
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by Eleniyan15: 8:07am On Feb 09, 2017
shocked

rugged
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2017

1 Like

Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by Iykecaroll(m): 5:48pm On May 21, 2017
Respect!
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by gab264(m): 7:04pm On May 21, 2017
This contraption is not worth dying for.

Like that ur ex now
Re: Update: Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi by samuel19222(m): 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
Souljaboi1:
This post is an update to my post one year ago. Find the post here https://www.nairaland.com/2868107/remember-me-pray-me-soulja-boi

I would advice you read that before this.

bro why did you resign? cry embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Somebody Help! Imo State Is On Fire! ! / Osinbajo Is Fully In Charge – Lai Mohammed / Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.